[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just downloaded the entire Touhou Lossless Music Collection,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: 1519983_TLMC.png (7KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1519983_TLMC.png
7KB, 500x300px
Just downloaded the entire Touhou Lossless Music Collection, now where the fuck do I start with this? The only Touhou music I've listened to is all the official ZUN stuff, I'm not familiar with any fan groups.
>>
>>16335118
I ran a script daily for a few months to randomly select albums for me to listen to. Most were garbage. If I liked one, I looked more into the circle, and into other circles that the musicians participated in. You could also lurk the Comiket threads and see which albums/artists everyone is circlejerking over.
>>
>>16335118
Start by deleting anything that has vocals.
>>
>>16335118
Was this ever updated?
>>
You could just start with listening to popular circles/artists. I downloaded Touhou lossy music collection in early 2014 (v.17) and haven't listened to most of it since it's 17 weeks of music.

If you want music recommendations, these are some of my favorite circles.
Shibayan
Demetori
Tatsh
Riverside
狐の工作室
はちみつれもん
サリー

>>16335198
There are plenty of good vocals even if the majority are bad.

>>16335213
Version 18 came out a year and a half ago.
>>
>>16335213
Ever? Yeah, at least 17 times, since it's on v18. The last was on 2016-02-15, if you're referring to the long hiatus before that.
>>
>>16335266
What, really? The newest thing I see on http://www.tlmc.eu/ is in mid 2015.
>>
>>16335270
The announcement was mid 2015, but the script linked to has a modification date in early 2016. I don't know what that means.
>>
>>16335198
But then he couldn't listen to TAMAONSEN
>>
>>16335118
Syrufit, early Alstroemeria Records stuff is great.
XL Project, Halozy and SYNC ART'S are all great as well.

Ignore new Minoshima stuff like the plague, same goes with ALiCE'S EMOTiON.

TAMUSIC, Tutti Sound are both great if you're into classical instruments and shit.
>>
>>16335198
This
>>
which genres of music are you into?
>>
Start wherever you want. You'll probably never listen to all of it so there's no reason to go in any order.

Some good ones that haven't been posted yet:
N-Tone/Dust_Box_49
fromadistance
Minimum Electric Design
BITPLANE
>>
>>16337415
Hey! No bully Alstroemeria, he's gone back to doing Dancehalls again! OP just ignore the Pop Culture albums
>>
How about you start by listening to one of them
>>
Where can I get the lossless OST from the mainline games?
>>
>>16335118
i second that.

are there even any good 2hu circles aside from tamusic and assaultdoor(bakeneko was actually better off solo)?

everything else i try turns out incredibly shite.
>>
It only depends on your music taste. What's cool about touhou music is that anyone can find something enjoyable plus it's mixed with touhou influences.
It would be much easier to recommend you something, if you have told us what kind of music you like
>>
>>16338030
You can rip them from the game with thxxbgm
>>
>>16338552
TAMUSIC and Tutti Sound seemed nice.
>>
Where's the official game OST in the TLMC? There's no folder called ZUN or anything of the sort.
>>
Wheres the S Y N T H W A V E
>>
File: 1459527546991.png (104KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
1459527546991.png
104KB, 800x670px
>>16339695
Did you try Team Shanghai Alice?
>>
>>16339695
[上海アリス幻樂団] ZUN
[上海アリス幻樂団 & 黄昏フロンティア] ZUN & Twilight frontier

If you're talking about the game OST like Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, there is no official release. The only official releases for the games are the fighting ones. For the other games you need to rip them yourself. Every single game stores it's music in lossless format in the game files. You can use a tool like music room, thxxbgm or thbgmextractor to get them.
>>
>>16335118
Try looking up popular circles that do genres of music that you like, and look into them.

In general however,
I'd recommend Syrufit (Where is Love, in particular), Halozy, Alstroemeria as others have said.
For Halozy, Aqua Trytone and Ultimate Synthesis are nice albums.
While others don't like the POP|CULTURE albums from Alstroemeria, The fourth one isn't too bad - but I'd still go for anything besides those.

Additionally, FELT, Yuuhei Satellite, sound sepher, monochrome-coat, Buta-Otome, and Shibayan are good, though personally I haven't listened enough of these to recommend anything specifically.

If you want relaxing 2hus, Foxtail-Grass Studio or flap+frog are always a good pick, or DDBY's Cafe de Touhou series. Maybe SWING HOLIC too (Try VOL.5).

