[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who's the most tragic 2hu?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 21

who's the most tragic 2hu?
>>
koishi fucked up pretty bad
>>
>>16574763
Sanae.

She's a better character than Marisa and Reimu yet barely shows up in the games.
>>
>>16574763
Junko, Mokou, Koishi and Yuyuko were really tragic but I just have to agree with him
>>16574778
>>
>>16574778
How do you pronounce Sanae?
>>
File: junko pokemon moon.jpg (718KB, 1350x1000px) Image search: [Google]
junko pokemon moon.jpg
718KB, 1350x1000px
Junko maybe?
>>
>>16574801
Sanae
>>
File: 61424165_p0.jpg (1MB, 1900x2400px) Image search: [Google]
61424165_p0.jpg
1MB, 1900x2400px
>>
>>16574808
Thanks
>>
>>16574778
UFO
TD
LoLK

3/5 main danmaku games as a main character since her debut, you call that barely?
>>
File: C3U_ni9VYAAiZE_.jpg:large.jpg (223KB, 1247x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C3U_ni9VYAAiZE_.jpg:large.jpg
223KB, 1247x2048px
>>16574763
Seija
>>
File: images (18).jpg (12KB, 200x256px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
12KB, 200x256px
>>16574763
Rin Satsuki

She had a really cute design. She could have been a fun and interesting character.
She could have been extremely popular just like the rest of the EOSD cast.

But she never had a chance to shine and was dead before she was even born.
She essentially was, the aborted 2hu.
>>
>>16574830
and don't forget she was the Extra stage midboss in SA as well. Only main game she didn't show up in since MoF was DDC.
>>
>>16574763
Komeiji sisters, Junko, Mokou.
You could say Yuyuko and Byakuren, but those now lead a happy life.
Oh, and obviously Bones, who's yet to appear in a new mainline game.
>>
>>16574778
Green Reimu(Luigi) is a better character than the original?
>>
File: 14269756426945.webm (505KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
14269756426945.webm
505KB, 480x320px
>>16574863
She was the most fun battle I had in any Pokemon game.
>Unique Dream type in the whole game, weak to nothing
>Absurd amounts of defense, won't go down even with status ailment
>Will appear in between every boneka to play Perish Song
>Rin returns after you defeat all the other insanelly powerful bonekas for her final standoff
>Plays the only thing capable hurting herself
>Followed by dramatic effects and a guitar solo
>>
Hello? Can we please talk about Sanae some more? Please!
>>
>>16574778
Since Sanae's debut in MoF:
SA (Extra midboss)
UFO (playable character)
Soku (playable character)
DS (Extra)
TD (playable character)
HM (background character)
ISC (boss)
LoLK (playable character)

Only games she misses out on are SWR (but she appears in Soku anyway, so), GFW, DDC, and ULiL. Are you okay, anon?
>>
>>16575158
She's the worst protag by far with that awful personality.
>>
The Komeiji sisters
Shinmyoumaru's story in DDC is pretty sad
Junko
The Hourai immortals have a fate worse than death
Yuyuko had a very sad story but she seems happy now

