[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cruel 2hus

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: cut something.jpg (160KB, 674x712px) Image search: [Google]
cut something.jpg
160KB, 674x712px
I wasn't following touhou project for a few years, but recently decided to revisit it for the newer games.
And I've been thinking, all the fan headcanon aside, are touhous actually bad people? I don't mean to get into a gray-zone morality debate, just in a general sense. They seem violent and cruel.
>>
>>16382050
95% of the dialogue is pre or post-fight trash talking. People aren't always entirely sincere in these situations.
>>
Sekibanki doesn't have an intact neck so it's okay.
>>
File: Chen....png (23KB, 190x153px) Image search: [Google]
Chen....png
23KB, 190x153px
Aren't the women like that in the real world?
>>
Yeah, everything in-game (except the endings) is banter. You'll need to read the print material to get a better idea of their canon personalities.
>>
>>16382056
Nonetheless, doesn't Reimu end youkai lives for a living? And Sakuya cooks for a vampire, Marisa is a burglar and so on
>>
>>16382071
Yes, everyone is an asshole. They aren't cruel per-se, but they aren't good. For instance, every witch in game is aligned with some sort of demon or something instead of just being cute anime witches. Marisa with the evil spirit Mima, Alice with demon goddess Shinki, Patchouli with the Scarlet Devil, etc.
>>
>>16382071
Exterminate does not mean to kill.

I think the only one Reimu kills in modern Touhou is Fortune Teller in the manga.
>>
Didn't also the weapons in DDC influence the heroines to be more aggressive if you choose to use them as a shooting type?
>>
>>16382188
I want Sakuya to be aggressive with me!
>>
>>16382188
Yeah, that was the gimmick
>>
>>16382071
She just drives them out, not kill them.
Spell card rules also make Touhou duels non-lethal.
>>
>>16382050

Of course they're bad people. Half of them eat humans, and most of the other half kills people for fun.
>>
>>16382050
what >>16382188 said

DDC incident made everyone a little nuts, assuming they used their weapons
>>
>>16382071
Youkai lives don't matter, they're worth less than fecal matter
>>
>>16382450
Anon is a bad person too!
>>
>>16382050
Cruel? Maybe some, but most have an excuse anyway.
Cirno doesn't understand the concept of death, being a fairy. Rumia is pants-on-head retarded. Mystia switched from eating people to robbing them blind. Sakuya and Remi supposedly get their human supply from people who are suicidal anyway. Flan had all the reason to go nuts. Chen is a bully at worst. Utsuho got drunk with power. Medicine is literally poison incarnate. Minamitsu tries to cut back on drowning people for the sake of Byakuren. Sagume didn't want to exterminate earthlings. Junko is a victim of her own power. Seija is a contrarian by nature. Yukari has order to maintain. Admittedly, there's little excuse for Parsee, Seiga and Yuuka.

Arrogant? Pretty much fucking everyone.
>>
>>16382050

As others have said most of the stuff said in the games is just trash talk, intimidation, frustration because of the incident, or jokes. There are some touhous who are legitimately somewhat evil but not that many and not any of the playable characters (unless you count IN yukari and remi and even then they're pretty charming in their own way and not really evil just for the sake of it, remi only kills humans for sustenance and yukari is just an "ends justify the means" sort of person). Read the print works and you'll see that most of the reoccurring characters are pretty nice most of the time.
>>
>>16382783
I guess Parsee is an extreme case of 'not a people person'.

On the subject of OP, as many people said, a fair bit of the ingame dialogue is just casual trash talk. Can't blame them, trash talk is quite entertaining.
>>
>>16382050
You are quoting DDC? they are supposed to be "off"! isn't that the plot?

The rest? as always, nothing has changed
>>
File: 1475302684124.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475302684124.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
>>16382783
>Sakuya and Remi supposedly get their human supply from people who are suicidal anyway.

Are they going to come for me soon?
>>
>>16386317
But wouldn't you want to stay alive if 2hus came for you?
>>
>>16382050
Toehus are bad people
>>
Do you like hurting other people?
>>
File: Marisa's job.png (271KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Marisa's job.png
271KB, 640x480px
>>16382050
Sakuya has always had great lines
>>
>>16386317
I'm thinking of killing you myself for all those jpeg artifacts.
>>
File: moretwintailsquality.jpg (64KB, 310x251px) Image search: [Google]
moretwintailsquality.jpg
64KB, 310x251px
>>16396712
But you have so much to live for
>>
>>16382085
>Reimu had to kill the only Touhou that wouldn't Another-Boring-Girl
ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
>>
>>16394268
Nah, I'm in the opposite boat. But emotional and psychological abuse are better than physical pain regardless.
>>
>>16382085
and the guy who butchered horses.
>>
>>16397128
He was already dead. Just a husk housing the youkai.

Exterminating the youkai was the only way to put him to rest.
>>
>>16394268
You are not nice miko are you?
>>
>>16382085
>Don't worry, it was only one person,
>so it's not like I'm a serial killer
>>
crimson slasher
>>
>>16382071

Reimu was originally uncarring, but her relationships with the Yooks eventually made her heart grow three sizes that day. She only ever kills blatant rule breakers, and most often lets those who are ignorant of the rules off with a slap on the wrist. That she never goes lethal enough to kill fairies even though there's technically no reason] to shows you that she doesn't end lives for the kicks.

And actually evil Reimu is something you do not want to see unleashed on the world, as she would be able to rule Gensokyo as an iron-fisted dictator with little opposition if she really wanted to.
>>
>>16397430
If Reimu started becoming Empress of Gensokyo, I feel like there are some characters powerful enough to stop her. For example, if she didn't drink the Elixir, Yuyuko can just kill her.
Everybody's so overpowered in Gensokyo that there's actually a somewhat decent balance of power.
>>
>>16397270
Also Reimu was really pissed off that she wasn't able to save that guy, and snapped at the first youkai she saw afterwards.
>>
I've played touhou only once and saw Marisa call Rumia a subhuman after defeating her.

Marisa is a bitch.
I'm not even talking about Reimu being a murderer.
>>
File: Reimu_Super_Saiyan.png (1MB, 1000x1106px) Image search: [Google]
Reimu_Super_Saiyan.png
1MB, 1000x1106px
>>16397430
What would Saiyan Reimu do?
>>
>>16400329
rape yukari in the ass with her option inside the gap
>>
>>16397531
Great, you created a scarier version of Mima
>>
>>16400299
>I've played Touhou only once
No one cares for your opinion then. Secondaries have no part in character discussion since they don't play the games.
>>
>>16397531
But what if Yuyuko decides to be Empress of Gensokyo and just kills everyone? She's a ghost so she's immortal, and her body's stuck in the tree so she can't be reincarnated. The Hourai touhous will be the only ones immune to it, but you can't actually kill Yuyuko. And then you'd have a Gensokyo full of ghosts.
>>
>>16400371
>And then you'd have a Gensokyo full of ghosts.
I'm fine with this
But
>Yuyuko decides to be Empress of Gensokyo and just kills everyone?
That's not how stuff works
>>
>>16400359
This is /jp/. Stop trying to be so edgy.
>>
>>16400607
Oh we have a tough guy here huh....... *unsheathes my twin katanas* Well, let's see how tough you really are! *jumps into the air* TAAAAKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIS *spins around and slashes your face open* Not so tough now, huh????? *grabs you and throws you up* It's time to finish this little charade *holds my katanas above my head* YOU ARE FINIIIIISHEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps upwards so that you get impaled on my swords* Heh.... easy.....
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.