[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /jp/ think of Len'en?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 61154216_p30_master1200.png (926KB, 927x768px) Image search: [Google]
61154216_p30_master1200.png
926KB, 927x768px
What does /jp/ think of Len'en?
>>
Peaked at RMI. The new game isn't that good.
>>
It's for the people with real autism, not for the people pretending to have autism.
>>
>>16692634
A cast full of autists for an autistic audience
>>
Sub-par games made by someone who wants to imitate Touhou without understanding anything about what makes it good.
>>
>>16691961
It's fine but I feel like you shouldn't hide bullets.
>>
>>16700585
Also, I really love some of the music like RMI's extra stage stuff.

Wonder if it belongs on here since it's not touhou.
>>
>>16693538
He pretty much does. The only fun stuff in JynX's games are the boss battles.
>>
>>16693538
What do you think makes Touhou good? I think it has good music and fun battles. On the topic of the hiding bullets, wasn't that done only in Extra?
>>
>>16703969
stage design is ok'ish in Touhou compared to other japanese stg:s. Boss phases are better and more creative in Touhou series. There are also alot bad design choises in Len'en ( for ex. Invible bullets ). If one makes a clone for other game why make it worse than the original.
>>
File: 61154308_p32_master1200.jpg (443KB, 881x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61154308_p32_master1200.jpg
443KB, 881x1200px
For a game series that is self-aware that is a knock-off, on top of a guy who is a complete amateur in every single aspect of game making, I'd say it's a pretty alright series.
Sure, it's no Touhou and has a lot of questionable design, but I enjoy it. At least it's clearly not from lack of effort, as he had a bunch of health problems from trying to release the newest game ASAP.
>>
>>16706933
>At least it's clearly not from lack of effort, as he had a bunch of health problems from trying to release the newest game ASAP.
Part of JynX's problem is that he rushes through releases as quickly as he possibly can with barely any careful thought into what he's doing. It is absolutely a lack of effort when he just wants to pump games, and it would be better both for the games' quality and for his health to slow things down.
>>
>>16703969
stage 5 haze route in 4

>>16705338
I don't think the invisible bullets are bad by themselves, remembering the trajectories of some bullets isn't too hard to do but then you get to the invisible spinning pinwheels and that's some shit right there.
>>
>>16691961
Somehow manages to have worse art than ZUN
>>
>>16706933
>ASAP
It took him like more than a year.
>>
has jynx ever explained why every character's gender is ambiguous?
>>
>>16710385
He just says it's "whatever you want them to be". He seems to have a thing for leaving stuff like that up in the air.
>>16710371
I'm almost entirely certain that's deliberate.
>>
The stages are often dull and JynX has no idea how to balance difficulty (or make things fair), but the bosses are really imaginative and fun. The newest game is also enormous, which is impressive in and of itself. It seems to be growing more and more of its own identity since starting out as a Touhou clone.
>>
>>16711517
it's impressive but also kind of bad
an english patch would take forever to complete, and the person currently doing it refuses to update the patch until the game is updated, which won't happen for a looooong time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.