[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shanghai EXE/Touhou Fangames

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 25

File: Shanghai.png (109KB, 738x527px) Image search: [Google]
Shanghai.png
109KB, 738x527px
After many months, the creator of Shanghai EXE has finally released some updates to his game. Unfortunately, these were just a bunch of small gameplay updates that don't actually continue the story, so this can also be an assorted Touhou fangame thread. Share what you've played recently, or if you're looking forward to anything.

Shanghai EXE itself is still untranslated, but there's an English guide, download link and changelog for the latest version here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1El2iMp5Onv22YAjj4_pI7e6jQP9Y1SCuCvWYYHd354o/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
>>
Thank you for reminding me that I need to get around to playing this already.
>>
>>16323785
I forgot to add, the new version is compatible with old saves. Just take your old save.she file in the gamedata folder and drop it into the same folder for the new version.
>>
>>16323785
I honestly won't expect the game to be finished any time this year or the next. With how much content Koki's trying to put into the game, I'd give it another two or three years max. Even then that's being quite generous.

Doesn't really help that he's been playing MH and Pokemon SM, but he's not under any obligation anyway, so eh.

While I'm at it, have anyone gotten Gensou Sky Drift to work? Mine's stuck in the opening screen.
>>
>>16324307
What if the game is meant to be continuously updated, like Puppet Performance? That'd be neat.
Didn't he add Sumireko last time?
>>
Nice to hear, as long the project doesn't die it's all in my book.
I won't touch it till a full version appears though. I don't like playing a game bit by bit.
>>
>>16323785
hoh boi, I still play the MMBN series up to date
I'll check this one out, thanks for sharing
>>
Snap, combining Touhou and MMBN, 2 things I've always liked. This should be fun. Thanks.
>>
I'm going to have to rework my main folder. ElecChain2 no longer comes in S code. I guess I could make due with with ElecChain1 S, though I should see how close I can remake the folder using the L code.
>>
>>16324626
Same. Especially true when it's an RPG.
>>
>>16324328
Neat is right, but I kinda doubt it.
I mean, Pokemon is more the exploration than the story after all (until recently, that is); adding new Puppet without any story-related reason won't cause that much reaction.
BN, on the other hand, is more the story part; unless Koki decided to add new post-game dungeon every time, adding more NetNavi without giving them some semblance of story probably won't make people happy.

If we're talking latest characters in the main series, he also added Sagume and has plans to add CP and Hecatia as enemy NetNavi.
>>
On prompt from seeing this thread, I decided to give the first Star Force game a try, since I haven't played any of them yet. Why did they change this shit up so much? I miss the old layout for fights, honestly. It was more fun and less visually confusing that way. I guess the shield is nice, but I'm used to dodging so it still feels a bit awkward. They also gimped the old cards system it seems like. Still waiting and praying they have something like the Navi Customizer. Overall it just seems dumbed down... kind of a shame. The customizations and uniquities were always what made these games really fun.
>>
File: cute cute cute.jpg (84KB, 722x482px) Image search: [Google]
cute cute cute.jpg
84KB, 722x482px
>>16336088
I read that the first two are pretty lame. I skipped them, the gameplay in 3 is pretty nuts.
>>
>>16336088
I suggest skipping through the entire first two games and going straight into the third one, sure you'll miss some characterization and plot but it should be able to live without that. You can always go back to them if you get curious to see how much worse they are.
>>
I was thinking that the latest update was going to be a new chapter.

