[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tokyo Idols documentary

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170127_105237478.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170127_105237478.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
Saw this documentary at Sundance Film Festival. It showed the behind the scenes of being an idol. It it followed a few otaku who were kind of cringy.

Apparently it will be on Netflix later this year.

Predictably a bunch of fat glasses wearing feminist were at the screening showing dissatisfaction that idol culture is the results of males wanting to dominate women. Could be partially true, but the documentary was more focused on the society that creates the expectation of instant gratification, leading men to pursue idol fantasies instead of dealing with women in everyday life.

https://www.sundance.org/projects/tokyo-idols

Hiiragi Rio is the idol it focuses on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkfNlN5mNZk
>>
>>16480082

Yo you should have started pressing all those buttons.
>>
>>16480087
The screening was at a synagogue. That would have been anti-Semitic
>>
>>16480082
whats the point? it's not like idolfags are going to attend, see it or care
>>
>>16480098
Could be relevant to their interest. Just another point of view. It doesn't have the normie type of culture shock either. None of the "we take off our shoes when we go inside!?!" or "Check out these toilets"
>>
>>16480112
this just say "look how creepy they are" but it's nothing new for them, that's something it's say in every japanese show, they are familiar whit that
>>
>>16480093

I'm gonna push em.
>>
>>16480082
>As the female idols become younger and younger
I've seen this in Japanese stuff too. How old were idols in the 80s? 30?
>>
>>16480718
It's a false premise to cause unnecessary worries to the target audience.
Momoe Yamaguchi graduated at 21, Candies were barely 20 when they announced their retirement. Nowadays it's pretty natural for idols to stay in business way past that age and many push it past 25, whereas in the old days 20 was considered the maximum expirement date. I dare say this is considered the prime age today, given how many who begin to hold center positions in their respective groups are in their twenties.
If anything idols are getting older and older,.
>>
>>16480718
They were anywhere from 15 or 16 to 27.
The biggest Japanese idols in the 80s took on music and movie careers. Those same most popular Japanese idols are still producing work appearing regularly in Japanese media. The new generation and old generation continue to love them, but still have less of a role in pop culture.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.