[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can other Touhou soundtracks even compete?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: Th10_cover.jpg (572KB, 1470x1444px) Image search: [Google]
Th10_cover.jpg
572KB, 1470x1444px
How can other Touhou soundtracks even compete?
>>
>Paradice
>>
What? MoF had boring as fuck music.
>>
File: SHIT I TOOK THE BAIT.jpg (134KB, 1266x950px) Image search: [Google]
SHIT I TOOK THE BAIT.jpg
134KB, 1266x950px
>>16993470
Go suck a dick faggot
>>
the just can't, anon.
>>
hrtp
>>
i think we can all agree on this:

1. MoF
2. IN
3. SA
4. PCB
5. LoLK
6. EoSD
7. TD
8. UFO
9. DDC
>>
>>16993310
As far as the soundtracks as a whole go, they can't. But individual tracks in the other games sure can, like PCB's stage 4.
>>
>>16993621
Switch IN with MOF and we're good.
>>
>>16993621
Dude your list is upside-down
>>
I always felt Subterranean Animism's was the best despite a weak first stage, but it's mostly down to personal preference. SA has a darker, more mysterious sound reflective of its descent undergound which I prefer to MoF's theme of the wonder of nature, but both are extremely good.
>>
>>16993806
>SA
>weak first stage
Them be fighting words my dude.
>>
>>16993824
It's not bad but compared to Deep Mountain or Romantic Fall it doesn't do a great job of setting the tone for the rest of the game. Stage 2 feels like the real beginning to me.
>>
>>16993621
Move IN down two places and UFO up one and that's my list.
>>
>>16993310
Wrong negro
IN>Eosd>Lolk>MS>SA>PCB>UFO>Pofv>DDC>LLS>MOF>Podd>SoEW>TD>HRtP
>>
>>16993611
This, HRtP is underrated, some really good melodies there.
>>
Four Seasons doesn't have a single good track on it so far. Less offensive than DDC's outright awful tracks, but still boring as hell and a poor followup to LoLK.
>>
>>16993972
The title theme and stage 2 are the best ones so far, but you're right that nothing really stands out yet for better or worse. Curiously the stage 1 theme is really fast-paced again for some reason (not that there's anything wrong with that).
>>
>>16993972
Aunns theme is good tho
>>
>>16993621
>>16993310
Why do you need to star flamewars? Can't you just post your opinion without having to taunt the other's? Are you so insecure of yourself you can't have a normal discussion? We're not on /v/
>>
>>16994014
Play stage 1 paying attention to how enemies in lunatic appear following the music, it's very nice. Kinda like stage 5 in UFO
>>
I'm thoroughly convinced that hating DDC is some sort of meme.

PCB=MoF>LoLK=DDC=UFO=SA>MS=LLS=PoDD>IN=EoSD=PoFV>TD=HRtP=SoEW
>>
>>16993933
>>16994080
Nobody cares about PC-98.
>>
>>16994134
I care!
hrtp is underrated btw kongarra's theme is gorgeous
>>
>>16994134
PC-98>MoF>SA>PCB>IN>UFO>LoLK=EoSD=PoFV>DDC=shit>TD
>>
>people don't like stage 1 of Four Seasons

None of you are alright so please come to /jp/ tomorrow.
>>
>>16994156
Fuck you. TD music is lit. It has its own special atmosphere that goes well with game itself and has that awesome trance beat
>>
>>16994207
stage 2 is better
>>
>>16994215
No.
>>
>>16994207
I started to adore it when I noticed that difficult to hear 8bit synth
Though I have to agree with this gentleman right here >>16994215
>>
Is "Gensokyo That Gods Loved" really the anthem of Gensokyo or is it just a meme?
>>
>>16994242
>just a meme?
This
Real anthem of Gensokyo is Kid's festival
>>
>>16994207
I like it. Reminds me of UFO stage 1. 1>1b>3b>3>2>2b

>>16994213
I still like it but it sounds nothing like Touhou music to me or what I really like about ZUN's style. I know he was experimenting though.
>>
>>16993972
>Four Seasons doesn't have a single good track on it so far.
Literally incorrect.

