[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visual novel / Dating sim advice needed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
I have not played a visual novel / dating sim ("eroge"?) type game for more than 10/15 years.

Can someone give me the basic rundown on the best games of the genre? Good stories only please. If it contains japanese VO with english titles, even better.

I enjoyed but never finished DIVI-DEAD, also played Three Sisters Story and Seasons of Sakura, but cant remember anything about them. Thanks for your help
>>
"Best" kind of really depends on your taste, it's not quite that simple. What kind of genres are you into? Not only genre, but other things can play a role as well. What kind of emphasis do you prefer? e.g. story, music, whatever.
>>
>>16755393
Im not crazy about over the top cutesy stuff, a darker story is more interesting to me, muh moral ambiguity etc

I hope this helps, and if not, just recommend something you think is high quality and has Jap VO and english titles and good erotic artwork
>>
>>16755403
Hmm... well, my experience probably isn't as good as some people's are, but I have a few ideas.

Tsukihime(and it's sequel of sorts, Kagetsu Touya), G-Senjou no Maou, the Higurashi VNs, Chaos;Head... Ever17 I guess. Sekien(Seiken?) no Inganock. Phenomeno. Steins;Gate isn't really specifically dark but has good moments, I guess. I typically play things that are slightly darker than normal, so you're in luck. That's well over half of my total plays. I'd give more detailed descriptions, but they're kind of either hard to explain and/or my memory of them is faded. Just check VNDB or something.
>>
>>16755436
I guess I skimmed your paragraph and didn't read it in full detail. Most of those are good but probably not "the best." Best of the ones I listed would probably be Tsukihime, G-Senjou. Maybe S;G but it's a bit farther away from being dark as I implied. The rest are honorable mentions, really. Good but sometimes have a few flaws.

Tsukihime definitely has some flaws; mediocre art, limited soundtrack and sound effects, so-so backgrounds. It's partially just from it being so fucking old, but has a great enough story and characters to make up for it. Very detailed world/setting. Lacks VAs.

G-Senjou's story, setting and characters are quite good, perhaps not quite as good as Tsukihime, but more than makes up for it with the fantastic art and music, something Tsukihime sorely lacks. VAs present.

Higurashi is great if you like intense mystery and dark things hiding just behind the veil of casual everyday life. Lacks VAs and another limited soundtrack, but good art(for the time, probably now qualifies as decent)and good story/world.

Chaos;Head has an interesting story and it's fair share of mystery. The main character is highly relatable(if you're a NEET with anxiety and delusional). Also really liked the delusion triggers system. Playing through I was constantly amused by his constant hijinks. VAs for this one. Another limited soundtrack. Decent art.

I'll skip the rest because uh, it's been too long since I played those ones and I really don't remember much of anything about them.

I guess I explained everything roughly anyway. Fuck it, Whatever man. w
>>
>>16755376
Thanks for the advice.

So far I have aquired...
Devi-dead (for replay value)
Sakura shrine girls (downloaded at random, looks shit)
Tsukihime (dodgy looking art, but interesting concept)
G-Senjou no Maou
Both original and remake of Kana Little Sister (which is the best version,btw?)
And I am going to rent Steins;Gate on the VITA

Please let me know if there are any greats I am missing
>>
File: 01c347af044acf0cecb846beab46c6ed.jpg (262KB, 817x1280px) Image search: [Google]
01c347af044acf0cecb846beab46c6ed.jpg
262KB, 817x1280px
>>16760367
Saya no Uta. It's about a very dark form of love. Has pretty decent art and a very fitting, atmospheric soundtrack. VAs are present. Relatively short.

The other anon mentioned Phenomeno. It's a pretty good horror with beautiful art. No VAs though. It's also very short, covering the first story arc of the first LN volume. The rest has yet to be translated, unfortunately.
>>
>>16760695
Do you have a link to those two? cant seem to find them on nyaa
>>
>>16760855
>>16755436 here. I forgot to mention Saya, definitely a good one and pretty dark as well. Girls are uploading, please wait. It includes my saves and data whatever other shit I did so just ignore/delete all that shit or something.
>>
>>16760895
Thanks. Are both in English and run OK in Win7?
>>
>>16760902
Dunno about Win7 but they worked fine for me on 8 so it's probably fine. Both are in English.
>>
Done.

