[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Near Future" in Touhou

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: touhou future.png (4MB, 1103x923px) Image search: [Google]
touhou future.png
4MB, 1103x923px
Travel from kyoto to tokyo in 53 minutes.
Modern bullet trains take 2 hours to do that.

TORFIUNE doesn't exist (yet), but also exists to experiment for the terraforming of the planet (for what purpose?)

Mount Fuji must've been dormant for 10,000 years since 1700 or the definition changed

Humans have colonized the moon.

The moon is closer to the Earth then it's supposed to be.

How far in the fucking future are these guys?
>>
File: hifuutimeline.png (146KB, 840x924px) Image search: [Google]
hifuutimeline.png
146KB, 840x924px
>>
>Humans have colonized the moon.
I presume the visible moon and not the enclosed one was colonized, right?

>The moon is closer to the Earth
All the possible implications.
>>
>>16983305
>All the possible implications.
I'm extremely skeptical that we could move the moon in the 2100s like hypothesized here >>16983268
because that would require a billion times the energy that humanity has ever produced, you'd need free energy and do it very carefully not to fuck with the tides and crash it into the Earth.
>>
>>16983313
>we could move the moon
>not to fuck with the tides
The first thing I thought was the Moon's being brought closer as the Lunarian last effort to attack humanity. But it failed and that's why the story is still being told.
That would also be the reason on why humans could colonize it without major problems.
>>
>>16983355
I don't see why they would need to move it closer. They attacked just fine in LoLK
But since the Earth (at worst) sustained some damage (Torifune) it's possible but not probable.
>>
File: tumblr_omdfhtNLSa1usrgjso2_540.gif (2MB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omdfhtNLSa1usrgjso2_540.gif
2MB, 540x303px
Is the dataDyne company still doing business in this world's future? Asking for a fiend.
>pic related
>>
fucked timeline indeed
>>
>>16983225

They just barely started moon travels. It's far from being colonized.
>>
>>16983355

Why would they attack by throwing their home at Earth? They have much better ways of doing that.

And I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that landing on the dark side is forbidden. That would obviously be because of Lunarians.
>>
>>16983225

>Humans have colonized the moon.

They already did that thousands of years ago via the Lunarians. The Lunarians themselves are nowhere to be found because they probably did something stupid that attracted impurity.
>>
>>16983355

So, the Lunarians attempted to declare war on everyone and got themselves destroyed? For what purpose would they do that?
>>
>>16987339

They didn't. It's pure fanon bullcrap.
>>
>>16983225
>or the definition changed
They may have acquired the technology to determine whether or not it has an active lava supply and is a geological hotspot. Before, we could only measure this based whether or not it erupted in the past 10k years.
>>
>>16987857
Which is a big maybe.
Then there's the fucking moon thing that makes no sense.
>>
>>16987109
Have you gathered enough life force and extra neurons to consider you're sacrificing a treasure chest of soul edge fragments for a paper lunch bag filled with cardboard pogs by refusing to rescue a framed motherfucker? Or have you just plain given up and gone crystal city apocalypse justice FRUIT PIES crazy and decided my misery makes aaaaaaaanything better?
>what the fuck am I space sorcerer decrying and scrying
>Burger King bought Popeyes recently
That's you, you're doing that.
>>
I believe that it takes place around 140~ years in the future. Someone figured it out by taking the astronomy mentioned in the stories and matching it with when the stuff will happen in real life.

Also, the moon hasn't been colonized yet, but commercial vacations to the moon have become popular. I have no idea about the status of the moon as far as terraforming goes, because it's implied that Maribel and Renko go there at the end of MA and I assume that they're able to freely breathe. I don't know if that's because the moon has been given a livable atmosphere, boundary magic, or if they went to the Gensokyo moon instead.

Most of the stuff is just speculation in the CDs, which I think is exactly how it should be. It adds more mystery and room for thinking and coming up with creative ideas that could explain things.
>>
>>16983225
>>16983313
>>16983355
>>16987865
The 28万キロ number is an error. Whether he made a typo twice or forgot, that number should be 38万キロ (380,000 km). If this wasn't already believable on its own, in Trojan Green Asteroid it's said that Torifune was made to end up at a Lagrangian point of the Earth and the Moon. Objects at the L4 and L5 Lagrangian points are called trojans, hence "Trojan" Green Asteroid, as is also noted in the story. When they travel to Torifune, it notes that they are 380,000km away from the Earth. The L4 and L5 points are the same distance from the other two bodies, so the Moon is then also 380,000km away.

>>16988014
>I assume that they're able to freely breathe. I don't know if that's because the moon has been given a livable atmosphere, boundary magic, or if they went to the Gensokyo moon instead
They had gone to the fantastical version of the Moon, which seems to be perfectly fine to breathe in given parts of Bougetsushou and LoLK also take place there.
>>
Also,
>>16983225
>>16987857
>Mount Fuji must've been dormant for 10,000 years since 1700 or the definition changed
Part of the story is that due to fears of tunneling under Mt. Fuji, they instead redirected the route to go underneath Aokigahara. They didn't make this information public in order for people to not get paranoid about being under that forest. They then relabeled Mt Fuji from being dormant to extinct as a cover-up so that publicly they could say that tunneling under Fuji was ok. This is why Mary starts that section by saying that she feels a bit heavy-headed and that the space feels wrong, and then calms down when Renko says they're under Fuji, because she's heard that Fuji has a connection to the Netherworld under it. Meanwhile the connection to the Netherworld is due to Aokigahara itself, which is where they actually are.
>>
>>16983395
>>16987320
>>16987339
Please read "last effort". I thinking about the Lunarian way to assure than if they couldn't win the war, nobody will survive to tell so.
But as >>16988642 explains, it was just a typo.
>>
>>16983268
130 year old ban to what?
Sorry I haven't been following the manga for the last few months
>>
>>16989139
That's from when Kasen opened the barrier in ULiL to send Marisa to mess up whoever is messing with it from the outside. The Great Hakurei Barrier was erected in 1885 (aka 130 years before that game).
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.