Kogasa isn't really sad, she's popular in the village as a babysitter and the children love her. She just can't scare anyone
>>
>>16575158
What are her ten desires?
>>
You listed ass twice
>>
File: Really Kasen.jpg (43KB, 206x367px) Image search: [Google]
Really Kasen.jpg
43KB, 206x367px
>>16574763
She has a missing arm!
>>
>>16575746
I don't remember her ever complaining about it.
>>
Parsee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs9fwWIe2hI
>>
Alice, because her mom kicked her out and now nobody loves her.
>>
>>16575778
But Patchouli is dating Alice.
>>
>>16575752
She does a lot, that is why she is still looking for it.
>>
>>16575791
Pics or it's not happening.
>>
File: junko time.jpg (128KB, 553x856px) Image search: [Google]
junko time.jpg
128KB, 553x856px
>>16574763
It's Junko.
>>
>Koishi posters
Self-inflicted kind of decreases that by a lot.
>>
>>16577494
Except that she didn't know about the collateral effects. All she wanted was getting rid of her ability so she could be accepted by others. It added insult to injury.
>>
>>16577511
And cutting the special tie she had with Satori, thus effectually leaving Satori behind to become a mentally half dead person constantly on happy drugs. I'd say Satori is far more tragic. I can't feel bad for a girl that abandons her family for her own selfish reasons.
>>
File: gu.jpg (424KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gu.jpg
424KB, 768x1024px
She's doomed to have people not understand how her power works.
>>
>>16577640
Did you read my post? She didn't want to become "constantly on happy drugs". She just wanted to be normal. Who was supposed to know closing your Third Eye leaves you in that state and gives you another, potentially more dangerous ability? Tons of character from tragedies aren't aware of what their actions will lead to. It wasn't a "selfish reason", different people have different degrees of self-confidence. The one who's leading the "better" life is Satori, since she isn't as emotionally frail as her little sister, who's stuck in a limbo she will have a hard time escaping: she'd need a reason strong enough to counter her own subconscious impulses, by placing her in a position where going back to her terrible life is instinctively more desirable than her current state.
>>
>>16577730
But she'll eventually die and will stop duffering then.
>>
File: recollection_13.jpg (513KB, 1280x1822px) Image search: [Google]
recollection_13.jpg
513KB, 1280x1822px
>>16577737
>>
File: recollection_14.jpg (496KB, 1280x1822px) Image search: [Google]
recollection_14.jpg
496KB, 1280x1822px
>>16577885
>>
>>16575120
Which Moemon is that? I have World Link and some other one on my 3DS
>>
>>16577885
>>16577890
Road of Recollection, huh? Now that was a trippy experience. On the topic of doujins, I did eventually find one which includes the last part of >>16577737 , "Utsuho of the Void". It can get somewhat dark, so I don't know if it's your cup of tea.
>>16578100
Not that anon, but I found Rin Satsuki in Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced, a Fire Red hack which includes Johto as well.
>>
>>16574763
Technically, I think it's Parsee. All other sad 2hus have the potential for some recovery (unless I'm forgetting someone) but Parsee is cursed to remain jealous no matter how her circumstances improve.
>>
>>16578319
Right, forgot about Parsee. She's jealous even of people with lives worse than her own life, poor thing.
>>
>>16577737
So? In the end Koishi is now in a happier state. She didn't expect that result but it's not a worse one. Dunno why people like her so much.
>>
File: durr.png (105KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
durr.png
105KB, 480x362px
>>16578369
>Dunno why people like her so much.
>>
File: hurr.png (868KB, 1126x893px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
868KB, 1126x893px
>>16578513
Half right, here's the other half
>>
>>16578369
I wouldn't say it's a better one, even if she's basically in a no-win situation. Initially, she was probably perfectly fine with her new condition, but you can tell from her impression on Reimu/Marisa in SA and the whole Mask of Hope incident that she's starting to feel regret. And this is where things start to become complicated, as she has briefly realized her situation isn't a good one but she doesn't have enough will to give the final push to her eyelid.
But most importantly, the ones saddened by her situation are the ones witnessing it: can you even call "happiness" something which consists in being unable to do anything but following your instincts? Can you consider a comatose man having pleasant dreams (ok, I'm not sure if people do dream in coma like in those cheap theories about every series, but you can always think of those stories where life is a simulation and stuff) happy, even if, at the end of the day, he's tied to his bed, without actual, conscious involvement in his own "joy"? I'd rather see her open her Third Eye again, even if it means going back to that terrible life. At least she can "reunite" with her sister.
I personally started liking her after I listened to her theme and saw a picture of her: the rest established Satori and her as my two favorite characters, but keep in mind this thread was about "tragic 2hus", not necessarily 2hus you like.
>>
>>16578319
I'd say both Junko and Yoshika are both past the point of no return.

Junko had her family stolen from her, her life destroyed, and now her entire existence revolves around attempting to get revenge against someone that she cannot get to and who cannot be killed, and even Junko herself admits that these futile attempts of hers will continue for eternity. Her grudge will never truly be settled, and any semblance of peace she might find will never last.

And Yoshika? She was implied to have died under suspicious circumstances, she's eternally in the thrall of a sociopathic hermit who may or may not have been involved in those suspicious circumstances, the magic that prevents her body from decomposing doesn't protect her brain (which may or may not have been intentional), and what's left of that rotting brain retains enough of her former self that she displays traces of her original personality when not under her master's control.

