[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New official written work

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 23

New official written work
>>
>>16654267
FUCK YES GU ON THECOVER
>>
>>16654267
Naisu
>>
>Alternative Facts
I didn't know 2hu was gov't funded.
>>
Seriously did he think of this before that became /pol/'s new favorite phrase?
>>
I'm excited, but I was never a fan of Gu with a ponytail.
>>
>>16654267
>That title
Absolute proof that Akyuu is a liar.
>>
>>16654373
It actually seems to be a work like BoJR
>>
>>16654267
inb4 ZUN changing character facts
>>
amazon description >>16652396
ZUN書き下ろし! 最新の東方公式書籍が登場

東方Projectの作者ZUN氏自らが書き下ろした書籍が5年ぶりに刊行!
幻想郷を騒がせる天狗、射命丸文が今度は週刊誌を作った!?
一体どんな記事が掲載されるのか? そもそも取材は行ったのか? 誰がスクープされてしまうのか……!
人間、妖怪、その他諸々全てを巻き込まんとする、ユーモアとエスプリと刺激に満ちた全東方ファン必読の一冊。

someone's (google?) translation >>16652454
ZUN writing down! The latest Touhou Project official book appeared

Author of the Toho Project Mr. ZUN's books he wrote down
Published for the first time in five years!
Tengu making noise in Gensokyo, Shameimari Aya made a weekly magazine this time!
Just what kind of articles will be published? Did she even bother to do any investigation first? Who will be scooped ......!
For humans, youkai, and all others, this book overflowing with humor, esprit and stimulus is one all Touhou fans must read.
>>
>>16654398
Did ZUN divorce Mamizou and get back with his ex?
>>
>get excited, thinking it'll be another manga series set on the moon, starring the gu
>it's just a "tengu newspaper"
God dammit.

Still looking forward to it, though.
>>
>>16654491
>thinking it'll be another manga series set on the moon
that would be too much work, ZUN would be working on 4 manga series
>>
>>16654267
I hope it will have Hatate as well.
>>
>>16654501
no.
>>
>>16654501
Hatate will be forgotten AGAIN because Zun hates her.

Remember she didn't get a profile in SoPM because he "Forgot about her" even though he wrote articles from the KSN

She was a costar in a game and she gets treated like that. She deserves better.
>>
>>16654388
Which character gets shat on this time? I mean he tends to aim to ruin a character in each book and game now if you're not newly introduced.
>>
>>16654600
One of the characters is going to be in a relationship
>>
>>16654616
I'm cringing already.
>>
>>16654501
>>16654598
Well
>>16653374
according to this it's likely Hatate will be in it

>Aya's given name is written 文; Hatate's given name is not written in kanji, but her name kanji is actually embedded in the title of her own newspaper, which is 果.

>Therefore the 文果 part of the title, in addition to meaning "fruits of culture/literature/writing", also signifies both Aya and Hatate. (It is also a real female given name, usually pronounced "Ayaka".)

>On the other hand, 真報 shinpō is a play on 新報 "new report", often used in the titles of Meiji-era newspapers such as Fukuzawa Yukichi's "Current Events", replacing 新 "new" with 真 "true" for the trendy "alternative facts" theme.

>On the whole, the title can be translated as "Aya and Hatate's True Report of the East".
>>
>>16654616
>>16654618
So, which character are you guys butthurt about?
>>
Info about the new fighter https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,20471.msg1322663.html#msg1322663
>>
>>16654616
>>16654711
Sagume will turn out to be a giant slut and mind broken into loving impurity.

Some people might like that though.
>>
>>16654325
cringe.
>>
>>16654388
>ZUN changing character facts

>>16654600
>he tends to aim to ruin a character in each book and game

Huh? When did that happen?
The only time I ever see something like that got mentioned - outside of /jp/ anyway - is because of either misunderstanding (Ran Yakumo) or lack of canon information (Momiji Inubashiri).
>>
>>16654616
It seems he creates deliberate shipping bait as of late, Sukuna x Seija, Mokou x Sumireko, Reisen x Junko and now Reisen x Mokou.
>>
>>16654824
I think you might just be wearing shipping glasses
>>
>>16654816
Marisa and Reimu are nowhere near what they were back then in the old games for one. Koishi was said in SoPM to have no emotions even though she clearly displays them in SA and HM, and now apparently she forgets everything even though it's shown she does remember names and the like. Nitori turned from a shy girl who runs away the moment she sees a human into the complete opposite of a shyness, etc.

