[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/jp/ Ainu Project

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: hokkaido0715-1_0.jpg (711KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hokkaido0715-1_0.jpg
711KB, 1600x1000px
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jaGEi4ERwP8z6PIJndYQhAD7yt-OQZ1Re6FhxdJIF5g/

Does anyone remember this? At the time of posting, it was last edited on Nov 9, 2013. Warosu searches show only 2 posts.
https://warosu.org/jp/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=ainu+project
>>
it's safe to assume whatever productive collaboration /jp/ starts inevitably leads nowhere
>>
>>16510055
what was the end goal of this? write a dissertation on the Ainu race?

>>16510126
generally true for 4chan and other online communities.
>>
>>16515106
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S11247704#p11248867
>>11248867
>How about all of us team up and write a better book on the Ainu? If not than I'll write one with nice big colorful pictures. In the front I'll put this in my acknowledgments of the first page
>"This book is dedicated to /jp/ - Otaku Culture [Japan General]. In all the years spent together through a tight nit community your inspiration never ceases in our mutual interests of otakudom."

>Not really a matter of if I do it now. I'm going to write a book on it in my life time and a better one than any other seen in English Literature. It will have an entire section on Ainu weapons.

Sounds like they were looking at writing that, more or less.
>>
>>16515138
interesting. I think getting an imageboard to collaborate well enough to write a book is unrealistic, unless it's one author taking contributions and working them in.
>>
I was one of the anon doing this and was telling someone about us doing this project years ago. I'm doing a lot of work lately, but I still want to do this.

It made my day to see someone remembers this. Hope we can bring the team back together. This would give me another excuse to visit Japan this year.
>>
>>16515840
Glad to hear it. I'm more interested in reading stuff like this since doing some college courses similar to it. I can't guarantee I'll contribute but I'll at least read some of the sources or something.
>>
Would a better way to work this be to have /jp/ as a discussion board, some central project management facility off site, and a blog to post articles to? A collection of articles might be a better to way to go about this as it wouldn't need to wait for a ton of work to be done before any work would be published.
>>
>>16524797
All you really need is people interested in whatever you're working on. Those things you mention are a byproduct of interest, but they don't actually create interest themselves. People either want something or they don't, and as you can see by the lack of updates, whoever was working on this lost interest.

If you can get others interested in it, maybe you can revive the project. I'm not really interested, but maybe some others out there might be.
>>
>>16524797
I wouldn't mind a Discord server with a shared gdrive/dropbox folder, but I am not sure how others would feel about it. Wouldn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable with working on the project because of the social interaction or potential drama that could arise from people just talking in a chatroom for what could be months. Not everyone likes to deal with people directly, and imageboards facilitate interactions due to being impersonal.
>>
>>16529368
A wiki might be a more appropriate format. There have been several attempts by /jp/ to create wikis in the past (either about /jp/ or /jp/ topics in general, or about more specific topics) - but all of them were born as pet projects and died as pet projects.

Hope springs eternal, etc.
>>
>>16529368
I'd be fine with hosting or joining a discord server but I wouldn't have much to contribute. Also, does anyone know if its possible to have articles published in journals if you don't have any sort of qualification relating to the topic?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.