[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doujin music

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: EN-0001.jpg (68KB, 731x731px) Image search: [Google]
EN-0001.jpg
68KB, 731x731px
Is the doujin world the only way of a fan? Mostly music: is a japanese who makes music based on franchises (fan-music) automatically part of the doujin scene? Does it really work like that? we americans don't have such community.

I'm asking this because I greatly dislike the way doujin music seems to work. I hate the fact that they are "musicians" whose works seem to be all arranged, rearranged, etc; aka freaking remixes, remixes, and remixes.
I'm asking for artists who are artists in the sense that they are individuals who make original music. Suggestions?
>>
>>17038005
Best is artists that make both.

I first discovered BITPLANE from his touhou arranges, but I love his original work.
>>
>>17038005
>is a japanese who makes music based on franchises (fan-music) automatically part of the doujin scene?
Yes.

>"musicians"
Even if you hate it, it does not change the fact that they are musicians. Most do both original and remixes anyway.

https://youtu.be/gRIFiZkb74o
Here are your so called "musicians". Please fuck off.
>>
There's a lot of doujin works released at M3 event which are usually not fan works, but original works not released under a label but self-published. That's what it means to make 同人.

For comics one such event would be Comitia.
>>
>>17038019
Nice, gotta check it someday

>>17038119
What a jerk. downvoted

>>17038169
You know, I ignored the fact that doujins are not precisely fan-works. People make originals comics - heck, Touhou was as much as an original concept as it could have been anything else.

>label
Before saying anything, maybe it could be important to understand these things first.
like dude, I don't event know what a circle actually is (one of the reasons leading to my dislike)

I don't know, doujin is truly a whole new world compared to our culture.
>>
>>17038291
>downvoted
down...voted?
>>
>>17038329
yeah, as in, voted down
>>
>>17038291
>I don't event know what a circle actually is
A group, band, etc. Doesn't necessarily have to be multiple people. The circle 'Team Shanghai Alice' only has one member, Zun.

Touhou is considered a doujin because Zun self-publishes the games himself. Not under any company or commercial publisher. Doujin don't have to be based on something; they can be original works too. Everything released in Comiket is a doujin because circles make their own comics, music, games, etc and release it there. Commercial companies go to comiket too but they are not doujin.

>>17038329
He's a redditfag probably.
>>
The fact you hate the community that express love for a franchise in a very creative way is just stunning I would say even disgusting. People put their efforts and time into the work that others enjoy and you're literally piss on them just because.
>>
>>17038375
Yeah.
Well, I want to ask: is the doujin scene based on events?

>>17038421
Yeah, about that: yeah, harsh, I know I know. I'm by no means not the kind of guy who just hates things, I just want to be honest with myself. Let's just say that "hate" is a strong and ugly word, which isn't pleasant to say here on a beautiful community, and that there are thing I don't support or I'm not ok with.
>you're literally piss on them just because
Nope. I have my reasons: preferences.

I care about the music, the fan-music of Touhou, a franchise I like; and it wasn't how I would ike iit to be. Precisely, I made this thread because of a dissapointment, otherwise I wouldn't have.
it's not "just because".
>>
>>17038369
could you show me exactly how to do that on 4chan?
>>
>>17038692
why 4chan? do it in real life duh
>>
>>17038005
There is a ton of original work being made every Comiket and M3, you're simply not looking at the right places. There's a ton of original solo albums and compilations released every event, not to mention a significant portion of doujin artists that release works through bemani, beatport, artist collectives, NEST HQ, etc.
>>
>>17038748
By "original" I don't mean original particular alums, but artists who perfom, create and shine for what comes out of their original heads, not because a remix-based discography. I'm sure I can find plenty of original albums; but I want artists
Don't know if you meant those kind
The other thing you said about bemani, beatport, etc; great, that sounds genuinely interesting. Really, haven't heard of them. Cool.
Also, you response remind me of this site: http://dova-s.jp/. Do you know what it is about? cause I don't
>>
>>17038834
I have no idea what that site is.
And yes, I understood completely what you meant by artists. They are out there. Don't necessarily look at their earlier works and judge them right off the bat for having a bunch of touhou remixes, it just reflects what was the most accessible way to get heard was back then and how big the touhou craze was.
Maybe try first looking at non-remix oriented circles (basically doujin record labels) and using them to find artists you like? If you're only focusing on circles dedicated to remixing Touhou/Kancolle, you're probably not going to find anything you find interesting.
>>
>>17038651
>Well, I want to ask: is the doujin scene based on events?
No, it's just a logical way to interact with other creators and fans and buy/sell/distribute products physically.

M3 is like entirely original works.
>>
Doujin means self-published and distributed through independent channels, often events. The distinction you're looking for is derivative doujin work versus original doujin works.

M3 usually is a lion's share of original work and I would have directed you to the catalog but for some reason none of these events ever put their catalog online. Thankfully some Westerners are dedicated enough to compile xfades into central sources:

[M3-39] Music Preview Thread
http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16874
>>
>>17038005
Well with classical music most performers never write anything, they just play the music solo or part of an orchestra, either as is or with their own "interpretation" of it by performing a certain way. ZUN's like Mozart or Vivaldi something, everyone wants to play his stuff. What's wrong with building on something already established really, its how communities form and grow.
>>
>>17038986
Hmm don't sure if the anserts satisfy my question...

>>17039000
woo, seems like a long road

>>17039290
lol nice try
While listening to Mozart, I know that I am listening to Mozart, nobody else, don't care about who perfoms it
lol totally different
Would you like a cover band? -oh no, heh, you thought it was only a cover a band? hell no, dozens of cover bands.
>>
>>17039371
>Hmm don't sure if the anserts satisfy my question...
Then properly explain what you're asking. If you ask if the doujin scene is "based" on events, the answer is no, but they're core to what doujin culture is.