Hey remember when some of Marisa's traits were lying and stealing? ZUN doesn't. Now she's a boring happy go lucky girl being nice all the time. Hell he even turned her into a tsukkommi when everyone knew she was a boke before due to her snarky nature.
>>
>>16654861
>Nitori turned from a shy girl who runs away the moment she sees a human into the complete opposite of a shyness, etc.
In the case of Nitori, ZUN said he wanted her to be the kind of girl who was shy in the beginning but an asshole when you got to know her.
>>
>>16654858
How the fuck is Hecatia saying Junko likes Reisen not shipping bait?

How the hell are Mokou and Sumireko going from smug pre-battle comments to suddenly CRYING over having to leave each other from one second to the next, and then the final story ending being them two wanting to meet each other again not shipping bait?
>>
>>16654816
Don't worry you'll find out that one of your favorite characters ACTUALLY in the face of everything we've seen ever is a complete monster.

Nitori went from dork who kinda was willing to exploit a thief's tendencies to get some information to a flat out money grubbing jew.
>>
File: nitori bully.jpg (216KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
nitori bully.jpg
216KB, 1280x718px
>>16654889
And child labor exploiter.
>>
So anyone want to put bets on who gets Retconned to hell and back?
>>
>>16654885
>How the fuck is Hecatia saying Junko likes Reisen not shipping bait?
Unless you are a fervent shipper, simply saying someone likes someone doesn't mean those two people should fuck.

>How the hell are Mokou and Sumireko going from smug pre-battle comments to suddenly CRYING over having to leave each other from one second to the next, and then the final story ending being them two wanting to meet each other again not shipping bait?
A gag. Not one I cared for, but a gag nonetheless.
>>
>>16654909
>simply saying someone likes someone doesn't mean those two people should fuck.
Sorry buddy, that's as hard as shipping bait as you can get without using the word ''love''. Hell Junko can't even say it herself because apparently she's too embarassed, it comes absolutely out of the blue.

I said ''shipping bait'', not that I see those 2 as irrevocably canon dykes, it means that ZUN is deliberately planting the seeds himself for the sake of fan artists.
>>
>>16654904
Yep gotta make everyone unlikable. ZUN's gone full fucking 90s comics on us.
>>
>>16654909
>A gag.
what.
>>
>>16654941
It was.
>>
>>16654956
what kind of gag extends for 2 endings, including the final story one?
>>
>>16654962
A continuous gag
>>
>>16654956
Isn't a gag supposed to be humorous?
>>
>>16654969
Some might think that
>>
File: 1481516205581.jpg (570KB, 1024x520px) Image search: [Google]
1481516205581.jpg
570KB, 1024x520px
>>16654861
>Koishi was said in SoPM to have no emotions even though she clearly displays them in SA and HM
It's definitely because I've played too much Kingdom Heart as of late, but I think this make sense; to display an emotion and to actually feel the emotion isn't necessarily the same.

>Hell he even turned her into a tsukkommi when everyone knew she was a boke before due to her snarky nature
Wait, I thought being snarky is the role of a tsukkomi?

I don't really have anything to say for everything else.
Thanks for the answer though.

>>16654889
I don't think she can get any more monstrous than killing an innocent man, but we'll see.

Yes, I know you said "one of [my] favorite", but I'll just be focusing on one.
>>
>>16654449
>Three way relationship c'mon big money big money big money big money no whammies no whammies no whammies
>>
>>16654824
Do you find Sakuya/Remilia, Yukari/Yuyuko, Maribel/Renko and all that "deliberate baiting shipping" as well?
>>16654931
Because it's not like Junko only hates the Lunarians living in the Lunar Capital and Reisen just said she severed her ties with the Moon, right?
Absolutely out of the blue.
>>16654934
ZUN literally described Tenshi in SoPM as having a "rather nice personality" when everyone thought of her as an asshole.
>>
>>16654889
Ah, one of those mooks who completely misinterpreted MoF and later SA.
>>
>>16654861
>Marisa and Reimu are nowhere near what they were back then in the old games for one
It's been 15 years.

