[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 435
Thread images: 79

File: 1483852991528.jpg (2MB, 3044x2214px) Image search: [Google]
1483852991528.jpg
2MB, 3044x2214px
>New Player Guide/FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C

>1.65+
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:24341

Previous Thread >>16594378
>>
File: 1304565721202.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1304565721202.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
I only played fourty minutes today.
I am so ashamed.
>>
File: cute pets doing cute things.jpg (547KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
cute pets doing cute things.jpg
547KB, 840x525px
Post your pets or your waifus please.
>>
File: 61428606_p0.png (2MB, 1536x2732px) Image search: [Google]
61428606_p0.png
2MB, 1536x2732px
>>16641218

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a1fazzocf6f9np2/

New all-in-one graphics pack with lots of stuff inside.
>>
>>16649352
Who is the one between Black angel and Shena's ass?
>>
>>16650915
Apparently someone from Elin.
>>
Can I inherit treasure maps, bejewelled chests or minor deeds from a gene?
>>
What's the actual difference between farm tiles and non-farm tiles when planting a seed? Should I be buying more farms for the farm tiles+fertilizer or is there no real difference?
>>
>>16652160
There is a difference. Planting on normal soil is much worse than planting on farm land. At the very least you shouldn't be planting anything important outside of the proper tiles.
>>
>>16652160
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening#Technical_Details
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q258flI5X_MqeznOX2QE4B-_RvG5Ux2I7Z64jl1fy4I/edit#gid=0
>>
This game might be fun. I'll give it a download.
>>
>Game version is 1.65, Elona+ is 1.62

Shit. What should I do here?
>>
>>16652574
Latest Elona+ is 1.65. Latest Elona Custom is 1.62. Get both Elona+ 1.62 and Custom 1.62 if you want translations, or just E+ 1.65 if you want the newest things.
>>
File: Elona Party Request.jpg (134KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Elona Party Request.jpg
134KB, 819x1024px
>>16650380
Here's my party. I'm almost certain it would be better to only have 2 considering I'm not a power gamer, but I like traveling around with them for the rp standpoint.

>>16652574
>>16652594
In addition to what the other anon said, stick with 1.62 if you use pets a lot and want the custom pet ai.
>>
>>16653028
Does the fox brother have a crush on the little girl?
>>
>>16653060
Yes actually since they are about the same age. He was originally terrified of her, but after some adventures he's learned to trust her.

Sadly the feeling isn't mutual since she only views the party as friends. Which honestly is an improvement from her original view that all things that breathe are just murder targets.

I honestly spend too much time thinking up character interactions while playing elona...
>>
>>16653201
His goal must be to become a Fire Fox Brother in order impress her then.
>>
File: 1435725950644-3.jpg (118KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435725950644-3.jpg
118KB, 600x600px
Virtually all the dropbox links in the Mods pastebin are dead.
>>
File: slow and steady.png (644KB, 2088x394px) Image search: [Google]
slow and steady.png
644KB, 2088x394px
>>16650380
Mostly messing around. Aiming to make something of a firing squad with taught fire volley and shotguns

The android is extremely stronk thanks to consistently high potentials and gene engineering. Hoping to get herb-in soon so I can give ludicrous stats
>>
Elona Custom update W H E N
>>
>>16653642
It seems that our savior is having problem now from the wiki.
>>
>>16653642
Somebody gave a shot at it in the wikia thread and it's too much manual work without proper tools / documentation.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22264
>>
>>16653680
>>16653683
fug
>>
>>16653683
What is it about 1.65 that makes it such a big update?
>>
File: slow and steady.png (471KB, 676x392px) Image search: [Google]
slow and steady.png
471KB, 676x392px
I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but my zombie started giving birth to 'parasite kids'. I captured one and it turned into a Camoflaged Imp

I guess I'll uh, keep it? That's definitely one way to get a party member.

Note that I used a level 40~ or so monsterball to capture it, so it definitely changed from one monster type to another
>>
>this whole time I thought that more pets equaled more firepower but I was actually crippling myself by making it take ages for them all to level up.

I feel like a goof. You'd think having a huge band of goons would make your overall fighting power far greater but noooooooo
>>
>>16653787
Pets are magikarps, yeah.
>>
>>16653787
It depends on if you used the pet AI.

Having multiple pets to use healing hand makes your team immortal.
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown on what we know about Elin? I saw like wagons or something in one of the videos, will there be caravans? I don't speak jap.
>>
>>16653758
Whatever monster impregnates them is what pops out. Camouflaged imps can do it at range too.
>>
>>16654125
>Whatever monster impregnates them is what pops out.
I've only ever seen alien impregnation, even from non alien monsters. Is this a new-er thing?
>>
>>16654146
It's something Elona+ did in some more recent version. Apparently the resulting spawn can actually be random, so I wasn't entirely correct, but yeah.
>>
>>16653787
I had to do this but I didn't want to because they were my wives. At least they passed their genes to the rest of the harem and I got a lot of expensive equipment.
>>
>"Honey, why are you doing this !?"
"Can't spread the exp lol"
>"Wh- Please don't do that, just let me stay in the house, think of our future children !"
"Meh, i don't want to reroll yet so whatever."
>"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ARE YOU TALK- NO PLEASE NO LET ME OUT NOOOOO-"
"Only 0.050 ? Shit, need to raise my gene engineer potential lol"
>>
>>16654296
I never used any of my waifu as gene engineering material. I just modified the discarded ranch into a village and let them live there happily.
>>
Do pets lose stats when they die?
>>
>>16654523
Only impression, which comes back if you revive them personally.
>>
>>16649352
Everyone loves Shena's ass
>>
>>16654530
That's great. I was only taking my pets to dungeons on their level but as long as I don't die I can keep resurrecting them if something goes wrong on more complicated dungeons.
>>
File: elishe.jpg (20KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
elishe.jpg
20KB, 400x267px
>>16654537
Elishe's better.
>>
File: 1410188078345.png (900KB, 690x968px) Image search: [Google]
1410188078345.png
900KB, 690x968px
>>16654691
>>
File: very nice.png (205KB, 555x346px) Image search: [Google]
very nice.png
205KB, 555x346px
my android made her first very good item today and I'm very proud of her
>>
File: Roster.png (3MB, 1173x1796px) Image search: [Google]
Roster.png
3MB, 1173x1796px
>>16650380
I only train one pet at a time and my first pet was Saya. An Elea Warrior I picked up off the slave trader in Derphy. She's a Martial Artist student of my character Kai. Probably the second easiest pet I have ever trained yet the strongest I have ever trained. Only had two skill dumps which were Tactics and Martial Arts. I let Eye of Mind level on its own without dumping bonus points into it. Despite being the strongest her AI isn't complicated at all. Buffs herself with attribute and clear mind from the tactical martial arts learned from Leold and then proceeds to engage the enemy and pound it into oblivion with her fists. Her attributes and skills are where I need them to be so she's not always out but instead gets brought out when I need something deader than dead.

Second pet is Mai. My character's sister decided to join him after her misadventure at school. A little girl evolved into a witch. I wanted a mage pet but instead got something different. While I thought she would pew pew in the back the witch apparently loves to melee as well. She wasn't that easy to train either. 4 skill dumps(Tactics, Polearm, Two Hand, and Casting) lead to having a lot of time in training. Having said that, instead of getting a spell caster I got a pretty good support character instead so I'm still happy. Her role in the group is to join Saya out in front to deal damage with melee attacks and provide AOE through magic storm(Variable Storm learned from Leold). She also buffs the party with cheer and supposedly can cure insanity. Her attributes and skills are also where I need them to be so she's in reserve status like Saya.

Akeno is my current project but I probably won't begin her in earnest until 1.66 drops. Currently playing 1.65. I want to see if the shops get fixed so I can get back to business as usual and funnel gold into Akeno's training. For now I'm just amassing, hero cheese, herbs and potions, Speed upper and Hermes Blood, for her attributes and speed.

Akeno was a pet of my previous character/father and served as my character Kai's martial artist teacher. She's based off of the pro jet pet. A pet related to the bells since pro jet is 90% resistant to physical attacks. My character's father gave her a new body(sprite swap) seeing as he had little use for a little doll robot in combat. Since she spent a lot of time with my father helping him out in the void I'm going to say that her artificial body needed to be replaced which explains her current attributes. She was an expert in blades and her role was tank and DPS. She'll have the same role in my current group.

I had plans to add her to the group for awhile but definitely did not do so until now since I don't see pro jet or any bell related pet as easy pets to train up. Need a lot of resources to make them shine and fix their problems such as low HP. Didn't have said resources until much later in the game. First order of business for her will be gene engineering every creature from the slave trader into her to get skills and levels. Since pro jet is missing a lot of body parts, the next thing to do is go to dungeons and gene engineer monsters into her to give her a default 13 slot humanoid body along with learning more skills. Will use Hero Cheese to get her Life to 100 and from there on train her like my previous pets. Since her INI score is higher than normal, I expect her to drain me of gold at an alarming rate whenever we're in town to visit her trainer. I expect to pay over 1 billion gold in training fees over the course of Akeno's training.
>>
>>16655646
I'm glad that I actually inherited my pro-jet through soul spindle, makes training so much cheaper.
>>
>>16655301
You should reward her with a harsh dicking.
>>
>>16653233
Currently his goal is to become a Fire Fox Brother to feel useful AND impress Kaysierra (the little girl).

He's the newest member of the group, literally popping out of nowhere from a strange diary. Unable to go home, I offered him a place to stay.

He looks up to everyone in the party, and wants to prove his use since he is kind of squishy and timid. He hopes to eventually become "epic advenurers" like us. He doesn't really know that in the grand scheme of things we are small fry.

Also everyone calls him Mozilla. That isn't his name, but no one knows that and he is too shy to correct them (I honestly can't remember his original name).
>>
>>16653303
Supposedly someone is updating it.

>>16656677
Megid Flame is a sacrificial skill, in that he makes the enemy vulnerable but then gets too tired to do anything himself. He wants to impress everyone so badly that he's okay with becoming a martyr.
>>
>>16653749
It's not 1.65 specifically. Anna built the Custom patches with an older version of the HSP decompiler (presumably because the newer one didn't work or wasn't available) which assigns temporary names to all variables (like var_134, var_135... etc) rather than using their actual names.
To recompile it back into usable code, these temporary names must be converted back to their corresponding actual variable names. Anna dealt with this by having some sort of spreadsheet mapping the variables to each other and some automated scripts to find and replace large chunks of code at the right spots. We don't have these tools.
>>
What fucking negotiation does my shopkeeper need to be to sell curries? He's at 92 right now and they're just sitting there getting stale.
>>
>>16658388
Curries for some reason don't sell in player shops. Instead, sell it to a normal vendor.
>>
>>16657074
The funny thing is your pet actually don't have stamina and can spam it.

