[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell us your story about your first 1CC in a Touhou game.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: 5343435.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5343435.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
Tell us your story about your first 1CC in a Touhou game.
>>
PCB on normal mode.
Was a little bit challenging.
>>
It was the first time I was able to beat Youmu. I got into a zone and pretty much effortlessly finished the next stage and Yuyuko.
>>
>>16946587
Lotus Land Story.
It forced me to 1CC to get to stage 6 so I did.
>>
It was PoDD. I had no idea what I was doing - I just stopped paying attention to the other screen and focused on staying alive, jabbing at the bomb key every now and then. I still have no idea what happened.

Alternately, EoSD. I got lucky on stage 5 at least twice, and ended up with enough bombs to power through the last of Remi's spell cards, even the fine one that I'd never seen before. The bullets passed over me and through me, and when they were gone, I remained.
>>
It's a pretty boring story.
>>
File: yuyuko_dance.gif (282KB, 441x600px) Image search: [Google]
yuyuko_dance.gif
282KB, 441x600px
My first normal 1cc was like 2 weeks ago in PCB. At some point I felt discouraged and thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but then I realized that I would never do it if I didn't fix some bad habits first.

So I stopped playing on Easy mode and began using practice mode more often or watching replays to correct my mistakes.

Then suddenly I got to Yuyuko's last spellcard with like 4 lifes left, got really nervous when I realized this could finally be it, plus the final spell theme is awesome and the hype began growing with each second. It made me so happy that afterwards I tried to get it on IN and MoF and so I did.

I know those are considered the easiest and I still suck at danmaku, knew about Touhou for like 7 years but never got to trying it till this year, I wish I did earlier...
>>
>>16946587
Sure.
It was a period of time when I was still not sure how much time I actually wanted to dedicate to the series. I had started playing two months prior, and had been playing on and off, but while I enjoyed the characters and setting (even finding the girl who would eventually become my waifu), I still didn't really have the motivation to 1cc a game.
Then, while browsing youtube for Touhou music, I happened upon a song that I hadn't heard yet. "Reach the Moon, Immortal Smoke", after listening to it for a minute I knew that I had to listen to it within its original context.
I 1cc'd IN on normal the next day, and managed to reach Mokou that night, somehow.
Death of an Honest Man completely destroyed me, but it was fun none the less.
>>
>>16946587

It was a labor of rage and cheap ale. After angrilly resetting PBC over the course of a week I suddently got into the groove and focused more on dodging than attacking. At the end of it, I was staring at the ending screen not knowing what the fuck I was reading.
>>
>>16946587
I've never finished a 1CC in any game.
>>
>>16947191
That's okay. These games can be really difficult.
>>
File: close.png (400KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
close.png
400KB, 640x480px
I remember the first time I got close to a 1cc. My actual first 1cc was on MoF but it wasn't as exciting.
>>
File: Yuuka pocky commercial.webm (2MB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuka pocky commercial.webm
2MB, 430x242px
I was feeling down at the time and i heard some songs from the series. Then i tried playing EoSD but at the time it felt impossible to complete, couldn't even reach stage 4.
Then, as things got worse, i actually changed my mentality and said to myself "if i can clear this impossible game with one credit then i can do anything".
So i practiced from time to time, eventually got to Patchouly and fell in love with her theme, then after reaching Remilia for the first time i thought her theme was amazing, so that motivated me even more to clear the game with one credit.
After some time i got my first 1CC and i was almost in tears, the whole game caused a really big inpact in me and also motivated me to put my life back on trail. Something that seemed impossible at the time was now a reality.
Now i can easily get hard 1cc's on most games but i will never forget my first one.
So i guess the moral of the story is to never give up.
>>
>>16946587
It will never happen.
>>
I'm glad there are some others who haven't 1cc'd because I sometimes feel like a false because of it.

I have OCD about experiencing things "in order" chronologically with massive franchises like this, so I never got farther than HRtP and don't want to become a big fan of any character/mythology etc. whose game I haven't played/1cc'd.