Koishi does NOT have emotions. The impulses and such that she displays don't really mean anything. She's an empty, flitting, reactive-based being. The forgetting stuff, and being forgotten, is pretty new.

Nitori is still "shy". The only thing that makes this questionable is her inclusion in the fighters. She really shouldn't be in them, and they try to justify it, but really she is a business person who hides, gets others to do things for her, and pretends to be a friend. I thought it was obvious in MoF, but we've been over this in other threads.

Marisa is still aloof but less of a blatant liar. That might be because of Shikieiki's lecture, or the fact that, again, it's been 15 years.

I'm pretty sure she still steals things. In the manga and recent games she hasn't had much opportunity to show such moments, but it can be assumed that, as a hoarder, she still continually collects treasures and garbage.
>>
File: xNgXyNNE_046_047.png (4MB, 2845x2000px) Image search: [Google]
xNgXyNNE_046_047.png
4MB, 2845x2000px
>>16654824
>Sukuna x Seija
Not even friends, declared enemies. That said, I like the pairing.
>Mokou x Sumireko
Just friends, not sure how that's gay.
>Reisen x Junko
I dunno if I'd call that bait. Reisen IS pretty interesting; a moon rabbit turned earth rabbit from impurity that returned to the moon and then to the dream world to kick her ass twice, partly out of obligation, mainly out of a sense of justice. She's weird, and I can easily imagine why Junko, who likes weirdos (ahem, Hecatia) would be interested.
>Reisen x Mokou
Calling Reisen "Reisen-chan" doesn't mean anything. Reisen seems to be cool with her so long as she's not raging.
>>
>>16654969
Tell that to gag manga artists.
>>
File: This is CP.jpg (262KB, 870x1249px) Image search: [Google]
This is CP.jpg
262KB, 870x1249px
>>16654267
>Alternative Facts

CP CONFIRMED.
>>
>>16655196
She stole Seiga's veil thingy, as mentioned in the Symposium.
>>
>>16654267
I've been told that Zun was inspired by celebrity gossip rags, this will probably be a silly tabloid style thing
>>
File: 8_mokou2.jpg (405KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8_mokou2.jpg
405KB, 1280x720px
>>16654824
>Sukuna x Seija
They are manipulator and manipulatee in DDC and enemies as of ISC. Shipping bait my ass.
>Mokou x Sumireko
They share a joke ending together, outside of which their interactions are as normal as normal in Touhou gets. Shit, Sumireko has yet to even mention Mokou ONCE outside of ULiL.
>Reisen x Junko
Yeah, Junko likes Reisen. Does this automatically mean she wants to fuck the lights out of her? Does Yukari also fuck the three fairies like rabbits?
>Reisen x Mokou
Now I don't know what you're talking about. Their only meaningful interaction together is in ULiL Extra and there's no shipping at all there.

>>16654885
>to suddenly CRYING
Oh god, it's this secondary retard AGAIN.

Leaving aside the fact that Mokou's ending is not meant to be taken seriously (and this is even almost explictly pointed out for the audience, "wow, it's like a comic book!"), they are not fucking crying.

>and then the final story ending being them two wanting to meet each other again
What the fuck did you just pull out of your ass now? The closest thing to Mokou and Sumireko "wanting to meet each other again" in the last story is Mokou wanting to return something that Sumireko dropped. That's it. Sumireko doesn't even return Mokou's feelings when Reimu does hand over the item, she's like "oh yeah that thing i guess". Anything else is you being a retard or having some serious shipping goggles.
>>
Honestly Syposium's newpaper articles were really good. Like Mystia and Kyouko or Gensokyo's christmas.

