[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese Arcades

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1404994605175.jpg (399KB, 1024x1829px) Image search: [Google]
1404994605175.jpg
399KB, 1024x1829px
Does /jp/ like arcades? have you ever been into one of these in Japan? which games you like the most? can be from anything: rhythm, fighting, racing, shmup.

Pic related is from Anata No Warehouse.
>>
There was a good arcade in my city that closed down last year. It was quite a shame, they had a variety of rhythm games (IIDX, Jubeat, Taiko, Gitadora), fighting games (SF2, newer Tekkens) and an assortment of old games such as Metal Slug as well as HotD and similar. The worst part is that, I believe the rhythm cabinets in particular, will not be appreciated properly when they have been sold off. I knew of 3 people who played IIDX regularly, myself and another person were from sows and the third guy moved overseas a few years ago. Pretty crushing.

Anyway I enjoyed the arcades I visited in Japan but in retrospect I felt uncomfortable as if I was being watched or as if I was hogging the machine despite only playing one round. The staff were friendly though and they're clean and enjoyable to be in.
>>
File: 1343298711123.jpg (14KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
1343298711123.jpg
14KB, 246x246px
I would give anything to race against someone in Daytona USA again, they don't exist anymore where I live.
>>
I vised a round one in Ikebukuro and all I did was play rhythm games (pop'n, SDVX etc.) and the crane games(got alot of 2hu). I didn't try anything else because its all nip speak.
>>
Fuck the crane games but I want the figures.
>>
>>16992775

>they're clean and enjoyable to be in

Yeah right dude. After a couple hours my lungs wanted to die from all the second hand smoke I had inhaled.
>>
>>16993229
Near Sunshine city underground entrance?
>>
https://youtu.be/0eRLcZ_ZYpo
>>
File: DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (148KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
148KB, 1000x750px
>>16992841
Still one of my favourites of all time.

>>16993229
Never got anything from crane games but if they have 2hus on it I would definitely try.
>>
chunithm was insanely addictive
one of the things i miss the most from japan is coming home from college and stopping by the local game center to play a few rounds and watch the really good players as well
>>
>>16993960
Heavily depends on the arcade and the games you play. The rhythm game areas in many places is relatively clear, but yeah if you play fighters/Gundam/card games, etc. you might want a gas mask.
>>
>>16992775
> as if I was being watched

Most players in Japan are anti-social as hell and barely even look at other players unless for reference. Maybe if you were insanely amazing at whatever game, they were watching you, otherwise no, they were not.
>>
File: A717oWj.png (1019KB, 496x887px) Image search: [Google]
A717oWj.png
1019KB, 496x887px
>>16994787
I agree, Chunithm is a ton of fun.

I really enjoyed playing fighting games at A-Cho in Kyoto, BIG-ONE in Saitama, and HEY in Akiba. The chain arcades feel dull in comparison but they are still best for rhythm games.
>>
>>16995109
Yeah, the big chains basically all have the exact same titles it feels like. I'm a rhythm game fan so the certainty is good for me in many cases, but I also like to duck into the independent places to see what unique/retro titles they're still running.

Mikado in Takadanobaba is great in that respect. As are the top floors of the TRY tower in Akihabara. Lots of titles that don't get much representation anywhere else in those places.
>>
>>16995075
The opposite. I felt like I was hogging the cabinet by playing at the lower levels of difficulty.
>>16993960
Not on the pachinko floor.
>>
Arcades are massivly addictive.

I spend sometimes entire days in Akiba just walking from Arcade to Arcade playing UFO Catchers machines, Racing games, Light gun games and rythm games.

I would really love to work in such a gamestation myself, I wonder if that would be possible for a foreigner with good japanese knowledge. The payment is probably minimum wage but it would be so much fucking fun.
And you would work together with the female stuff.
>>
>>16994266
Just how fat was the mouth-breather behind this video?
>>
IGN went to Warehouse and made a video about the hardest games they found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAP0qBgg-ks
>>
>>16992743
I've only been to one of the Taito stations in tokyo briefly and it looked pretty intense. Wish I had more time to actually sit down and enjoy it
>>
Played lots of chunithm when I went on vacation
>>
I pretty much play only rhythm games, but I just love the aesthetic of arcades so much

Can't afford to go to Japan yet, but checking out Japanese arcades is gonna be a top priority when I finally get to go
>>
File: 6303413.png (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
6303413.png
1MB, 800x600px
>>16995213
>I felt like I was hogging the cabinet by playing at the lower levels of difficulty.

Well, they would just assume you were a tourist or just not an expert on the games, atleast you got to try them.

>>17001834
I can't afford to travel right now either but if I do in the future I would definitely check out atleast one of these. There is only two arcades functioning right now in my city, they are not that great but it's better than nothing.

Thanks for sharing your experiences so far anons.
>>
I bloody hate arcades. Every time I go to Japan my kid cousin always wants to bring me to the arcade. I smile and put up a front but inside I despise the loud noises and flashing lights.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.