Megid Flame is one of the most broken skill against monster with great buff such as super regene.
>>
File: shitpost3.jpg (223KB, 1344x711px) Image search: [Google]
shitpost3.jpg
223KB, 1344x711px
Man, inheriting blessed potions of potential is really fucking powerful.
I didn't even had those stats before making a gene.
>>
File: PORTRaiT.png (32KB, 80x112px) Image search: [Google]
PORTRaiT.png
32KB, 80x112px
Made a portrait for SOLVENT. Just gotta make a sprite.
>>
File: gay shit.png (953KB, 1892x896px) Image search: [Google]
gay shit.png
953KB, 1892x896px
>>16659266
Trying to work with bitmap palette is a pain in the ass. Gotta work on sprite later.
>>
File: pigsty.png (634KB, 774x410px) Image search: [Google]
pigsty.png
634KB, 774x410px
>>16653028
>>16653611
>>16655646
Damn, those teams look really nice. A firing squad sounds pretty badass.
But yeah, its too much of a hassle juggling multiple pets at once, especially when some are too disproportionately stacked compared to others. The weaker ones end up burdens real fast, even with tagging.

Now, are your pets allowed they're own rooms or living quarters while living under your care?
Because no owner could possibly be cruel enough to just leave their companions out freezing in the hard rain on some ranch somewhere, while only the master's all warm and cozy. Right?
>>
>>16655646
Is Kai's sister weirded out by the fact that he's been around the same age for pretty much the entirety of her life? Or is the whole family on blessed slow potions?
>>
Would it be technically possible to increase the limit of items in a map? Or is the 400 cap hardcoded? What about the 2000 cap on stats and speed?
>>
>>16653028
Oh shit I remember seeing you on a /v/ drawthread way back. How's that party going?
>>
File: warsman is kawaii.png (288KB, 306x505px) Image search: [Google]
warsman is kawaii.png
288KB, 306x505px
Man reading your guy's posts makes me feel like a useless worm who doesn't know shit about anything. Especially that Kai guy. It's like joining a MMO after everyone else already got into it.
>>
>>16662471
The learning phase of any game is the most fun, consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>16661691
Why of course! I have a cyber house renovated with each of my main party having their own rooms. The Fox Brother has a Eastern style room with a shelf of books for reading, Mueller the Defender has a Holy Artifacts and the Statue of Jure in his room, Dom the Military Putit has a more spartan room with a bunk, computer, and weapons racks. And finally my Little Girl has a nice room with a fluffy bed, teddy bear, and other cute things.... and a torture chamber with gene machine and sand bag hidden behind her closet.

Besides that my shop keepers stay and there shop and all other unique pets that didn't mysteriously disappear in Kaysierra's room are training at the dojo... except Lulu the fairy.

I went a tad mad earlier with a campaign to wipe bloody mages off the face of the earth and part of that was capturing a fairy that stole money from me in a dungeon and starting a slaughter farm to build magic resistance. Problem is it was both inhumane AND a waste of time and resources. So now I'm trying to think of what to do with a traumatized fairy.

>>16662460
Yeah, that's me. Eventually gave up requesting them, might save up and actually commission something at some point.

Sadly things have been real chaotic IRL so my elona time has been nill lately. Last I left off I was still just trying to give them all a bit of individual dungeon grinding since I was starting to get a little to far ahead of them.
>>
File: dude.gif (3KB, 32x48px) Image search: [Google]
dude.gif
3KB, 32x48px
>>16659719
There we go.
>>
>>16661782
Good question. After thinking it over I imagine she's used to it. Not just her brother but her entire family. Since the Kai household is rich and has the resources to acquire almost any magical item given enough time such as blessed slow potions, its members pretty much choose a physical age they're most comfortable with and stays roughly that age. It just has to apply age reduction/life extension therapy every so often. Mai will probably choose to keep her age in the twenty range as well and stop aging from that point on.

Since everyone in the Kai family can pick an age to stop aging, family members don't really like saying they're x years old since it can be misleading for people that like to tie mental and emotional maturity to age as well as compare it to an expiration date. Instead, they say they were born on x date. From that, family members and people dealing with the Kai family can still keep track of who's technically older and younger in the family and can apply the construct of age as it applies to the law.
>>
>>16662710
So. Does that mean the Kai household is just immortal? Do they ever run into the common immortality tropes of eventually just getting bored with life and choosing to pass on? Or will they just keep on forever or until the universe ends?
>>
>>16662750
Yeah they probably can run into those tropes if they choose to live a peaceful life. Due to the Kai household directive of becoming strong and battling the forces of the abyss, members will most likely die in battle or conflict of some sort before growing bored or being there when the universe ends though.
>>
>>16662471
You are at the phase with most fun now. We do story of our adventure because there's not as much to do later.

The first struggle to get to Act 3, destroying Zeome and the tentacle angel is the best part in this game.
>>
File: home.png (3MB, 2005x1911px) Image search: [Google]
home.png
3MB, 2005x1911px
>>16661691
My party is mainly on the road most of the time so it's not too much of a problem that my home isn't finished yet. My home currently only has rooms for the servants of the Kai household and rooms for my character Kai and his sister Mai. Mai's room has a teddy bear in it and will be decorated with more toys and trinkets she finds as she visits towns. My room just north of the throne room has futons for visitors and my other party members if they want to sleep over.

Pets that are outside of my party are usually found on the ranch. Specifically a discarded ranch that I have to admit is an eyesore considering the rest of my property surrounding it. My pets usually are found there doing drills to condition themselves and sparring with each other. They can probably sleep in the buildings on the ranch but I wouldn't advise it. The place is falling apart. They're paid well for their services though so I imagine they could just stay at my inn that I have set up. Eventually the discarded ranch will be made into a pet dormitory and the rest of my pets will have appropriate lodging.
>>
>>16661691
>Now, are your pets allowed they're own rooms or living quarters while living under your care?
Each pet has at least a room.
One one character, I've got an entire wing of the palace split between my character and her wife.
On another character, I just built a house for each pet.
>>
>>16663056
Monster Girl sprite sheet update when?
>>
File: Elona17.jpg (235KB, 1282x827px) Image search: [Google]
Elona17.jpg
235KB, 1282x827px
It always feels like the longest part of the character creation for me is this part, getting them to just the right parts.
>>
>>16665728
I can stand stats being randomized but this kind of shit really annoys me.
>>
File: Ghost Party.jpg (379KB, 1282x827px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Party.jpg
379KB, 1282x827px
Never had one pop up so quickly after starting a game before
>>
File: Elona18.jpg (543KB, 1282x827px) Image search: [Google]
Elona18.jpg
543KB, 1282x827px
When did they make this change to make this a lot easier?
>>
>>16665942
The werewolf system was a mistake.
>>
File: Elona19.jpg (578KB, 1282x827px) Image search: [Google]
Elona19.jpg
578KB, 1282x827px
I guess they'd rather pick the emo guy who hangs around the graveyard a lot over the self-proclaimed werewolf for the execution
>>
Who is dumber the average NPC in Elona or the average NPC in Oblivion?
>>
>>16666068
Well, the werewolf has killed less villagers.
>>
>>16665942
>>16665966
It's certainly not working as intended. There has been a problem with how characters are tagged in the game in the more recent versions. Ano is aware of it and hopefully we'll see some fixes for it in the future.
>>
>>16666084
Elona.

I think a fairer comparison would be to Daggerfall, though.
>>
>>16664023
There's one in the mediafire link at the start of the thread.
>>
File: confusion.png (713KB, 1978x500px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.png
713KB, 1978x500px
More problems with custom AI

For some reason, this AI breaks randomly breaks. The pet just approaches the target and then complains it doesnt know what to do.
However, after re-initializing actions and setting them again, it begins working (temporarily).

It isnt due to the gauge, as my other 2 pets can spam volley fire indefinitely.

I've tried mixing it around, including removing the regeneration application and reducing it to simply 2 actions. This does nothing. So I think it's a problem with the pet itself.

Is this a known issue, am I missing something?
Does it have something to do with their base AI conflicting with the custom?

Left on the screenshot is the problem AI, the AI to the right is that of the (perfectly functional) pets.
>>
>>16667313
There's a cooldown on Fire a Volley when pets use it, same as any ability. You don't seem to have anything in there that has no cooldown and is set to be used when the pet's at point blank.
>>
>>16667396
But the other pets fair perfectly fine spamming fire volley. And this particular pet can spam it indefinitely until it randomly breaks and has to be reset.
>>
>>16662524
>>16662958
>>16663056
Wow... ok. That's probably far more than I've ever done to accommodate for most of my pets I'm sure. To be honest, just giving them four lousy rooms would probably never hope to do them any justice, more so now that I'm holding up to 59 creatures at the moment. I think its time to stop.

But that house though, it gives the feel like some ancient ruins or chaos fortress that was repurposed for better living conditions. That's quite a unique design, considering all I did for mine was just rework it from the default base lol.

Now, If I could, I'd utilize the space of all 11 levels of the house to assure that each and every one of them could actually have a place to call their own, but then the whole point of a discarded ranch just becomes redundant. Also the thought of redesigning the ranch never actually occurred to me. For now I guess that'll be another plan to add on to the back burner.
>>
>>16667304
Does it work with 1.65+?
>>
>>16667457
Put them side-by-side and see if there's anything missing.
>>
>>16664023
I had added this to the piratepad version of the pastebin, seems it still hasn't been updated in the OP though...

https://mega.nz/#!uZsjTbrT!QRwWUcGe5LX297Y-doxkW4-hn_5jizjw-mMZuP5LLQ4
>>
Does anyone have a link to Elona 1.62? Because the axfc link is dead and I don't know any mirror to old versions
>>
>>16667546
Nevermind found it. Link for those interested:
https://bloodyshade.no-ip.org:42333/ElonaCustom/e+/
>>
>>16667313

Maximum range for AI is 5. Anything larger than 5 will break it,
>>
>>16667864
Didn't know that, though that isnt the pet experiencing problems.
>>
>>16667533
If no one updates the pastebin by the end of this thread, I will. But why piratepad?
>>
>>16667868
I don't know, ask the anon that posted it, I just added to it after it had been linked
>>
>>16665966
Elona werewolves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XALVTzMOeQ
>>
I'm pretty new to Elona and I asked some people where I could get some "Custom Sprites" and I was refered to some japanese site that I can't make heads or tails of; then I was told to find these threads.

