[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

エロゲスレ/Untranslated VN General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 417
Thread images: 61

File: c.png (2MB, 1282x716px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
2MB, 1282x716px
Previous thread: >>16622153

This thread is for the discussion of untranslated Japanese visual novels.

What are you playing? What are you looking forward to? What have you finished? You know the drill.
>>
just picked up 閉じたセカイのトリコロニー, the OP was considerably more metal than expected.

both of MC's parents have sprites w/faces, voice actors, and work late but still show up to comment on their son's activities? shit, color me interested for that imouto route.
>>
>>16665794
酷い
>>
>>16666809
I also recently finished Akikuru. I guess the fact that I was able to read through it, proves that it wasn't that bad, but I'm still disappointed. The two previous games are some of my all time favourites where I had to force myself to stop reading and go to bed. This time I had to force myself to open the bloody game.
Also, the more you know about quantum mechanics the worse Akikuru becomes. Not that I'm an expert, but if you have no prior knowledge you might be able to buy some of the dumb shit.
It had some really good character though. I really liked the crazy imouto.
>>
File: fucking bully.jpg (308KB, 800x1041px) Image search: [Google]
fucking bully.jpg
308KB, 800x1041px
Humanity is a fitting name for this game, cause it's all about getting fucking bullied
>>
>>16655948
Really? No replies?
I thought you guys hated it when it came out, or do you just hate sekai project and not the game?
>>
>>16668184
Crazy imouto fan #2 reporting in. Though in hindsight I guess I understand why she wasn't around much, she takes over every single scene she's in which is fun and all but I could see it getting real old real quick. She doesn't so much banter as overpower everyone else into submission with her sheer insanity. It's weird that they built up MC's relationship and past with her to such an extent only to have her show up for like 5 scenes total and the tiniest stub of a route, though. I wonder if stuff got cut.

but yeah Watanabe kinda took a couple entry level concepts and ran with them beyond any sane point. I didn't think too hard about it so it was fine but I imagine if you expected much more than 'lol observers observing observers' you'd feel pretty let down.
>>
>>16668191
Why are you surprised? It's few years old and there isn't much particularly notable about the game itself. Not much to care about.

I know you just graduated DJT, but this isn't a thread where to get replies like you tried.
>>
>>16668198
I'm only asking since I'm pretty sure there was a shit storm with the h scenes
or something on these threads when it came out.

It wasn't hanasaki cuckspring or shin x ai levels of rage but there was something people were angry about.

Also where did you get DJT from?
I'm asking since /v/ has been talking about this showing up on steam and I remembered something happened with this game on these threads.
>>
>>16668184
You just have to change your expectation while reading this and you will extremely enjoy it. Iam enjoying every moment of the comedy and characters interaction, I love all the characters especially Kiss, Saorin and Noa. The art, BGM and voice acting are really good too. You can tell that Watanabe is really just a perverted otaku and bishoujo game lover at heart just like most of us here.
This game is pretty solid 9/10 for me, would recommend to anyone. This deserved the moege award for last year.
>>
>>16668204
>Also where did you get DJT from?

Well, it was just a guess, but it was clear you came from somewhere somewhat recently. If that weren't the case you'd already know what's the deal with Chrono Clock.

It was hardly a shitstorm, some people only noted Japanese buyers are unhappy about H scenes being separate extras. And some guessed it might be because of future English release being planned. And then few months after it was announced.
>>
>>16668197
You are right about that. I was constantly laughing when she was on screen, but it would probably have been too much if she were part of the main cast.

>>16668209
I don't know if I can agree on the whole "you can like anything as long as you have the right expectations" that I sometimes see in this thread. But I'm glad that you enjoyed the game.
>>
>>16668209
Pretty much this. People are disappointed because they loved Harukuru and Natsukuru and were expecting a clone of them, and while they were fantastic games and it's a reasonable expectation, Akikuru is great in its own way. If you just want a really funny, well written romantic comedy, with a slight touch on deeper topics at times, it's perfect.
>>
Anyone playing Suisei Ginka?

I started it but I'm pretty discouraged to continue.
>>
>>16668223
>If you just want a really funny, well written romantic comedy, with a slight touch on deeper topics at times
I think a problem is that so fucking many VNs follow this. A romcom that only touches deeper topics? That's like the majority of VNs. It's not very compelling praise, is what I'm trying to say, and it would make sense for people to be thus disappointed with such a bland formula at this point.
>>
>>16668211
okay thanks
>>
>>16668228
> That's like the majority of VNs.
Like what? Akikuru is probably the first or second game that talks about Quantum Mechanics.
>>
>>16668223
I knew very well that it wouldn't be a clone, and that I probably wouldn't like it very much. And I was right, I didn't like it. But I had to try.
>>
>>16668227
I'm really looking forward to everything about Suisou Ginka when it comes out later this month except for the part where I confuse the two every single fucking time and have to doublecheck names and release dates just to make sure.

sorry mate, I'm not but had to get that off my chest
>>
>>16668241
I said "touch on deeper topics", not explicitly Quantum Mechanics (though aikuru is almost certainly not the first VN in 25 some years of VN history to bring up quantum mechanics).
>>
>>16668241
Sorry, but how many VNs have you read?
>>
>>16668252
Not many, but are you implying there are a lot of VN that have deep topics on legit science? Because I only know of few.
>>
>>16668228
It's not about the formula, it's about the execution. There's loads of romcom VNs, sure, but there's also a lot of scifi VNs and time travel VNs. The point is in the same way Natsukuru was a lot better than your average scifi VN, Akikuru was a lot better than your average romcom.
I feel people fixate too much on genre and formula, when what really matters is the quality of the writing.
>>
File: i said what what.jpg (70KB, 327x526px) Image search: [Google]
i said what what.jpg
70KB, 327x526px
>>16668271
expectations definitely do come into the picture though, conscious or not. looking at his previous works it's hard not to look at Akikuru's "romcom" description and think 'oh yeah, just like Harukuru was a slice of life story' and then have that expectation slowly fade with the realization that wait, it really is a romcom.

Harukuru was genre shift as fuck and no one expected this, with Akikuru most people expected a genre shift again and then the twist was that there wasn't a twist. Or something, that's my take on it anyway.

Still think Spring was best for the tightness and coherence of the themes & imagery, even if the characters were a bit weak. Fall was like the inversion of that, great characters but didn't really have that coherence heh.
>>
File: island.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
island.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>16668265
Schrödinger's Cat and / or Relativity is mentioned in absolutely every VN that tries to be deep.
>>
>>16668279
Yeah, which is exactly why people are disappointed. I do agree Harukuru was the best, it was so perfectly structured and its highlights were absolutely amazing, the other games never managed to achieve the same heights at their climaxes. But I look on it as that being more of a one-off that just happened to work really well, it would've been really hard to reproduce that again.
>>
>>16668294
Schrödinger's Cat is a meme on the Japanese Internet. This was mentioned in Chaos;Child.
>>
>>16668190
Oh the humanity!
>>
>>16668279
The problem is when "expectations" is used to put the blame on the reader.
>>
>>16668190
So it's better getting penetrated by a guy?
>>
>>16668341
He was thrown off a roof, not fucked.
>>
>>16668308
it's the curse of surprises, you can't go looking for something that will surprise you, or go into something looking to be surprised. I love genre shift stuff but it loses all the fun when you know what you're getting into.

>>16668337
true enough. sometimes it's valid but sometimes it's used like 'well that's what you get for expecting it to be good'. which goes without saying is a real dumb way to excuse something.
>>
>>16668337
In that case it's often just a criticism of their taste. Like if someone hates all romcoms and thus doesn't enjoy Akikuru because they were expecting a scifi, then that's just their opinion. But it's a valid statement to point out that Akikuru is still a great game, it's just not the kind of game that person was looking for.
>>
If an author wants to actually shock people with a twist or genre-shift, there actually need to be works without that.
Now after Akikuru nobody can say for sure anymore, that a Watanabe work stays as it is, or maybe changes partway through. Could be anything. The important thing is, that a work is accomplishing what it intends to do.

Though, well, I can understand people being disappointed for "no twist" after two in a row, but there's no avoiding that. Sooner or later it had to happen, and who knows, maybe this is just another cog in the greater kuru picture. (May've been the last "kuru" game, but..)
>>
>>16668475
>Now after Akikuru nobody can say for sure anymore, that a Watanabe work stays as it is, or maybe changes partway through.
That's not meaningful, because the shock or surprise isn't there either way. It's like flipping a coin. You don't know if it'll be heads or tails, but you won't be shocked either way. Watanabe's games having a twist, anyway, was shocking because so few games actually do what they do. It wasn't the shock of the twist, but a shock of the quality and uniqueness, which still would have remained to this day, as still so few games do what those did.
>>
>>16668345
oh...
Well I can see how that's more embarrassing.
>>
>>16668611

Being unsure is still a very different thing from knowing it's gonna happen.

Kinda like when you realize an author doesn't mind killing their important characters. If that happens all the time, the impact is completely gone. But if you can't be sure it happens, because they survive harsh situations in some works, you just.. don't know.
Sure, it's not the same as assuming nothing is gonna happen because that's "normal", and then getting that twist in a completely unexpected way, but that can only happen once. Never again. So it's not something an author could ever strife for setting up another time.

In the end, all of that is to avoid becoming stale and too predictable as an author. Which I think is a legitimate thing, even though not all readers care about it, or some even like it being predictable.
>>
>>16668689
These two scenarios aren't really analogous. Like I said, the shock wasn't the twist, it's the quality and uniqueness. People want the fairly unique stories Watanabe's games had. It's not about the shock or the twist or the uncertainty. It's about the quality. Unfortunately, going to romcom is by nature stale. I'd rather have 5 interesting and varied plots by 1 author than for him to constantly switch between good plots and romcom.
>>
Can a girl be called a virgin if she had sex and has a regenerative hymen?
>>
>>16668874
No, virgin is "no sexual experience", not "has a hymen".
>>
>>16668890
What if she loses her memory like that one eroge where she loses her memory and virginity is restored only to be raped again to experience the torture.
I forgot the name
>>
Any good moege recently?
>>
This is so stupid but I Iove it.
>>
>>16669026
Looking back, it's hard to deny Sca-ji meant this as a response to the major fault in Miyazawa's worldview. Or not really a fault, but an aspect of it that ultimately lead to Miyazawa's death.
>>
Is there a moege that you would recommend to a mostly scenario-ge only person?