So now I'm hoping that the latest update is just the developers getting some changes out of the way before they add a new chapter.
>>
What happened to the satori exe game?
>>
>>16346481
This is relevant to my interests. Anybody know where I can find this? Found a link to a demo but that's about it so far. Still looking. If I find anything I'll post it here.
>>
http://windog.jp/product/hartmann/

Can't seem to find anything and the official site looks to be down. Is it a dead project? I saw a post on a forum in August of 2016 saying that it was unfinished - 5 years later than when the demos of the game were posted. My guess is it's probably dead. Can't even download the demo since it was linked to the site, which is dead. Sad... looked all right, really.
>>
>>16347023
I think the higher resolution sprites are the main cause of its death
>>
I know there's already style changes, but is there any word on double soul? I just loved those fusion looks Megaman would get.
>>
>>16354830
Doesn't seem like it. It'll clog up the screen anyway if there are.
Besides, if Suwako's existence is any indication, Style Change is pretty much Double Soul without the need to actually bond with the Navi in question.
>>
Has anyone played this? Is it fun? http://www.dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ187154.html
>>
I remember playing this, Yorihime was basically Protoman on steroids, what a fucking shitshow. Had to restart several times on that fight, holy shit. It was super fun though.
>>
>>16362012
Is the goal of that game to die with creativity? Because I can't really see why else one would use the fortune teller - a canonically dead character - as an MC.

>>16362444
On steroids nothing. Protoman's change when his health is low is at least subtle. Yorihime's change was so in-your-face you'll be caught off guard if it's your first time against her.

Also that sword barrier. Fuck that sword barrier.

On another note, I'd like to see how they handle Flandre, who's the Bass/Forte of the game from what I can see (having a cloak and all).
>>
>>16362784
You have to collect power ups to become a stronger youkai while avoiding a murderous Reimu
>>
File: dowant.jpg (16KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
dowant.jpg
16KB, 300x249px
>>16323785
Megaman Battle Network styled fangame?

>Pic Related
>>
What's with this game? It takes up over 1.5 gigs of RAM. Is it just leaking memory like crazy, or what the fuck is going on here? It's also running the game at around 60k FPS. I'd rather it not burn up my card, why isn't this shit capped?
>>
>>16366951
Delicious Japanese spaghetti coding
>>
>>16366951
>It takes up over 1.5 gigs of RAM.
Oh. Guess there go my dreams of running it on my toaster then.
>>
>>16366951
>>16367520
What kind of a toaster are you people running anyway? Mine is a hand-me-down but it can play the game perfectly.
Hell, I have a bigger problem using Photoshop than this.

Genuine question, in case it's not clear.
>>
>>16368094
I'm not running a toaster, computer is low-average to average. 3.6 quad core AMD, 8 gigs DDR4, radeon HD 7750, far and beyond more than enough to play the game. The game runs fine, it's just that it takes up a ridiculous amount of memory for no reason and doesn't cap it's frames, so my card is uselessly spewing out hundreds of times more frames than my monitor can display, and uselessly stresses out my card, decreasing it's lifespan for no reason.
>>
>>16368094
Honestly it's probably the developer who's got the toaster.
>>
Any word on the Super Boobhu RPG?
>>
>>16371814
Checked the creator's Twitter, apparently he hasn't been active for three months. Not a cause for concern. Yet.
>>
File: gensou network.png (63KB, 975x678px) Image search: [Google]
gensou network.png
63KB, 975x678px
Is there a way to fix it so the text doesn't go off to the side of the text panel? It does this and sometimes some of the text is unreadable due to being off-screen.
>>
>>16368094
I have a 10yo one with 2gb ram.
>>
This game's pretty good, though a bit easy to start out(for starting out). Hoping it gets a lot harder, kind of. I'm pretty seasoned at the EXE games, though, so that probably plays a big roll as well. Get it, Roll? Ahahah...ahah...

Terrible cringey jokes aside, I'm pretty impressed overall despite that. For quite early on there's still a pretty damn large amount of chips to choose from, and being able to get wildcard chips from any virus is great. I can even read some of this shit and vaguely understand what's going on. Holy shit, katakana-only is awkward as fuck to read, though.
>>
>>16372721
>Hoping it gets a lot harder, kind of
Have you tried visiting the omake page? You can access it from a warp point in Shanghai's Room, which is behind the starting point in Alice's HP.