Anyone know where I am suppose to get these sprite sets?
>>
>>16668095
Here's one of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a1fazzocf6f9np2/
>>
I don't remember if it was some Elona+ Custom feature or not, but how do you change how mounts are displayed? I'm using one of those custom PCCs you could 'generate' using a JP website but I remember that since there isn't a 'mount' version of those you had to disable the 'show mount' part.
>>
Why can't I believe in the wish goddess. Fuck all the other gods that's killable by mortals.
>>
>>16668388
Eyth is the one true god.
>>
Is there a link for that PCC huge pack?
>>
>>16669035
>>16668104
It's included here.
>>
>>16668388
Why is a wish goddess even worth worshiping? From my perspective she's a bitch. In order to even make a wish you have to either a) drink from wells that cause you to mutate, become impregnated with aliens, spawn monsters to kill you, or worse b) cast a high level spell which would cause most people to burst into flames. She probably laughs seeing you guys do this while you die a horrible death.
>>
>>16669683
>She only reward the most devoted
>Other goddess grant their bonus to everyone

Whose the bitch now?
>>
Hey peeps. I've recently found i enjoy sprite editing quite a bit. Here's my three pets that i use in Elona+ currently. Let me know what you think.

I'm also thinking of trying to edit a moving character sprite. Which files exactly do i have to mess with for that (if anyone knows)?
>>
>>16669874
You forget to upload the image.

May the Wish Goddess bless you.
>>
File: BattleWaifus.png (32KB, 1148x875px) Image search: [Google]
BattleWaifus.png
32KB, 1148x875px
>>16669874
Lol no picture, pic attached f'reals now. They're edited assets from a character sprite sheet that basically makes everything into waifus. The ones i edited up are on the top, the originals from the pack are on the bottom.
>>
>>16669848
I agree. The wish goddess worshipers are probably bitches. I'd take up fishing for Ehekatl before consuming alien jizz to prove devotion to some wish goddess.
>>
What's my best bet for getting Generators en mass for more scrolls of Change Material? Where should my Detection be, DLs to look for, etc
>>
>>16669848
Wish for seven league boots. Get derphy five league boots knockoff that is cursed and has bad drawbacks. Thanks wish goddess.
>>
>>16662958
Where's yacatects room
>>
>>16668104
Sorry for the confusion. But do I just drop these in a specific folder I assumed graphic or only certain ones?
>>
File: muh fountain filters.png (49KB, 426x50px) Image search: [Google]
muh fountain filters.png
49KB, 426x50px
>>16669683
>>16670027
>not investing in a Ehekatl fountain water filter to remove the mutation causing carcinogens and the bad alien impregnating and monster summing halogens from your drinking water
>>
File: 36657218_big_p8.jpg (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
36657218_big_p8.jpg
101KB, 640x640px
>>16650380
>>
>>16670027
>>16670483
>Getting punished for being cheap
>Complain that the goddess is a bitch when you can get wish without drawback with the proper steps.
>>
Which class is good for a monk-type character? None of them seem to have any benefit for Claw/unarmed...
>>
>>16670903
Golems have higher unharmed damage in relation to other classes, like 3 more levels.
If you go predator you will need way less crit bonus in late game, or can go warrior or claymore but you will need to stack more crit chance to max it out
>>
File: elonaplus_2017-03-05_16-47-55.png (232KB, 339x335px) Image search: [Google]
elonaplus_2017-03-05_16-47-55.png
232KB, 339x335px
Is this a good roll for that Monk thing I was talking about?
>>
>>16670483
>>16670808
You make a good case to worship Ehekatl instead of this goddess of wish. Boobie goddess cares more about the plight of the poor that doesn't have access to clean drinking water.
>>
>>16670966
check the wiki, if you got the max score in STR CON and DEX you're done.
>>
File: Yaca.jpg (159KB, 850x1218px) Image search: [Google]
Yaca.jpg
159KB, 850x1218px
>>16670316
I may add a room for her in the future but for now she's welcome to a futon in my room. Even though she serves the Kai family now she's allowed a lot of autonomy. She's free to seek lodging anywhere she wishes and I don't think I have to worry too much about her expenses since she was the goddess of wealth.

>>16670966
Better than my starting attributes. My martial artist/mage only had 14 in strength, 18 in constitution, and 12 in dexterity starting out but has done well for himself.
>>
>>16668133
Change your sprite while riding. 'p' while on your character screen and switch the body to your generated one.
>>
>>16671048
>That Yacatect

Now I know why Kai bullies her.
>>
>werewolf shows up and does werewolf things
>wait until detective appears so I can cry rape
>two come into town, both are other werewolves
The children in Noyel will not know happy times for long.
>>
Does the statue of opatos generate differently leveled dungeons than if I reset them by changing continents? Don't know if it's just me, but it feels like the dungeons I get are a lot lower leveled when I trigger the diastrophism using the statue.
>>
>>16667961
Is it more up-to-date than OP's? Care to post the link?

>>16669035
https://mega.nz/#!VZ8iFSaY!DjstkAW7zMDj8RP1L1lhJV2jMRTfHS20WWyUr7LMRuI
This?

>>16670372
There is a readme inside.
>>
>>16670903
Predator is essentially the "monk" class more or less. Warrior and Claymore work too however.
>>
is anyone else using that RPG music pack from the pastebin?
Every time a song changes it makes a sharp loud noise for a split second. It's super jarring and hurts a lot. Is this happening to anyone else?
>>
>>16672077
Not what I was looking for but's much bigger so I'll gladly take it instead.
Though I have no fucking idea how to do this.
>>
>>16672077
How do I use this rar?
Everything is moonrunes.
>>
>tfw can't just buy a plot of land and rule over it while dealing with randomly generated events
>tfw no gameplay that doesn't involve travelling all over the goddamn map
>tfw just want to settle down and be comfy village baron dealing with the daily troubles of a sleepy frontier village

I-is this so much to ask?
>>
>>16672077
I can, but I think only a couple of things have been changed on it.
http://piratepad.net/0NjDjEilz0
>>
>>16672518
Good grief that sounds boring. It's like you want to be an NPC instead of an adventurer. Fuck that. I'm not going to teach the pissants how to wipe their ass. I have gold to make.
>>
>>16672568
>It's like you want to be an NPC instead of an adventurer.
I want to be the lord that sends adventurers out on quests instead of the adventurer. And besides, there could always be bandit raids and dragon attacks and the like, in addition to a mix of various other events of varying hostility.
>>
>>16672575
>bandit raids and dragon attacks
Not him but isn't that just the challenge and panic quests in a nutshell?
>>
>>16672575
I would be crying into my hands if I had to rely on the adventurers of the land to deal with some of the threats that show up on the job board. All those menus reporting of failure would just make me want to do it myself.
>>
>>16672587
Yes but uh
Well let me explain. I just can't get invested in games when I know there's little to no risk. Like I died, big deal, I store stuff before I go on an adventure that I'm not afraid to lose, and anything I do lose I can just get right back. Even your companions can just be revived if you have the coin. But if I spend all that time gathering money and finally founding a village of my own, populate it with peasants who entrust their lives to me, and I suddenly find myself facing a horrific monster or pack of brigands, knowing that if I am defeated my village will be raided, looted, or even destroyed outright, with all the inhabitants lifeless corpses on the ground? I suddenly find myself much more invested in the outcome of the battle. And yes you could argue that panic and challenge quests are like that, but the cities you protect are not your own, there are no innocent townsfolk in need of protecting, the event is chosen rather than random, and failing the event does not have any consequences beyond your own inconvenience.
>>
File: 1375519314849.jpg (24KB, 250x332px) Image search: [Google]
1375519314849.jpg
24KB, 250x332px
>>16672608
Play in inferno mode.
Make that game yourself.
Wait until expert systems able to craft tailored games are available.
>>
>>16672608
Go play Inferno or one of those other modes with real consequences for fucking up.
>>
>>16672621
Well I mean Dwarf Fortress and Mount and Blade already do this for me but I just think it would be neat to have the same experience but as a cute anime girl.

>>16672625
I'm not particularly concerned with my own life is the problem. I need someone/something else to protect. Maybe Elona just ain't my game.
>>
You'd thinking after so many updates they'd add more jobs and races aswell.
>>
>>16672627
Something to protect? Play inferno mode and then get custom. Turn on the feature that your pets have permadeath as well. Become a chain smoking jaded asshole like me after losing your waifus over and over because you're too much of a pussy to protect them.
>>
>>16672640
I might do that, yes
>>
>>16672608
>raided, looted, or even destroyed
Don't forget the "raped".
>>
>>16672781
You know, i thought hard about it, and it seems to me raping on the battlefield is really foolish.
Between the insecurity of exposing vital areas unnecessarily, the loss of time that could be spent pillaging, it leaves a lot of opportunities for counter-attacks.
It's much safer, and more efficient, to simply enslave the villagers and then rape them in a secure location.

N-not that i plan to become a warlord or anything, haha
>>
File: elona before elona.jpg (180KB, 652x581px) Image search: [Google]
elona before elona.jpg
180KB, 652x581px
>>16672890
This problem was solved literally centuries ago.
>>
>>16672360
If you are using custom, try disabling "enable random start for mp3" in tweaks menu.
>>
How does Meditation increase?
>>
>>16674939
empty your mana , pass time until it recharges
>>
>>16674941
I've done that and I haven't see it increase once. In fact, I think I've seen it level up with a full mana bar.
>>
>>16674947
as long as you gain even 1 mana point it should increase. You probably got 1 and didnt notice or got 1 because of traveling skill. If it doesnt increase you should improve it's potential
>>
>>16674947
Do it more. If you want to train meditation, you should never ever have full mana.
And it's possible that you got the exp to level it on the tick when it filled your bar, possibly because your max MP increased on a regen tick.
>>
>>16674939
Almost by just existing. I don't recall ever spending a platinum coin to restore its potential, bonus point to increase it, or actively raising it. While not the first skill I capped on my character Kai, it did eventually cap without me doing really much of anything except letting it level in the background after I spent some MP. I have heard in the past that the cap for the skill at any point in time is somewhat limited by your actual magic attribute. Not sure if that's true or not though.
>>
File: elona boss.jpg (475KB, 1030x797px) Image search: [Google]
elona boss.jpg
475KB, 1030x797px
I was planning to grind another 10 levels because I thought he would be hard but then he was defeated in a few seconds. That was a little bit disappointing.
>>
Didn't see this posted yet, but Bloodyshade from the elona wikia made an unofficial version of Custom for 1.65 - straight port from 1.62 custom with no new additions (but a few typo fixes).