Sagume's power is going to get explained
more and people are going to still misunderstand it.
Characters that people have strong views on like Seija or Junko are going to get some more detail and I can see people getting annoyed.

Hopes: No one gets left out unlike last time.
-that the instrument trio get some love, especially as since DDC a bunch of tsukumogami have been killed, sealed or otherwise abused in FS. Where that paradise for tools Raiko was hoping for?

Fears: Remember when the ebola crisis was referenced while it was still an ongoing event? I am afraid that there will be even a tiny reference to the presidential election somehow and Clownpiece memers will become insufferable.
>>
>>16655461
Why would people get annoyed at Seija or Junko receiving more details? About the latter, I really hope ZUN finally explains her backstory and her connection to Hou Yi.
But yeah, no one left behind this time.
>>
>>16655452
>>Reisen x Mokou
>Now I don't know what you're talking about.
They address each other very familiarly.
>>
>>16655521
They do live in the same general area. Reisen isn't a recluse, she probably passes by Mokou every now and then on her way to the human village or when doing other errands for Eirin.
>>
>>16655507
Just that people who have certain conceptions of popular characters finding that details do not match the memes or fanon that has built up.
>>
>>16655452
>>16655553
>Now I don't know what you're talking about
Not supporting anything, just giving clearer reasons.

It's revealed through ULiL PS4 that Reisen is friendly toward her, and though Mokou is still annoyed with Eientei as a whole she addresses Reisen as "Reisen-chan" (EXTREMELY weird; -chan doesn't get thrown around often in Touhou; most address each other completely informally, no honorifics). Reisen does stuff like invite her to moon-viewings (allegedly at Kaguya's suggestion, no less; from the versus battles). She also thinks it'd be best if they let go of grudges, but is still super terrified of Mokou when she starts going nuts at the end of the extra.
>>
>>16655553
>Reisen isn't a recluse
she sort of is/was

she's been opening up, but she used to severely limit her time with others
>>
>>16655521
Mokou likely knows all of Eientei pretty well, she visits often even when not going to fight Kaguya

>>16654861
Marisa and Reimu have been around for 15 years and are probably the most fleshed out and developed characters in the series, its natural that they would grow and develop beyond what they were, believe it or not, not everyone in Touhou is a one-note gag
>>
>>16655521
Reisen is Kaguya's pet. Kaguya is Mokou's friend (and biggest rival). Of course she's going to speak to her friend's pet in an informal, endearing way.
>>
>>16655777
I wouldn't call Kaguya and Mokou friends.

They're...something, though, yes. Mokou is still holding a lot of resentment.
>>
>>16655789
I don't believe that the official Reisen and Tewi manga was completely canon (like Tewi having guns and all), but I feel like the general character relationships (Kaguya and Mokou being friends, Tewi always making Reisen miserable with pranks, stuff like that) were real.
>>
>>16655659
Pretty much, Reisen is the most obvious example of a character who has been simply maturing and growing over the years.

>>16655789
Frienemies.

They're definitely not friends, well maybe Kaguya does at least think of her as entertaining and Mokou definitely hates Kaguya still.

But at the same time they can't live without each other as they realize both being Hourai that eventually everything in existence will disappear. They're going to be bored senseless and the only thing left after the end of everything is them so at the very least their goals align.
>>
>>16654491
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 4vkCJ9B.png (301KB, 753x592px) Image search: [Google]
4vkCJ9B.png
301KB, 753x592px
FYI it looks like the character profiles end at PoFV. Gonna have to wait to 4 or maybe even 5 for profiles from MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, HM & ULiL and LoLK
>>
>>16655789
>Mokou is still holding a lot of resentment.
>>16656157
>Mokou definitely hates Kaguya still.

It's like no one ever read Cage in Lunatic Runagate.

Mokou is faking it. Her head is screwed up from living too long. She's become desperate to have a friend who won't grow old and die, and to be there for other people in the same position. Also, it's implied that Mokou wants to die so badly that she's developed a fetish for being murdered, and sees her and Kaguya's fights to the death as more intimate than sex. I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>16657529
It's like you haven't seen Mokou in ULiL PS3.