The most I could really deal with was Little Busters (couldn't finish). Saku-uta seems fine so far, though. (Toritani route was hnnngg)
>>
>>16669170
Daito
>>
>>16669170
1) Saku Uta is not a moege
2) Daitoshokan, perhaps. It has good writing.
>>
>>16669172
Clearly it was for a scenario-ge connoisseur like him.
>>
>>16669172
Sakuuta is charage, same shit as moege.
>>
>>16669172
>>16669171
Thanks, I'll try it.
>>16669180
>scenario-ge connoisseur
Well, I tend to just fap to H-manga. The few times I tried to read moege I just ended up skipping to the H-scenes.
>>
>>16669186
This is pretty autistic so I'll only make the one post on the subject, but the term moege refers explicitly to games which focus on romantic relationships between a protagonist, male, and a heroine, female, chosen by the player, with everything else falling by the wayside if present at all. Sakura no Uta is definitely not like that. Romance is a theme, but not the primary and only focus.
>>
>>16669199
does sakuuta have a story? No, then its moege.
>>
>>16669234
I don't understand what you get from purposely acting stupid like this.
>>
>>16669199

It's actually not about romantic relationships. It's about the girls being "moe". With all the meanings that can have.
If the main focus would have to be romance, most "moege" wouldn't actually be moege. Daito is an easy example already. It barely bothers with romance to the point it's by far the weakest part of the game.
>>
File: int.png (2MB, 1274x768px) Image search: [Google]
int.png
2MB, 1274x768px
Riza looks much better in Ikabey than in the main game.
>>
>>16669711
>allage
>>
>>16668223
Eh, I think Akikuru is pretty damn horrible as a game even if you don't take Haru/Natsu into the equation. There's no reason for it to be 3MB when most of it is fluff.
>>
>>16668227
I will be eventually. It doesn't seem to be amazing but people say it's at least good (and has amazing ero apparently). It's probably not that long?
>>
>>16669900
Hardly a problem.
>>
Just started Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. I only watched the first few episodes of the anime many years back and remember it being shit. The VN's pretty enjoyable so far. There is some fun banter between all the three friends. Also the MC is also super relatable. He's a senior in high school who doesn't quite know what to do with his life. He feels left behind because one of his friends is going to a great university and the other is on track to a professional sports career. It's an uncertain time in one's life so that kind of adds to the atmosphere of the game. Upbeat so far, but also somewhat gloomy. Haruka, the girl who is in love with MC is definitely that one quiet innocent girl you want to protect. She is kind of too quiet but I hope that will change as she opens up to MC more.

And also I really like MC's friend. He's not an asshole, pervert, or guy that MC and his female friends use as a punching bag. Just a down to earth guy who I can see being friends with.
>>
>>16669962
Forced drama.
>>
>>16669967
Your mama is a forced drama.
>>
>>16669962
Prepare for massive amounts of drama, or get out while you still can.
>>
>>16669967
>>16669985
Damn, is it that bad? All I remember from watching the anime 10 years ago is that Haruka goes into a coma. Also apparently in one of the endings one of the girls pisses on MC and turns him into a crossdresser or something.
>>
>>16669995
Well the premise is that he then starts dating coma girls friend, and after 3 years coma girl suddenly wakes up and goes "stop dating my friend, date me instead again". You can imagine what drama comes from that. And it's not well executed like Koinaku, WA2 etc. either.
>>
Oh shit yeahr
>>
>>16670033
So then two out of three characters are huge pieces of shit. Great.
>>
File: BSZ_2017.03.05.18.59.57.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BSZ_2017.03.05.18.59.57.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>16668294
>>16668314
Every fucking time.
>>
>>16670437
the way they use schroedinger's catbox half the time you might as well just remove the poison/radiation timer entirely. "what's in the box? is it a cat? maybe it isn't! who knows! we'll never be able to know! woooo, spoooky!"
>>
>>16670437
Well yeah, it's just summoned everytime someone's talking about some experiment in quantum physics, lol.
In this pic it made sense even though it wasn't about a cat.Altough there was a cat gulping something harmful some time ago lol.
>>
>>16670480
>>16670497
>>
File: onigokko_03.jpg (228KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
onigokko_03.jpg
228KB, 800x600px
Done with the Kureha route in Onigokko.

My god was that fucking long. (feeling-wise) One of those cases where 200-300kb could've been cut or something. It's also a moege of sorts that tries to do some "plotge" at times, but isn't really sure what it wants to be. At first it's parody and then just typical forced drama? Basically everything the girl did makes no sense and is just "forced wrong" for drama sake and so the protagonist's actions seem all good. Black and white. It's like you read a route with a babyraging kid as a heroine.
But, in a way that fits. As for whatever reason they decided to give Kureha a massive gap, in that she's normally sharp-tongued and relatively strong-willed, but at times becomes a fucking squeeky cat of sorts that makes you think she's not even in grade-school. Of course that part gets more time as you get into the route. Rejoice lolicons? Hell if I know. Unfortunately this part is really not Aoba Ringo's strength. (it sounds fake as hell, but I doubt anyone could make THAT not sound fake..) She does a great job otherwise though. Recording sound level is all over the place though, for whatever reason. Way too quiet a lot of times.

Yeah. No. This wasn't good. The length made a way too long "status quo" where I've lost count on how many scenes existed where it seemed like something progresses, just for nothing to happen after all. And if you think that the length at least means the ero is well integrated and spaced? Nah. All 3.5 scenes are pretty much in one bundle.
>>
>>16670532
I just now realized it's the same dude that's been hammering out all those other reviews lately. Damn you read a lot. Do you have a vndb you don't mind sharing perhaps?
>>
File: 8f353350.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8f353350.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
So apparently you can get the girls to call you Daddy in the new Lovely Cation game.
>>
>>16670586
Who /daarin/ here?
May go for Dannasama though
>>
>>16670586
Daddy doesn't seem too bad but Father is a bit weird.
>>
On vndb, how are 'score' and 'popularity' calculated? There's 'rating' as well, but that seems to be the bayesian average of the votes
>>
>>16670602
I think it's under the context of you and the girl having a kid.
>>
>>16670607
Ah, that's alright then.
They're really covering a lot of ground aren't they. Maybe the next one will have you dealing with your kid's teenage years, empty nest syndrome, and then growing old together.

ha ha who am i kidding they'll stop the moment the girl stops looking hot
>>
Downloading the trial now. Should take around 30 min. I can upload it onto Mega if anyone wants it.
>>
>>16670637
They're anime girls. They'll never stop looking hot.
>>
>>16670651
>h scenes at 70
I'm not sure how to feel about this but my gut instinct tells me hhhluuurrgghhhfffff
>>
>>16670637
>Maybe the next one
There wont be a next time, they announced that this will be the last cation game.
>>
>>16668902
reminds me of planescape torment
"the mind forgets but the body remembers"
>>
>>16669294
This. And similarly there are a ton of romance eroge that aren't moege (probably the majority) despite people who call anything focused on romance "moege." Those people are wrong.
>>
>>16670437
>>
File: onigokko_02.jpg (125KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
onigokko_02.jpg
125KB, 800x600px
>>16670567

Well, I'm not doing all of the "reviews" here, but yeah, I'm reading a decent amount (currently), although I also skim parts I just don't care about. And especially recently I'm playing a lot of relatively short things, and/or stuff I just don't read all (or even most) routes. So it may seem like more than it ultimately is.

As for vndb, no, I don't use any lists or anything, in part because I don't feel like number rating. I'm mostly just posting here to collect my own thoughts and contribute to the thread a little.
>>
moshi moshi

rec me something where guys bang my slutty sister and send me the recordings desu
>>
File: badatfilenames.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
badatfilenames.png
2MB, 1600x900px
I remember looking at 見上げてごらん、夜空の星を after release and thinking.
Astronomy club and 3/4 heroines are osananajimi? Probably going to be a bit too generic and boring.
Well I decided to give it a shot and for sure it's generic, but not in the least bit boring. I think I'd forgotten how enjoyable a 'generic' VN could be. Nothing crazy, no unnecessary jaunts into fantasy land or contrived twists. I've seen it all before but I can still enjoy seeing all the same old cliches and characters when it's done well and served up in such an attractive package.
>>
Any good games with otaku girls? Preferably with lots of text involving her interests and not just some briefly mentioned quirk.
>>
is anyone else having issues connecting to EGS?
>>
>>16672144
Your IP might be banned, thats why I cant connect unless I use a VPN.
>>
>>16670729
Why? Are they going bankrupt too?
>>
>>16671002
Deep(yeah,not really)
>>
>>16672305
ip ban wtf japan
>>
>>16670638
I would appreciate it if you can. Its taking 8+ hours for me to finish mine.

>>16672451
Maybe theyre simply getting tired of making those type of games and want to try something new but at the same time why declare that it will be the last one? Whats the point?
>>
>>16668145
>raped by a time wizard out of nowhere
man this really went from 0 to 100 in no time, jesus christ
>>
>>
>>16672548
my IP is also banned. I just connect via mobile or use a VPN. If you need a free one get softether.
>>
>>16672451
>>16672557
I dont think its bankrupt; they didnt say its their last game, they have said that its the last "cation" game. Probably because of last cation games' sales they've thought that the industry got bored of it and want to get one more good sales with the "Last" advertising.

With Iizuki Tasuku's art and the new marriage thing they didn't have to do such a thing tho, I'm pretty sure it would and it will sell like pancakes.
>>
>>16672548
>>16672955
Use that omaera site instead. That's the easiest way.
>>
>>16672955
>>16672548
EGS always ban random non-jp ips, its nothing new. http://egs.omaera.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/
Use this one.
>>
File: 1440310068685.jpg (186KB, 757x800px) Image search: [Google]
1440310068685.jpg
186KB, 757x800px
Why do most eroge or nukige not properly show the proper way to please a women?
Most of the time it just hits the cervix and she orgasms rather than going around, like pic related.
Do japs not know how to sex?
Do the not know how far you can before hitting it?
>>
>>16673059
Sometimes it bothers me too. For example the MC doesn't reciprocate oral or just fucks them right away without any foreplay. I always got the impression that women need more foreplay and fondling and stuff to get off although men are usually satisfied with sex alone.
Also isn't hitting the cervix like that extremely painful?
>>
>>16673059
That image looks fake.
The description of pleasure sounds biased and unscientific, mainly pro big-dick and anti average dick of all things. A scientific infographic would not focus entirely on how the "average penis fails to reach the cervix", "leaving vital pleasure zones unstimulated."
I only post this autism because it included two logos on the top right to give it more credibility despite probably not being very credible. (I mean look at the two giant paragraphs describing how awesome the posterior fornix is)
>>
>>16673059

Most eroge aim for mental stimulation rather than just physical. Those obviously go hand in hand anyway, but it's idealized. Part of why you usually have the girls orgasm during their first time in eroge.
Also it's simply porn and no more than "ahn" and your usual phrases like "so big" or "so deep" in addition to the typical "weakspot" thing are necessary. Not like it's sex ed, although I find it not necessarily bad if some eroge do explore these things a bit. I'm glad not all of them do though. That'd be painful.
>>
So uh how do you search baidu? Trying to find two games and searching by their name + pan.baidu.com in the end doesn't get me anything
>>
>>16673101
This bothers me so much, that they just go straight to sex from kissing, I mean sure she can get wet from kissing but I don't think it's that much. Plus considering it's her first time you want things to go smoothly. No pun intended.

Why not go
>>
>>16673286
Try this

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%B0%D9%B6%C8%CD%F8%C5%CC

It seems to be the site for Baidu forums. So searching "pan.baidu [game name]" might be more effective there.
>>
>>16668241

>the first or second

haha holy shit you're new
>>
>>16672075

Read Rakuen. Seriously.
>>
>>16673324
No luck unfortunately. Oh well
>>
I haven't read things fate/stay and umineko and maybe some other things that have been translated because I normally see EOPs sperg over them and the autism distances me.