There are a few Ms. Prog that gives you difficult challenges against high-leveled enemies + bosses.
There's also one by the corner which can increase the current game's difficulty.
As well as another one by another corner which gives you the code to use in the start menu; one of those codes is increasing the difficulty of course.
>>
File: 1468948699486.png (56KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1468948699486.png
56KB, 480x320px
>Play rockman EXE game
>try to not make a S code folder
>make a S code folder
every fucking time
>>
>>16377994
S is the coolest letter
>>
>>16377994
'S' seems to be the go-to code for any EXE game, isn't it? Aside from wild that is.
Although 'Y' and 'M' are no slouch either in Shanghai.EXE.
>>
What are some well regarded 2hu rpgs? I'm in the mood
>>
>>16384514
I'm not sure about 'well-regarded', but the few that I've played and liked are:
- Genius of Sappheiros
- Fantastic Maiden Wars (think Super Robot Wars)
- Labyrinth of Touhou
>>
>>16384606
Any of those in English?
>>
>>16384617
All of those are. Moriya Shrine has the download link for them (and more).
>>
>>16384738
Thanks anon
>>
>>16384606
>- Genius of Sappheiros
I guess this is the thread for this question.

Is there any way to speed up grinding in that game? Right now I'm at stage 9 (Eientei, the level that splits your party in half and forces you to fight different bosses with each group), and there's no avoiding the fact that I have to bring up to speed all those characters I've been neglecting. Almost all of them are at level 1 right now while my active party is at level 30~, so it's going to take quite some time if I do it the regular way, hence my question.
>>
>>16384989
Shoulda been mixing the party up and using that commander slot, champ. Now you're in for a chore.

There's an item you can get from the code machine in Kourindou that gives more exp. Lowbies get bonus experience from latter areas. I think 9 is like 50-70% more?
Yukkuri's give a lot. Pretty sure they're in stage 8? Been awhile.
>>
>>16338076
The first one is the only really outdated one, 2 is my personal favorite and generally pretty well regarded by fans. Protip: avoid 4 at all costs.
>>
>>16385169
Oi, I think they're talking about Star Force.

That said, BN 4 has great storytelling potential, if it weren't for the fact:
1) You have to play the game THREE times to reach 100% completion.
2) The ENTIRE game consists of tournament, with only a few exception here and there.
3) Even the UNIMPORTANT NPC has their own problem that WE have to deal with.
Seriously, BN 5 was a massive improvement, even if the Liberation Mission was a bit on the 'eh' side.
>>
>>16384989
just put Alice, two sweeper characters and 3 low level characters in your party and tear through the place about two times, it shouldn't take long to get the chars to reasonable levels thanks to scaling XP. If they're 5 levels below the rest it's not a very big deal since levels don't matter all that much in this game, strategy does.
>>
>>16385007
>Shoulda been mixing the party up and using that commander slot, champ.
Bleh. My active party is perfectly suited for how I play so I don't want to change it. I guess that's just asking for this to happen again (I know there's at least two more levels with a party split), but I'll know I deserve it when I get there.

>>16387771
>scaling XP
That remind me that I disabled Easy mode. I'll just activate it again while I grind and then disable it again when I'm done, it should make things a bit quicker.

But yeah, I guess I'll have to bite the pillow and do things the manual way. Thanks for the replies, anyhow.
>>
>>16385220
The first point of contention isn't the worst, but goddamn the tournament shit was annoying. As was the third point.

It really is a low point in an otherwise very strong series.
>>
>>16385220
There's one point that I believe deserve its own special spot.

WATER GOD COMP.

Never have I wish to throw my handheld into a grinder so badly if it weren't for that one dungeon.

Moving back on to Shanghai.EXE, apparently the 'gamedata' folder already have the necessary files for the next chapter. Apparently we'll meet the Myouren crew next.
>>
So aside from this one, are there any other Touhou crossover fangame I should know about? Not looking for anything specific, just as long as it's 'that game with Touhou characters'.