It's not tested very thoroughly so proceed at your own discretion, back up your saves, etc..

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!F9ZVgLAA!1y9oQfVnyRChyFWc29x95BWQnFgZCyO02VupK1D1thQ
>>
>>16675780
What does 1.65 add anyhow?
>>
>>16676247
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_(Elona%2B)
>>
>>16676367
Oh I see, thanks.
>>
>>16675684
And now you get to go to Act 2
>>
Heh-Loh-Nah !
>>
>>16672360
It can also happen with other packs. Try removing the first second of a song and see if it stops, though it still might not.
>>
>>16675780
I'll wait a bit and see if people have problems with it.
>>
>>16672360
It happened to me with the ghibli pack so I disabled it.
>>
>>16675684
thanks oneesan
>>
Are you a werewolf!?
>>
Is there a monstergirl sprite sheet where half of the sprites aren't touhou/fate/granblue/whatever characters? I've been out of this game for a couple years, I remember when it was first entering circulation it wasn't so heavy on the cameos.
>>
Rueken still dead?
>>
>>16671048
This night I had a dream where everyone from the Elona threads had to join and use their characters to try to kill Kai, who went insane and wanted to destroy the world. I managed to deal one million damage to him, because he glitched and couldn't move, but he was just bored. Also it was an FPS.
>>
>>16678810
It has already been changed so many times by so many people, you'd have to find replacements for everything and add them manually.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l2jkzrgpiin4nz2

The earliest versions of the monster girl sheet were based on this, so maybe it could help.
>>
>>16681683
Cursed alcohol is still the best way to defeat Kai.
>>
>>16678810
This right here, I'd really love to have an up to date sheet with sprites that actually stuck to something similar to the original art instead of trying to cram in as many cameos as possible.

I was really disappointed when I saw that, though I know there used to be some decent sheets around.

>>16681699
said, it'd probably be a big DIY thing of hunting down good older sheets and picking the best out of them and tossing them onto the new one and adjusting it every time they update and mess with it more too.
>>
Has anyone else here played Lunatic Dawn? It's less anime but it's also a pretty detailed fantasy life sim.
>>
>>16681770
>>16681770
I thought cursed alcohol was nerfed? Got back into Elona recently and tried to kill utima with cursed alcohol. It didn't work and my golem was blown to pieces by its rail gun.
>>
>>16682114
Kai isn't an NPC.
>>
>>16681699
>>16681876
http://www.mediafire.com/view/94f1li854usjc1o/character.bmp
Made one on my own. Still monstergirl-y, just without cameos and with mostly restored male generics and some other things I liked from various sources.

I didn't save it before the first time I uploaded and posted so there was one set of bosses I un-replaced, this one's the one I'm actually gonna use
>>
>>16681770
The trick would be then be to survive 25 million damage after throwing the potion.
>>
File: jure.png (5KB, 48x96px) Image search: [Google]
jure.png
5KB, 48x96px
>>16685092
Time to take what I like and merge it with my own, again.
I find it funny that you kept Opatos and Mani as girls.

God, this Jure is so cute. I'm going to marry Jure!!!
>>
Since Bloodyshade has successfully ported Elona+ Custom over to 1.65, I've since started work on translating more things from the externalize folder. As briefly discussed on the wikia thread, I've setup a GitHub repository for this. I'd like to know if anyone here is interested in contributing to it.

https://github.com/Zostorinqo/EloCusTrans
>>
>>16686339
We have the everyone in the thread here. Some serve as good meatshield.
>>
>>16682009
Can I make a cute girl (male)?
>>
>>16686605
Oh Elona custom is up to 1.65 now? Cool.
>>
>>16686970
Yeah, Bloodyshade posted some download links if you scroll a bit up from the bottom of the comments here:
>>
>>16687997
Oh, radical.
>>
File: 113.gif (7KB, 80x160px) Image search: [Google]
113.gif
7KB, 80x160px
Hey, someone on /v/ is shilling this game, so I've come to see what the fuss is about.
Apparently it's pretty good apart from terrible controls and awful translation, are there ways to deal with it?
>>
>>16688108
>controls
You can assign spells and rods to keys 0-9 and ctrl+0-9
Pause with C, when in the stats menu press P to change your character's appearance. Since you're going to decide the armor you're wearing looks awful on your character (because it does), you'll need to find a dresser and press space.
For everything else, press ? for help.

>translation
Get Elona Custom.

>everything else
Read the wiki.
>>
File: 86VAVUV.png (531KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
86VAVUV.png
531KB, 497x732px
>>16688149
Thank you for the tips, weeb friend.
>>
>>16688149
>Since you're going to decide the armor you're wearing looks awful on your character (because it does), you'll need to find a dresser and press space
But I like the armor..
>>
>>170539735
Gross. I bet you like Elea too.
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown on the features that we know are in Elin? What's that whole game about?
>>
>>16678810
>>16681876

The best solution is to make your own custom character.bmp.

It's easy to do. Just use a grid.
>>
>>16688526
Not him but what's wrong with Elea?
>>
>>16689163
Around elves watch yourselves.
>>
>>16686605
Would it be possible to fix the typos and other errors that existed since vanilla Elona, such as "It grants your resistance" or "Juere's gem stone"? What about changing translations of things that already exist, like Kokou or Houzanha?
>>
>>16688108
It is one of the easiest roguelikes to control. Do that many people really have Elona as their first RL?
>>
>>16689588
As far as I understand it, the text data outside of cards, item descriptions, and npc data is all scattered within the source code itself (the game wasn't really made designed around multiple languages, no locale file structures), so without some sort of complex patching system it would have to be redone every time a new version is released.
>>
Is there any sort of special rules to using custom music that aren't on the wiki? I have some tracks that play and some that don't.
>>
>>16689875
Anna had a complex patching system, didn't she?

>>16689904
Do they have Unicode characters in their filenames?
>>
>>16690375
What do you mean by Unicode characters? Some of the ones that don't work have dashes in them but even one that just uses letters isn't working.
>>
>>16690375
Yes, but according to Bloodyshade, a lot of the text includes variables/formulas or don't have the language check coded in for them (to show Eng instead of JP), making a direct replacement difficult or pointless. We would have to coordinate with Ano to get a proper translation of system text like that.
>>
>>16690413
Are they mp3 files? Did you edit musiclist.txt? Try renaming one of them to "1.mp3" and see if something happens.
>>
File: musiclist.png (31KB, 608x614px) Image search: [Google]
musiclist.png
31KB, 608x614px
>>16690435
This is my musiclist.txt, or at least the parts I've edited. I changed the Title music to 1.mp3 to see if that'd help, but it didn't do anything (it was named like the town2 music before). Town1 and 2 don't work, and neither do the second two world map tracks. The other ones either work or I haven't gotten to a place where I can see if they do. I do know that mcBoss works though.
>>
>>16690494
See if the other songs play if set to play on the title screen, including those that already work. Get any other music file and see if they play on the title screen.
>>
>>16690494
Personally I find placing the Elona folder in the same drive as where you installed the video/audio codec makes the music works.

Not sure if that had anything to do with your case.
>>
>>16690513
I set it as one of the other tracks that work, and it plays fine. I guess something has to be wrong with the files, though I have no clue what it could be.
>>
>>16690543
Is it the codec issue?
>>
>>16690549
I only have one drive, so probably not.
>>
>>16690543
Check their frequency, bitrate and number of channels, see if they have something in common. Also try removing their tags.
>>
>>16690559
All the ones that didn't work had a bitrate of 320kbps. I changed one from that to 128 and it works now. Might have been a file size issue or just the bitrate either way but this is good enough, thanks for the help.
>>
File: pls help.png (585KB, 1292x693px) Image search: [Google]
pls help.png
585KB, 1292x693px
Anyone know how I can fix this or am I just fucked? Already tried elosnack to move my character's position and it wont open my save file. I also tried loading the file in a previous version (playing in 1.64, I tried 1.63) and it didn't work. Someone please help?
>>
>>16690591
I guess you can change them to whatever those that worked had, if higher than just 128kbps.

>>16690593
Where did you save the game? What was the version you were using?
>>
>>16690603
I last saved the game inside of my house and I was using version 1.64 of elonaplus.
>>
>>16690608
You didn't even update to another version and it's showing that? The save might be corrupt. Do you have backups?
>>
>>16690615
Nope. Unless the game saves them automatically, I guess I'm fucked? Just saved inside of my house, like I always do.
>>
>>16690618
You should always make backups every few days. Maybe something happened last time it saved. How much did you lose?
I guess you could try updating to 1.65 and hope it fixes itself somehow, or keep trying with elosnack.
>>
>>16690591
That's probably a codec issue if that's the case. Maybe you need to install a new audio codec, or just convert them to below 320 kbps.
>>
>>16690631
Neither of those worked. I guess I'm done with this game lol
>>
>>16690669
RIP
>>
>>16690712
F
>>
>>16672077
Okay, how do I use this mega specfically?
Where do I extract things?
Do I need to rename anything?
>>
File: elona+.png (1MB, 797x599px) Image search: [Google]
elona+.png
1MB, 797x599px
>>16649352
Sup /jp/, I want to get into elona, but the amount of downloads/packs is overwhelming
Is the basic Elona+ playable I have downloaded from the official site - v1.65
>>
File: 44871344_p12.jpg (127KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
44871344_p12.jpg
127KB, 600x600px
>>16691012
You can play Elona+ right out of the box no problem. Don't expect amazing English quality, of course, but I've definitely seen worse.