I've missed plenty here, but if anything, just look around randomly for a bit after exhausting the popular choices(if that's possible), you might find a decent circle that nobody else recommended.
>>
How should I convert the tracks from this? I use Cuetools to break cue files up into individual flacs, no idea what to use for ttas
>>
>>16342961
CUETools supports tta, no?
>>
b
>>
>>16335118
Yuuhei Satellite is my absolute favorite
>>
>>16342961
Poweramp (Android) supports tta files, so I just use foobar (v1.3.9) to play them on my computer. Get the latest plugin on sourceforge.

Favorite circles so far:
Shibayan
RD-Sounds
monochrome-coat
Pizuya's Cell
Foreground Eclipse (screamo)
Anything involving Merami (めらみぽっぷ).
>>
>>16342961
I think you must be confused. Cue files don't contain music at all, so you can't be splitting the cue files. Whatever you're doing currently probably handles tta files just fine.
>>
What's even the point of putting .cues in a different zip file?
>>
>>16335256
that's some pristine trash. are you just trolling?
>>
Is it just me or dosn't the torrent include Mohican Sandbag?
>>
What should I listen to if I like electro, stuff like maritumix?
>>
>>16337415
>>16340617
too bad all of those are either uninspired insipit garbage or just pure fucking dog shit. there is no fucking way you are actual people who listen to this.
>>
>>16346723
i refuse to believe that you're a real person, you've got to be a bot.

what is going on in this thread, you guys? this is like a terabyte torrent of 2hu music and you pick absolute garbage as your favourites? what, are all arranges shit? are there even any musicians that do 2hu outside of tamusic and bakeneko?
>>
Okay big guy who keeps insulting other people's taste. What are your favorite circles then? I'm expecting to get blown away by your superior taste.
>>
>>16347132
>>16347237
>>16347266
Maybe we will be reborn with tastes closer to yours. Until then, feel free to keep enjoying those dicks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jAFRikE9oY

this is what music sounds like. >>16346723
>>16337415 not this fucking garbage that doesn't even have a tact or any fucking structure to it, period.

i swear, i am going to take a nap and by the time i'm back you fuckers better post at least one decent circle.
>>
File: 1480690078346.jpg (115KB, 679x959px) Image search: [Google]
1480690078346.jpg
115KB, 679x959px
>>16347295
Congrats. You didn't even link the best piano version.
>>
File: 1473084245249.png (154KB, 545x395px) Image search: [Google]
1473084245249.png
154KB, 545x395px
>>16347237
How about you recommend some good music then, huh? What are you gonna mention, some metal circles? Hardcore electronica garbage? Please enlighten us all with your superior taste.
>>
>>16347137
It does. モヒカンサンドバッグ
>>
>>16347295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaxZ_lb6j5k
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1423131011098.png (768KB, 635x890px) Image search: [Google]
1423131011098.png
768KB, 635x890px
>>16347436
bakeneko. tamusic(also like half of it is surprisingly shit and a half of the other half is meh). also virus key is okay i guess(are their shit even uploaded anywhere outside jewtube even?). that's about it.
everfades is basically like 3 tracks from meh side of tamusic.
floating cloud mostly has to it the folk gimmic.
golden city factory tries to be jazz but fails because people behind it are just bad at jazz.
tutti sound would be good if their albums came with a 2hu grand arpg. on it's own it's just a worse tamusic.
frontier aja has like one neat song that isn't even an arrange.
>>
>>16348457
That's all you got? Uninspired garbage? Here I was expecting you to list some at least half decent circles after you were shitting on everyone, but I suppose a horrible person having equally horrible taste in music shouldn't be so surprising.
>>
>>16347237
Musical taste is subjective after all.
>>
by the way does anyone have a full virus key collection? their site went down.
>>16348816
>b-better get back at him by parroting
>that will show him!
yes, you really showed me son.
>>16351119
no? i gave 3 circles that actually compose their arranges and put effort into recording them. the circles that i was raging about shit on tact, record an autotuned jap whore riddled with stds over zun's exact fucking sheet played by a synthesizer and sell that as "music". like why would you even listen to that trash over the original scores?
>>
What I have like the most:
>Sound Sepher
>狐の工作室