I know about CiLR's Mokou stuff, but it's not as if it definitively ever says "Oh, but I'm cool with Kaguya now. No grudge".

She's not faking it. Her feelings are justifiably complex. She might see Kaguya as a necessity, a decent person, or even a comfort, but she still loathes the moon and its people, and she's not really kidding.
>>
>>16657540
>PS3
well, 4, obviously
>>
>>16655825
This is more or less how I tend to see it too. Being an immortal human must be the loneliest existence on the planet. Mokou says that Keine is one of the few people that truly understands her but I'd wager she feels the same about Kaguya too, and "truly immortal" is something very few people can understand. As for her hatred of Kaguya she is definitely still annoyed but you can't really carry a grudge that long. Hell even Junko at the end of LOLK seemed to have to face the reality that her pure fury was never going to kill Chang'e either.

Kaguya, for her part, probably appreciates having someone in a similar situation to her who isn't a subordinate or devoted to her and actually challenges her or treats her like an equal.

>>16657529
Kind of has it right. Mokou obviously doesn't fear death. In CiLR she says that when she heard about the rocket she panicked and ran to Eientei. The idea that Kaguya was going to leave her was utterly terrifying. In the end she kind of accepts her fate by saying that if she hadn't chosen to take the Elixir, she would have just died miserably and not lived in Gensokyo, and "someone" (I think it's implied to be Kaguya) would have been lonely.
>>
What the fuck is up with yurishitters trying to force their shit so hard every time?
>>
>>16662616
>Kaguya and Mokou being friends and not hated enemies in a canon printwork is delusional yurishitter forcing a ship
Please report to Dr. Yagokoro for your lobotomy.
>>
>>16654267
I love Gu!
>>
>>16654373
Do you read the latests FS?
that was confirmed
>>
>>16665379
I don't think that >>16662616 refered only about mocoXguya,
>>
>>16665379
Technically. Eirin isn't Doctor.
>>
>>16665600
how do you people read and seem to come to completely dumb conclusions
>>
>>16655659
Eirin having her do medicine sales kinda forced that to happen.

Doc's getting rich and giving therapy. Win Win.
>>
>>16665379
lmao I wasn't even talking about that. try to use common sense next time
>>
>>16657540
>It's like you haven't seen Mokou in ULiL PS3.

Not that guy but I haven't because I'll basically never be able to afford a PS4 until we're at the PS8 or something.
Can you elaborate on what happens?
>>
>>16670215
>conversation is about shipping earlier in the thread
>it shifts to mokou and kaguya for the other half
>you make a post about shipping
?
>>
During a recent interview Zun admitted to lurking 4chan and that he mainly browses /pol/.
>>
>>16670229
Nothing much, Mokou just gets so pissed off about Eientei that her urban legend takes over and she becomes consumed with murderous rage, starting with trying to kill Reisen.

She also generally regards Eientei with suspicion, figures they're scheming something/maybe want to experiment on her, and when beating Reisen in versus basically says "I knew Eientei was up to something".

Of course, she's not joking about any of that.

Reisen also mentions that Mokou's beef is not over and that it'd be for the best if they all let bygones be bygones (invites her to a moon-viewing, apparently at Kaguya's suggestion). That said Mokou starts OFF friendly toward Reisen, she just gets angry as she thinks about Lunarians/Eientei as a whole.
>>
File: zun posting on jp.png (16KB, 586x102px) Image search: [Google]
zun posting on jp.png
16KB, 586x102px
>>
File: reimoon.png (73KB, 303x340px) Image search: [Google]
reimoon.png
73KB, 303x340px
How oId is she now? We see Hieda ages since we first saw her, so Im guessing despite her (magicaIIy aItered?) appearance, Reimu is at her mid 20s right? or is it Iate 20s? or even earIy 30s?
>>
>>16672176
>Reimu is at her mid 20s right?
at youngest, yeah

Potentially late 20s
>>
>>16672190
She better be. I mean, with more and more written and worId buiIding side materiaIs being churned out annuaIIy, Touhou cant eep on depending on the "Every birthday is her 17th birthday" trope, especiaIIy since her humanity is such a often reminded pIot point.