Most of the links in the pastebins right now are pretty much broken, so there isn't really as much available to you as it may seem, and pretty much all of it is cosmetic changes, some may not even be to your preference. The ones I know off the top of my head you can find by digging or via request are the monstergirl spritesheet, the large packs with various sprites (to use for whatever), some of the music packs, and I believe one of the anons here made a UI replacement with a very strong emphasis on the little sister character from the game.
>>
>>16691012
Get elona custom from one of the posts on this thread. It translates things to english.
>>
>>16691058
>>16691044
great, ありがとう
>>
File: 47787623_p19_master1200.jpg (286KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
47787623_p19_master1200.jpg
286KB, 840x525px
Since this thread is the only other english community for this game I'm aware of (besides the wikia), I will pose this question to everyone:

I'm working on translating item descriptions for Elona Custom right now, and I would like to know everyone's opinion about changing item names. Some items have been incorrectly named for a long time now (wood piece, bonfire, etc.), and the wiki pages refer to them based on these names.

TL;DR: Should I correct the item names or leave them alone?
>>
>>16691188
If you have a much better translation, do it.
>>
>>16691188
I doubt most people are attached to their precious "bonfire," so I say do correct them.
>>
>>16691852
I'm not even sure what item bonfire is.
>>
Any anons using the new 1.65 elona custom? Was wondering if anyone had run into issues with it since it was just a port of 1.62 without Anna's help.
>>
>>16691188
I say correct them.
>>
>>16691188
Always correct them
>>
Good game? Sell me on it, /v/
>>
File: elona.png (40KB, 616x118px) Image search: [Google]
elona.png
40KB, 616x118px
>>16692774
>>
File: element.png (30KB, 1013x63px) Image search: [Google]
element.png
30KB, 1013x63px
>>16692774
>>
>>16692854
>and so the soul returns to the element
ROASTE
D
>>
>>16692236
I switched to it yesterday after it didn't get a bunch of immediate "this is fucking garbage"s and haven't run into anything yet. Seems fine, though I'm using it on a new-ish save file.
>>
File: shit casting.png (347KB, 584x370px) Image search: [Google]
shit casting.png
347KB, 584x370px
>>16692774
>>
>>16691188
Correct them, then add a redirect page for the changed names on the wiki so people searching for them still get the right articles.
>>
File: virgin loser.png (127KB, 720x510px) Image search: [Google]
virgin loser.png
127KB, 720x510px
>>16672491
>>16691006
Things are divided by categories. Find things that look good, then manually replace/merge them with whatever you are using.

>>16692774
>>
File: 33758905_p4.jpg (602KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
33758905_p4.jpg
602KB, 840x525px
>>16691436
>>16691852
>>16692239
>>16692304
Thanks bros, I think it's pretty clear no one wants the old names at this point.

>>16691930
It's actually supposed to be called 'brazier stand', the word in japanese can also mean bonfire, but the item (based on desc and sprite) is not a bonfire, seeing as it's a metal cage on a stand holding coals and such.
>>
>>16693785
Guess who's getting fired
>>
>>16694011
Correct them in Custom, but I'd be wary of editing the names on the wiki as when people eventually get bored of maintaining custom and we're back to vanilla then the names on the wiki won't correspond to anything.
>>
>>16694368
That's what redirects are for.
>>
File: 61474013_p0.jpg (262KB, 500x1249px) Image search: [Google]
61474013_p0.jpg
262KB, 500x1249px
Elona+ has now been in development for over twice as long and received over four times the amount of updates that the original Elona did. What do you think of that?
>>
>>16695017
I want to pierce Gwen in her deepest depth with my sword, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>16695017
natsukashii
>>
>>16678810
>>16685092
Though, complaining about cameos and references is silly in a game that has clear references to Dragon Quest, Bioshock, Guild Wars, Pokemon, Ultima and others since day one, now that I think about it.
>>
File: funky fresh.png (47KB, 359x63px) Image search: [Google]
funky fresh.png
47KB, 359x63px
>>16695017
>>
Since INI is dependent on your starting stats, it would be good to roll for low overall stats right?
>>
>>16695282
In the long run, yes. Not if you're a new player though.
>>
>>16695017
Huh, there is another elona comic artist? Do they have a pixiv? I remember going through what I thought was all the elona art a bit ago.
>>
>>16695282
What's the point though, in the long run? Are the extra bonus skill points valuable enough to bother about +/-1 INI at character creation?
>>
>>16695282
>>16695508
Only low speed matters. +/- 10 INI won't matter at all.
>>
File: 64.png (680KB, 1280x760px) Image search: [Google]
64.png
680KB, 1280x760px
I hate this.
>>
>>16695686
I think you can just take them from the box, drop them, open them, then leave them in the shop for your shopkeeper to convert into more cash/chest type items
>>
>>16695689
Yeah. Already done that. I just think it pretty silly. Safes in safes.
>>
>>16695689
Wait, how does the shop sell the safe? What type of shop is required?
>>
>>16695686
Not sure if it's for roleplay purpose or you didn't realise it, but you can sell the item in your shop by placing every item in the same tile.
>>
>>16696012
Dont know about the basic one, but Inn should be the one to sell containers
>>
File: amurdead.png (656KB, 1450x625px) Image search: [Google]
amurdead.png
656KB, 1450x625px
Finally I killed this guy. Valkyrie with her martial arts carried the battle, but I had to fury everyone to get past his super regene.
Here's hoping Kumiromi's scissors will help me to have larger herb farm than 3 half-dead plants.
>>
Did EloChat got shut down or something?
>>
Can you be gay in this game?
>>
>>16697088
Good job! I actually used Megid Flame to remove his super regene instead.
>>
>>16697496
You can sex virtually every NPC in this game.
>>
Anons, what random thing you've done in elona was the most memorable or made you feel the most accomplished?

For me it surviving breaking into the mages guild to learn control magic with barely any resistance and maybe at level 22.
>>
File: Its all kinds of gay.png (342KB, 846x238px) Image search: [Google]
Its all kinds of gay.png
342KB, 846x238px
>>16697496
Practically everyone living on Irva are all pretty much pan/omni/para-sexual by default, so just simply being gay shouldn't even be of concern.
>>
wHY PLAY Elona instead of dwarf fortress?
>>
>>16697774
It's less obtuse.
>>
>>16697774
It has cute girls.
>>
>>16697774
Why not?
>>
>>16697774
Why should I play dwarf fortress instead of Elona?
>>
>>16697926
Dwarf Fortress has cute dwarf girls though.
>>16697952
You can make a fortress and stuff?
>>
>>16697955
Can you impregnate the dwarf?
>>
>>16697955
Adventure mode is fun, but fortress mode has gotten kinda boring for me. I still prefer Elona for its more traditional RPG feel though.
>>
Apparently you can't use slaves to fulfill the fighter's guild quests. Now I have spent a whole in game month looking for juere infantry and the guys just don't appear. Sad.
>>
>>16698604
I've found that the best way of doing these quests is to forget you're doing them and just explore dungeons.
I had a quest to kill 3 skeleton berserkers and completed it sometime after giving up even though I didn't remember fighting a single skeleton berserker.
>>
I fed my exile blessed forbidden meat and he's a female now. Do I need to change anything else so that the female evo happens instead of the male one? Last time I used the meat it changed the gender but the male sprite was still there.
>>
>>16698621
That's what I've been doing but it was the last search before I could get the rank 5 or higher quest so I was motivated for that.
>>
Do my pets gain and spend skill points when leveling? If so do they get additional ones for high learning?
>>
>>16698788
No, leveling only gives them extra HP and MP.
>>
File: genadv.png (2MB, 801x1201px) Image search: [Google]
genadv.png
2MB, 801x1201px
>>16689614
Not that anon but Elona was my first RL. Coming from games with a lot of handholding(On the rails forced tutorials) almost to the point of being obnoxious, I found the game kind of refreshing that I had to get my hands dirty and muck around with stuff to see what they did instead of being told what they did. Made discovering things more interesting and fun. Think other games may have a less complicated control scheme but after playing around with Elona's controls, it eventually just clicked and I found it comfortable enough.

While you got to learn a bit about the controls through the tutorial, it certainly didn't exactly teach you everything you would eventually have questions about. So I had to slowly learn about the controls. Heh, now that I think about it, you can probably play spot the newbie if they use the action wheel. For a long time I used that for my actions until I memorized the shortcut keys. Note that all of this for me was before I even knew about the game's wiki, forums, or communities. Looking back, I could have saved myself a lot of grief if I just visited the controls section of the wiki.

>>16697583
Accomplished a lot with my character Kai from getting out of bed to godslaying. However, before Kai became a powerful entity in my game, his mother was proving Rorans weren't just for selling to slavers and that they were strong.

Back when I started playing the game almost nobody knew how to raise pets. As such, most people soloed the game. If they played with pets the advice on that was pump and dump. Dominate or capture the strongest pet you can get and when you were strong enough to get a stronger pet ditch the old one for the new. There were a very rare few that actually held onto a pet for a very long time and managed to get them somewhat strong. I was pretty amazed in the past to see someone with a golden knight with attributes in the 200 range. That was quite a cool oddity back then.

I was inspired by that rare few to take the most unlikely pet at the time and make them strong. The little girl. Most people were either selling their starting girl for easy gold, abusing them, or told them to pretty much go away for a very long time. Many a little girl at a bar were waiting for their masters to return for them but that day never came. So taking the advice of the rare few that were actually building up their pets instead of dumping them, I got to work on my little girl Yuki. I l tested out things I learned and made some tweaks to other people's strategies and eventually I hammered out my own take on raising a pet. So I felt accomplished in succeeding in that endeavor.

Yuki eventually grew up to be a very powerful Valkyrie that I had solo the god Itzpalt including his inner form. She successfully dispatched him without me buffing or healing her throughout the entire fight. So the little girls and Rorans everywhere now have a godslayer to call their own. My character at the time married Yuki and she gave birth to a girl and a boy. The boy would become my Inferno character Kai which became very strong too.
>>
>>16699091
That's mostly possible due to the changes to pet raising that E+ introduced. None of that would be feasible with Elona's old ways of pets, and people would still be pumping and dumping. Which I'm also glad isn't true anymore.
>>
Does anyone know what the reward for doing the thieves guild level 40 quest does?
>>
>>16699318
It lets you molest your black angel in a new way.
>>
File: 49467607_p0.png (2MB, 1440x1409px) Image search: [Google]
49467607_p0.png
2MB, 1440x1409px
#neverforget

It's not that I forgot I left you at the bar little girl. It's just that I died before I could come to retrieve you.
>>
>>16699278
Yeah I love the more recent E+ pet changes. Or maybe not so recent Idunno. Last I played E+ Leold was just getting implemented. Herb cooking is unreal. It's like a million times better than vanilla, early pets were absolute trash and if you weren't ditching them you might as well have been soloing. That felt shit, I hate discarding characters that are with you since the start of the game. I've been having very cozy adventures with my cute fairy.
She got soul mate really quickly due to being ranged and my only other pet being the little girl, showered me with breakfasts and gryphon scale stuff from tailoring, and ate a soup of wonderland off the floor to become human sized before I even knew what it did. Now she's a killing machine that's taller than me and blows shit to smithereens with a machine gun. She takes care of me and I make her huge with spenseweed cakes and horse steaks. I wanna evolve her really badly. Bind seems great.
Every time I come back to this game I wonder why I stopped.
>>
>>16695401
Just search for "elona" on pixiv and you'll find him.
>>
File: 1371952829095.jpg (80KB, 633x406px) Image search: [Google]
1371952829095.jpg
80KB, 633x406px
>>16697583

A lot of the random parts of the game are really memorable to me.

