[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light Novels

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Raito Noveru.jpg (17KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
Raito Noveru.jpg
17KB, 220x165px
Have any anons written their own light novels? If so, how did you go about doing it?
>>
No, but if i did I'd use a script to generate a book for me
>>
>>16990852
Fair enough.
>>
File: 1480083793568.png (513KB, 1426x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1480083793568.png
513KB, 1426x1068px
I've gotten chapter one done, which can barely be considered a chapter. I've got all my character's backstories written out, but I can't write for shit so I've been stuck on this wimpy 1st chapter.
>>
>>16990984
How did you develop your characters? Do you also have an outline for the overall plot, or do you plan to make it up as you go?
>>
>>16991129
I have a really, really linear outline. I'm not quite sure how I want to develop the plot and which scenes should go in each order. I would post the first chapter, but my self esteem is too low for that.
>>
>>16991434
Gotcha. What's the plot about, if you don't mind my asking?
>>
I wrote a bunch of 2hu fanfiction. Does that count?

But seriously, what the hell differentiates a "light" novel from a skimpily worded regular novel?
>>
>>16990984
Your first draft doesn't have to be good. Just write it, then go back and edit it later.
>>
>>16991542
I suppose it could count. Honestly, I have no idea what differentiates a light novel from any other sort of novel.

The whole point of this thread was to see how others have written a light novel because I'm interested in writing one myself, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it.
>>
>>16991557
I've been writing for about 10 years now. I don't "go about" my stuff anymore, I just kick it from my head. You know what I'm saying? I can do that. No disrespect, but that's how I am.

But oblique references to electronic music aside, my advice is, and has always been: read stuff, see what strikes you as "working," steal it or imitate it. Phrasing, word choice, alternatives to "he said," pacing of action, even things like rhythm and cadence. Rinse and repeat, repeat, repeat, until you develop your own style.
>>
>>16991585
Alright. Thanks man. Maybe I'll post some of my stuff after I pound it out.
>>
>>16990564
I've written 3 actual novels
>>
>>16991632
How did you go about getting them published?
Are you somewhat
>>
>>16991632
How big are the novels and about how long did it take to write them?
>>
>>16991652
*famous
>>
>>16991652
>>16991654
I threw one in the trash, self published the second, and I finished the third in January, it is currently unpublished

It took one year to write the first, 5 years to write the second, 7 years to write the third.

There are 3 basic methods to publish:

1. Self publish, this is gaining popularity, the hope is that you self publish then try and find a company that's interested in marketing it for you, my cousin succeeded at that and earned a $100,000 check from a company at 17 years old (she published a non fiction account of something that happened to her when she was 14). She wrote and published her own version at 15 then a company picked it up when she was 16, she finished all their edits and rewrites at 17 and became a New York Times bestseller ... dammit

I was too lazy with my 2nd novel. It ended up being forgotten and ignored. I'm just no good at self marketing.

2. Find an agent. Send your book to agents until one decides you're worth bothering with. If they're interested they'll help with edits. They take a percentage of the money you earn when you publish.

3. Send your book to publication companies. Most companies tell you how to send books to them. Some are stricter than others. That's what I'm going through now, it can take months to years and many rejections but that's expected. It's losing popularity to self publishing.

You might be better served here:
>>>/lit/
>>
>>16991654
Oh, you asked how big, my first novel was about 60,000 words. I wrote it in Highschool. My second was 125,000 words. My third is 165,000 words
>>
>>16991744
>>16991746
Thanks for the info. I'll try perusing /lit/ too.
>>
>>16991744
I've got an unusual question. How does getting published feel? I'm asking since I've approximately a few novels' worth of .docs on my hard drive I've tacked together over the years, but I could never marshal a care to go about publishing anything. Some I've shared online, some have been merely private escapism. I just don't "feel" the point of publishing, somehow.

Mind you, I've been convinced (by others, as well as myself) that I'm good at what I do, so it's not that oh-so-pervasive issue of confidence wot afflicts most amateur writers.
>>
Why write a light novel instead of a visual novel? Is it really that much fun to be poor?
>>
>>16991883
It's more for fun than for money.
>>
File: 1493860911810.jpg (35KB, 445x604px) Image search: [Google]
1493860911810.jpg
35KB, 445x604px
>>16990564
>mrw I haven't updated the /jp/nese version of my light novel since last year
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n6701cx/
>>
This book this book this book this book this book this book this book this book this book this book this book this book this book this book this book fucking sucks.
>>
>>16992186
Go back to /v/.
>>
>>16992186
who the hell are you qouting????
>>
>>16991434
create an alternative social media account, use a pen name. Even if you just put it on wattpad you can be anonymous and hopefully get the feedback you need to boost confidence. Whether you're bad or good always take critiquing as a chance to get better

for most people out there, this
>>16991543

Just have to write it. Check out a book called Mile High Word Count
>>
>>16991772
don't do that
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.