Im waiting for a game in the future when Marisa accidentaIIy or knowingIy transform herseIf into a Magician species. FinaI canon stage is of course Reimu vs Marisa, and maybe ended up with them faIIing out on each other.
>>
>>16672227
Marisa will never become a real magician, she's too comfortable and proud of being an ordinary magician. It wouldn't be hard to become immortal for her, but she doesn't.

That said I don't exactly mind the "eternal young" thing for Gensokyo heroic humans. Akyuun does age, though, which confuses matters.
>>
>>16672176
Late 20's early 30's
>>
>>16672176
It's conceivable that someone with Reimu's level of spiritual power would age more slowly than normal (especially when people keep comparing her to a hermit). I really doubt she'd try to look younger on purpose though.

Reminder that if she doesn't look in her 20s, then the official reason is
>some mystical force like perspective or something like that, so pay it no mind
>>
File: 34819170_p2.jpg (365KB, 679x959px) Image search: [Google]
34819170_p2.jpg
365KB, 679x959px
Old ladies doing old things has potential.
>>
>>16672285
I'd read it
>>
>>16672285
it worked for "The Golden Girls" on tele all those years ago, who says that a TH 45 wouldn't work with ageing being a theme?
>>
File: 1488261661304.png (463KB, 1267x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488261661304.png
463KB, 1267x1200px
>>16672240
>That said I don't exactly mind the "eternal young" thing for Gensokyo heroic humans
I guess I must Iive with that, which is fine as the pIace is reaIIy were a magicaI hotspot. I stiII want an expIoration on the idea of some cIose human friend of Reimu's turning into a Youkai and she must react accordingIy or exterminate them. Kosuzu is a strong contender, but her cuteness might get in the way.

>>16672285
See, this guy gets it. Some dramas that can happens between the ages..
>VisibIy in their 20s
Marisa creating a new broom as the oId one is getting smaIIer,
Some offhand mention of the girIs being asked for marriage onIy to reveaI their true age for gags,
Reimu's gettig pissed off at a Iow hanging door in one of the section of the shrine and must repair them, which in turn reIease some seaIed youkai or someshit

>VisibIy in their 30s
Reimu being caIIed auntie and eventuaIIy stops being ticked off and accept it.
Reimu and Marisa sIowIy changing their attire with more Iayers and the ageIess youkais wont stop pestering them for 2 years straight
Reimu competing with the 20s Iooking Sanae for the faith in the newIy buiIt 2nd Human ViIIage

>VisibIy in their 40s
Reimu discovering coupIe white hairs in her head and panics, whiIe Marisas bIond had turn haIf white at this point and she doesnt give a fuck
Marisa started havig a midIife crisis and now directIy steaIs stuffs from outside worId as she started to run off thigns to steaI in Gensokyo. Her temporary windows were then used by some of the Iast and desperate outsider youkai to get in
Maybe Reimu wouId get married at this time period

>Visibly in their 50s
one of them is this >>16672285
>>
>>16672255
I've personally rationalized Reimu's non-aging appearance from that comment Sanae made before her boss battle in MoF
>https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Mountain_of_Faith/Story/Reimu%27s_Scenario#Stage_5
>Sometimes, humans that revere a god are themselves revered.
>Sometimes, shrine maidens can become gods.

I mean, since not many people know the Hakurei God's name, they could actually just be giving Reimu their faith instead.

Now, why Marisa doesn't show age either, would probably be answered with the same answer as to why she didn't go insane looking at the true moon in IN.
>>
>>16672227
You have to be dedicated to becoming a Magician and master not ever having to eat or age like Alice did.

Marisa is too proud of her humanity and as the representative "just works hard, normal human" in the series who is almost always supposed to be one looking at it from a normal player's point of view, it would be a drastic change, not one Touhou needs.

Marisa already turned down Mokou's immortality. Like Sakuya, she just wants to continue being a human.
>>
>>16672227
I wonder how long it would take marisa to realize she became a mushroom youkai.
>>
>>16672227
Touhou could have very easily had the majority of its characters not age and just be eternally young like a lot of video game characters are. There's no problem with Reimu/Marisa/Sakuya not aging in a vacuum.

