[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have the sprites and portraits from the HFiFS demo been ripped yet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10

File: 1449528658505.gif (7KB, 31x61px) Image search: [Google]
1449528658505.gif
7KB, 31x61px
Have the sprites and portraits from the HFiFS demo been ripped yet?
>>
>>16992442
Try asking the thcrap guys, since they already opened the game to patch it
>>
>>16992936
Please they just are script kiddies. They don't know how things work.
>>
>>16993002
They literally made a live stream yesterday
>>
File: title_pl02b.png (294KB, 488x694px) Image search: [Google]
title_pl02b.png
294KB, 488x694px
>>16992442
Just use thtk; set it to TH14 mode and it works with 15 and 16 as well.

Speaking of, I made a giant organized pack of all the graphical resources a while ago, and I'll update it when the full version is released.
>>
>>16993271
Oh, I remember your thread. You even managed to get all the PC98 stuff in there, didn't you?
That pack was fantastic, it's great to see that you're still interested in expanding it.
And I'll give thtk a try, thanks.
>>
File: paw dance.webm (293KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
paw dance.webm
293KB, 240x228px
don't think so
>>
File: aunn_dance.gif (6KB, 64x96px) Image search: [Google]
aunn_dance.gif
6KB, 64x96px
>>
>>16994533
>>16994693
Why did ZUN make Aunn so cute?
>>
File: enm3.gif (14KB, 65x100px) Image search: [Google]
enm3.gif
14KB, 65x100px
>>16993271
>>16994364
Well, I got what I needed extracted, though I never realized that you had to go through and extract each .anm. Really makes me appreciate how much time that must have taken you.
If anyone is interested, I could go ahead and upload the boss and player sprites/portraits on mega.

>>16994693
Come on, anon, you know that .gif supports transparency.
>>
File: enm3.gif (14KB, 65x100px) Image search: [Google]
enm3.gif
14KB, 65x100px
>>16996228
Whoops, I had meant to post this slower version.
>>
File: enm3Lily.gif (7KB, 67x65px) Image search: [Google]
enm3Lily.gif
7KB, 67x65px
>>16996254
>>
File: 1456429741920thumbsup.jpg (7KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456429741920thumbsup.jpg
7KB, 234x250px
>>16996262
God damn that's some nice animation
>>
File: enm2.gif (8KB, 59x96px) Image search: [Google]
enm2.gif
8KB, 59x96px
>>16996370
I just kind of wish her would of animated the dress a bit too, but what can you do?
>>
File: rin.gif (8KB, 63x105px) Image search: [Google]
rin.gif
8KB, 63x105px
>>16996228

>>16993271
Thanks, was able to extract the player portraits
>>
>>16996228
Nah, you can just use a batch file to extract them all in one go. (Although you have to be careful, because in this case the "pl##.anm" will be partially overwritten by "pl##sub.anm" if you extract both.) Then for simple stitching where the images can tile, you can drag-and-drop them onto a batch file and have ImageMagick do it. Most of the work for the Windows stuff came from hand-stitching the sprite sheets that can't simply be tiled together without wasting a ton of space, and then reorganizing and renaming everything to be more easily searchable, though of course renaming can also be sped up with batch files. The real bulk of the work that went into that pack was extracting the PC98 stuff, but I could write a whole essay on that and still nobody would find it interesting.

>you know that .gif supports transparency
The original sprite has a full alpha channel, or multiple levels of transparency around the edge. In contrast, GIF only supports binary transparency, all-or-nothing, and so anything that was partially transparent in the original gets "matted" against a background color. This leads to jaggedness and discoloration around the edges, unless the matte color matches the background you display the image against. It's just a limitation of the GIF format that you can't have good, portable transparency. Unfortunately, even to this day, there is no widely-supported video format that supports full RGBA color. So, I prefer to just pick a background color, and then at least the sprite looks correct all the way around.
>>
>>16997654
Ah, that would explain why the gifs I make always look slightly off.
Still, I personally prefer jagged edges if it means you can have transparency, especially since I only really use these gifs on 4chan anyway, though I'm sure I could find a way to make them look better if I were to go into my image editing software and messed around with it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.