>Out of cure corruption potions
>Palmia wizard was selling one for ~$70000gp
>Only have $30k or so
>Spend the next 10-20 minutes performing, doing party time and hunting quests, etc
>By the end of everything, still about $12k short
>Stumble upon a madman throwing his money around! $17k.
>Buy potion, cure myself, leave Palmia, get ambushed.
>Enemy drops another potion.
>>
>>16699501
Yeah, I just noticed. I basically trawled through all of Pixiv for elona art when I first made my account, and I sorta assumed that would be the end of the art.

Turns out I highly underestimated the Asian Elona fans.

>>16699476
I am glad I started playing Elona once plus was around then. The most fun I've had is running around with my little party and making up stories as we all grew stronger. Couldn't do that if it was only beneficial to toss away old pets or go solo.
>>
>break into the thieves' guild and kill everybody and their mother
>-40 karma
Not even all the potions of corruption in the world can save these dirty cops from north tyris.
>>
>>16697583
There's quite a bit, but this one unbelievable period I went through was when I was actually fortunate enough to find wishing books – not once, but 4 consecutive times – from this same loli-faced magic merchant (rank 880) doing business in Eirel. First time ever, throughout this multi-godforsaken game, the RNG slipped up so bad by giving that long of a break.

As for an accomplishment... I guess it would be finally getting all the parts together to complete my 'heavenly gateway' thing a while back. holy fuck! making angel statues is such a pain in the ass...
>>
Apparently someone tried to revive the Elochat.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:19535#100

change in your config,

serverList. "1"

And change everything in your server.txt to

elochat-proxy.shiroko.yi.org%elona.squares.net%
>>
File: server.jpg (700KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
server.jpg
700KB, 1920x1080px
>>16700606
>And change everything in your server.txt to
>elochat-proxy.shiroko.yi.org%elona.squares.net%
With everything you mean these two?
>>
>>16700623
No, remove everything. Server.txt should only have elochat-proxy.shiroko.yi.org%elona.squares.net%
>>
File: Elona20.jpg (656KB, 1282x827px) Image search: [Google]
Elona20.jpg
656KB, 1282x827px
It wasn't me! I swear!
>>
>>16700689
He is the werewolf!
>>
File: 1..png (44KB, 403x189px) Image search: [Google]
1..png
44KB, 403x189px
Is it working?
>>
>>16700759
Seems yes to me, though no one is in the server I guess.

Need some time for exposure, not like the player is many to begin with.
>>
>>16700759
>>16700795
It doesn't seem to work for me. When I try to enter a message using tab, it says "[0] You need an internet connection"
>>
>>16700797
Strange, i don't have such message. Did you check your network connection.
>>
>>16700828
I mean, the network connection setting in Elona.
>>
Is it a Sin to focus on one or two stats ?
Like, keeping everything at Supreme without caring about them except for like learning and dexterity, quaffing blessed potions of potential ONLY according to the potential of those focused stats ?

Long term it changes nothing, but short-term it rubs my autism really the wrong way. But it's not fun to grind everything at the same time !
What's your what on this what ?
>>
>>16700834
I did that, nothing wrong with it.

Though herbed food and training machine made all your stat grow uniformly enough.
>>
>>16700854
Is using the training machine before the dumbell of opatos worth it ?
>>
Sorry for asking, but I really want to play Elona and I have a question, what version should I use and what mods should I install?
>>
File: shitpost4.jpg (142KB, 1344x711px) Image search: [Google]
shitpost4.jpg
142KB, 1344x711px
I'm not sure i have enough fireproof blankets...

>>16701025
Can't go wrong with the latest Elona+ !
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:24341
>>
>>16700937
No.
>>
Where is the school located? I can't find it.
>>
I'm so autistic i don't understand jack shit of this game.
>>
>>16701784
It's the other way around, being autistic would actually help you.
>>
>>16701767
Nevermind, found it, I shouldn't had replace the graphic in 1.65 with the 1.63 one.
>>
>>16693021
Well that is at least a confidence booster. I'll just back my saves up as normal and see. Turns out I never even updated to 1.63 even though I was sure I did.

Reading through the change logs, is it even worth it to teach your melee pets shadow step anymore? If I'm reading 1.65 right then pets will basically just use a regular attack now with the nerf to npcs.
>>
>>16702031
It still puts them in melee range and stops liches from liching. I can't imagine not running it on melee just for the utility. The attack will hit less often but it still gets them in there.
It's a normal attack in melee range to make it so that pets with bad AIs using it while they're already in melee range don't eat the accuracy hit all the time.
>>
File: Kanna_kamui.png (2KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
Kanna_kamui.png
2KB, 48x48px
Couldn't find Kanna Kamui from Kobayashi on ElonaUploader so I made a quick mockup.
Hope /jp/ likes it.
>>
You get so much money from selling panties it feels unfair.
>>
Can I really not mix sulfuric acid with a shit weapon anymore? I just want to hit for peanuts so I can ball these ranch horses with good traits.
>>
File: jin.png (291KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
jin.png
291KB, 512x512px
>>16701111
surely you have enough stock in ice ball to take care of them
>>
>>16702203
Oh, shows how bad my reading comprehension is. I thought for npcs it completely converted all attempts to shadow step into a normal nonmoving melee attack no matter the range of the target.

Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>16702516
If you want to weaken them and don't have the knockout feat you could always just poison them with poison or dye to whittle them down for monster balls.
>>
File: poof.png (462KB, 815x636px) Image search: [Google]
poof.png
462KB, 815x636px
600+ million gold just went poof and instead I'm getting random gold amounts. I can't seem to collect more than 4 million gold in Kai's player shop sales before the gold amount glitches and I get a random amount in the safe lower than 4 million. Elona+ 1.66 and its bug fixes, hopefully for the shop as well, can't come soon enough. I swear Yacatect, if you're stealing from the safe I'm going to bully you so hard...

>>16700797
>>16700828
I also have the same problem. Checked the ingame network settings and have all three options set to yes. Made sure serverlist was set to 1 and deleted the server text file to create a new one with just proxy.shiroko.yi.org%elona.squares.net% in it. Can't seem to make it work. Running Elona+ 1.65. Also turned off firewalls and AV temporarily just to test if they were interfering somehow but still no go there.
>>
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:24604
1.66 is out.
>>
>>16703218
So specialty shops only sell items for 1.5 times the regular amount, and dungeon gold has been drastically reduced, multicasting for npcs has been nerfed a bit, and bomb rocks are much easier to deal with now.

Well that's what mainly matters to me from this update at least.
>>
>>16703218
>The equipment that NPCs spawn with and rare drops that have a 1/100 chance of getting generated or less now have 5-20 times the rate of getting generated. However, there is a trigger that decides if they will get generated, and this has a 1/4 chance of being turned on at the start of each day. Once [a rare piece of artifact equipment or rare drop] spawns, this trigger is turned off. These items will never drop/spawn when the trigger is off.

So there is now a 25% chance per day that you're almost guaranteed to find a minor artifact or rare item. Very interesting.

>>16703307
Only Nefia gold.
>>
What level does this black market vendor need to be to sell anything worth buying? 119 and I haven't seen anything worth a second glance, I'm not even halfway through act 1 yet. I definitely remember black market vendors being really good. Have they been nerfed some time in the last couple years?
>>
>>16703218
>the chance of ranch animal breeding/produce spawning has been quadrupled.

Pretty damn nice, I may try breeding animals for resistances again. Last time I tried, it took two months for a single ice ent to spawn.
>>
The pet in the shop gets more charisma the more he sells, or it's related on how expensive are the things in the shop? Or selling only one item will do the trick?
>>
So, are you ready?
>>
>>16703218
So, is there any chance of another unofficial elona custom port for 1.66?
>>
>>16703550
Bloodyshade will probably do it.
>>
Are monster balls supposed to just be ludicrously rare
I've seen one from a merchant ever, after the first bunch you get from the obvious quests.
>>
>>16703853
There's a ball merchant in South Tyris.
>>
Can an item that has "provides an interlocking shooting mechanism" activate in the range slot?

I found a kitchen knife that has it, plus a decent magic resistance boost so I was going to give it to my little girl.
>>
>>16704069
You should be able to test that easily by equipping it.
>>
>>16703218
Oh, so brainwashing can be countered thanks to your own charisma now, nice, this means charisma is not a garbage stat if you're a pet master now !
Even makes the yacatect megacoin worth equipping for the charisma boost.

I'm sure people have died due to their monster of a pet getting brainwashed in dungeons.
>>
File: Chow Yun-fat eats a couch.gif (472KB, 594x499px) Image search: [Google]
Chow Yun-fat eats a couch.gif
472KB, 594x499px
>>16703449
I'll make you a star!
>>
>>16703334
>So there is now a 25% chance per day that you're almost guaranteed to find a minor artifact or rare item. Very interesting.
You're also screwed the other 75% of the time.
>>
>>16704518
1/4 is better than 1/100.
>>
What melee weapon style would be best for my defender in the long run? Would it be possible to make a pet shoot at enemies that are too far to walk to, but melee enemies that are close by?
>>
>>16705007
You can change pet AI with Custom.
>>
>>16705007
Teach them Shadow Step.
>>
File: moregold.png (983KB, 790x2065px) Image search: [Google]
moregold.png
983KB, 790x2065px
>>16703218
Wow that was quick. Yacatect is thankful too. Looks like the shops got fixed. Too bad for my 600+ million though. Somehow those thieves are behind this!

