[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how was the universe actually created in Touhou? The earth

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Her name is Fujiwara no Mokou.png (503KB, 840x415px) Image search: [Google]
Her name is Fujiwara no Mokou.png
503KB, 840x415px
So how was the universe actually created in Touhou? The earth was created by the gods, but why are they here?
>>
Why are WE here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my page 10 threads...
>>
No, you've got it wrong. Remember, the Touhou universe is ostensibly our universe, so everything we know about natural history is still true. Furthermore, anything to do with gods, youkai, or magic only exists because of the fact that human thoughts and beliefs can affect the world in a tangible way. That phenomenon just isn't visible to us, the readers, because modern society no longer collectively believes in it, basically.

In other words, humans created gods, not the other way around.

One piece missing from that is fairies. They're not based strictly on human belief, but on a more fundamental sort of 'life force' created by billions of years of life-and-death competition among all living things. So they've been around, albeit not in humanoid forms, for a long time before we came along.
>>
>>17015378
I've yet to see it sourced that everything supernatural stems from belief.
>>
>>17016028
Of course not. If you haven't noticed, ZUN rarely provides that kind of information explicitly or directly. Almost all of the worldbuilding in Touhou is done through unreliable narrators who often either don't know what they're talking about, are intentionally vague, or intentionally lie. The result is a collection of more or less questionable facts, some of which are contradictory, and it's up to you as the reader to sort through them, toss out what's obviously wrong, and draw inferences from the rest.

The idea of gods coming before humans just doesn't fit. Again, we know (and actually know, because it's not related to anything supernatural) that the Earth is very old, and that life as we know it arose through competition and natural selection. This also lines up with the CiLR chapter explaining how the Earth became so impure. So if the gods created Earth (not even considering the question of where they came from in the first place), they must have then sat around for billions of years while primitive life fought and died, eventually just so happened to evolve into a form in the gods' image, then turned around and created youkai and other beings that were eerily similar to the gods. Or, maybe the first species with complex enough thoughts to exert enough force of belief on the world brought forth both gods and youkai. It's a much simpler, more elegant, and thus more likely explanation.
>>
How do you entertain yourself for 4.6 billion years?
>>
>>17016281
And it proves nothing.
Eirin is millions of tears old and humanity effectively got reset once before. We don't know much about the past. There are gods who don't shouldn't recieve serious faith in Touhou who walk around just fine, then there's the dragon for example. The dragon is a god without a human image.

Unless we have real world building regatding it, I'd toss "possibly" into these kinds of posts.
>>
There's also the youkai from entirely different dimensions where getting human faith would be completely impossible.
>>
>>17016690
masturbation
>>
This doujin is pretty dank.
>>
>>17016690
Have hatesex with Kaguya.
>>
>>17016690
stop thinking for the mayority of time
>>
>>17016813
>Eirin is millions of tears old
wait, that's wrong isn't it? She's not nearly that old
>>
>>17017557
She's an early Shinto god, anon. She's stupid old.
>>
>>17017518
I do this already, can I be an immortal yet?
>>
>>17016690
Hang out with dinosaurs and shit.
>>
Read Kojiki and find out!
>>
File: hatesex.jpg (73KB, 736x545px) Image search: [Google]
hatesex.jpg
73KB, 736x545px
>>17016690
have LOTS of threesome sex with Eirin and Kaguya.

try out different positions, fetishes, shove magma up your ass and have fun, the world is yours (literally)
>>
Does Mokou have any children? You'd think she'd have made a son or daughter at some point in her many billions of years.
>>
>>17029440
Mokou has beaten the cock anon.
>>
>>17029495
I don't think so.
>>
>>17029440
It's often interpreted that Hourai immortals can't get pregnant because pregnancy is a "bodily change" like disease or poison.
>>
File: 1410946400493.jpg (292KB, 802x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1410946400493.jpg
292KB, 802x1024px
>>17043001
Considering fetuses and their placenta are fucking violent parasites during human pregnancy, I can see why that'd be the case. That being said I'd still try to make a baby with Mokou every night until I die.
>>
>>17018815
Considering humans have only existed for 500,000 years and civilization has only been athing for about 20,000, you are really over estimating her lifespan
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.