Title theme, stage 1 theme, stage 1 boss, stage 2 boss. The same amount as the LoLK demo.
>>
>>16993806
It helps that Hartmann's Youkai Girl is ZUN's mangum opera.
>>
Was this thread moved from /v/?
>>
>>16994213
I always get shat on when I say I consider TD to have the best soundtrack. Its uniqueness and atmosphere is what sets it apart to me, much like the earlier PC-98 soundtracks. People always point to the intense boss songs of EoSD and PCB when they say Touhou has good music, and while I like those too, I find ZUN's laxed and experimental compositions to be more enticing and demonstrative of Gensokyo's motifs of dreams and fantasy.
>>
>>16993972
DDC demo had 3 good tracks
LoLK demo had 4 good tracks
HSIFS demo has 5 good tracks
>>
>>16993310
Bring back this quality.
Actually, bring back Seihou era godlike quality.
Make Touhou music great again.

serious question: what really happened with TD and the later works? I mean, ZUN, how does he makes these osts? different hardware or some shit like that?
>>
>>16993310
That's not UFO.
>>
I liked the melodies in MoF but the instrumentation just felt off. The piano melody in Faith is For The Transient People is good, but the melody is marred by the rock in the background.
>>
>>16993972
Bad bait
>>
>>17001072
Am I like the only person who loved the TD soundtrack?
When you unify the regular and trance mode versions of the songs they sound better.
>>
PCB is better
>>
>>17001072
As a whole I agree that TD is kind of meh but it had my favorite first stage theme and True Administrator is my favorite overall theme in the entire series
>>
>>16995375
it must have been. way too much shitty stock phrases used like this >>16993621 Not to mention soundtrack arguments are just filled with dumb posts.

personally i think MOF is mid tier. it's ok but not the best. I prefer IN SA PCB HRTP and EoSD
>>
In my opinion it's LOLK>MOF=PCB>UFO=SA>IN=DDC=TD>EOSD

They're all good though, even EOSD has a couple tracks I really like.
>>
>>17001631
My list is relative similar, at least of the games you included. Personally, I don't get why people say EoSD has such stellar music outside of the title screen, Chinese Tea, and Septette (Stage 5 is also amazing but nobody ever talks about it). I thought everything else was either generic, okay but paled in comparison to his earlier works, or even flat out bad at times.

>>17001444
Nah, I loved it too. Dual mixing the songs really bring out how beautiful it is, but I still love the songs on their own. I've seen people in other threads say they love the soundtrack too, but I've yet to see people that enjoy the gameplay.

>>17001629
I've seen quite a few soundtrack threads in which people actually explain why they like the songs they do instead of shitflinging, and those are pretty nice. Threads like these that have OPs with a loaded premise tend to get more replies though
>>
>>17001174
Aside from Byakuren's boss theme, was there anything really noteworthy about UFO?
>>
>>17007732
Everything, but most notably stage 5 theme.
>>
pcb>ufo>mof>sa>ms>soew>in>td>lls>eosd>lolk>hrtp>ddc>>>hsifs
>>
File: C-qAuwfUMAIsrl1.jpg (54KB, 700x590px) Image search: [Google]
C-qAuwfUMAIsrl1.jpg
54KB, 700x590px
- Welcome to the Youkai Temple
- Let's Live in a Lovely Cemetery
- Rigid Paradise
- Desire Drive
- Futatsuiwa from Sado

All these tracks are excellent. Futo's theme is reminiscent of Titanic Played Badly on a Flute and True Administrator is dreary midi guitar garbage not fitting of a final boss but otherwise TD has some of the best tracks in the series.
>>
>>17007732
Provincial Makai City Esoteria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvQX04YzjVE
>>
>>17007732
Nazrin's, Nue's, Minamitsu's stage, Credits rolls >>>>>> Byakuren, godlike final stage. There is first stage and Shou's theme too.
UFO tracks entertained me so much. It's really something
>>
>>16994142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g91HjLQ4Q4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiN9rqnxw20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vtd_uyO1uY
HRtP is underrated as fuck desu
>>
>>16994134
Fuck you, PoDD a best
>>
UFO
LLS
MOF
MS
EOSD
IN
TD
PCB
HRTP
>>
File: fug.gif (475KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
fug.gif
475KB, 480x270px
Why are all the new TH16 demo OST so shit?
>>
>>17009581
Why do you have such bad taste?
>>
>>17009581
Zun ran out of music ideas after TD
>>
>>17009581
The stage music are quite great, the bosses aren't anything extraordinary but still in the usual Touhou quality. No idea why everyone is so mad about the new demo.
>>
>>17011184
>No idea why everyone is so mad about the new demo.
It's the same old "latest anything SUCKS" that happens every time a new 2hu game is released.
>>
Title: DDC
Stage 1: UFO/HSiFS
Boss 1: LoLK
Stage 2: PCB
Boss 2: SA
Stage 3: DDC
Boss 3: MoF
Stage 4: UFO
Boss 4: IN (Reimu)
Stage 5: LoLK
Boss 5: TD
Stage 6: PCB
Boss 6: IN (Eirin)
Stage Ex: SA
Boss Ex: MoF
Ending: LoLK
Staff Roll: EoSD