However are they decent?
Or are they only popular because they were translated?
>>
>>16673424
Check EGS / Japanese forums and see for yourself? Most of them get translated precisely because they're popular in Japan, not the other way around.
>>
>>16673424
The main problem with umineko is that it begins as a mystery but in the end it goes full "fuck mysteries, it's all about love and escapism". People also tend to dislike the writing, but for me it wasn't that bad.
Fate has some flaws like horrifyingly bad pacing, boring first route (second isn't much better, but somehow more interesting overall) and a lot of overwritten scenes. Some people hate Shirou as a protagonist, some think that he's decent. Overall I would say that fate worth a read just because of the last route and some other scenes. But if you just want to read something written by Nasu, I would recommend Mahoe, for me it was one of the most unique experiences among the visual novels.
>>
Hey guys, quick question: Himawari or Ruitomo, wich one should I read first? (Yeah, can't decided myself)
>>
>>16673657
They really have nothing to do with each other... but do Ruitomo because it's cooler. Don't forget the fandisc, you have to play both in one go.
>>
>>16673657

Flip a coin. Himawari is shorter though, if you count the fandiscs. On the other hand, it's also less likely to like Ruitomo I guess? I think I'm reading more negative opinion about it here than positive ones. And I myself didn't make it past the "prologue" yet either.
>>
https://youtu.be/5Pa8OU0dBLk
>>
>>16673286
What are you looking for?
>>
lovely cation trial upload where ;_;
>>
>>16673721
FYI there's already (two) games called lovely cation, you'll want to use niizuma cation or "the new cation" or something, not lovely cation.
>>
>>16670532
>Unfortunately this part is really not Aoba Ringo's strength.
Man, if most of Aoba Ringo's roles didn't have her cast in the high-pitched borderline screeching part of her range and not like how she was as Maya in Noble Works she would have easily been one of my favorite VAs.
>>
File: hmfd_02.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hmfd_02.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
>>16673925

I like her mostly for her roles in Hapymaher and Harukuru. In Fortissimo she voices a pretty meh character and there's Momiji, so that was kinda "eh" territory although it's also the "normal" voice. The higher loli ones I don't really like myself either.
That said, the Onigokko role is mostly her "normal" deeper voice. It's just when you play the girl's route she can get a little higher once in a while.. and then there's the "super high as fuck" catifying thing. You don't want to know how that sounds..

It's a shame, really. There's also a surprisingly low amount of works with a decent EGS. I recently checked which works I could read with her voicing a main-character and.. it was a staggeringly disappointing result.
>>
>>16673657
They're very different games. I personally loved Himawari and couldn't help but find RuiTomo really boring. The longer rants about the latter and its fandisc in the previous two threads are mine.
>>
>>16673992
If you like gameplay then DoD2 and Arterial are pretty good.
>>
>>16673662
>>16673684
>>16674035
Then I guess I'll do RuiTomo first, and if I'm too bored I'll stop and read Himawari. Worst case, I can juggle the two and read one, then when I'm bored read the other one.

Thanks.
>>
Natsu no Kusari is actually incredibly well written, I'm surprised.
>>
>>16674257
Perhaps 監禁ゲー are Asou Ei's 得意分野.
>>
Did anyone here read 初恋サンカイメ?
I want to read a good school/ pure love game and this cought my interest. I want to know if the routes and romance are good because I don't want to drop it halfway.
>>
>>16674346
Reception to it was pretty bad.
>I want to read a good school/ pure love game
Try these:
この青空に約束を―
恋色空模様
>>
>>16674346
Yurino's route was pretty bad, but I liked Himeka's and Miaski's. I enjoyed it quite a bit, so I wouldn't call it a bad game, but you shouldn't go in with high expectations.
>>
>>16674360
Thanks for the recommendation.
I was actually looking for 恋色空模様 but forgot its title.
>>
>>16674382
>I liked Himeka's
So her route was good? She is actually what got me interested in this game since I like cool Senpai type characters and she is voiced by Kawashima Rino. I guess I will only play her route then.
>>
File: suzumiya family.jpg (200KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
suzumiya family.jpg
200KB, 1024x600px
>>16669995

It pulled typical utsuge plot point where they put slice-of-life to make the reader likes the characters before dropping the drama bomb. At least unlike KEY, it has no sudden magical resolution or anything like that, so the drama feels 'realistic'. But not less forced though, because of MC's indecisiveness to choose between a girl early that drags the drama way, way longer than it should be regardless of your choice until near the end of the main story.

>>16669995

>So then two out of three characters are huge pieces of shit.

Nah, they aren't THAT bad, but problem is the 3 years timeskip with backstories that most can only be find late in the chapter 2, or on the extra content, (like how bad the MC's life went after the drama bomb dropped, or how the girlfriend's friend sacrificed everything just to take care MC's after his psyche breaks after she blames herself for the drama bomb that happened to MC and MC's girlfriend,) making most of the reader find them unlikable at the start.

Anyway, best heroine's family ever, bar none.
>>
>>16674524
I wish Magnum PI was my girlfriend's dad.
>>
>>16674062
What's DoD2?
>>
>>16674697
GoD2* oops, Gears of Dragoon. Too much Nier.
>>
>>16668145

Oh yeah, if you like it, make sure to listen to the drama-cd. After finishing it completely though. It's pretty good. I was actually surprised.
>>
File: self-discovery.jpg (253KB, 1286x768px) Image search: [Google]
self-discovery.jpg
253KB, 1286x768px
>>16674812
I'm surprised at how much I'm loving it, to be honest. It's the Groundhog Day VN I've always wanted, there's just so many fun options to choose from. For once it feels like I'm being given choices that I'd actually take if I was in that situation instead of being railroaded into the 'correct' path. I've gone through like 8 loops already just picking the random stuff the trip and the "evil" route were best so far and they've all been both fun and relatively fleshed out.

Plus the music's great, characters are fun, it's actually witty sometimes and not just silly-funny, Nia is best girl etc. etc.

If you're the guy who did the review for it on here a while back, thanks a lot. I haven't had this much fun with a vn in a while.
>>
>>16674812
Speaking of drama-cds, I have never listened any of them, just deleted after downloading from the torrents. Are they actually worth of listening, or is it pretty rare to find a good one?
>>
File: tojitasekai_00.jpg (326KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tojitasekai_00.jpg
326KB, 1280x720px
>>16674865

Yeah, that part is pretty nice, though the reason why I'd recommend the VN is actually not even chapter 2. It's one of the few works that got, in my opinion, both the fun and more serious parts right. Some of the later voice-acting performances were also great.
Well, you'll see. If you like these things however, I also recommend to actually save at the last choice and try all "endings". You'll know when that is from the story. If you like it, you'll probably be doing that anyway I suppose, but might as well mention it.
>>
>>16674876

I mostly did the same after getting a few "ahn~" ones. So I don't know. So far the tojita sekai one was the only one I'd actually consider really worthwhile. I'd assume that's rare for VN though, as most of those drama-cds are probably not written by the original author. This one however was.. I'd heavily assume.

Aside of that I'm listening to the Onigokko one right now, and that's.. quite alright. It's not "ahn~" nor cringe "let's talk with the listener", but simply random stuff. They enact traditional Japanese folktales with the cast which obviously ends all weird, which kinda fits with the main-theme of the game I guess. I wouldn't say you'd miss out skipping it, but it's not bad either.

So yeah, it depends I'd say. I try to check them by now at least.
>>
File: ascertain circumference.jpg (281KB, 1277x717px) Image search: [Google]
ascertain circumference.jpg
281KB, 1277x717px
>>16674896
Oh man, that's great to hear. I always get worried whenever I like a vn at the start since a lot of what I read ends up trailing off into a damp squib near the end.

I've been disregarding guides and just picking any and all choices and will probably continue to do so, but thanks. It feels more "right" to screw up and do things over and over again.

Is chapter 2 the biggest one? I haven't even touched any of the girls' routes yet besides the super-short Nia one and there's still a ton of content.
>>
>>16674876
I liked some of the Daito ones. And the Yuumi-focused Sakura no Uta one from Sofmap was pretty good.
>>
>>16674938

Chapter 2 is the longest, yes. As far as I know, you can't really miss anything except for an ero-scene with the blonde girl if you do her stuff "too late". At least the guide mentions that.
In other words aside of that, you can pretty much loop as much as you want. If you want everything, you should maybe look into a guide when you think you've tried everything and before "ending" chapter 2. (it's pretty obvious how that'll go when you can do it)

Though you could always just do another run of chapter 2 after clearing the game if you are interested in stuff you missed. If you want a little hint for something you could easily miss in regards to heroine "routes": Stuff may change even if you choose the exact same choices that led to the route/loop another time.
>>
>>16673706
わーすとコンタクト ~死神彼女と宇宙人~
and
びんビンッ!!~彼と彼女と貧乏な神様~
>>
>>16674994
>you can't really miss anything except for an ero-scene with the blonde girl if you do her stuff "too late"
Shit, do you know offhand how late is too late? I like her a fair bit, I just got led astray by shiny new choices.

I was messing around since I didn't think there would be anything permanently missable, but I guess it's Kagetsu Tohya v2.0 all over again. Was hoping I could do it blind but seems like every time I do that with a vn something goes wrong.
>>
>>16675029

I don't really know, but you said you only did side-routes, right? Should be alright as long as you just focus on her first. I have no idea what it is exactly you can miss, but I doubt it's very important. I.. wouldn't even be surprised if you can't actually miss it and the guide writer was just not capable of triggering things.
The guide actually had some mistakes in it, because they changed the order last minute which made some things not trigger as the guide says, but you could do it a bit differently. Kinda funny. So.. who knows how it works.
>>
>>16675136
It's not the maid outfit threesome with Nodoka is it? Because I just stumbled across that one right now and holy shit, that escalated quickly.

Ah well, you're probably right. I was going to do her route first anyway. I'll do all the choices I can and come back to it later if I feel like I missed something. Got to try and reign in that 100% completion autism anyway. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>16674257
Yeah, I was really impressed by it as well. In retrospect it seems like Asou was just really out of his element in SakuUta. I'd like to see him work on some crazy KeroQ game, he'd probably do well there.
>>
>>16674922
>>16674955
I see, thank you guys. So I guess in short its not worth enough to redownload stuff I already played and passed, but worth enough to give a try for the new ones.
>>
>>16673059
We're talking about a medium which is written by people who think the amount of semen pumped into a vagina has a determining effect on the chance of becoming pregnant and that a penis which had a lot of sex turns black.