Any way you slice it, both of their lives are pretty much fucked beyond any hope of repair. One's doomed to continually seek vengeance until the heat death of the universe, while the other is condemned to eternal servitude to an evil bitch while what little remains of her self literally rots away until she's mindless husk with no personality beyond whatever her master forces upon her.
>>
>>16577640
I have no sympathy for satoris, they're an annoying lot that can't help being annoying. It's best that they stay out of the way and stop annoying people. You can tell they enjoy it too. What they don't enjoy is the general reception they receive, I guess, and I suppose in that sense you can call Satori and Koishi sad, but otherwise whatever, it's in their nature. They probably don't even "have to" read minds, going by how you can tell Satori is actively searching for thoughts in Marisa, Reimu, or their partners, and later has to try searching Okuu's heart for memories.
>>
>>16578784
>and later has to try searching Okuu's heart for memories.

In Satori's defense, that was probably like trying to find a single grain of sand in an Olympic-sized pool, so it's no wonder it would require some actual effort on her part.

Not her fault her bird's a dumbass.
>>
>>16578731
Didn't think about Yoshika. If you put it that way, I guess Ellen from PoDD could be considered tragic as well.
About Junko, I like to think letting her experience emotions different from grudge would "taint" her purity and, little by little, help her return to a "normal life", even if it means losing her powers or becoming human again.
>>16578784
If you actually read the print works, you'd know that 1-"She probably does not really want to read anyone's mind." (Kanako, SoPM) 2-"This girl can surely read people's minds, but not their memories. That is why this hypnosis is necessary to awaken these traumas." (Marisa, GoM)
Why do you think Satori secludes herself and Koishi took such a drastic measure?
>>
>>16578784
>you can tell they enjoy it too
And that's why they isolate themselves from others. Flawless logic there anon.
>>
>>16578731
Knocking up Junko might fix that, but good luck not getting raged on.
>>
>>16579053
It's funny you say that, because if you actually paid attention while reading the print works you'd know they're almost entirely speculation. There's no point in bringing up Kanako or Marisa's SPECULATION.
>>
>>16579105
>And that's why they isolate themselves from others. Flawless logic there anon.
>>16578784
>What they don't enjoy is the general reception they receive

Flawless reading comprehension, anon.
>>
>>16579536
I read that. That still doesn't change the fact that if they would be annoying assholes like you're describing them they really wouldn't care about what others think about them.
>>
>>16579531
I love the "Everything written in the print works is baseless speculation" meme. This is what Nitori fans would always say, until HM happened.
Why would Kanako support this view on Satori when she clearly doesn't like her and she certainly isn't shy about her own opinions? You can clearly tell when the characters are speculating and this is not the case. Not to mention the fact that my points still stand.
>>
>>16579626
Not necessarily.

Their nature is to prattle on with your thoughts, and as it's their nature, why should you believe they don't like doing it? I even cropped Satori for you from her debut, and her dumb catface as she reads Reimu's thoughts. She does this immediately and without hesitation, and tries reading (keyword, tries, as in actively) the person Reimu is with. They love it.

But just because they love it doesn't mean they're incapable of recognizing others hate it. They're not amanojaku. If they're compelled to do what they must do (read peoples thoughts and speak them aloud) then, if they have any kind of decency, they'll get out of the way or do what Koishi did.

>>16579635
>I love the "Everything written in the print works is baseless speculation" meme
Fuck off, ascribing anything you disagree with to "meme". Akyuu's books call Reisen an EARTH rabbit AFTER we know she's lunar, she outright states that many youkai exaggerate themselves, and Kanako is blatantly speculating in the very quote you pulled ("probably" doesn't mean "definitely"). Kanako doesn't know everything, all she knows is that she doesn't want to deal with Satori. She also says that after Marisa says they should probably lay off on Satori.
>>
Its obviously the Fortune Teller

He even goes through all the narrative stages of Greek Tragedy
>>
>>16579667
Akyuu calls Reisen an "Earth rabbit" because she lives on Earth now.
>>
>>16579723
And let's not forget the Salt Mansion owner. Death due to Miko negligence.
>>
>>16580994
Not quite, she calls her that because she doesn't know the people of Earth are mooninites. She also calls her a youkai, though lunar rabbits != youkai.