Note that I already knew about Megamari, Fantastic Maiden Wars and New Super Marisa Land. But anything similar is fine too.
>>
File: 1483767940695.jpg (71KB, 560x546px) Image search: [Google]
1483767940695.jpg
71KB, 560x546px
Is there a touhou fan-game like etrian odyssey?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 960x720px
>>16394299
DynaMarisa 3D is basically Earth Defense Force with Touhou characters.
Garden no Monogoto is Harvest Moon where you play as Yuuka. It's not translated though, and I've heard there isn't that much to do.
There are quite a few Pokemon style ones too. There are some that are hacks of the regular games, and also Puppet Dance Performance which is it's own standalone game.

>>16394337
Have you tried Labyrinth of Touhou? It's not exactly the same, but it's a dungeon crawler with FOEs and stuff.
>>
>>16385220
That feel when they fucked the dark chips in 5 then got rid of them in 6 totally. As a regular play style(and not just a babby mode cop-out)it was a pretty fun way to play. Run around with 1 + whatever hp+ you put in your navicust, make a good dark support deck(metagels, area steals, darkaura, black holes, static, dblpoint and the other equivalent w/e the fuck it was, etc. etc.)and fuck some shit up with dark chips, and learn how to deal with the bugs. Pretty fun. Man, bass was an intense fight like that. Able to lay out big damage on him pretty quick, but also very easy to get fucked very very quickly if you fuck up.

In 5 they just ruined the whole thing entirely. It's literally only a cop out and not even worth the detriment to your HP or the space in your deck at all and you can only even hold 3 in your deck at a time anyway. On top of that they usually have obscure codes that there are usually almost no chips for, and the fact that it's just about utterly pointless to even use them normally once you get chaos unison unless you're a little kid who can't hit an extremely easy timing window.

I guess they changed them in 5 because most people would just use them as a cop out or something. They're still a cop out in 5, though, they're just a shittier cop-out that is better off ignored entirely and simultaneously easier to use if you want to. To trigger them in 4, you at least have to be doing really fucking badly. But you should probably just take your game over like a man, kiddos.

heh kidd my heart is blacker then black darkness heh PSSSSHHH nothing personnel kidd your just in my way *unsheathes katana teleports behind u*
>>
>>16394903
Hoh boy that game gets so many characters in the 4th floor it starts feeling REALLY overwhelming to play, I always have that fear of having a needed character underleveled for a certain part
>>
>>16394907
How are super powerful, instant win attacks that show up when you're getting your ass kicked less of a copout than regular, off-code chips?
>>
>>16400824
I won't worry about it; having played until the cast saved Tenshi from the control of the Sword of Kusanagi, none of the characters are underleveled, even the ones I rarely use.

Can't remember the exact details though. I think the EXP accumulated from fighting is given equally to every characters or something?
>>
started genius of sappheiros and got to alice and im getting discouraged by the grind and difficulty of the game. are there any tips/tactics to make the game easier without checking the easy mode?

Are there any other good touhou rpgs? I know of labyrinth of touhou but i've never played an EO game.
>>
>>16400987
The characters that aren't in your party receive less experience
>>
>>16401007
Basically, just learn how the game works and experiment a lot with it. The growth system is essential to get anywhere and you can freely reset your allocated skills at any time, even though that isn't obvious at first glance, and if you're playing on Weekend then feel free to make weapons at Kourindou every so often. Once you learn the game, you won't need to grind anything other than drops and skills for Satori, who's a blue mage in this game.

The biggest mistake Strawberry Bose made with that game was not telling how important it is to change your party often, I think, because unless you know about the party splits it's extremely likely that any new player will stick to one party until getting hit by that fuck you. Then again, the game is kind of meant to focus on some sort of old game play style, and it used to be extremely punishing before Weekend came out, so maybe not telling that was intentional.
>>
Another GoS question; is there any merit at all to NOT recruiting Mokou and Byakuren early? Kinda seems like an odd choice to make.

Also, where do you people find these games anyway? I kinda want to look forward to new stuff too.
>>
>>16401007
>and im getting discouraged by the grind and difficulty of the game.
Oh boy, if you're getting discouraged that early, then things are not looking up for you. But as for some tips,
1) Unlock Mokou and Byakuren. The former is an offensive tank and quite strong (go to the Bamboo Forest after talking to Akyuu (she needs to tell you to go there) and do the Konami code in the maze) and the latter has nifty buffs and debuffs that may come in handy (enter the Myouren Temple and stand there for an hour. Real time, by the way, so just leave the game there and go do something else in the meantime).