Also, yeah that picture is pretty much bullshit. And I'm saying that as someone with an above average dick.
>>
>>16675234
>>16673059
>it's hitting my cervix, onii-chan!
this causes a great deal of pain to a woman.

pretty much anything you read in a porn powerpoint about how sex works should be taken with an ocean's worth of salt. and i'm about 92% positive i've seen that picture passed around minus the poorly shooped "proof" stamp before.

the weird thing is you can tell these charts are all made by dudes who are unhappy with their own dick size in order to make other dudes unhappy with their dick sizes.

it's best if 2D ways stick to 2D and 3D to theirs, without any cross-pollination.
>>
>>16672557
https://mega.nz/#!lFAQAAyK!2w1Q0EAiosryFIrkOfpvdUOlb3p5qXlwoRIPiTutEbg

新妻LOVELY×CATION trial for anyone that wants it
>>
>>16675285
I love you.
>>
>>16675285
Thanks
>>
I just got around to playing 残念な姉 and while the bad route is pretty awful, I really did like Nene. Anyone got any anege recommendations with someone as dere as her? Bonus points for a little yan/menhera.
>>
>>16675820
>while the bad route is pretty awful
You mean pretty awesome.
>>
>>16676003
Really? I felt the protagonist just letting Nene burn the house with the family members inside pretty hard to swallow. Same for letting Nene just off herself. The development felt too unnatural for me.. Nene's CGs were pretty top notch though.
>>
>>16675282
I read a bunch of posts on /gif/ and most women (no memes please) who related their experience of being fucked by big dicks seemed to be bothered by it. Something about how it ended up hurting themselves for the most part. And even men with big dicks complaining that when they fucked petite women, they would ask him to stop because of the pain and it sucked.
>>
>>16675004
never heard of em
>>
>>16675004
Welp. I have hundres of eroge in my hard drives but those are not in it. They don't look like stuff I'd have in the first place though.
>>
>>16675004
I have Worst Contact that I can upload later. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it's cool to see someone else interested in non color's games.
>>
>>16677404
where did you get it from
>>
>>16677428
No idea. I've had it for like two or three years.
>>
>>
Can I jump straight into Gears of Dragoon 2? Since I heard the story is more serviceable and the gameplay just plain better.
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (142KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
142KB, 1024x600px
>>16674524

Crap, second quote meant for >>16670321

Oh, and there is unlockable what-if story that revolves if the drama bomb never happened, and it ends just like a normal moege. Honestly, it's refreshing after I witnessed the drama on the main story. Short, but still a nice bonus on the top of the after-story that unlocked after finishing one of the three main girl route.

Have more best dad.
>>
>>16677666
>strv 122
wew lad
>>
>>16677773

I had no issues. But the story is really shit (probably worse than Eushully stuff even), and the gameplay unbalanced as fuck as well. (either random encounters are boring as fuck, or they are fine and bosses are impossible. You can't choose a "just right" difficulty)

So, depending on what you want, you may as well look elsewhere. The battle-system is actually really nice, the equipment system also works for the most part. The battles I fought that were actually balanced were a blast. Unfortunately that gets more and more rare as you continue on and you get in this shitty state where you either get bored in dungeons, or walled by a boss with no middle-ground. (you get even warned in its wiki to be careful with this.. I don't understand why they didn't fix this to be honest)
>>
What's the deal with ripping tights duribg sex?
Why not take them off?
>>
>>16678458
Takes longer and isn't as hot.
>>
>>16678460
If i was a girl I'd be pissed, plus don't they take off clothes for some sex scenes doesn't that take longer?
>>
>>16678458

What's with all the unprotected sex? Are they all morons?

Just.. don't ask.
>>
>>16675004
The second one is on clubbox.
>>
I can't seem to get Eternal Fantasy anywhere, anyone got a link or something?
>>
Does Sakura no Uta fuck with the reader as much as Subahibi does? Is there a Tsui no Sora 2 equivalent in SakuUta?
>>
>>16679556
no
>>
>>16679556
yes
>>
>>16678458
This reminds me of Ayumi Sara in Otome Domain's radio saying that she always burst out laughing whenever she had to do scenes like that. As a tights lover I also think it's hilarious in a bad way, it kind of kills the suspension of disbelief.
>>
File: C6CVE6gUYAErnSb.jpg (222KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C6CVE6gUYAErnSb.jpg
222KB, 1200x675px
>>
That one title you almost never see anyone ever talking about it, but it's one of your favorites. What's the name, /jp/?
>>
>>16681147
A rec post? Don't mind if I do.
ボクの彼女はガテン系
>>
File: concept_img1.png (153KB, 581x305px) Image search: [Google]
concept_img1.png
153KB, 581x305px
I wonder if this will create as much buzz as the Orcsoft game with the black couple did.
>>
Anyone knows if the Marble Candy Soft team has stopped making games? They didn't release anything in 2016 and their lolige were top notch.
>>
File: アマツツミ.jpg (919KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
アマツツミ.jpg
919KB, 1920x2160px
You guys weren't kidding when you said Hotaru was best girl. I love her already.
>>
>>16681219
why does this have like 5 different titles?
>>
>>16681219
oh jp u and ur NTR games
>>
>>16681286
The design of the guy looks pretty goofy. That's most of the buzz I saw about it. Before he was revealed I actually thought he was going to be a negro just like Bob-san from preliminary descriptions but he looks like some almost misshapen guido metrosexual. Also, the orcsoft one has some more prevailing aspects in regards to the cultural climate here at least.
And speaking of orcsoft, I think I'm looking more forward to their new game than anim's.
>>16681810
It has four different titles for each chapter in it. Then there's a separate successor series that has a similar title. Why? Because.
>>
>>16681219
That one used to get talked about quite a bit. Maybe it's just too old at this point.
>>
File: Manual04.jpg (1MB, 2106x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Manual04.jpg
1MB, 2106x1480px
I've been having trouble with my internet connection so I hope this works.

How to fuck the loli mom in Onii-chan Kiss
https://vndb.org/v18694

I don't know if all these steps are necessary but just in case I would try them all. You need this code, enter it on the code page in the option's menu
http://tinkle-position.com/onikiss/hahapatch/
いつうき

That will take you to this page which gives you the next set of instructions
http://tinkle-position.com/onikiss/b605339/

From there it tells you to enter the letters on the left of the text bubble of the manual on page 5 as shown in the image. In case my copy won't upload the てすとま Don't mind that the letters are in katakana on the page, they need to be written in hiragana. That'll take you to the download page
http://tinkle-position.com/onikiss/a779463/

Download it, unzip it, patch it, and the mother's route becomes available.
>>
>>16682119
Oh, crap, I missed 2 steps because of stupidity. After you enter the first code you have to go to Extras エクストラ on the title menu. The second to last button on the left becomes available to click omake オマケ

Clicking THAT will take you to the page. After you enter the second code てすとま the final omake button on the left becomes available to click which takes you to the actual download page.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
>>16681147
panical confusion
i really like the game and its best lucky sukebe game I've played. Also its probably the only game where i like two of the girls the exact same way.

I really want more people to play it I've been thinking of translating it.
>>
>>
>>16682142
Looks like a dumb moege with 3 extremely generic looking heroines and 4 fucking different writers. You'll have to do some heavy lifting to pull this one into an attractive light.
>>
>>16682142
You're gonna have to explain yourself.
>>
File: 1460224197454.png (93KB, 799x567px) Image search: [Google]
1460224197454.png
93KB, 799x567px
In Hatsusaku, should you do the subcharas in column 3 or are they not important?
>>
Apparently the RPCS3 emulator can do Chaos;Child. Kind of pointless now since it's on PC but hey it's something. I wonder how it would do with Utaware 2+3, anyone knows?
>>
>>16682592
I doubt it. The last time I tested it couldn't even boot any game. Plus I've never seen any emulator that is nearly as difficult to config.

Meanwhile Xenia (X360 emulator) can already run every VN published by 5pb almost perfectly.
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRhboXbEw5c
>>
>>16682777
Yeah but 360 has no games. Can it run Vesperia?
>>
>>16682788
>Vesperia
Well I don't even have the iso for that game, so I have no idea. 360 isos are pretty damn hard to find since most of the links are dead.
>>
I wanted to make >>>/u/2283231 run.
It definetly worked on my previous PC on Win7 (have Win10 now) and in the webm further down it works in Compatibility Mode on Win10 by some guy.
Does someone have a clue what I am missing?
Have schemata and Region set to Japan.
>>
>>16682931
Probably because you accidentally downloaded the English version.
>>
Yuuri route in Natsukumo Yururu is so god damn boring compared to hanging out with shovel loli at the start of the game. I about want to drop this game and move onto Akikuru instead, but I hear that game is even worse. What to do, what to do...
>>
>>16682943
Not sure how you can think that while getting through Himeka's route. It's not that long, action packed and just before the true route.
And forget Akikuru if you think any part of Haru/Natsu is boring because it's those SoL parts exemplified at twice the length.
>>
>>16682937
there is no English Version
>>
Sugarful Tempering is winning February's Moe Game Awards. Not surprising.
http://moe-gameaward.com/ranking/index.html?year_id=2017&month_id=02
>>
>>16683014
Eh?
There are games released in February?
>>
>>16683014
Anyone here finished playing it? How is it?
>>
>>16683195
it was pretty short
>>
>>16683195
It's exactly what it says on the can. A below average moege where nothing happens.
>>
>>16683225
>>16683228
Sounds like exactly what I want then.
>>
File: syugaten_2017-02-24_17-15-40.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
syugaten_2017-02-24_17-15-40.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>16683231
>>
File: 6186-1352765879.png (1MB, 1028x729px) Image search: [Google]
6186-1352765879.png
1MB, 1028x729px
>>16682364
>>16682351
>dumb moege
>generic

It's decent i like the characters, the art and lucky sukebe used.
Its like a nukige but instead of the sex scenes you get tons of lewd scenes. Plus i really liked the two main girls, Nanoha for her genki personility that stood out fron other genki girls in games i played and Honoka is that tsundere that isn't that annoying but really cute.

It was pretty generic for story except for finding a cure but some scenes like outraping a tentacle monster was surprising.

Its a 6.5 or 7 mainly from the art
https://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/game.php?game=21304
>>
>>16683237
>プレイ時間中央値 10時間
This should've been your selling point. It's a lot easier to accept dumb games when they're short, but most eroge are unfortunately way too long.
>>
>>16683663
I will try it. Typical sex scenes that are always just penetration are boring to me, so maybe random lewd scenes will be more exciting.
>>
http://pastebin.com/EicM13cK
Here is my translation of the first 10 minutes of Baldr Force. I will be glad if you could look through it and tell whether it's readable at least (I'm not native).
If quality of the translation itself could be evaluated, It would be great, too, but I guess I'm asking too much here.
You can also abide by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcOSB1qaDs
A translated section is 2:32 - 14:38.
>>
>>16683195
Only finished the Koori route so far, but it really feels like they were on a very tight budget.

There are only 7 characters with character sprites. There are two characters that talk a lot, but they don't have any sprites. Then there are a bunch of named shopkeepers that don't appear a lot, but they're basically caricatures, so giving them sprites would've been fun too.
After the ending credits of Koori's route, there's a short "a few years later" scene. But they didn't want to make new sprites for that, so you just have to characters talking with an empty background on the screen until it switches to the final CG.