All I'm saying is that they're not "word of god", as it were, which is what makes them interesting really. They're from the perspective of the characters.
>>
File: 1480034204397.png (382KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480034204397.png
382KB, 500x600px
>>16581063
>the people of Earth
I meant to type Eientei...
>>
>>16575105
Well Luigi is better than Mario, so it's a possibility.

Who's the Waluigi of Touhou?
>>
>>16581662
Sakuya
>>
File: Yuyuko.jpg (510KB, 1036x907px) Image search: [Google]
Yuyuko.jpg
510KB, 1036x907px
>>16578156
>Utsuho of the Void"
>Nuclear Bird goes full retard and kills everyone but herself and Koishi
>>
>>16581773
Nice fanfic but Orin is still stonger than Utsuho even with her nuclear powers.
>>
>>16580994
That's what Reisen calls herself later, but Akyuu says that because she isn't aware that Kaguya/Eirin are Lunarians.
>>
>>16581780
>>
File: 1442853734557.png (433KB, 401x638px) Image search: [Google]
1442853734557.png
433KB, 401x638px
>>16579667
>I even cropped Satori for you from her debut
Is that your argument? Because almost every Touhou have some sort of smug face.
>>
>>16582425
So every Touhou enjoys what they do, doesn't that just prove my point?

She's not going OH WOE IS ME, TO READ YOUR MIND
>>
>>16582472
How does that prove your point. Why would she feel bad when Reimu and Marisa barged into her house with "I'm going beat her and go home, I'm going to steal her shit." Also.
> if they have any kind of decency, they'll get out of the way or do what Koishi did
But they literally did that. That's the point of their characters.
>>
>>16582560
I didn't say they had no decency, I said I have no sympathy for them.

And I don't really know what you mean by that. Technically this is one of the few times Reimu and Marisa had good cause to "barge" into a place. In most routes, Yuugi outright tells them to visit the palace. Sure, they're pretty rowdy once they're in, but they half have reason to (this was one of the more irritating incidents, seeing as they had no motivation for resolving it). Basically, it's a rare instance of them just visiting a place, being attacked, and meeting the owner (who they were told to see), who then reads their minds without another word.

And, of course, you must assume this is always her behavior no matter the person because 1) that is what mythical satori do and 2) in Touhou, everyone hates satori because they do this
so I don't even know what your point is.
>>
>>16574801
Sah-Nah-Eh
>>
All of them. Because they're GAY.

DO YOU FUCKING HEAR ME?! TOOHOO IS GAY.
>>
>>16587923
Don't make me unsheathe my weapon.
>>
>>16574763
the fans
>>
File: actual 2hu gets bapped.jpg (10KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
actual 2hu gets bapped.jpg
10KB, 188x268px
>>16574763
Sachiko
>>
>>16574763
Obviously Reimu.

Yukari is the only one that gave her donations, but she doesn't know.
>>
>>16578731
So you are telling me Junko is tragic because she's an inmature cunt that cannot get over some bad shit that happened to her?
>>
File: 3a109a1273b99bb53b116a0e67299556.jpg (579KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3a109a1273b99bb53b116a0e67299556.jpg
579KB, 1000x1200px
In my headcanon I've always imagined that Sakuya had a quite tragic background.
That would explain why she used to hate humans so much and also explain why she adores and respects Remi so much, because Remi probably saved her from the tragic stuff.
>>
>>16600423
Wasn't she serving as a maid in the SDM because she tried to kill Remi but failed and Remi spared her life?
>>
>>16600431
Her background is still unknown
The only thing we know is that it was Remi that gave her the name Sakuya.
>>
>>16600300
Well she's only slightly less petty than the USA.

She even works with the most American Touhou. An immature child on an ego trip with great power. Zun was spot on for his commentary on the US and it's foreign policy.

As that is most definitely a pointless war of aggression for sins centuries ago. The Lunarians probably don't even remembering some brat that long ago they killed
>>
>>16600620
Who is this "Zun" and how is he related to Touhou?
>>
>>16600646
Delicious bait, here, have a (You)
>>
>>16600882
Stop bringing crossboarder manners here and learn how to spell name of our lord properly.
>>
>>16574863
I've wondered for a long time why she ended up being scrapped. He had a name and design for her and everything, but she never came back.
>>
>>16612296
She would have been better than Reimu, Marisa and the other sluts and ZUN knows it, so he killed her to prevent it.
>>
>>16617557
It's just too cruel.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.