At any rate, able to have more than 4 million in the safe without glitching and trade ins seem to be working as they should.

Was wondering how the change to named NPCs showing up to party time quests would affect my ticket farming. Seems no change really. Still able to make up to around 20k each party time quest. Like how we're able to leave party time quests early and how the strad is now purchasable through music tickets. Unfortunate that fascination dance still doesn't work on summoned spirits though.

Good grief did farming gold from dungeons take a massive hit. You were able to make about 1 million gold before but now in 1.66 the highest I've made so far is 250k from a lv 497 dungeon with 5 floors. Apparently the gold cap for the piles are now 50k. The dungeon boss doesn't seem to carry the a big pile of gold. instead, the last floor has two big piles you need to look for. Shops are practically mandatory now if you're going to make gold and help your earnings from dungeons. From just picking up all the junk gear from the dungeons I went to and selling stuff I crafted, my shops are churning out almost 5 million a gold each in game day.

Zisilion seems to be working now. Seems to give 3 platinum each day as long as you do job board quests. Won't say no to free platinum for doing what I usually do.

Also anyone catch the detailed changelog part where they said Karata was a metal pet with elemental immunity? Reminds me a bit about how the metal bit was before the nerf to it. Wonder about using him/her as a base for a metal pet if it's true that it's elemental immune on top of being metal.
>>
>>16703218
><Oti-Tubaki>, <Hero's cloak>, plank of Carneades, and <Nightmare> will now get randomly generated. They are unaffected by the aforementioned trigger.
That means, they will now spawn on random adventurers rather than on little sisters/travelers/etc?
>>
>>16705249
Does Preaching works on Summoned Spirit? Time to convert those infidel into believing the one and only true goddess, Jure.
>>
As an update for any not keeping up with the discussion thread on the wikia, Bloodyshade is currently working on getting Custom out for 1.66. Meanwhile, I'm slowly chugging along getting item descriptions translated, some of which will appear in the next version.
>>
>>16705531
Excellent! You both are doing Jure's work.

Mind dropping a link to the discussion thread?
>>
File: 23992046_p0.jpg (152KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
23992046_p0.jpg
152KB, 900x700px
>>16705990

In Jure's words: 'I-it's not like I'm doing it for you or anything, b-baka!'
>>
1.66 reminded me how i missed the "leaving the harvest quest early" goody from custom.
>>
>pet silver eyed witch is getting her ass kicked by a stormbling that keeps doing a bleeding attack
>loses 3/4 of her lifebar and another pet casts healing rain every turn
>recall her
>kill stormbling
>finish clearing the area of enemies
>call pet back
>heal her
>still bleeding
>every turn she loses so much health she's basically kept on life support
>doesn't have any weird hex or cursed equipment
>fuck it, back into the pet dimension you go
>exit dungeon, get to nearest town and find healer just in case
>healer does her thing but doesn't cure my pet either
>after a few turns she finally stops bleeding

What the hell was that? Some other pet was attacked by the same stormbling but it didn't get this fucked up.
>>
>>16706323
Each time an attack inflict bleeding, the magnitude is added and the duration refreshed.
So spamming a bleeding attack means eventually an outrageous DOT effect, and while you're limited by stamina, NPCs aren't so the height they can reach is without limit.

Note that quaffing an heal potion remove a lot of magnitude, with more powerful potions removing more magnitude. Potions remove a lot of status effects, keep a dozens handy at all time Anon, i worry for you !
>>
>>16706323
I remembered spamming a few continuous attack on a shade accidentally, ended up with me having haemorrhage, losing 90% of hp every turn, spamming Cure of Jua for years before I'm cured.

Thanks Jua,
Your true believer.
>>
>>16706466
>>16706602
I didn't know serious bleeding needed more than one heal to remove. Thanks.
>>
File: mticket.png (613KB, 1627x636px) Image search: [Google]
mticket.png
613KB, 1627x636px
>>16705529
Surprisingly it does work. I'm trying my best to wrap my mind around what is happening at this party.

"Gather around everyone. I want to tell you all about my bff Jure and how she can bring peace and healing into your life. Have any of you heard the parable of Jure heals a man of 52 curses with Kindness?(Only the astute of Jure's worshipers will understand this parable isn't a feel good parable because Kindness is actually a blade but the kiddies and mothers will love it.)"
>>
Anyone having luck making the new chat work?
>>
When you start with a new character can you give him a stack of deeds of heirship? Should I start buying these if I ever want to try making a gene?
>>
>>16708580
If you think about it logically why would it be a good idea to store deeds of heirship for an heir? The deeds would be in the heir trunk which needs a deed of heirship in the first place to access.
>>
>>16708641
With only one deed you get a stack of deeds. Tha's how I was thinking it would work.
>>
Do I remove very old and obsolete download links from the pastebins, such as a link for Custom 1.61.1, torrent for 1.55.1 or Experimental 1.55.4a?
>>
>>16708580
The Marriage and Genes section of the wiki says deeds can't be inherited.
>>
>>16708679
If you can, yes please.
>>
https://mega.nz/#!khZgHLja!km8mvUVwMhinB02nkgq31JZ1Gb2mU-321EjFWCFwEwc
Custom for 1.66 is out.
>>
>>16708827
How much the game changes compared to 1.62?
>>
>>16708857
See the changelogs on the wiki. I was using 1.62 and I'm going to update now that Custom for 1.66 came out.
>>
>1.67
>Gavela now lets you add the body part of your choice instead of a random part. The amount of Life taken away depends on the body part added.
I'm sure many people will be happy with this.
>>
File: 60692506_p0.jpg (378KB, 995x1001px) Image search: [Google]
60692506_p0.jpg
378KB, 995x1001px
http://pastebin.com/EvdH5JvS
I updated the main pastebin. The mods pastebin won't be ready for next thread. Please use it next time, OP-san.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (136KB, 813x637px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
136KB, 813x637px
I guess I won't be updating the game until I get bored of my current character. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, after adding the elona custom I'm only moving the save file, it updates and then it crashes.
>>
>>16709215
Does 1.66 work by itself? Where did you save the game?
>>
File: nospaghetti.jpg (31KB, 287x277px) Image search: [Google]
nospaghetti.jpg
31KB, 287x277px
>The rare drop trigger now has a 50% of remaining on after a rare item spawns. However, when you load a save it has a 10% chance of turning off and the game will also do a hidden auto-save. It won't affect players who don't save scum.
>>
>>16709239
Apparently it's not the save file.
Elona+ gives me an error.txt file with this
HspError 12 WinError 3 Ver 2890 Mode 0
efId 0 efP 0 Area 7/1
ci 58#463 ti 0#466 cc 0#0 tc 0#0 rc 58#34
3. ctrlFile2 ct:0
2. ctrlFilemdatan/end ct:0
1. ctrlFile4 ct:0
0. ctrlFile4/end ct:0

Sorry.

And elona+ custom just gives me the #error 1 message.

Both cases were just by making a new character. I just looked in google and somebody had the same issue with an old release. Maybe my download was somehow corrupted.
>>
>>16709263
Did you merge folders while updating? You're not supposed to do that. Put 1.66 in a new, empty folder. And try downloading it again, maybe from Bloodyshade's site.
>>
>>16709268
I didn't merge anything. Just a normal installation.
I'm downloading it again from bloodyshade's website, before that I used the japanese lnk from the wiki.
>>
>>16709282
I also got a broken file while getting it from axfc for the first time.
>>
I got an error as well with the latest version of custom.

HspError 7 WinError 0 Ver 2890 Mode 0
efId 602 efP 76 Area 2/1
ci 62#210 ti 9#567 cc 58#68 tc 9#27 rc 57#505
3. main_init:Begin ct:245
2. main_init:End ct:0
1. pc_turn_init ct:0
0. turn_end:pc ct:0

Everthing's installed right. Crashed twice during random encounters after magic was cast by AI.
>>
Post on the discussion thread so he can get it fixed.
>>
Does violent garden ever fall off? This thing seems crazy.
>>
>>16709482
Special action is based on learning and gardening skill. The poison damage is reduced by poison resistance. It's a decent special action mainly because it has a ranged bind. Useful for positioning yourself. Kai has both gardening and learning 1000+ and it does about 20k damage to the enemies I fight in the void. It's ok I guess. My magic storm can hit for 60k and my punches can hit for up to 3 million though. So the damage might not be as good as other things but at least it hits a lot of targets and has that bind.
>>
Do I just mark links as dead in the mods pastebin, or do I remove them completely?
>>
>>16709700
Just delete the entries entirely. If people later decide to update a past work that was deleted then you can make a new entry and put the link down.
>>
https://mega.nz/#!A8oy2LzA!UR6-rgJrOBqoZQnJnq17ImJz24AN2-n1BMjZi9BPIbo
Custom 1.66.2, this time hopefully without crashes.
>>
What's the up-to-date tl;dr of melee pets and ranged pets? I know I want shadowstep above all else but are weapons actually good or is it unarmed city? Does ranged still suffer from PV bloat?
>>
File: 60387761_p0.jpg (3MB, 6000x8000px) Image search: [Google]
60387761_p0.jpg
3MB, 6000x8000px
>>16650853

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ovb696lc75ka7xa/

The all-in-one pack has been updated to work with 1.66. There are also a few changes in the spritesheet, and this time I included the original, un-scaled face sets for anyone who wanted them.
>>
why do these god damned overpowered fucking cockatrices keep showing up on my shitty farms fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>16710087
You shouldn't have put any platinum into your gardening skill.
Even with 10% potential you can reach level 100 really fast anyway, but not so fast you can't keep up with the monsters your gardening will spawn.
>>
I can't believe the "/jp/ music pack" wasn't in the pastebin anymore. Who's responsible for this?
>>
>>16710195
If the download link dies and no one reuploads it, that's what happens
>>
>>16710198
The link never died. Some ass just removed it.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r1g6054tqseelbo/NbmBXKTUi9
It'll need an updated musiclist.txt and probably won't replace newer songs, but it should still be good.
>>
http://ylvania.org/files/Elona%20-%20Graphic%20Pack.zip
I have just discovered Noa himself added sounds replacements to this new (last year) version of the official PCCs pack. Didn't test them yet though.
>>
File: 59798688_p0.jpg (173KB, 589x831px) Image search: [Google]
59798688_p0.jpg
173KB, 589x831px
>>16709125
I managed to update both of them.

http://pastebin.com/iKuzYgBK
http://pastebin.com/tQk5sjSV

Added everything I had to the mods pastebin and put the 1.66.2 Custom link in the other one, as well as links to Hebiko's GitHub. Unless someone remembers anything else to put in these pastes, they're good to go.
OP-san, please use them for the next thread.
>>
File: character_v1.66.png (2MB, 1584x1488px) Image search: [Google]
character_v1.66.png
2MB, 1584x1488px
So real quick I updated the monster girl sprite sheet to 1.66. Nothing new added, just did the swap that Ano犬 did with the chicken sprite and the addition of the new school npc sprite.
>>
Around what shop rank do scrolls of contingency start popping up?