They wanted to avoid having to make a ton of backgrounds as well. In the house you only ever see Koori's and the protagonists room, but never Meru's room or the bathroom. In the hospital you only see the reception hall, and never the room of Meru's grandfather, etc...

The gallery has an extra page that lists only the SD/Chibi CGs...but there are only 5 of them in the whole game, even though there were quite a few comedic scenes that could've used some.

Btw, the guy in >>16683237 is her father and nothing objectionable happens there, it's just the other characters misunderstanding things
>>
>>16683890
Just by skimming a bit both the Japanese understanding and English are very... unserviceable. I don't even know how lines like
>支社とはいえ、その構造体(ストラクチャ)は会社の規模を誇るかのように無駄に大きく、周囲の構造体群を圧倒している。
>Why else would anyone build skyscraper so high if not for boasting about his company sizes?
happened. On top of this you have a very weird way of using ellipses and punctuation in general. You need a lot more experience in both English and Japanese lit before attempting something like this again. I also recommend checking out stuff by other translators (outside of the VN sphere) to see how they deal with phrases and such.
>>
Has anyone read the doujin game Humanity here?
I thought the trial was pretty funny and liked it.
My main problem with it, though, was rarely it was serious. It was a ton of gags, and only at the very end did it get serious. I'm interested in buying the whole game, but I honestly would feel really bummed if every route has a similar composition of gags outweighing seriousness by a huge amount. Not to mention, the one route in the trial was pretty short, if every route was like that, then 8 hours of the game would be free and only 2 hours paid, which would feel somewhat like a waste of money.

As a side note, the author was Hato, who was also the scenarist for Noraneko. I didn't finish Noraneko, I did one route (Patricia) to fap to the excellent art and then dropped it. So as you can imagine my opinion was negative. Yet, I quite liked Humanity. So I'm conflicted. Do people generally think Noraneko was good? I may have looked at it with too much bias, considering I wasn't a fan of the narrator, and the amount of boobs and boke in the common route made me approach the game with a "this is lowbrow, dumb humour game". May have to retry it if it's actually as good as Humanity.
>>
>>16683890

I don't think this is the thread for it, ask DJT. But I opened it and looked at the first sentence:

>It's only by experiencing it yourself that such feeling can be apprehended.

Putting aside that it would be phrased as either "such feelings" or "such a feeling" and not just "such feeling", the part with "apprehended" does not make sense. You probably were going for "comprehended". Like >>16683943 said you need to work on your English, ideally you should be close to if not at native level before attempting any literary translation. If you are itching to fan TL something just for kicks then go for some manga, standards are fairly low and there are plenty of series that English-speaking fans would love to see picked up.
>>
>>16683890
Ask Conjueror if you want to follow his footsteps. This has no place in this thread. But lol at how at bad you are. I'm not a native speaker either, but even I can see it.
>>
>>16683946
Noraneko is the best thing that falls under the "moege" label out there imo. But if you didn't like the common I'm not sure you'd like it now. The routes are the weaker parts, and the humor is what makes it good.

Btw, you could check out Dear world -Re.- by the same group/writer. I haven't read it but I saw it while stalking some peoples profiles on EGS who rated it pretty highly.
>>
>>16683943
>>16683957
>>16683965
Thank you for outlining main problems, I will definitely try to improve my skills!
>>
>>16683967
There's some idea I heard that if one thinks/wants something to be bad, they'll start considering to be bad even if it isn't. That may have happened to me. I remembered liking the humor in the beginning but once boobs started appearing everywhere my opinion turned for the once. I read it at release over a year ago so I think by now, with a fresh mind, I may be able to appreciate it more. But, yeah, having read the common route it'd be awkward to try and re-read it, or just try to read the routes.

As for Dear World, I would want to finish Humanity first, but I do intend to read more by this author. At the very least, he's made me laugh, which is enough for me to pursue more of his works.
>>
>>16683980

By the way you are clearly skilled enough at English to understand what people are saying and everything. Just wanted to say you are not at a level to attempt translation yet. Good job on coming this far and good luck in the future. Try asking DJT next time though.
>>
>>16683989
Well the sequel is coming out this year, so you could always wait for that too I guess if you want a "fresh" experience. There's also Harukazes first title but what I heard about it isn't too great, though the characters look cute.
>>
>>16683967
>Noraneko is the best thing that falls under the "moege" label out there imo.
With the awful routes? No way in hell.
>>
>>16684041
I'm glad you share a different opinion anon. That's what makes us unique after all.
>>
>>16683946
I don't think it's surprising for a writer's doujin work to be different from their commercial work. There's a lot more creative freedom involved in the former in most cases.
>>
>>16683946
Noraneko is generally well liked it seems, yes. It'll get a sequel for that reason.
>>
>>16683890
way too literal, almost like a transliteration.
>>
I got to the first delusion trigger in C;C and this might be a stupid question but... how do I pick one? No matter which side I click on the same scenario plays out. Tried quick loading a few times and clicking in random places but no success
>>
>>16684282
Z/C for left/right
>>
>>16684296
Keyboards keys heh, thanks.
>>
>>16683993
I have one more translation of a short horror VN (https://vndb.org/v15626).
http://pastebin.com/vAMjyVik
>>
>>16684357
>literally kusoge
Into trash it goes.
>>
>>16684357
Again, it's too literal, the phrasing is stilted. Translation is an art and your artistry needs work.
>>
>>16684407
What about grammar?
>>
>>16682119
>>16682137
Thanks a lot.
>>
>>16684296
Do you perhaps also know if it's possible to zoom in on those @chan segments? With my bad eyes I really have to squint...
>>
>>16684444
I don't think game lets you do that, but try pressing random keyboard buttons (Except e since that's skip) to see if anything works.
>>
>>16684444
Windows-key + plus-key on the numpad
>>
>>16683943
This got me thinking. Translation seems actually pretty difficult. Never gave it much thought before, but that example sentence you laid out seems difficult to put into English without sounding awkward. I'm a native speaker, but I've never been good at writing so that may be why, but it's interesting to see the gap between just understanding and translating.
>>
>>16684918
japanese <-> english is particularly bad in that stuff needs to be pretty much rewritten due to the languages being constructed in such radically different ways, but if you mention the word "rewrite" people will swarm out from the woodwork to tell you that is the greatest evil you can commit. but there's really no other way to put it.

you want to get the closest thing possible to what the author intended to convey, with all the connotations and denotations and assorted vague feelings attached. which means you gotta know the work itself incredibly well plus both languages well enough to be able to sift through dozens of possible constructions/synonyms until you find whatever best matches what you can only hope the original meant to convey.

of course that's if you want to do a *good* translation. if you just want passable, jumble around the words in a sentence until it's grammatically correct.

>http://quarterlyconversation.com/the-michael-emmerich-interview
this is a real interesting interview with a guy who does j>e translations on the difficulties and nuances of it, and even the man himself has trouble describing what's involved. worth a read if you find this stuff interesting (like I do)
>>
oh shit playing that trial for the new lovely cation game and it has some awesome effects...
it's like i'm actually in real life haha!
>>
Did bbspink get a new layout or am I missing something? Cant say im a fan if thats the case.
>>
>>16685008
Shit, you make it sound pretty interesting. Thanks I'll check it out sometime.
>>
>>16685179
Yeah apparently. It's hard to look at.
>>
>>16685218
>>16685223
I don't like the slut reminding me I'm on an ero site.
>>
>>16685179
I remember not liking BBSpink's layout before but this one isn't too bad.
>>16685515
She's really hot so I don't mind.
>>
>>16685218
it's a 下手の横好き passion of mine so pardon me if i sperg out a bit, but it's the kind of thing that seems like it should be straightforward at first glance but then the more you get into it the more you realize how much is involved.

if you're bored and want to get a feel for it, try taking a scene you like from a favourite vn and turning into english/your native language and you'll probably understand better than just reading about it.

getting the basic events down is easy; trying to keep the same "feeling" that you'd get from reading it in the original japanese is the real hair-puller.
>>
>>16685694
I feel to appreciate the depth of translation one needs to have well honed literary skills which I unfortunately don't have (in either language) to really understand the passion, but I can definitely see academic curiosity in it.
>>
>>16685732
that's understandable, it's more of an art than a science. at least when you're translating fiction; legal documents and news articles and business-related stuff is a whole other story.

the unfortunate thing is that while yes it is usually difficult and complex and requires a lot of head-scratching and such, there's so many bad examples of people in the J->E fantranslation (or even official) scenes half-assing it that it gets hard to defend the actual process. and that's not even getting into cases where who knows what the actual translator put out because after the editor has been at it with a hacksaw and several gallons of red ink, there's nothing left but stale memes and excessive swearing.

but whoops, my tangents are flying off on their own, onii-chan. anyway yeah. it's an interesting rabbit hole to go down, but it's a deep one, full of spikes.
>>
>>16685179
I use Jane Style so I didn't notice but oh my god this is fucking horrible. This is hell. What the fuck is Jim thinking? If they redesign 2ch all hell will break loose.
>>
>>16685783
Not him but I used to translated a book for a publisher in my native language (a big one to boot), and what you said is pretty much spot on.

Basically I was translating an English book about online marketing, so I tried to make my TL sound as natural as possible while conveying what the author wanted to say. However, the editor didn't just edit the hell out of my translation, but also forced me to edit it the way she wanted before giving it to her.

The worst part about that editor is that she tried to copy the grammatical structure of the English language (i.e. each sentence has to have the same number of comma and shit) despite the two languages being radically different. What came out after that is something that sounds like alien language to me. I have no idea how the editor got her position. She clearly didn't study translation, yet insisted on keeping the author's writing style (which is impossible) by forcing one grammar system into another.
>>
>>
File: 1475870959460.png (143KB, 2024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1475870959460.png
143KB, 2024x1432px
>>16686763
that's an interesting but depressing story. you get the feeling most editors don't know a lick of the original language, so the whole thing just gets scrubbed clean of any flavor the original might've carried in favor of rigid adherence to conventions.

bleh. reminds me of /a/'s endless warring over translation issues, when everyone's screaming over how 'wrong' something is and not a single one of them know any japanese. dunning-kruger effect at its finest.

but i guess i'm wandering off topic again.

man, トリコロニー is damn good. being able to redo a girl's "route" knowing the right things to say this time around is enjoyable as hell.
>>
File: 1468807249425.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468807249425.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>16686905
>man, トリコロニー is damn good.
>look it up
>see this
God damn, this is the best LEGS CG I've ever seen. Face is actually pretty cutely drawn as well for once.
>>
>>16686974
Yeah I'm not gonna lie that CG had some degree of influence on me picking it up. No regrets so far.