>I know that I am listening to Mozart, nobody else, don't care about who perfoms it
ok so you clearly aren't into classical music
>>
>>17039371
>While listening to Mozart, I know that I am listening to Mozart, nobody else, don't care about who perfoms it
>lol totally different
Don't know what you are trying to say here. You're okay with listening to other people play mozart music but not okay when someone else plays touhou music?

>Would you like a cover band? -oh no, heh, you thought it was only a cover a band? hell no, dozens of cover bands.
Having more choices and variety is a bad thing?
>>
>>17038651
I have no idea why are you listening to Doujin music if you have this kind of approach. Why not, you know, listen to regular music?
>>
>>17038005
Faggot
>>
>americans
>>
>>17038005
You are the worst type of person. You're upset about something you're not even trying to understand.
>>
>>17038119
Ah shit, I found out about NEETs today. So good.
>>
>>17039733
>Then properly explain what you're asking (...)
...based on your response, then there is more activity behind an event... Online releases, for example. Comiket, an event, is where doujin release their own stuff, not surprised; but most doujin activity doesn't happen on events
>you're into classical music
...so what? You are saying it as it were a bad thig, some sort of requirement... So what??

>>17039759
Honestly, I don't know why and how you two are so pissed about the Mozart answer. Seems like you totally failed to get the point.
You go to a classical concert, tell me WHY you go there: is it because you particulary want to listen to the performer or ensamble?? or is it because you just want to listen to the piece you like? Whwn you go to, I don't know, and search for a radom classical music compilation, and you like what you hear: do you ONLY want to know who performs it? don't you want to know who composed it? Because Touhou doujin world is not like at that all. Peole listen to them for meme sake, they don't know who composed it in the first place. They like that one particular group or circle, they don't care about ZUN
TOUHOU IS NOT PART OF THE CLASSICAL WORLD, drop that shitty concept. Be honest, for god's sake.
>but not okay when someone plays Toihou music.
You are being shallow on this

Now, the cover band topic.. If you didn't get the easy reaponse, then I'll go hard.
That was a lolz situation (don't tell you went "ooo this dude hate cover music" ). Think about it for a second , would you?
"x" sells thousand because of the arranged music he makes; where does that leaves the original composer? Say, the Beatles, pretty popular and big, because they are Beatles and people know and praise them like that; now, let's omagine an scenario, a reality when it isn't like that. Beatles are just common dudes, an low kind of group, where they necer made it big. Randomly, hundreds of people begin to play the Beatles song, and suddenly, it becones a whole scheme. Beatles don't matter anymore at all, what matters are the doujin, cover artists.
Can you imagine that for a second? people ignoring the original source, not praising it how they should... It becomes a joke.
(Beatles as an example, don't freaking go ridiculous again "lol a beatlesfag")

...let's just say YOU make a couple of cool and great songs, and susdenly, it gets "vulgarized"... (don't go for "xd ZUN allows it, so case closed")

>>17039818
Just what-? this doesn't make sense

>>17040270
Understand what? most things already said here aren't news thing. Understand what?? Touhou fan-music dissapointed me, what's so much, hard and complex to understand? justifications? psst, and then I'll have to magically change my opinion?
>>
File: 1495062992612.jpg (37KB, 419x424px) Image search: [Google]
1495062992612.jpg
37KB, 419x424px
>>17040626
Nice bait, I almost got angry, but that 'nobody knows ZUN' shitpost gave it away.
>>
>>17038005
>we americans don't have such community.

I somehow doubt that you are actually American. South American, maybe.
>>
>>17040681
...Yep, comfirmed: there are people this dull.
I said "lol a Beatlesfag", but forgot to say "lol nobody knows ZUN-fag"... I should have, apparently.

>>17040707
American is an american, there is nothing off at all. Maybe I should have said "western"? it's the same shit
>>
File: 1471675970044.png (26KB, 419x296px) Image search: [Google]
1471675970044.png
26KB, 419x296px
>>
>>17040626
>but most doujin activity doesn't happen on events
It depends on what you mean by "activity". If you mean "posting miscellaneous fanart" then yes of course that's mostly online, but the vast majority of actual "works" to be distributed and/or sold are done at events. That is their purpose.

>>you're into classical music
>...so what? You are saying it as it were a bad thig, some sort of requirement... So what??
If you say you don't care about who performs the piece the music, you clearly do not actually listen to classical music, because the performer is incredibly important.

I'm not sure how much of this is due to your english not being very good and how much is just your rambling incoherent arguments, but you are really not making a good case for yourself.
>>
>>17038119
Flac fucking when?
>>
>>17038119
Those arrangements with vocalists suck.
>>
File: cff.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65KB, 625x626px
OP is a faggot and all you have fallen for it are also faggots.
>>
>>17045142
Yeah, about the events, precisely, that was my point.

About the classical music thing.
Performers are just performers. I may care, love and enjoy everything about this singer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raf5S1bM8sg, but that doesn't mean "I listen to classical music", not at all.
You CAN care about an artist or performer, but it won't mean a thing about your honest dedication to a genre or style. Caring or not caring about some performer is one's problem; one's tastes is another thing. I'm saying such affirmation is a flawed thing, and that's the point

>you clearly do not actually listen to classical music
...Back then again: "so what??" it didn't answer the question at all. As in, why did you bring it up?.

>rambling incoherent arguments
Now that's awful and dull. I say genuine stuff.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.