The reason they can't is that it's been established for years that Touhou time runs at a 1:1 rate as real time and characters like Akyuu visibly age, so we know Reimu/Marisa/etc have to be aging at the same rate.

I don't know if ZUN has any ideas for a concrete ending to the series but he could write himself into a corner if Reimu and Marisa just get too old.
>>
Isn't it a bit early for a new Akyuu work? PMiSS covered 6-9.5, and SoPM covered 10-13. This could only cover 13.5-15. I'm guessing it will be more like BAiJR or SDV.
>>
>>16672465
>Sometimes, humans that revere a god are themselves revered.
>Sometimes, shrine maidens can become gods
By this logic Americans could be considered gods because of the cargo cults.
>>
>>16672465
>why she didn't go insane looking at the true moon in IN
But the reason for this is that there's no real reason.

>>16672527
They age to some extent, both in artistic depiction and in character. They were often described in works like CoLA to be fairly young, and they acted as such. It honestly isn't that big a deal if the series doesn't age characters in accordance with real time even if events happen in line with real time. It's a discrepancy, but not one the author or anyone else needs to care about.

>>16672576
It's an Aya book.
>>
>>16672614
India worships just about everything
Girl with birth defects?
She's a goddess
>>
>>16672176
I think the 1:1 time scale thing is going to need to be retracted or changed at some point.

Could just be that it's hard for me to perceive her as anything but a teenager but I don't recall her behavior describing her age.
>>
File: touhou-forbidden-scrollery-17.jpg (153KB, 573x296px) Image search: [Google]
touhou-forbidden-scrollery-17.jpg
153KB, 573x296px
>>16672644
She and Marisa drinks a pIenty. I think its safe to ruIe them to be over 20. Gensokyo might not foIIow the Iaw of the worId outside, but ZUN needs to
>>
we really are going all in with the LoLK stuff, aren't we?
>>
>>16662616
yuriism is a disease. they simply can't help it.
>>
>>16672680
Zun thinks that LoLK was a masterpeice and the LOL MURRICA of Clownpiece makes him think he can cash cow off it.

Of course his doubling down on the plot of it with multiple games being directly tied to it (thankfully they're shitty fighting games) is Zun gambling he can make bank off it. I mean the manga's have been dragged down into that story too.

At least Akyuu and Kosuzu have been saving 2hu mangas from going to shit.
>>
>>16672671
>She and Marisa drinks a pIenty. I think its safe to ruIe them to be over 20. Gensokyo might not foIIow the Iaw of the worId outside, but ZUN needs to
ZUN likes to comment in the margins that drinking is only for those of age just to mimic Japan's warning labels on alcohol for underage drinking, but there doesn't seem to be any actual restriction being made in the works themselves. The fact that he even writes that suggests that at some point they would drink in Gensokyo despite being underage, and so "don't follow what you see in Gensokyo", etc. That being said I would put them over 20 at this point regardless.

>>16672644
>I think the 1:1 time scale thing is going to need to be retracted or changed at some point.
...Because some characters don't age in very obvious ways? Nah.
>>
>>16672745
Posts like these never fail to puzzle me as to how people can create such deliberately stupid and elaborate fabrications of what other people must be thinking and seriously convince themselves they're even the slightest bit accurate.
>>
File: 1488517896529.gif (514KB, 221x231px) Image search: [Google]
1488517896529.gif
514KB, 221x231px
Reimu huffed a lot of vampire dust in 6 when she had Remilia in a choke hold, and Remilia commented that it might make her immortal.