and do you ever get some fun options with her oh boy oh jeez oh man
>>
>>16686905
>bleh. reminds me of /a/'s endless warring over translation issues, when everyone's screaming over how 'wrong' something is and not a single one of them know any japanese. dunning-kruger effect at its finest.
what?
did they seriously do that while not knowing jap?
>>
>>16687134
always.
i mean half the time it's just butthurt over someone daring to use slang or colloquialisms (because as we all know the japanese never use those) and the other half the translations genuinely are kind of shit, but

it hurts to read. a lot of people angrily yelling about things they don't know anything about. but they can tell, oh they just *know* it feels *wrong*. or people who genuinely want literal translations. people who see nothing wrong with the phrase "as expected of ___!". etc. etc.
>>
File: さすが.png (390KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
さすが.png
390KB, 1200x675px
>>16686905
To be fair, Gabriel Dropout's subs are hilariously bad to the point that even simple phrases gets turned into some sort of thematic pun in a poor attempt from the translator to slam his clever heaven and hell jokes into the dialogue.
Pic related, this was translated from sasuga vigne.
>>
>>16687355
That's fine, though.
The idea isn't just rewriting hard lines to maintain X goal, but rewriting everything in general to be X goal when possible.
Gabriel's problem is that 1) Anime has audio and EOPs can listen to it and tell what's going on behind the curtains which upsets them, and 2) The translation being so good, in fact, that the EOPs starved for quality translations can tell in a second something's wrong (i.e. right).
>>
>>16687382
That's exactly why that translation is not "fine", you can't really translate that freely in a medium where you can actually hear what they are saying.
Besides, I think the translation goes a bit too far in terms of creative freedom but I will let that pass as (shit) taste.
>>
>>16687515
>That's exactly why that translation is not "fine", you can't really translate that freely in a medium where you can actually hear what they are saying.
Uh what? That doesn't make any sense. The medium is irrelevant because the target audience doesn't know the language spoken. The "medium" never affects how you translate something.
>>
>>16687515
>That's exactly why that translation is not "fine", you can't really translate that freely in a medium where you can actually hear what they are saying.
Normally I'd understand what you mean, but the people critiquing the translation aren't saying "this would be good if I didn't know sasuga in Japanese!", they're saying it's bad in general.
>>16687529
Well, that's not entirely correct. Translations are affected by audio in games, for instance, the FFX translation wrote the English dialogue (which was then spoken) to match with Japanese lip synching, which they wouldn't have had to do in most other mediums. Nowadays the lipsyncing is just changed to match the English, though.
>>
Take it to a translation thread or something, guys. None of this has anything to do with eroge.
>>
>>16686974
What torrent did you use to get the game? I've been downloading the girlcelly one from nyaa for the last few days but it's stuck at about 70%.
>>
>>16686772
Is my Nihingo shit, or this game doesn't make sense alot of times?
>>
>>16688351
Can you elaborate? If you don't understand that screenshot it's probably your Japanese. If you're talking about overall game no it's normal, you're not supposed to understand shit until very end.
>>
>>16688372
I meant the screenshot. I don't get half of the jokes and some conversation the characters make. The Japanese in this is too high level I guess.
>>
>>16688548
It's not a complex joke by any means, but it's definitively a sign you should brush up your japanese and come back to it later.
>>
Thoughts on Sakura Strasse?
>>
>>16686772
What do I have to read in order to understand Tanaka's "The Farthest End"?
>>
>>16688886
My diary desu
>>
I have a pretty large backlog of VN titles in a text file and I kind of want to rearrange them in a way so that they have the number of EGS votes / median etc. on the side but ugh it's too much effort...
>>
Did anyone here read 月影のシミュラクル? I dont have a good experience with Applique games but the opening is really good
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jUXVRP9NR5E
>>
>>16688886
If you hope to comprehend it on anything more than a surface level, you need to be intimately familiar with Japanese history and literature, as well as have a post-graduate level understanding of continental philosophy and modern physics. That should be a good start.
>>
>>16688886
To properly appreciate the themes involved, you need to have lived in postwar Japan with the feelings of shame and defeat associated with it, and to have suffered severe abuse and neglect as a child, both from society and your fellow children.
>>
Is this uploaded anywhere?
J.Q.V人類救済部~With love from isotope~ Lost Route エデンの証明
>>
>>16689267
Is this trolling or actually true? I'm not him but I'm also interested in reading this and if this is true it kind of cools off my interest.
>>
File: 1461022786190.jpg (24KB, 258x263px) Image search: [Google]
1461022786190.jpg
24KB, 258x263px
>>16689537
>>
File: 1487001114946.png (244KB, 319x394px) Image search: [Google]
1487001114946.png
244KB, 319x394px
>>16689537
>>
>>16689540
>>16689572
Nice /a/ reaction images
>>
>>16689584
Second one's from a visual novel my dude
>>
File: 132.png (125KB, 239x227px) Image search: [Google]
132.png
125KB, 239x227px
>>16689537
>>
>>16689589
obscure girl right here
>>
>>16689594
Hello World from Nitroplus is not obscure. Maybe for EOPs.
>>
>>16689599
I bet most of the people here haven't read it though.
>>
>>16689587
Nekopara is /a/, Twitch and normie material.
>>
>>16689609
Well, you're right there.
>>16689617
That's just your silly opinion. Doesn't mean much. Can't wait for Dies irae to become /a/ and normie material for you.
>>
File: 32132145.png (123KB, 188x363px) Image search: [Google]
32132145.png
123KB, 188x363px
>>16689537
>>
>>16689624
I read most of it aside from Haruka route, but whatever.
>>
>>16689231
It's good, though a bit short.
I like Applique game in general.
Tasogare no Sinsemilla and Hana no No ni Saku Utakata ni is very good.
>>
>>16689630
He said most, not all; you're a special anon.
>>
>>16689633
I'm pleased, thanks.
>>
>>16689537
There's a reason why the guy is known as Romeo "& Juliet" Tanaka.
>>
>>16689624
>Can't wait for Dies irae to become /a/ and normie material for you.
Me neither. I hate it and its fans anyway.
>>
>>16689661
Glad we established you as a contrarian with shit taste.
>>
Jesus christ, all I wanted was to make a silly joke on the guy who said "Tanaka's Cross Channel" some threads ago.
>>
File: 1469018440456.png (221KB, 473x483px) Image search: [Google]
1469018440456.png
221KB, 473x483px
>>16689669
>>
>>16689663
Glad I established you as a emotional sissy who's unable to cope with different opinions.
>>
>>16689669
Wanting to do something in the first place was your first mistake.
>>
>>16689690
I'm not a buddhist, thanks.
>>
大袈裟に言ってしまうと、最果てのイマを真に理解する為には哲学、倫理学、社会学、政治学、心理学、情報学などの知識が必要です。学術書の引用も出てきます。
>>
Anyone here read 悪の教科書 Textbook Of Evil? It's a freeware doujin game, only 200MB~ big and gets pretty nice reviews on EGS.

Download in case anyone is curious
http://southerncross.sakura.ne.jp/circle/sundervolt.html
>>
>>16689669
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the person who responded to you was just making fun of Subahibi circlejerkers like m**gy who think you can't "understand" it unless you've published at least 3 books on Wittgenstein.
>>
>>16687355
I'm glad other people find it as revolting as I do. I don't go on /a/ much so I wouldn't know if they detest the subs over there. I watch anime with subs 19 times out of 20 despite being able to understand the dialogue 99% of the time, but the subs for that show were so bad I had to turn them off. It's just atrocious.
>>
>>16689890
>I watch anime with subs 19 times out of 20 despite being able to understand the dialogue 99% of the time
Sure thing bud.
>>
File: nanatsu_01.jpg (314KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nanatsu_01.jpg
314KB, 1280x720px
Priorities.
>>
>>16689890
I don't personally see the point. If you can understand the dialog, why confuse yourself with having two inputs?
>>
How long is Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo? It's listed as 1.69MB but EGS says 30 hours. Same with Parfait at 1.36MB but 25 hours.
>>
>>16690112
Because it can be annoying the small percentage of the time where I don't understand a word or two. Honestly though its mostly because its just a habit and I never stopped doing it from back when I actually needed to. This show might be the impetus I needed to get me to stop entirely.
>>
File: アマツツミ.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
アマツツミ.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What an innocent MC.
>>
>>16675004
Had some uploading issues. If you haven't died of old age yet here's Worst Contact:
https://mega.nz/#!owBFEAxL!2e-zVPefAQwQ9AqMPP338wzxiwUQ6jYmyR75fc2yWEU

>>16690127
I'm not seeing the issue. Both measures give a similar ratio. Or are you saying the hours/MB for both of those games doesn't match the results of that formula that tells you exactly how long a game will take you to read based on its script size? I lost the formula so I can't check myself.

But for what it's worth 30 hours sounds about right for Konnyaku.
>>
>>16690263

My font rendering must be screwed up somehow because it always looks choppier than in your screenshot there.
>>
>>16690372
Do you have Humanity from the same circle, noncolor? It's been... very hard to look for anything due to the title. Close to just buying the game.
>>
>>16690408
I don't, sorry.
>>
>>16690384
If it helps I'm using the IPAexゴシック font. None of the others looked good enough for me.
>>
>>16690064
Man, that one had some absurdly well-drawn hair in the CGs. Especially for the blonde.
>>
>>16690372
It's usually 100 KB = 1 hour according to natives so something seemed off. If 30 hours sounds right thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>>
File: omae wa mou moeru.jpg (243KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
omae wa mou moeru.jpg
243KB, 1280x719px
finished トリコロニー, good end.

don't want to gush too hard so I'll sleep on it to gather my thoughts first before doing an actual review, but christ that was pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a vn.

oh and 10/10 imouto with 11/10 voice acting.
>>
>>16689457
A-Anyone? I really want to read this.
>>
>>16690675
Pretty sure there're a lot of variables so it's not going to be that cut and dried. Even among native speakers reading speeds vary a lot.
>>
>>16689457
I can confirm that it is, in fact, uploaded somewhere.
>>
>>16690675
That's a very large overestimation.
>>
>>16691497
I looked in the usual places and didn't find it, I wanted to make sure it's uploaded before looking in threads archive. Anyway thanks.
>>
File: 2017-03-10_19-57-17.webm (3MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-10_19-57-17.webm
3MB, 800x600px
>>
>>16690675

60kb=1hour average. The longer the game, the more the average hour-count on EGS lowers. Also the more "early stopping" people hurt it. It's all simple math, but someone who has fun enough with reading a game for 5 hours, drops it and votes, obviously doesn't hurt a 6hour game much at all, while a 50 hour game suffers more. And as a rule of thumb: The longer a game, the more likely is it for people to skip things, skim things or drop the whole thing as well. This is why you see most 3+mb works sit at 40hours. And this is also why most games within 10-20 hours average on EGS are pretty accurate, provided most actually read everything. Above 20 and it gets very inaccurate fast. (i.e. Akatsuki no Goei has pretty fine numbers for the first game and its fandisc, but the second game having 50% more text than the first one sits at only a 20% higher average time.)