I'm trying a no magic run, except magic device, and would feel much safer with contingency scrolls.
>>
Got the skills from the thief trainer.
Now, just need to last three from the magic trainer, and i'll have all skills.
Kinda scary in Inferno mode, but it was relatively easy.
The magic guildmaster is kinda on the elvel of Zeome, so if i don't die it'll mean i'm ready for South Tyris, though i'll still wait a little longer regardless.
>>
Elona really need some kind of item tagging.
Going through all that stuff for specific resistances or skill is a chore, especially when some good items have a lot of multiples.
>>
Since the update dropped have any anons been still experiencing crashes with elona custom 1.66.2?
>>
>>16711851
When in the inventory, you can press 'z' to toggle a display of all the elemental resistances equipment gives, but that's about it.
>>
File: oh my god.png (92KB, 289x498px) Image search: [Google]
oh my god.png
92KB, 289x498px
After a whole in-game year I finally managed to raise my Juere swordman to get 150 charisma re-selling items at the shop (He was at like at 70 I believe when I got the great idea of finishing this quest) and only to give him to that whore that stole my first Juere swordman.
I feel like this has been a total waste of time.
>>
>>16712246
You could just capture a monster with 150 charisma for a quest. That's what I did, because no way in hell I'm giving that bitch one of my allies.
>>
>>16712280
Sadly I'm only level 50. I can't go against these monsters yet.
But it was fine, I wasnted to get rid of that guy from my party and let one of my wives in the shop since I want to train a new girl I found.
>>
Does Sense Quality ever get big enough to identify stuff laying on the floor by just passing over it?
>>
>>16712032
Using a non default font and the font in the profile sheet is different than the rest of the sheet. Attack animations seem faster in Custom than in the regular Elona+. Noticed it especially when casting magic storm. I get crashes every now and then. Not using a custom AI or routine for pets either. Don't think I've turned on any tweaks either. Regular Elona+ works fine for me. Haven't crashed in it yet.
>>
>>16712407
>profile sheet
meant profile section of the character sheet ie background info of the character.
>>
File: picture.png (552KB, 646x680px) Image search: [Google]
picture.png
552KB, 646x680px
Weird. When I want to give my Juere swordman the whore asks for my lazy sister. But her charisma is so low. And it's not a sprite error since the whore doesn't ask for anything if I take my lazy sister to the discard ranch.
Maybe she doesn't want the same kind of sex partner.
>>
is there a way to disable world map naps?
>>
>>16712336
It can only partially identify items until you pick them.
>>
The farm is off to a great start. Not even half of plots are seeded, but plants already are withering faster than I can rejuvenate\replace them. And, of course, I only get stomafillias and curarias.

>>16712474
Hm, does she ask specifically for the lazy sister? Maybe you marked the swordsman as precious pet. Or, if she's in shop, you need to take her along.

>>16712336
Yes, but it'll very rarely fail, and it's only partial-ID (material, quality, BUC).
>>
File: old.jpg (105KB, 588x376px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
105KB, 588x376px
>>16712606
>Maybe you marked the swordsman as precious pet
I don't remember when I did that. But that solved the problem. Thanks.
>does she ask specifically for the lazy sister
Yes.
>>
File: payup.png (1MB, 1405x851px) Image search: [Google]
payup.png
1MB, 1405x851px
Alright time to pull Saya off from inn duty. She made me a fantastic amount of gold. Surely she'll need to be reimbursed for her training in negotiation and other expenses. She'll also have to be payed for her work. Astar gets paid around 60k so I'll just write a check for...

"I want a million gold but just for you I'll make it 999,999 gold." ~Saya

Saya I know you don't like being a waitress but I...

"999,999 gold. Do you have any idea of the crap I had put up with while you were away?! I should be charging even more for just having to deal with Raphael!" ~Saya

and so Kai learned that it was expensive to have Saya as an innkeeper and was happy to let Astar have the job.
>>
So what good actually is the inn? Do you just sell opened bejeweled chests and get new ones or something?
>>
File: innstf.png (472KB, 816x639px) Image search: [Google]
innstf.png
472KB, 816x639px
>>16712899
I don't sell chests or containers in my inn. Instead, I sell potions and things related to potions which is the other thing an inn specializes in. The gold I rake in is nice from it but what I'm really after is potion trade ins. I've gotten a decent amount of speed uppers from my inn. I don't care if things are cursed or not due to holy water/bless overriding the curse.

I particularly like the speed uppers because just one potion can get someone's speed back up to 400% potential. Allowing herbed in curarias to increase my/or my pets speed like any other attribute at a decent clip. The 1 increase to speed when consuming the potion is just the cherry on top.

You can also get other sorts of potions from trade ins. Like gasoline to add a damage buff to fire spells. While I haven't seen herme's blood or a potion of descent traded in yet, I can't rule out that it's not possible to get them yet.

I mainly stock my inn with junk potions I find in dungeons and craft an unholy amount of beer to fill the shop. Been making almost 2 million gold from my inn just doing that. Just one of the shops Kai owns. He also owns a blacksmith and magic shop.
>>
>>16712979
Should also mention that blessed potions of potential do not raise speed potential. So speed uppers have increased value because of that.
>>
>>16712407
Bloodyshade is working on getting a new fix released for it. Chalk it up to lack of sleep I guess
>>
Alright, he uploaded a new version, if anyone who was having issues with custom can try again
>>
>>16713461
He should have named it 1.66.3.
>>
>>16713461
If he didn't rename it and it's still the 1.62.2, I'm still crashing in this random dungeon.

HspError 10 WinError 0 Ver 2890 Mode 0
efId 0 efP 106 Area 462/44
ci 0#232 ti 0#636 cc 72#831 tc 74#332 rc 244#0
3. main_init:Begin ct:245
2. main_init:End ct:0
1. pc_turn_init ct:0
0. turn_end:pc ct:0
>>
>>16713461
It works fine but it crashes at random in dungeons.
>>
File: Capture.png (180KB, 452x309px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
180KB, 452x309px
Would you?
>>
>>16713682
>>16713876
Bloodyshade needs more levels in HSP before his patches work flawlessly.
>>
>>16714004
He needs some damn sleep first. People make stupid mistakes when really tired
>>
Tonight's the night I get a living weapon.
>>
>>16714019
Need Sleep! and VERY Tired.
>>
>>16714019
Ya he should sleep first. Push the release few days late, we can wait.
>>
So, would any of the people experiencing crashes be so kind as to share their save so I can further debug the problem?
I promise I'll delete it after I'm done fixing this mess.
>>
>>16713971
I'd equip it while on the world map to travel faster i guess.
Not for combat though, that's bound to give you some surprise one-shots.
>>
>>16710487
Please upload it somewhere, so it can go into the pastebin.
>>
>>16712693
>2000 CHR with low negotiation

That's why you don't hire a skill-less overly beautiful employee. They don't do the job at the level of salary they have.
>>
>>16712979
Speaking of shop, I really hate how the shopkeeper/breeder/pet in house taking up a space in my party even if they are not following me.

Makes it especially difficult when I tried to dominate a bunch of gene material or hunting little sister.
>>
>>16714477
Do you have the materials?
>>
>>16714351
Sorry for the delay, just got back from work
https://mega.nz/#!rctwWY6C!5KZXDKXx5LsxBMGUSJTCqs-cXI9ut-UcDLrPPZTolo0
>>
>>16714533
Yes. If I didn't it would show up in red, but it's not even listed.

And my question has been deleted
>>
>>16714787
>And my question has been deleted
Because you frogposted. Don't do that here.

If it's not listed, make sure you actually have 54 alch after equipment maluses and that you're using an alchemy kit and not something else.
>>
File: fulllst.png (3MB, 801x2413px) Image search: [Google]
fulllst.png
3MB, 801x2413px
>>16714391
To be fair though, Saya's negotiation of 116 is actually better than most of the recommended shop keepers on the wiki besides the mra. She actually sells more things and gets me more gold than Yacatect with a negotiation skill of 300ish. Max useful negotiation for shopkeeper is 288 according to the wiki. Only reason why she didn't get more gold than her in an earlier picture is because she's selling less valuable goods in an inn while Yacatect is selling magical armor and weapons.

A bit surprising since I had put more value in negotiation but apparently customers really value a pretty face. So I yanked Astar off of the inn temporarily to get a surge in gold with Saya but good grief is her training fees enormous. Guess Saya wants to make it loud and clear that she wants to kill things with her fists instead of holding down a shop and luckily she's good at it with her 1000+ in tactics and martial arts.

>>16714396
I know what you mean. Really would like it if multiple pages get added so we can hold more party members. I just turn in little sisters as soon as I finish dungeons now.
>>
>>16714861
Wouldn't just making her train in town be cheaper at this point ? Her INI is kinda low.
Can't argue with instant, worry-free targeted training though, it's probably worth it even at one mil a hit.

Also, i guess it's nice the training cost in shops cap somewhere.
>>
>>16714880
That's a good question. In town training cost vs shop training. Did a quick test. Saya's negotiation was at 46% and to raise it to 400% took somewhere between 100k-200k. Saya must really want to get out of the shop or the trainer she's visiting specifically isn't ripping her off compared to whatever trainer is coming to train the shopkeepers at the shop.
>>
>>16714912
I bet it's Moyer.
>>
>>16714149
>5 hours ago
It crashes inside the dungeon but it works fine outside of it.
https://mega.nz/#!QBdxhDab!BOYpqHMO-9LNtazl_4mDFVBd_yDnEnkteGR7KraMN40
>>
I want to give my kid [shit] as a birthday present, /jp/.
>>
>>16715610
You kidding?
>>
>>16716036
You seem stress, let rub you :3
>>
>>16716044
*anon the shitposter slightly steps away from you*
Thread posts: 435
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.