A small dose might just cause her to age slower.
>>
>>16672176
Reimu and Marisa are confirmed non-humans. The chronology of the official works simply don't allow them to be young girls but they still look exactly the same.
>>
>>16672787
He forgot "Something something SHOEHORNED CHARACTER ZUN IS FORCING EVERYWHERE BECAUSE HE WANTS YOU TO LIKE HER" and "Those characters exchanged words of friendship, clearly ZUN is deliberately making random shipping bait".
>>
Feelio when you just want to see something pop up about a 2hu that hasn't been seen or heard from in ages aside from background appearances.
>>
>>16673316
>>
>>16673349
The first 'proper' leak from the new volume, or just wishful thinking in that image?
>>
>>16673169
Nice to see people are starting to catch on.
>>
>>16672944
What would it mean if someone created a 1:1 replica of what ZUN intended without ever being exposed to the "source material"? Well, that'd be interesting.

>Start your hype and ride it to space
>Join this craze that's sweeping the place
>Watch me hold it, come unfold it

>Now I'll laugh as loud as can be
>Mixed up thoughts mean nothing to me
>Satisfaction kills the action

>Boredom takes the town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjr6VmKsz74
>>
File: CjeJEfOUgAAcvol.jpg (58KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CjeJEfOUgAAcvol.jpg
58KB, 800x800px
>>16654267
Gu Gu
>>
File: 57158085_p0.png (163KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
57158085_p0.png
163KB, 800x500px
Facts stated by an actual Goddess > facts said by a dirty human
>>
>>16654325
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts_(law)

?
>>
>>16654325
I prefer to believe its the return of the trump king.
>>
>>16662616
>>16672686
That is funny coming from retarded posts that add nothing to the thread
>>
>>16654267
Fuck yes
>>
>>16657599
>Hell even Junko at the end of LOLK seemed to have to face the reality that her pure fury was never going to kill Chang'e either.
Wasn't it stated that she had relapses from time to time and LOLK was just one of the most successful ones?
>>
>>16704481
Something like that, although it's also said that with this latest one she began to realize going after Chang'e was pretty much futile, due to Sagume forcing a stalemate and all.
>>
>>16655730
>Marisa and Reimu have been around for 15 years and are probably the most fleshed out and developed characters in the series, its natural that they would grow and develop beyond what they were, believe it or not, not everyone in Touhou is a one-note gag

Marisa is, but to call Reimu a character when she no personality traits or motivations and dreams to speak of, never engages with other characters, incidents or the world in a meaningful way, and has nothing that extends beyond her role as a shrine maiden who beats bosses in a video gamey fashion is laughable. She's a non-character.
>>
>>16720200
this post is pretty laughable
>>
>>16720466
Some people can happily read a thousand pages and still fail to comprehend a word. It simply must be accepted, as nothing can be done about it.
>>
>>16721287
That's a quitter attitude and we don't need any of that in this thread. Start feeding him the pages with his meals until he needs to take revenge by raping the books with eye beams after the ink has given him just the right touch of drain bamagve.
>>
>>16720200
This, after some time I came to understand that Reimu is pretty boring.
>>
how come tokiko hasnt shown up in any official works recently?
>>
>>16722167
she went extinct in gensokyo since some toki were released back into the wild on japan
>>
File: 1489665254462.jpg (207KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489665254462.jpg
207KB, 900x1200px
What does this say?
>>
>>16722768
Ita his confession of being psyonic beer useing a Japanese nerd as a creative outlet
>>
>>16722870
I always had a sneaking suspicion that ZUN wasn't human
>>
File: 1486989220807.jpg (61KB, 788x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486989220807.jpg
61KB, 788x1000px
>>16675290
Seija > Sagume
>>
>>16722941
I will firmly arm wrestle you over this fact into the wee hours of the whatever timezone this applies to.
>>
File: 1487557724545.png (5KB, 155x159px) Image search: [Google]
1487557724545.png
5KB, 155x159px
>>16723053
Seija > Sagoogoo
>>
>>16722430
no! say it aint so, joe
>>
>>16722768
It's explaining the origin of the names "Shameimaru" and "Bunbunmaru Shinbun". They're basically a bunch of references to various mail- and writing-related things that were mostly already figured out by fans.
>>
File: Is-there-a-fan-game.png (14KB, 318x258px) Image search: [Google]
Is-there-a-fan-game.png
14KB, 318x258px
>>16723325
>and on that morning(?) a new incident had quietly begun to take hold with escalating consequences as it spread
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.