All that said, I never encountered something, where the avg hour-count is much higher than the scriptsize leads to believe. If that's the case, there's usually gameplay or something else going on. (i.e. massive duplicated content that's not auto-skipable could be an answer, or a SLOW AS FUCK system. Or plenty of text on images which is not part of the "script file") No idea if the script-sizes are even correct though.
>>
File: tojitasekai_08.jpg (262KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tojitasekai_08.jpg
262KB, 1280x720px
>>16691273

Yes, the imouto voice-acting towards the end gave me chills. The actress is way underused.
Make sure to see all endings. My favorite one was probably the imouto one, but all of them are fun in their own twisted way. Still, I don't think there's much better than becoming immortal, while getting to have a whole damn lot of sex with Nia and Korone every day. Sure it may grow old at some point, but then you get to have some fun the Nia way. Sounds good to me.
>>
>>16691273
Eagerly awaiting the review.
>>
>>16690064
>>16690660
i like this hair but the girl's face on the right is badly done, also it seems their eyes are too far apart
>>
>>16691637
How fast do people here (non-natives) read? I'm at around 20-30kb/hour but I'm fairly new to the language.
>>
File: nanatsu_00.jpg (284KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nanatsu_00.jpg
284KB, 1280x720px
>>16691690

It's a bit of a weird style for sure. The backgrounds and details are pretty stunning though. Right girl generally looks derpy, especially her front-view. Side (as in that screen) is still much better looking.

Well, blonde girl looks fine.
>>
File: 1468413832485.png (827KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468413832485.png
827KB, 800x600px
>>16690064
>>16691758
Oh hey I was like "this looks a bit like Asuseka" and sure enough it's the same artist. Though I find Asuseka prettier.
>>
Does Phantom Integration not work on Windows 8.1 or something? Nothing happens when I click the exe. Tried compatibility mode
>>
>>16691722

That depends on what you read and how. I also read at 20-30/hour if I enjoy something a good amount, listen to all the voice-acting, at times even twice or thrice, think a bit about what I read every now and then, take screenshots, post on 4chan.. you know the idea. Okay, that's not really pure "reading" but essentially part of the experience of the work. I even just read an article about Tuberculosis because that came up in the VN and I was wondering if its depiction was correct as I felt it seemed odd.

But anyways, 60kb/hour is a generally good pace, with listening to some voice-acting. Faster is definitely possible but I'm not sure how fast though. I think I've read somewhere that asian languages are generally slower to read than something with latin letters and whatnot. My feeling tells me that's probably correct, seeing how word recognition works. We don't read all letters or anything like that. And this effect doesn't really work with Japanese.. I think. Confusing similar looking Kanji, yes, but words? Skipping or reading certain moji? I can't even imagine this, given how important every single moji is for the language, while for us it's more about "words".
Shit's weird and not really part of this topic, so sorry for my rambling. People are researching this for a long long time..
>>
>>16690408
Humanity seems to be on clubbox
>>
>>16692523
I actually just got it on DLsite, but it's crashing on launch. Probably a windows 10 bug or something, it only goes up to XP in support. Oh well.
>>
What are your thoughts on Harems?

I find it difficult to be happy where all the girls aren't happy or they are sad I'm dating somebody else or I'm on another route and see a girl and I'm not with them.

Anybody else?
>>
>>16692750
They just fuck other dudes off screen so it's ok.
>>
That's why you should only go for the harem route.
>>
>>16692757
delete this
>>
>>16692535
Just use a VM.
>>
>>16692750

Romance is about something special. It's nothing special if you fuck 5 girls. I mean that's fine for nukige, but for anything that's not just porn (or endless running shounen manga), the typical harem scenario is pretty bad.

I prefer it somewhat if the only girl who falls for the MC is the girl who you are already on a route on. Although I also like love-triangles and in part harems that are actually part of the story and not just conveniently ignored at some point. (Hapymaher does the "harem" thing pretty well for example, at least relatively speaking) In most cases the harem part is just ignored once it would normally lead to trouble. Which is the usual shit version.

As for girls you "don't choose".. they'll find other people. Usually not talked about, but that's life. I recently read something which went quite far into the future at an epiloge, and that featured a short scene where the MC was on the wedding of a heroine. (you do never see her husband or much of the wedding, but you know it happens)
I know some are pretty against this, but that's like not wanting them to ever get happy. I mean, imagine you like a girl. Would you be happy to share her with 4 other dudes because she is all kind to you five and doesn't want to choose one? Wouldn't it be better to get possible cut down and find someone who'd love you, and only you, later on? So if you want all the girls to be happy, harems are the worst thing to possibly exist, as nobody as really happy aside of maybe the dude.. which is why it's done. (and why guys don't enjoy reverse-harems)
>>
>>16692902
Love is something you can share with others, it doesn't diminish. Love is special in that sense.
How would you feel if you had to pick between two different girls who were deredere for you? And you liked them.
You can pick one and make the other sad sure its up to the writer if they get over it.

If you say you can only love a single girl why would you do multiple routes, were the others not as special?
Did you not love the others, no you did, and love the current girl who's route you are doing too.
Otherwise you'd be stuck doing single heroine routes.
Love is special.

On that note I am kinda a hypocrite if she she loved me and other guys too who loved her back, I would feel bad. However look at the human race tons of rich people throughout history had harems, and most men sure you can argue it may have had some political reasons. Its still I guess kinda normal for guys not as much for women, not saying its a strong rebutal but its something we've done frequently as men.
>>
>>16692984
>done frequently as men.

Not done because of love though. Pleasure, prestige, those things. The women were never anything worth as individuals, only as a possession of sorts.

As for love "sharing", that's bullshit. Love is supposed to show the "most special person to one". It can only go towards one person.
Friendship is possible between more than two people. Love however is hard, because humans always prefer one thing over another. For friends it's not so important if one friend may have a slightly lower place as another one. But for romance that doesn't work. Honestly, the only way it WOULD work is if everyone would love everyone in the relationship.
Harukuru and a few other works actually thought about this quite well. The issue really is that if for example two are gunning for one person, if that person isn't capable of given everyone 100% attention, that won't work. And as you may realize, giving two people 100% of your romantic attention isn't a thing, you only have 100% to give. So instead of receiving 200% (100% of both girls), you'd give 50% to each one, and each of them give 50% back and to each other. As such everyone has a total of 100%, just like it'd be in a normal couple situation.

It's a humanity thing. Again, I don't mind simple harem-ideas for just porn. That's what it's for. I also don't mind it if it's looked at and handled correctly and not just forgotten or phased out once a route starts. And it's not like most "normal" VN that try to tell a story have harem-endings. For.. good reason, really.

Well, I generalize a lot here. People are all different. I can't say everyone is for sure like this. Some may be capable of "romantically" loving multiple people, while most are only capable of doing so for one. One could also say those who believe to be able to love multiple people equally are actually incapable of loving at all. I'm sure there are tons of people who can't love out there anyway. No time. Life is hard and insecure. Love is not very scientific.
>>
>>16692902
Have you read Totono? It handles the concept of a heroine not getting happy if you don't pick her really well, and I think highlights the hypocrisy in loving a girl and wanting her to be happy, but hating the idea of her interacting with other people even outside her route.
>>
>>16692535
Care to upload it?
>>
File: nanatsu_03.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nanatsu_03.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
Guess the situation.
>>
>>16693201

I haven't (yet). I'll remember it.

I feel the general dislike of seeing heroines interact with other people outside of their routes is in part also because how eroge are usually made. The player is supposed to read all routes and not "pick his favorite girl only". As such people usually read routes of girls they don't like that much. If an eroge would be like life, as in you have ONE choice, and only ONE as far as which girl you want to go for.. this issue wouldn't exist. I mean I wouldn't like my favorite girl to flirt and hook up with a different dude in other routes either. I'm fine with it happening, but leave it off-screen. Otherwise I would just not read that route. And precisely because that's what the creators don't want, it doesn't happen for any heroine.

Unfortunately that way of doing things has a bit of a nasty side-effect. Seeing how even supporting couples consisting of characters that do not have any route whatsoever are rare in eroge, something got really messed up. When the female friend is more likely to have a half-assed sideroute than to have an arc where she finds someone special for her, you know it's a rather awkward state the industry got itself into.
>>
>>16692750
Only koihime games are great and worth of playing as harems imo.
>>
>>16692750
I like harems if the girls also love each other, but sadly that isn't the case most of the time so I'd be happy if people had recommendations. Better yet if they're active participants in group sex rather than just taking turns with the protagonist's dick.
>>
Opinions on Nanairo?
>>
>>16693784
Short, well paced and fun. Nothing that will stick with you forever but it's worth reading. Only really Kotori's route is worth doing though, the scenario was clearly written for her. If you want to do the others for porn only do them after you finish hers first.
>>
>>16693807
Ok, thanks. What about Akeiro?
>>
>>16693844
Mostly the same, but refined. Has actually more than one good route this time. Definitely play Nanairo beforehand, it has characters from it reappearing and such.
>>
>>16693863
Fumu, will do.
>>
>>16693295
Here you go.
https://mega.nz/#!Ksp3BRKA!1pdOCvyYOXKcfOdivHWL6cYekmWFAHCuFrvH0NSqTs4
If anyone here was foolish enough to get W10 but has the brains to get it running anyway, I'd appreciate a heads up on a fix.
The weirdest thing is that the trial to the game worked fine, so I'm not sure why the game itself wouldn't run. Maybe weird DRM that's bugging out? No clue. Anyway, yeah. Humanity non color noncolor non-color download mega.
>>
File: 1477353074821.png (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477353074821.png
1MB, 800x600px
>>16694108
Works perfectly fine on W8.1! Thanks.

Also I find it amusing that the first chapter "Imitastion" already has a typo in it. True doujin quality.
>>
File: sansha mendan.jpg (188KB, 396x417px) Image search: [Google]
sansha mendan.jpg
188KB, 396x417px
>>16694238
When it comes to inexperienced Japanese people writing English, typos will be abound, always.
Hope you like the game my dude, at least I didn't waste my money.
Maybe with this, the game will go from 140 total worldwide players to 200+!
>>
File: band.jpg (381KB, 1286x768px) Image search: [Google]
band.jpg
381KB, 1286x768px
>>16691273
Alright so yeah, nope, still going to end up gushing.

This one ended up being directly specific to all the things I want in an eroge, so take things with the requisite heaping tablespoon of salt. I loved it and would like it even more if other people picked it up and love it like I did but I don't want to claim it's the best thing ever or hype people up unnecessarily.

But yeah. A bit of a slow, somewhat generic start made easier by the fact even the summary spoils the initial timelooping twist.

The middle chunk had an incredible variety of choices that, while few if any ended up being completely optional, perfectly captured that spirit of freedom that comes with time loops. You'd want to do all kinds of stuff on a whim and more often than not the game will give you those options and more. It was an absolute joy just diving into that chapter and seeing what leads where. Also a surprising amount of butterfly-effect continuity, not doing something down one path can change things down another, and if you've chosen an option before that knowledge opens up a new path afterwards. Maybe it's that I haven't played anything with many choices lately, but it was just so much fun seeing how deep the rabbit hole went. You'll be thankful for that "skip read text" option of course, but there was a huge amount of new stuff to do. It never felt like say, Kagetsu Tohya's spending entire loops just to get that one or two extra lines.

But like the other anon before me said, that isn't even the best part. It's been a while since I got that much sucked into a story, the emotional parts hit home just the way they should, and the twists both made sense and really nailed that retroactive "oh FUCK" feeling when you remember previous scenes in a new light.