I should probably get over this.
>>
>>16946587
I got drunk and was playing PoDD-- I wanted to 1cc the games in order, but I guess I lucked out and managed to beat Mima, who was the 6th stage with Marisa, using her full boss attack. I didn't loose any lives and managed to breeze through Chuyuri, and got Yumemi on my very last bit of health, last life after earning an extra one, and all bombs fired. My heart has never beaten so hard whilst playing a video game in my entire life
>>
>>16947492
Just 1cc HrtP then. It's not hard if you know what you're doing.
>>
File: 1440396852916.png (86KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
1440396852916.png
86KB, 245x204px
EoSD in 2009.

Took me about a week of constant play and using the hell out of the stage practice mode. I even had a paper that had a graph with each stage and where I should bomb in each, I wish I kept that as a memento. In the following month I 1cc'd every game until SA, which took me another full week. UFO came around then and I cleared it during release week iirc.

Today I have cleared every extra and every game on hard with the exception of LoLK which I don't want to bother much with, though I enjoyed it for what it was. Looking forward to th16.
>>
>>16947492
Just skip HRtP.
It has no real story to speak of, the only info that you need from it to move on and understand what's going on is that Reimu is a shrine maiden and that Mima is a ghost lady that antagonized her at one point.
>>
File: 0E5.jpg (277KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
0E5.jpg
277KB, 900x1273px
>>16948973
You're talking as if Mima were more relevant than Sariel or Konngara. Why the fuck so many sluts want her back? I like the PC-98 era and its characters but I don't see what's the big deal with Mima.
>>
>>16946587
It's never happened. In fact, I still haven't beaten any Touhou games. Yes, I'm a scrub, I know.
>>
>>16949563
I haven't beaten any game too. PLZ MARRY ME!
>>
Imperishable Night - Border Team on normal mode.

After getting rekt by Marisa a hundred times, finally I was free to explore the other stages. My mind blew with the Cinderella Cage (my favorite piece so far), the Illusion Arts from Reisen and the possibility of choosing the last stage. A few tries later I managed to reach Kaguya in one single run, but I milked the whole battle, also missed all the Impossible Requests. However, the feeling of accomplishing something so difficult was so strong in me that I felt in love with Touhou forever.

If someone is interested in seeing the 1cc:
jpst [dot] it [slash] YLZK
>>
File: 5434407.png (65KB, 304x282px) Image search: [Google]
5434407.png
65KB, 304x282px
>>16949504
>You're talking as if Mima were more relevant than Sariel or Konngara
Not him. But Mima literally IS far more important than both of them.

She was arguably just as important as Marisa was in that era; not only because she was both Marisa's mentor and Reimu's first big enemy.

But also because she used to be one of the most recurrent characters (tied with Marisa for appearing in 4 of the original 5 games) and one of the few characters in 2hu at the time that actually had a personality.

She also is one of the few characters in Touhou that could actually be considered evil.
Although after some time she pretty much was happy enough with just bullying Reimu.
>>
>>16949781
>My mind blew with the Cinderella Cage

