[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Yakuza/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sonatine.jpg (111KB, 1280x733px) Image search: [Google]
Sonatine.jpg
111KB, 1280x733px
What are the best Japanese Yakuza movies?
>>
>The Wolves
>Sonatine
>The Yakuza Papers aka Battles without Honor or Humanity (it's a 5-movie series...it's kind of corny and not filmed very well but it is a pretty interesting look at the Japanese portrayal of the yakuza in the 70's)
>Agitator
>Outrage: Way of the Yakuza and Brother are two of my favorite, both by Takeshi Kitano. Anything by Takashi Miike or Takeshi Kitano.

>Sonatine - Takeshi Kitano
An experienced Yakuza and his group are sent to okinawa to set a skirmish between two families. But things get awfully worse and the less the group has to loose, the more they can risk. If you would put a gun to my head and ask about my favourite movie, i would answer Sonatine. Ok, this was actually the first yakuza flick i ever saw, so i'm rather emotionally tied to it. But it has great action scenes, intensive sceneries and even some kind of really dry humor. Definetly worth a watch.

>Brother - Takeshi Kitano
>An old Yakuza finds Refugee by his younger step brother in america, who is a small street thug. He takes on the business of his brother to evolve it into a successful Yakuza-like Family.
A good movie indeed, and a solid Kitano. But the structure of the movie and the motives of the characters differ a bit from your typical Yakuza flick. Not what i would call a real yakuza movie but without doubt entertaining.

>Outrage - Takeshi Kitano
>A small gang of yakuzas become a pawn in a game of higher ranking yakuzas. They are doing pretty well, but over time, the high ranking yakuzas are no match for them.
Actually the Yakuza Movie that reminds me the most of the Videogame Series of the same name. Also, Takeshi Kitano went back to his roots and did a great job at it. At least from my opinion, the best Kitano since Brother (if not better).

>The Third Yakuza I & II - Takashi Miike
>A veteran Yakuza tries to claim his legacy. On his way to the top, he meets a lot of new friends and old enemies. In the second part, he tries to settle old scores but is confronted with a japanese Leon - The Professional ripp-off.
>The first movie is a masterpiece. It has everything i could expect from a yakuza movie. Great characters, immersing storyline, and just the right amount of action. The second movie is a huge let down though, but concludes the missing parts of the first. Also, it's kind of funny in a goofy way.

>Gangster I & II - ?
>In the first movie, an exiled yakuza returns from his three-year absence to the underworld and gathers a rather interesting group around him to have his revenge. In the Second Movie, a lone street thug seeks out the advice of the hero of the First movie to become a real yakuza.
I like the first movie. Although it's nothing ground breaking, it's still a solid movie with all the Yakuza elements you would expect from a Yakuza flick. The second movie though is, also just from my opinion, rather boring and really worth bothering.

>Blues Harp - Takashi Miike
>A street roamer gets in touch with a yakuza and they develop a friendship that doesn't end well.
>Also, not what you'd expect from a blockbuster, but very atmospheric and worthwile if you're really into Yakuza movies.

>Full Metal Yakuza - Takashi Miike
>After being critical wounded, an Yakuza becomes a cyborg and thirsts for revenge.
In my opinion not really the typical yakuza movie, instead more of a quirky action movie, but worth watching if you're into both.

>Ichi the Killer - Takashi Miike
>A gang leader investigates the disappearance of an oyabun and a bunch of money on his own. On his way, he discovers that the oyabun didn't vanish into dust but got killed by an insane Assassin.
>Also less a classical Yakuza movie than a pretty gory Action flick, it still has some Yakuza elements and even locations you'll recognise from the Yakuza game Series.

>These are the Yakuza movies i'd recommend. >Also, there are:
>Crows Zero - has some Yakuza involved in the plot too.
>Shinjuku Killers - a Yakuza movie, but i only rent it and found it pretty boring.
>>
>>16703199
Sorry, messed up the lines.
>>
>>16703186

Matango.
>>
>>16703217
im surprised someone else knows about this movie
not a yakuza movie tho
>>
>>16704747

IT'S AN ALLEGORY.
>>
GOZU
>>
>>16703186
>>16703199
>Sonatine
Just got this on 1080p going to watch this again for the 900th time. I have to say that its one of the chillest films ever.
>>
>>16703186
Outrage and Beyond Outrage are 10/10 imo
>>
>>16707552
Where did you get 1080, anon?
>>
>>16703186
Is he okay?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.