[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese living conditions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: organic-buckwheat-pillow-3.jpg (460KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
organic-buckwheat-pillow-3.jpg
460KB, 800x800px
Well I have been setting up my house all Japanese like, and I was wondering why the Japanese like buck wheat pillows?
>>
chocolate chips in pillows NANI??????
>>
Why go to these lengths?
Also, if you don't have a kotatsu, everything else is meaningless.
>>
>>16675352
>organic-buckwheat-pillow-3.jpg
The "organic" movement for trendy well-to-do yuppies never ceases to amaze me. I never would have thought of "organic" pillows.
>>
Can you eat the chocolate chips inside? What's stopping you from stuffing an ordinary pillow case full of chocolate chips, why order a special pillow at such an inflated rate?
>>
>>16675352
Buck Wheat is a cultural icon appropriated by the Japanese. He was a very popular character and still is IN JAPAN
>>
>>16676268
Aren't cotton, feathers or whatever other stuffing you put in the pillows organic anyway?
>>
>>16675428
>>16676455
not many can appreciate waking up with your bed and head covered in melted chocolate. this is truly a traditional japanese thing.
>>
>>16678409
You could make a pillow out of a lamb's bladder and fill it with fish eyeballs. Sure is 'organic' enough!
>>
>>16675352
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckwheat

Probably because they use it to make shochu and its economical to use the hulls for something, like pillows
>>
>>16678409
Technically even shit made out of petrol, like synthetic cloth, is organic since it's made out of dead animals anyway.
>>
Tbh we should have a Japanese interior design thread. I see like 4 threads about futons kotatsu etc weeb furniture.
>>
>>16678409
>>16678492
>>16678613
I don't think any of you understand what organic, as in "organic farming" actually means. Hint: it has nothing to do with the first dictionary definition of the word.
>>
>>16678782
You called it.

>>16680029
Please go and stay go, kudasai.
>>
>>16680056
Unless you're a interior design otaku there's no reason to have that thread here.
>>
>>16680029
The fuck is organic farming, that makes even less sense.
>>
File: IMG_20170307_203545772.jpg (1MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170307_203545772.jpg
1MB, 2432x4320px
Seeing as I'll probably have more luck here, can anyone translate this poem for me? It's on each piece of my new tea set
>>
>>16681095
Something about pleasure.
>>
>>16675352
I dont know anyone with one of these.
>>
>>16675352
They are self cleaning in some respects. Otherwise they suck.
>>
File: tumblr_nxarfyPduM1qfg18go2_1280.jpg (386KB, 1269x846px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxarfyPduM1qfg18go2_1280.jpg
386KB, 1269x846px
>>16678782
I hope you're not expecting a general. Interior design isnt otaku culture either.
>>
>>16682386
I do remember the name Japan/General and people's objections to the board being effectively about otaku culture instead. Has the maturity finally come about?
>>
what are you? some kind of weeaboo?
>>
I remember seeing something about pillows filled with stuff like that years ago, in a catalog perhaps. One of the big selling points about it was that filling was breathable and didn't retain much heat, meaning you didn't have to flip it over to get to the cool side.
>>
>>16682386
Traditional Japanese interiors always so comfy looking. Would love to live in a place like that if it didn't get hellishly hot in the summers, need air conditioning to deal with shit like that which seems incompatible with that sort of design.

Well, maybe I could make do with a small single-room type unit I guess and just keep it where I am most of the time, probably save money on energy that way anyway.
>>
>>16683608
i'd be more concerned about cold than heat here.
>>
>>16680711
not that guy but i think you and some people here misunderstand the term organic

organic refers to the process in which products are made, not just the "from-living-beings" nature of them

organic comes from self-regulating "organism", basically means sustainable, e.g, killing pests with ladybugs instead of pesticides, making manure from decomposing plants instead of human engineerd chemicals

the concepts of organic farming came about first, organic products are just well, products of organic farming
>>
>>16683971
Aren't most organic crops fertilized with human shit?
>>
>>16684252
Where the hell did you get that notion? Human waste is shitty at sustaining plant life. Most farmers use cow and goat manure because of its high nutrient content from their diet of grasses and grain. Chicken shit also makes for good manure if I remember correctly
>>
>>16684252
funny, i remember someone somewhere said "what barbaric countries use human shit as fertilizer eew so icky"

as far as i know human waste (now referred to as biosolids) is not considered organic because they need to go through chemical processing to remove pathogens

are they better/more used than other fertilizers? not sure, but i know what 50% of biosolids in the us are used on farmland
>>
>>16688851
>Human waste is shitty

heh
>>
>>16688851
Chicken shit is used a lot as fertilizer. Especially around places that have a lot of chicken houses. It has a high amount of phosphorous and nitrogen. There's nothing quite like living in a rural area in spring/summer when the smell of chicken manure just permeates into everything and everywhere.

/jp/ - Organic Farming & Shit
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.