I spose I should find some way to dampen the unilateral praise, though. I guess the opening chapter was a bit slow, and the ending ones a bit long (though that was probably because I did the last third of the vn in one go, I just couldn't stop reading) and the kouhai character was a bit weak compared to the others. Who were great, I should say. Best goddamn imouto. And the endings were a mixed bag, I feel bad for fans of a certain heroine because her ending was a questionable one.

Well done on the soundtrack, I had to crank it up a bit to really hear it properly but it was well worth doing. Understated soft piano for the really emotional moments instead of CRY NOW PLS strings like it usually is.

But yeah. It nailed the Groundhog Day feeling in a way I haven't felt since, well, Groundhog Day. Except with cute girls. And then when things got serious, it got *better* instead of getting stupid and overdramatic like it could've.

So that was definitely a hidden gem for me, thanks again recommendation anon. I dunno if you'll get the same mileage out of it as I did but I hope at least someone does, it was a real treat.
>>
>>16694266

Do remember the drama-cd.

As for the kouhai.. yes. I somewhat wondered why she exists, to be honest. I mean she stands for something, but that could've probably been handled better. She got so overpowered.
>>
>>16691640
About the endings, I actually got the good ending first since I was legit stuck on my choice, I couldn't pick between Korone and Inori and while I was thinking, the fifth option popped up. So naturally I had to go with that.

I think I liked Inori's best, she wasn't the nicest heroine I've ever seen but her wanting to keep things as they were was a big plus for me. Couldn't deal with Nodoka wanting to forget it all and then the other three girls getting literally scrubbed out of existence. Like what the fuck. MC wouldn't be who he was if it wasn't Korone and Inori.

God the girls were great, I actually really like it when heroines end up being twisted or selfish or fucked up so all the reveals were just perfectly right up my alley. Probably why Yuuki seemed a bit weak to me.

Fucking Nia. I was expecting a dramatic reveal that she was secretly a good girl all along or something but nope. Pure chaotic neutral all the way through. Amazing.
>>
>>16694292
The one I downloaded doesn't look like it came with it but I'll hunt around, thanks.

I mean I guess her thing literally was that she was out of her league in terms of Minato-love but still.
>>
>>16694266
Well you sold me on it. Is it like enforced order?

http://seiya-saiga.com/game/tinybell/toricolony.html

Holy damn the amount of choices. Can you actually play the game without a walkthrough and just do whatever to complete it?
>>
>>16694266
Can you list a few of your favourite VNs so I know how good your taste is?
>>
>>16694356
>Can you list a few of your favourite VNs so I know how similar your taste is to mine?
>>
>>16692040
I know the version of Alpharom or whatever DRM for Kishin Houkou Demonbane doesn't work on 64-bit OSs so it could be a similar situation.
>>
>>16694308
Nope, whatever order you like. And you can pretty much do whatever you want, there's missable extra scenes but you're given a very, very obvious "DO YOU WANT TO PROCEED TO THE PLOT" choice so you can go back and clear everything at your leisure.

>>16694356
I've been deliberately avoiding the classics due to being a filthy hipster + other reasons but here's some stuff I've read lately wot I liked - unmei yohou, kamimaho, the kuru "trilogy", komorebi no nostalgico, fureraba.
>>
>>16694447
Hyped for Istoria?
>>
>>16694299

It's the cd that is in the torrent on nyaa as well. So if you got it from there, you should have it.

As for the kouhai: She represented harmony and everyone getting along, the status-quo. An ideal world. Nobody else wanted that. In other words, she never wanted to win herself. Which her ending also represents, as even if you choose here, she rather wants a dream where everyone gets along than anything else.
It's a nice concepts, that was however not talked about that much, and simply overpowered by the other characters. When they all show their true colors, the "harmony" aspect is just getting overpowered.
Also, aside of that, she was also a key in some of the other character's motivation, especially imoutos. So she had a reason to exist, but.. she still lacks presence. I would've liked if the game would've told a bit more about how her wish for harmony is just as messed up as the other wishes of the other girls.
>>
>>16694455
Like you would not believe. Really like the author, he nails the balance between moe and realism, I find. Plus he does the best imoutos.
>>
>>16694466
Yeah, I got that much, it's also why she didn't want to use her power and why Korone gave it to her in the first place since Korone threw her hat into the Mina-nii ring and couldn't trust herself to act in his best interest anymore. And yeah, having liked Unmei Yohou a lot which was basically the antithesis of her happy harmony world (you're kind of a shitty scumbag juggling the feelings of multiple girls just to force everyone to "get along") it did feel pretty messed up after all they'd all been through.

Huh, I guess thinking about it everyone kinda represented a particular "solution" to the problem. Nodaka's reset button was pretty distasteful to me though. Korone wanted a third option, a way outside society and the normal world. And Inori was taking responsibility for her mistakes, having to live with the consequences of her decision and all her memories.
>>
>>16694492
>endings

Yes, the endings are, in my opinion, really well done. Not really in the traditional sense. But as concepts. But that fits with the game I feel. I had my fun.
>>
>>16692750
This is an issue with no easy answers in real life or in VNs. Having a stance means swallowing a bitter pill, either accepting "Monogamy is the only right answer" or "Polygamy is the only right answer", or admitting that you're a hypocrite, which I can at least respect the honesty of.
I never look forward the part after you enter a route and have to go around and crush the other girls' dreams one by one. It's even worse after you declare your love for a girl and promise to be with her forever and then you have to immediately go back in time and break her heart. And then do it another three times.
I think that harems should be limited to stories that are thematically centered around them and willing to discuss the issues, or to stories that are light-hearted enough that the issues can be swept under the rug with all the other evil of the real world, or to porn.
>>
>>16694551
idk why people care this much
>>
>>16694557
This, it's just silly porn stories. No need to overthink it.
>>
>>16694586
Yeah I'm sure most people enthusiastic enough VNs to learn Japanese for them and hang out on an obscure thread for them consider them just "silly porn stories" and things not to care much about. Yeah.
>>
>>16694551
>not polyamory
>>
>>16694266

Nice review mate, you've sold me on it.
Just finished getting through afew pretty bland moege, so I'm in the mood for something a little bit more interesting, time loops rarely disapoint.
>>
File: q1pV8yF.png (458KB, 1109x1600px) Image search: [Google]
q1pV8yF.png
458KB, 1109x1600px
>>16694551
the issue pretty much became banned since the rich abused this and maried a lot of people.
People I don't think had any problems with this at all.
Like roads, people used roads more than cars but back then there was a derogatory term called jay or jays and car companies reffered to people who used roads and got hit as jaywalkers. Evenetually people stopped using roads and it became common for cars instead.

Similarly with polygamy its for the rich but got outlawed for rich abusing this and not leaving as many unmarried women.

Still i just feel bad about seeing a girl you loved in another route and its like nothing happened between you it makes it worse if she likes you in this too and doesn't remember.
>>
>>16695513
not him but was the bland moege?
>>
File: Screenshot (763).png (737KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (763).png
737KB, 1280x800px
>tfw losing Dies to normies

Who should I blame for this
>>
>>16695666
/jp/

you could have stopped it
>>
File: IMG_20170112_110235.jpg (14KB, 748x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_110235.jpg
14KB, 748x236px
>>16695666

I thought most people here didn't like chuuni?
>>
>>
>>16695687
Moogy gave it that rating long before the DI localization became a thing.
He updates the list all the time. I recall he even had DI at 10 once, right next to Cross Channel.

Guess he "grew up" or something.
>>
>>16695636

Last two I've just read are 'melty moment' and 'miagete goran, yozora no hoshi wo'.
I wouldn't consider either to be bad, they're both above average as far as moege/charage goes I would say.
They're actually the first two vn's I've read in over a year, been to busy. Just felt like reading something nice and fluffy that doesn't require me to think too much.
>>
https://vndb.org/v1180

Anyone know what the differences for this one are between the Remind of You DVD and Renewal edition, as well as the one that came out in 2012?
>>
Do I need to have XP to run Star Mine Girl?
It's not running one 8 or 10.
>>
File: RJ190495_img_main.jpg (53KB, 513x159px) Image search: [Google]
RJ190495_img_main.jpg
53KB, 513x159px
You ever download something for a quick fap but end up wishing there was more daily life with the love interest other than just sex?
>>
>>16696746
no
>>
Anyone got trial for Tayutama2 Append Stories to work? I tried launch both game and installer, but nothing happens (process disappears in few seconds after launch).
>>
Just a quick question, how many of the vn's you read are new releases?
Curious because I sometimes see new titles discussed in these threads, but I'm still working through a backlog a mile long so I'm never up to speed..
Just wondering how many of you are in the same boat, or do you just put the backlog on hold if something interesting comes out?
>>
>>16697026
I just read what I'm in the mood for at the time. Most new titles are pretty risky so I mostly only play the sure bets by writers I like on release. For things I'm unsure about I wait a bit until the EGS reviews come rolling in and pick up anything with overwhelming amount of positive reviews, like the recent title by Applique.
>>
>>16696729
I've had trouble running a couple vn's on Win 8 too.
Go to 'http://resemblances.click3.org/?p=1406#Windows8' download the .zip and unpack into the vn's exe directory and it might fix it.
Never tried for Star Mine Girl but it has fixed some other titles for me.
>>
Bumping this question I guess.
>>16692040

>>16697066
Just tried this now but no luck. I'm on 64-bit Windows 8.1 as well.
>>
>>16697026
I prefer new releases over my backlog if the game is something I've personally been hyped for a while. I have a hard time getting invested into VNs in general or just drop most of them so I'm usually not in the middle of reading something else when a waited new release pops up. However I don't really follow that many series or studios so most the VNs I play through end up being backlog games.
>>
>>16697026
Barely anything not-moege worth reading this year anyway
>>
>>16697134
Sure thing moebuta.
>>
>>16696729
running sumaga fine on 10. annoying that there are no resolution settings though
>>
>>16697313
When I click the icon and all that happens is the mouse gets a load wheel and then nothing happens.
I even have jap locale on.
Is time zone the issue?
>>
>>16697026
tend to go for newer stuff because it's more convenient when pirating
>>
>>16697026
Same. Sometimes I reread a game or start something older which grabs my interest. The result is that I hardly post here anymore.
>>
in tokimeki memorial 2 do the characters really say the player's name? That's cool
>>
>>16697644
I don't see how those things correlate with each other. I always like to read impressions / reviews about older things, especially when it's something in my backlog that I'm on the fence about.
>>
File: Pero que sabrozongo plebeyos.jpg (35KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
Pero que sabrozongo plebeyos.jpg
35KB, 636x357px
I was wondering....I am the only one that fap all the h-scenes of a heroine that I like? or everyone just skip them or read it derply?
>>
Is there any reason to read Tsui no Sora before doing subahibi? Or will it just spoil things?
>>
>>16697857
SubaHibi is basically Tsui no Sora remake as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>16697880
Alright, thanks. Probably a pain to find, too.
>>
>>16697906
Read it after Subahibi.
>>
New

>>16697957
>>
>>16697352
maybe its the copy protection looking for the disc activation?
Thread posts: 417
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.