[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immortal Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

Can a dragon kill an immortal such as Kaguya and the others?
>>
No. Nothing can.
>>
>>16946750
Nothing can kill a Hourai immortal. Even if you travel back in time to before they drank the elixir, then disintegrate every molecule in their body, they'll still be alive. And that's because the Hourai elixir makes them an eternal and immutable aspect of the universe, like time itself.

The only thing I could ever imagine killing a Hourai immortal would be a total breakdown of the universe and the laws of physics (like a big crunch) but knowing Touhou, they'd probably survive that as well.
>>
Hourai elixir is super permanent, no backsies!
>>
>>16946785
Then can't a strong enough reality warper change the basic laws of the universe so that the Hourai immortals simply don't exist?
>>
>>16946750

No. In fact, people are looking at "killing" Kaguya the wrong way. Think of her less as a living being and more like something as a ghost or spirit. How do you kill a ghost? You don't, they're already dead, to get rid of them, you banish them. You're supposed to banish Kaguya like the Lunarians did.
>>
>>16946912
That's right, we're going to build a paradise. And stinky NEETs like Kags aren't allowed!
>>
>>16946904
Maybe, but drastically redefining the laws of the universe would probably destroy it in the process, and I don't think there's anyone that powerful in the Touhou universe anyway. Besides, the immortality that the Hourai elixir grants is stated to be absolute: Even the end of the universe or changes in the laws of physics probably wouldn't negate it.
>>
>>16946785
> Even if you travel back in time to before they drank the elixir
Can I steal the elixir and drink it instead then, and keep going back and stealing it infinite times until I have enough to feed it to everyone living in the present?
>>
>>16946920
It can't be a paradise for me if Kaguya isn't there
>>
>>16946912
Why banish what I can have crazy wall banging sex for eternity with?
>>
Yukari can manipulate the border between mortality and immortality.

gg no re
>>
>>16949682
Given that Yuyuko's "instant death" power, which is normally absolute, has no effect on Hourai immortals, I doubt Yukari's power would do anything either.

If there was any easy way for a Hourai immortal to die, Mokou would have killed herself by now.
>>
>>16950385
Yuyuko's power is dependent on separating the soul from the body. It's not that sophisticated. Hourai immortals have "golden souls" that can't be touched by Yuyuko, nothing more. Her power is not all that, well, powerful.
>>
>>16950385
Can Yukari do such a thing as manipulating the boundary between mortality and immortality? Making immortal characters mortal, even for one second, long enough to kill them.
>>
>>16950626
Oh I'm retarded, >>16950385 was already answering someone who said the same thing.

Still, the question remains open.

>If there was any easy way for a Hourai immortal to die, Mokou would have killed herself by now.
The idea is that there might be, but she either has no idea that it exists, or it's simply far out of her reach.

Yukari is not exactly social or talkative. Even if Mokou thought that Yukari might be able to do it, good luck finding Yukari, and good luck convincing her to do anything.
>>
>>16946750
Yukari could remove the border between mortality and immortality and kill them.
>>
>>16950872
Yukari's ability is extremely broad and powerful, but it does have its limits, like having to manipulate the boundary between truth and lies just to reach the true moon in SSiB, or taking multiple gaps to reach Heaven in SWR. I'd imagine that being unable to remove Hourai immortality is another limit, even if she could probably remove "normal" immortality possessed by fairies for example.
>>
Yukari is the strongest Touhou so she could.
>>
>>16950980
*Hecatia
Ftfy
>>
>>16950872
>>16950626
They can die, they just don't stay dead. Even assuming their hair can't be cut and doesn't grow might be a little far. They're just protected from aging, illness, and death, and heal fairly quickly. You can probably scar them up unless you destroy their body.

Honestly, some sort of ocmbination of Sakuya's time manipulation and Kaguya's eternity manipulation could probably create something that could continuously kill them at all points in time forever, although it'd just be dying really quickly rather than being dead, but they wouldn't be aware. There doesn't seem to be any reason they couldn't become unconscious indefinitely either.

>>16950706
Yukari already had a chance to try killing her in IN.
>>
>>16950385
I thought yuyuko couldn't kill those who had divine protection. Am I missing something?
>>
>>16946750
>Kill an immortal

No. Thats the point.
>>
>>16949682
If i'm reading the entry on the hourai elixir right, even yukari's manipulation is useless against the elixir. Rather, the elixir is specifically proofed against manipulation, in every sense.
>>
>>16967001
Dragons can kill immortals.
>>
>>16946912
This would be a nice allegory outside of Touhou, but in Gensokyo ghosts are extremely killable.
>>
>>16968163
Not hourai elixir ones.
It's been said already the process is absolutely irreversible, grantis thus the true immortality. Also being more of a curse because of that.
>>
>>16968163
Not true immortals who have drank the Hourai Elixer.
>>
>>16968322
>>16968325
Yeah that was the question about since they are Houraijins. Thanks everyone for answering.
>>
>>16946785
There is a very interesting doujin about that, look it up.
>>
>>16968837
Very interesting indeed. It's one of my favorites.
>>
File: 1489958476745.jpg (95KB, 339x455px) Image search: [Google]
1489958476745.jpg
95KB, 339x455px
>>16968837
>>16946785
https://e-hentai.org/s/86141fc068/836061-1
https://e-hentai.org/s/ff3ad7c7f5/1022116-1
For those who don't know about it, good shit.
>>
>>16946785
Vacuum decay could.
>>
>>16968837
>>16969397
I love that one, it manages to give you feels.
>>
>>16969397
>that Resistance theory
>This explains why a human girl Mokou could become strong enough to wield flames
Oh god, so she tried to kill herself by jumping into a volcano, didn't she? I'm already feeling it and I'm not even a quater into it.
>>
You can't kill an immortal, but there's nothing that says they can't stop existing. Non-existence isn't death. Or life. Or anything.
>>
>>16974428
The Houraijins are immovable, immutable, and permanent fixtures in the universe. Non-existance would require removing them from existence, which is impossible.
>>
>>16969397
I had never read that second part.
This is just perfect. I could feel the hype with every new page.
>>
>>16969397
Knew this was the Immortal Who Saw the End before even clicking. Very nice doujin, the first part is a really cool look into Mokou and Kaguya's relationship and the second, while a bit more zany, is interesting enough involving powers like Remilia's.
>>
>>16950974
>even if she could probably remove "normal" immortality possessed by fairies for example
Fairies are immortal in the sense that they keep popping back up because the nature that they embody keeps existing, not as much because the individual fairies can't "die".
>>
>>16950626
From Magical Astronomy:
>Immortality doesn't mean absence of death, it means the boundary between life and death disappears, and you are in a state neither alive nor dead.
>Just as if you were in the living world and the Netherworld at the same time, a Necrofantasia.
It would be logical to think that someone with power over boundaries can bestow or remove immortality at will.
>>
>>16974446
>in the universe
As long as the universe exists.

>removing them from existence, which is impossible.
There's nothing that says that's impossible either. The only stipulations are they can't age, get sick, or die.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.