[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the better EX

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: 61809224_p0.jpg (2MB, 1550x1170px) Image search: [Google]
61809224_p0.jpg
2MB, 1550x1170px
Who's the better EX
>>
By what criteria?

Raiko's certainly better than the clusterfuck of a boss that is Hecatia, her musical theme is miles better and her personality is pleasantly chill.
But she's a lot less original design-wise and she really can't really compare to the Goddess of Hell both in terms of powerlevel and wits - especially not after her insight in AFiEU interview.
>>
Heca is friends with a hot, single MILF that should could totally hook you up with, and has a Greek fairy at her beck and call who she could also hook you up with, if you're into that kinda thing.

Raiko is friends with a bunch of band nerds, among which she is known as "the cool one". Because they are all nerds, and their only idea of fun is sipping wine coolers and playing off-key on purpose.

Heca is available in three different flavors, and if you play your cards right you could taste all of them at the same time.

Raiko has only flavor, and it's called "hit me harder, Daddy".
>>
>>16826199
>Raiko has only flavor, and it's called "hit me harder, Daddy".
Looks like band Yuuka wins.
>>
Raiko got a simple and nice design, Hecatia is a fucking mess. She looks like complete shit. Yes I know it's on purpose, she still looks like shit.
Raiko an EX-level Touhou who started as jack shit. Just about every other high-tier Touhou gets ridiculous strength just for showing up, but Raiko clawed her up way up from the bottom. That's awesome. Hecatia is just another strong, smart, scheming asshole. Whatever.

Hecatia wins in powers, though. The three body thing is neat.
>>
Both, because I like them. But if I have to choose, drum Prismriver.
>>
>>16826128
As a Raiko fan, I sadly have to say Hecatia

Raiko aimed to be the leader of the fledgeling new crop of tsukumogami, but what did she do after saving Yatsuhashi and not-Yatsuhashi? Nothing. Look at the manga and you get little artifact youkai being genocided on a mass scale. Meanwhile Raiko's messing around with the Prismrivers.
>>
Hecatia, not contest
Heca is fresh, hip, and powerful, and a breath of fresh air in the sock drawer that is Gensokyo
>>
pandemonic planet is a top 10 series theme for sure

primodial beat barely even has any drums, it's trumpetshit the same as every other boss
>>
File: 1452107263820.png (17KB, 711x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452107263820.png
17KB, 711x640px
>>16826436
>pandemonic planet is a top 10 series theme for sure
Are you for real senpai?
>>
File: 1491379971417.jpg (123KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491379971417.jpg
123KB, 600x800px
Taiko
>>
>>16826149
nee-san criteria
>>
>>16826128
those are both my big sisters
>>
File: 094689835679242.png (3MB, 1200x1694px) Image search: [Google]
094689835679242.png
3MB, 1200x1694px
Hecatia wins on 64 of the universal metrics for measuring greatness.

Raiko wins on 7.

The choice here is obvious.
>>
>>16826128
Hecatia's more challenging, has the better boss and stage theme, has a better stage and mid boss in general, is more fun to fight, has a more memorable personality and bigger implications in the greater lore, adds more to the cast, has a hilarious glitch associated with ber, and has cooler cards. All Raiko has is a more consistent visual theme in her danmaku, a more fine tuned extra, and the fact that she isn't hijacked by Junko for a chunk of her fight.
>>
>>16837539
>has a hilarious glitch associated with ber
What
>>
File: Extra Finish.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Extra Finish.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>16838621
>>
Hecka is the better EX, but Raiko is my ex.
>>
>>16844074
That's not a glitch.
>>
>>16844464
Fine, an "oversight" then.
Most people would just toss "Boss killing you after you beat her" under the umbrella term of glitch, though.
>>
File: Hecatia (50).jpg (191KB, 900x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Hecatia (50).jpg
191KB, 900x1104px
>>16826128
Hecatia is hands down the best EX boss and character.
>>
>>16845104
>Hecatia (50)
I like you, friend
>>
>>16826128
I honestly won't know until I have been married to both of them in turn sorry.
>>
Since Hecatia is from the newest game, she is by default the worst extra stage boss ever created. What the fuck was ZUN thinking? I blame his wife for this since ZUN really never does anything wrong. She forced him to put her into the game since she likes stupid shirts and hot topic memes. Alphes probably supported ZUN's wife and her terrible idea too. I know that deep down ZUN had a much better extra stage boss planned. Since Drummer Yuuka is now no longer from the newest aka the worst game, I am starting to realize that she is actually one of the best and deepest characters and highly underrated.
>>
Hecatia is the better character but I do like Raiko's boss theme more though.
>>
>>16845032
Those people are dumb and that description is shit.
>>
>>16846708
It's something that happens that isn't supposed to happen, there's no need to get your knickers in a twist over terminology.
>>
>>16846763
Are we sure this isn't ZUN's way of portraying Hecatia as a badass grill that doesn't take shit like: "you may have beaten me in a spell card duel but that doesn't mean we are friends *pimpslaps Reisen back to the moon* BACK OFF RABBIT YOU DON'T KNOW ME LIKE THAT" you know?
>>
>>16846763
>It's something that happens that isn't supposed to happen
A collision with the boss resulting in taking a hit and losing a life, is not supposed to happen?
>>
>>16846876
Not after the boss and stage has been defeated, no. Take a careful look at how the game records the score as well. Being able to die after clearing the extra stage is clearly an oversight that isn't meant to happen. ZUN probably forgot to turn off Hecatia's hitbox after her defeat.

>>16846832
Doubtful, as the game improperly record the extra clear status in the score, but it's a funny concept.
>>
>>16847418
>an oversight
Which isn't a glitch, you fucking retard.
>>
>>16847495
See >>16846763
>>
>>16845507
He also probably wanted her design to be a bit different, but then Aki Eda took her liberties once again.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.