[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese internet/web design

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: ggjp.png (303KB, 1325x692px) Image search: [Google]
ggjp.png
303KB, 1325x692px
Why does it feel like japan is still stuck in the 90's when it comes to the web?

And why do they still use teeny tiny low res images? Just an example http://2014meiyo.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-275.html
>>
>>16858492

Because you're a cherry picking faggot?
>>
>>16858500
rude
>>
Because it looks nice?
To me, mid-2000s web design looks much nicer than today's garbage minimalist styles.
>>
Even web design is better is Japan.
>>
File: 05.png (143KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
05.png
143KB, 720x540px
I want to say it was because of feature phones still existing, but they're finally going extinct even in the Galapagos.
>>
>>16858554
I bet you also think gifs are better than webms
>>
What's wrong with that web design? I know people were making fun of custom Japanese websites for still using frames as late as 2009, but nobody uses them anymore, not even in Japan.

The example you posted, OP, is the same as Amazon, eBay, Alibaba and million other e-commerce sites these days. Web designers realize that people go to these sites to buy shit as fast as possible, not to watch fancy HTLM5 animations that slow down their browser and possibly take away customers.

Another thing is that the website layouts these days have become simpler and simpler with plain colors and boxy elements. That's because: 1) more and more people browse on mobile, where they have restrictions on bandwidth as well as processing powers, 2) for those browsing from PC, they are made to match the tile style of Windows 8 and 10.
>>
rakuten's interface design is the same as ebay's, however "outdated" you like to call it

you're stupid to think that those businesses aren't aware of newer design availability

hint hint, the target demographic and their familiarity with evolving tech
>>
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/4358/red_room1.html
>>
>>16858554
>>16858717
While it may suck for webpages that try to mimic the functionality of a desktop application it's PERFECT for simple stuff or paragraphs of text like the ones in an api because it's easy on the eyes and doesn't force you to think while using the UI, I've done web design and I fucking hate the effort everybody in the west puts into using using whatever javascript buzzword piece of shit technology framework is rolling around at the moment.
>>
>>16858554
>To me, mid-2000s web design looks much nicer than today's garbage minimalist styles.
I agree with this. I never understood why everybody suddenly hopped from the skeuomorphic bandwagon to the flat UI one.
>>
>>16858492
Because it looks better than the modern made-to-be-read-on-shitphones style websites have been styling themselves as that wastes so much side space on real computers. It's also better than mix 00s "this whole site is made in flash". It's simple and functional.

Also this site looks like the 90s too.

Besides that, even western shopping sites look like that because it's functional. Now here's a real 90s looking site http://www.tonamimuca.com/
>>
Why does it feel like /jp/ is still stuck in the 00's when it comes to thread topics?
>>
>>16858492
>teeny tiny low res images
Their screens aren't as big as yours. They either use phones or have shit like 1280 x 720 resolutions unless they're enthusiasts.
>>
Theyre web design and advertisements are shit

Too much shit plastered all over the place with no focus or direction. Reminds me of that Batman Arkham City Cover Art.
>>
File: 1440297659382.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1440297659382.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>16858492
Japanese like dense ui. Lots of information on just a few pages. It's a much more relaxing experience. I wish western tastes could be like that too. I can't scrolling 40 times to read 10 sentences and clicking + hovering over dropdown/slideout menus at least 5 times to get to where I want to be. Western minimalistic ui design has become so comical that people on /w/ literally have a blank homescreen on their phones.

I hypothesize that Japan likes dense ui because they mostly live in densely populated areas that are also convenient. Western folk live in comparatively rural areas with plenty of space; often to the point where you have to drive somewhere to buy some milk. UI tastes could be a result of the environment the user lives in.
>>
File: 1280843458809.gif (22KB, 215x224px) Image search: [Google]
1280843458809.gif
22KB, 215x224px
>>16858717
Let me know when webms don't destroy sprites and maybe i'll agree with you.
>>
Much of the modern webdesign is absolute trash.
Made under the paradigm "a few more mega bytes won't matter".
They want to make a website that only displays text and images but reimplement tons of browser functionality in javascript, spread those scripts over tons of domains and tell you that the website runs faster while it actually doesn't load at all.
So I'm glad that some Japanese website really websites are stuck in a time were they just worked.
>>
Big mainstream sites usually look similar to its western counterparts, and the rest look and feel better than the bloated pieces of shit that pass as websites today. Just compare the average western and Japanese news site.

http://idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm
>>
>website doesn't all fit into one retarded wordpress-esque page which squeezes everything into the center and forces you to scroll for hours and leaves sides as either a picture or a color with no functionality

REEE MID 90S TECH REEE
>>
>>16871847
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>16871888
"Why does it feel like japan is still stuck in the 90's when it comes to the web?"

It was a comedic (attempt) at discussing modern web standards (implied superiority of it) juxtaposed against OP's pic regarding 90s web standards.

Can I at least get an A for trying?
>>
File: aiseikai_hospital.jpg (98KB, 484x500px) Image search: [Google]
aiseikai_hospital.jpg
98KB, 484x500px
Where can I find an archived version of this page?
>>
>>16871913
You can get a "fuck you" for that dumb ass /r9k/ 'ree' shite.
>>
>>16872239
Here, but no images: http://megalodon.jp/2013-0621-2040-27/www.aiseikai.or.jp/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.