Damn right, it's my fave stage theme
>>
I've finished UFO before and now I want to play that Touhou trojan virus. Anyone know where to find it?
>>
I think it was HRtP. I don't know why but the game resonated with me more than the shooters. It was fun keeping track of the score to know when I was about to get a extra life so I could die in purpose and get a bomb, and learning the bosses' patterns. I have to admit I cheesed Konngara and just cheesed her with bombs.
>>
I just kinda plowed through PCB on eezi modo for half a dozen times. On the 7th or 8th time I managed to do it without continuing.
Really not rocket science, people.
>>
>>16947252
I'm happy for you anon, we're all going to make it!
>>
It felt a little meh, was just getting the timing right with deathbombing, now hard difficulty, then it's on.
>>
Shit was intense https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wyFpQSm5ywk
>>
I kept grinding away at TD on a Christmas Eve until I got a 1cc early Christmas morning. Then, after failing to make much progress on other games, I quit playing the games for almost a year.
Shortly after returning to them, I got my second 1cc in MoF just after midnight on the Christmas of the next year, even though that run started off as a shitty warm-up with too many early deaths. What I take from this is that I'm shit at these games unless it happens to be Christmas.
>>
>>16951920
we are all gonna make it brah
>>
DDC... on easy. I'm not the best with games like Touhou. I do think that with practice I'll be able to 1cc DDC on normal eventually. I managed to get up to the fourth stage, so maybe that's an indicator that it's not impossible for me to improve.
>>
It was MoF, the 26 of December 2015. It was also the first time I ever finished a Touhou game. It was on my 19th birthday, and I was injured because of a ski accident but my family was still skiing, because we all went together to celebrate Christmas. Only my mother stayed with me this day but she went out to buy something. I managed to beat Kanako for the first time. Strangely it happened on a mountain in a chalet just next to a church in the Alps. Coincidence ? I think not...
>>
>>16946587
Not my first but I was mostly of my mind after a root canal to get my first 1CC of MoF. Dunno if being sluggish from after effects of the anesthetic helped me not panic dodge or what but it was done.
>>
File: 1408969532862.jpg (102KB, 362x500px) Image search: [Google]
1408969532862.jpg
102KB, 362x500px
>>16949781
I basically bombwhored myself to Kaguya. Did a perfect run through the first 3 bosses, though. Marisa was a pain in the fucking ass.
I prefer Voyage 1969 to Cinderella cage, still a very good OST. Good taste, anon.
>>
I asked a friend which game was the easiest to get into the series with, he told me to play SA on normal.
Took me a week.
>>
>>16946587
First true 1CC was MoF and it was unremarkable. I already had experience playing EoSD, PB, and IN, but was never good enough to beat them without extra lives. Since MoF is default lives only, I had to suck it up. MoF is pretty easy until Stage 6, so I just stocked lives and bombs and cheesed my way through Kanako. I think I skirted away with maybe 1-2 lives left.
>>
>>16966595
PCB, not PB
>>
>>16946587
First started playing EoSD on Normal using Reimu and stopped playing halfway through because of Sakuya then I switched to PCB on Normal using Reimu again and still stopped playing because of Youmu and then switched to IN where I had a much easier time to try and 1CC due to the Spell Practice existing. I was then at the brink of giving up after nearly a week of failed runs until I searched what the Extra Boss' theme on IN was and it made me motivated to actually unlock the Extra stage and beat her. After a few days later, I was finally able to get my first 1CC on the games using the border team and was even at the brink of shedding tears once I did it. Mokou then became my favorite character just because her theme gave me the motivation to actually achieve my first 1CC and well, I just like her in general even without the theme. Surprisingly, I got gud enough to 1CC both PCB and EoSD less than a week later.
>>
>>16946587
MoF hard mode. Ironically, I captured Vow of Wind God whilst failing everything else.
>>
File: yuyukill.jpg (103KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
yuyukill.jpg
103KB, 800x800px
Beat PCB on normal using Sakuya A, which is probably the easiest shot type to use.
>>
File: pcb normal reimu a 1cc.png (464KB, 656x519px) Image search: [Google]
pcb normal reimu a 1cc.png
464KB, 656x519px
Recently, beat PCB. I've been doing a lot of practice lately, and realized when trying for a 1cc recently it wasn't as hard as it used to be. I ended with 4 extra lives and realized that it seems like many of the games seem a lot more lenient than they used to be giving me resources; presumably that's just because I've been dying and bombing a lot less in general after practicing.

Thought afterwards that if I did it with 4 extra lives in PCB, I could probably do it on some other games too. Proceeded to 1cc EoSD, IN, MoF and TD all in one go. And I used to suck ass at these games, kek. Guess practice helps a lot.
>>
Are you there,ZUN? HEY ZUN! What's your record at your OWN game?
>>
>>16969415
ZUN doesn't English
>>
>>16946587
imperishable night easy

it was like 4am and I was restless as fuck and I might have been up for 25 hours or so and I wanted to see if it was really as easy as people said, did it first try and lost my shit over it and went to bed
only remotely difficult bit was Marisa
haven't done a proper normal mode clear of any 2hu game though
>>
>>16946587
IN on normal mode.
Took me a while of trying. I could probably do more games but I don't bomb enough.
>>
>>16969463
gay
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.