狐の工作室 has some really good symphonic works, which I have found tend to go unmentioned.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (180KB, 633x619px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
180KB, 633x619px
let me participate in this Trial by Fire recommending:
Unlucky Morpheus (the jazz ones)
Unity-Gain
Ringing Volcano
KONEKODAKKAIYA
at the mercy of sounds (especially the second album)
>>
>>16335198
Pleb taste. No Shibayan? No Iosys? No Innocent Key? And no Alstromeria? You should probably neck yourself.
>>
>>16351878
> No Shibayan? No Iosys? No Innocent Key? And no Alstromeria?
how is this bad?
>>
>>16351211
>over zun's exact fucking sheet played by a synthesizer
Try not saying completely retarded things, it makes it look like you're trolling.
>>
What are your favorite jazzy or classical albums anons?
>>
>>16335198
A few of the best Machikado-Mapoze tracks have vocals and if you call them bad then there's no hope for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah6IyeZMizg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZbDkMRsM5o
>>
>>16352537
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah6IyeZMizg
When they switched to swing I nearly creamed my pants in tears, so good
>>
>>16353460
wrong link, still though
>>
>>16352537
>Seija's Reversal
Jesus I can't stop thinking about Sesame Street
>>
http://touhou.kuukunen.net/?id=257610&search=恋色世俗の音楽隊
The pipes, the pipes are calling
>>
>>16347436
xi-on, café de touhou in jazz, xi-on is way ahead though, and he does a lot of different styles, try the album which has a purple and white cover with sanae on hit.

Hardcore barrage have good stuff if that's what you like.

Scarlatto de levante in orchestral stuff

Haven't found anything else worth mentioning so far (after 8 years)

The problem is that, even if some are good, most of these artists are BY FAR outclassed by non-touhou artists of the same genre.
>>
NEETS are like the only thing worth listening to
>>
>>16342961

I made a bash script for that.
>>
>>16362882
Where can I find xi-on in the TLMC?
>>
>>16365050
The folder is titled [彩音 ~xi-on~]
>>
>>16365050
There's isn't the newest stuff in the tlmc
The mof, sa and eosd are the best ones imo (in that order)
>>
>>16365157
>>16365455
Thanks
>>
>>16364496
They're fantastic but can get kind of samey. They definitely have a core style for the Bakuon Jazz but I kind of wish they'd mix it up just a bit.
>>
I'm a huge fan of LiLAC Records. Not sure if it's included in the TLMC but Revive 2 Arcadia is a good album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0PKIvCnB1Q

I need to get their music again.

>>16335198
Honestly for the most part I like the vocals even when they're awful. They add a unique vibe to the music. You know you're getting some real-ass shit from some cvlt otakv. I really like the cheesy eurobeat-inspired stuff that 556mm does.

Iosys is great as well.

Alstormeria is incredibly hit or miss - I absolutely hate the EDM shit he comes out with. The early albums are great. Geneology | Shrinemaiden is probably my favorite. Not certain if it's one guy or multiple people, it's listed as a label on RYM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJPZ6dd_uts - the tail end of this one is dope.

I love Touhou doujin music. It's all I really listen to these days to be entirely honest. Most of it is shit but I love Touhou and I love dance music, so it's really nice to see passionate art based around it.
>>
My gripe with doujin music is that most groups are metal/garbage electronic stuff. Even Alstroemeria which is highly praised have some songs that are painfully to go through. Having said that, these are my faves

>minimum electric design
Good rock/shoegaze circle but their albums are kinda samey, and they recycle songs a lot. You definitely don't need to download their entire discog.

>hatsunetsumiko's
Great instrumentals and great vocals. Girls in the mirror is funky as fuck.

>monochrome-coat
ReM is one of the best C89 albums. Vocals are sweet, instrumentals not too bad. I love them.

>ShibayanRecords
Kokoro vibration/Dream Materialise/Mágico Catástrofe/RETRO FUTURE GIRLS are fantastic albums that everyone who likes electronic music can appreciate.

>GET IN THE RING
Nothing too exceptional here, I like their singles.
>>
Only adding instrumental/classic/orchestral not mentioned.

オリエンス as long as you avoid the Passion Blossom album (vocal) you'll be good.

=Neutral= particularly nazz-can tracks.

Sound.AVE only 4 tracks but great ones (all in the Lotus album) : 魔界地方遊戯ソリテェア, the Day of collapse, Cosmic Line, 閉雲京.

The few Touhou tracks Melodic Taste (orchestral) made.

QLOCKS is more oriented toward folk, some may sound good, some others off.
They also have beautiful piano tracks such as 2つのピアノの為の「夜桜と幽世の蝶」 and 遠景Ⅱ 四月の雪 八月のサクラ, however even under the 久遠 artist tag the genre is inconsistent so it may be troublesome to find a genre in particular...
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.