https://mega.nz/#!kwF0CBzJ!INYW44dhaAzIB_3SFctZXIHgcnya9vRKcKCqrA9sg7g
https://mega.nz/#!VxMRDbya!-2VscnE04vx-o3N6c8jsCEiK_sbeQ2KharTrer4p77o

Enjoy
>>
Starless: Nymphomaniac's Paradise
>>
>>16755376
subscribing to this thread desu
>>
>>16760971
You are a good person. Thanks for sharing these!
>>
discipline, starless and euphoria gave me my best faps and the last one has as great a story as a nukige can get.

saya no uta is garbage but has a great noise/drone soundtrack

tsukihime is alright on half of the routes, insane on the other half. Fate is tl;dr the game.

nocturnal illusion is my ultimate nostalgia game.
>>
>>16755403
Kara no shoujo might also be something to consider if you like a dark story.
I'd also recommend chaos;head too.
>>
Seconding Kara no Shoujo. Excellent art and music, very elaborate story.

Myth is a weird one, play if you want to try something meta.

Chaos;Head's story is complete shit but it might be worth a play-through if you like a suspenseful atmosphere. Same goes for many of Nitroplus' other titles.

Euphoria's ero and story are both ridiculous. Would recommend if you're into degradation.

For moral ambiguity I would recommend White Album 2. It's a romance/drama with excellent characters who are all deeply flawed. However, the translation for the second chapter is incomplete.
>>
>>16760902
Be careful with Saya. It's very buggy for some people. Start a new game if you want to load a save. Do not load from the main menu otherwise the game will crash. Also, sometimes choices will bug so that you can't select them, though that problem disappeared on my second playthrough. Just ask if you encounter any problems.
>>
File: file.png (785KB, 1023x580px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
785KB, 1023x580px
Quick question about Phenomeno:

What order should I play these in? Literally top to bottom?

Also, area 4 in the picture- does that just load the last save?

Thanks
>>
>>16755376
Fate stay night :^)
>>
>>16764779
The first one. There are no saves in this game because it's so short. If you play the first option, which is the intro, it will run you through the other two, which are chapters one and two. If for some reason you can't complete it in one sitting then you can select the chapter on which you left off.
>>
Katawa Shoujo, though it was made by western /a/nons.
>>
Saya no Uta, Euphoria, YU-NO, Symphonic Rain, Chaos;Head (gets kind of stupid by the end, but interesting premise), Kana Imouto (not DARK, but has lots of moral dilemmas and is a depressing story), Narcissu.
>>
File: file.png (36KB, 603x347px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
36KB, 603x347px
OP here,playing through Kara No Shoujo...

Feels like a high quality game, still very early in, enjoying it more than the rest.

Pic- games I have tried so far, except Kana and the homeless girl one
>>
>>16755376
If you liked Divi-Dead try reading Kara no Shoujo.
>>
I wish tokimemo was in english,i really need a dating sim.
>>
>>16773200
I am my dude, check the post above yours. Enjoying the atmosphere, some conversation feel a bit like filler though. I would prefer it to be a but pacier, but its the best I have found so far in terms of art/music/story/mood all satisfactory and in balance.

pic not related. Thats another game I have played in my journeys
>>
>>16773236
Sorry, I haven't read the post from above but please, don't bully me with Water Closed meme.

If you like VN with story but less romances and such I also recommend you these:

-Kara No Shoujo 2/Cartaga (sequel/presequel)
-Tsukihime.
-Utawarerumono
-Higurashi.
-Saya no Uta.
-Chaos; Head
-Steins; Gate
-Forest.
-Swat Song.
-Eden*
-Muv Luv Alternative
-Grisaia no Kajitsu
>>
File: cheaters-1.jpg (27KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
cheaters-1.jpg
27KB, 360x270px
>>16773331
Thanks for the list, I will look in to these. How did you (and anyone else in this thread) find your way in to this genre, and what year?
>>
>>16773369
I'm reading them since True Love so I know more than a few of them but I'm not sure why I began to like them. Maybe because when I was a kid the anime shows were pretty scarce (DBZ shill aside), most of my favorite manga series were cancelled by the shitty publishers and I wanted to read something "complete" related to manga.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.