Didn't count PC98 for this, but Swordsman from a Distant Star is hidden god tier
>>
IN and PCB will always be my top 2, even though there are some amazing themes from other games like Nuclear Fusion that I really like.
>>
There isn't a single track in the series that I don't like except for DDC stage 1 and boss 1, and those would probably be good with better instrumentation and volume control.
>>
Is the "pretending IN isn't at least top 3" some meme I have missed? There is no way there are this many tone-deaf people on /jp/.
>>
>>17011289
I listed top 3s because I had a hard time deciding for a lot of these.
Title: MS, HSiFS, EoSD
S1: TD, UFO, MS
B1: MoF, HSiFS, UFO
S2: MS, SoEW, DDC
B2: DDC, SA, LoLK
S3: MS, EoSD, PCB
B3: MS, MoF, TD
S4: LLS, TD, MoF
B4: TD, SA, LLS Marisa
S5: TD, DDC, UFO
B5: MS, TD, DDC
S6: LoLK, PCB, LLS
B6: DDC, MS, IN Eirin
Ex: MS, SA, LoLK
Ex Boss: IN, PCB, TD

>>17011498
I feel the same way but also for EoSD's. The MIDI versions (when played through the proper synth) do a decent job at illustrating your point, though.
>>
>"lol i like each one of the 500+ songs of the franchise xd look at me"
>>
>>17011573
It's pretty hard to make music sound unenjoyable if you're not intentionally doing it, you know.
>>
>>17011289
Title: EoSD
S1: SA or IN
B1: TD
S2: LoLK
B2: HSiFS or DDC
S3: IN
B3: UFO
S4: TD
B4: TD
S5: LoLK
B5: UFO, DDC or MoF
S6: TD or PCB
B6: DDC
S7: SA
B7: LoLK
>>
>>17011289
Title: IN
Stage 1: SoEW
Boss 1: SA
Stage 2: TD
Boss 2: EoSD
Stage 3: MS
Boss 3: PCB
Stage 4: LLS/MoF
Boss 4: PCB
Stage 5: DDC
Boss 5: TD
Stage 6: PCB/LoLK
Boss 6: MS/UFO/DDC
Stage Ex: MS
Boss Ex: MS/SA
Stage Ph: PCB
Boss Ph: PCB
Ending: SSG
Staff Roll: SoEW/EoSD
>>
>>17011609
>Stage Ph: PCB
>Boss Ph: PCB
You havin a giggle?
>>
File: 1491005853123.png (1MB, 1212x877px) Image search: [Google]
1491005853123.png
1MB, 1212x877px
>>17011737
Yes
>>
>>17011737
>>17011766
Lmao
>>
First is favorite, second is runner-up.
Won't list PC98 because I haven't listened to some of its tracks (LLS in particular), but HRtP, SoEW and PoDD are all great.
Title: IN/SA
Stage 1: SA/EoSD
Boss 1: LoLK/DDC
Stage 2: SA/PCB
Boss 2: SA/LoLK
Stage 3: EoSD/SA
Boss 3: EoSD/LoLK
Stage 4: TD/EoSD
Boss 4: SA/TD
Stage 5: EoSD/LoLK
Boss 5: EoSD/DDC
Stage 6: UFO/MoF (LoLK would be here, but it loses points for not being an original track)
Boss 6: MoF or UFO (can't decide)
Ending: PoFV/MoF
Staff Roll: EoSD/PCB
EX Stage: SA/PCB Phantasm (if it doesn't count, LoLK then)
EX Boss: SA/IN
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.