2) Go through each level with a fine-tooth comb. There are plenty of chests to be found, and plenty of them have weapons and armor that can and will make your life easier.

3) Check your equipment. Do not be afraid of giving someone a weapon which doesn't belong to them - I made that mistake once before as well. But now, Reimu's sword, and Mokou's, Sanae's and Aya's crushers are helping me tear through the enemy mobs with speed and ease. And if a boss requires me to change any of these weapons, I can simply do that at the save point. And this isn't even going into the other equipment that will raise your stats, provide elemental defense, stop certain status effects, have Slayer (guaranteed damage increase against a certain type of enemy) and so on and so forth.

And remember that you can make new equipment at Kourindou. Just make sure to talk to Akyuu every now and then so you aren't making outdated gear for yourself.

4) Check your growth. Anon mentioned this already, but it bears repeating. They will boost your character and help them perform the role you want them to perform (pic related, I want Mokou to kill things fast and neat, so that's what I put her Power points towards). And you can ALWAYS change how the points are allocated if you find it unsatisfying, if you have a better idea where to take the character or if you come up to a situation that requires a different approach. I could totally take some points away from Phoenix and Axe and stick them in Hourai and Imperishable Night if I needed the extra defense, HP and revival chances.

5) Check your formation. The default formation, Freefight, fucking sucks unless you have Alice in the team (spoilers). Pick one that better suits your party formation, it does make a difference.

6) Check your party. Sometimes you just have to let go of someone to get through an obstacle. Most of the time it's Alice because of her superb defensive capabilities (too bad she can't fight worth a damn), but yeah it depends on what you think you'll need.

7) Unless a character is grossly underleveled (say, level 5 in a level 50 dungeon) grinding isn't really required, and it's something you do for extra HP, MP and Power points (other stats grow really slowly, hence the importance of the previous points). So if you come up to a wall, the answer might not lie in better stats. Study what the enemy that's causing you problem is doing, how they react to different elemental attacks or different status effects and so on. It's the only way you'll find that Kaguya is vulnerable to Control, giving you free access to her healing and buffing spells.

Earlier in the thread I complained about having to grind the low-level fighters in a section that pretty much forces you to. They ended up being just as good as the big guys while being 12 or so levels behind. It just took some planning.

8) You say you don't want to enable Easy mode. That's fine, but do remember that there's absolutely no punishment at all for using it. No equipment loss, no loss of any extras, the game doesn't even mock you for using it.

>>16401751
>Another GoS question; is there any merit at all to NOT recruiting Mokou and Byakuren early?
Nope. Go for it.
>>
>>16402223
thanks for the tips. I also have a question about the game version. I notice theres a 3.1 but all the prepatched versions are in 3.0. The 3.1 updater fails to work due to the md5 check so I'm stuck on 3.0 unless I want to get a raw version of the game with all the expansions.

Is it worth doing? Does anybody know what 3.1 even does?
>>
Does anybody know if there's any multiplayer games with online support? Preferably translated.
>>
>>16401007
Alice is the first actually hard boss, so that's a fine point to get stuck at.
Don't grind. It doesn't work. If I boss is kicking your ass, ten more levels won't help NEARLY as much as changing your tactics. Look at what's killing you, look at all your characters and what skills they have, find a way around it. I'm pretty sure that's what the Alice fight is trying to teach you to do.

>>16401751
Recruiting them early is kind of a secret thing. They're both pretty strong, and the fights before they're normally recruited aren't balanced for them. I think back in the day somebody cleared all the way up to Alice with solo Mokou? An extreme case, but still.
Still. Lotta people do it and still like the game, so it's your choice.
>>
>>16402643
I'm constantly getting killed because she keeps chaining her voodoo doll ult attack which is fullscreen murder.
>>
>>16402650
Oh goodness.
It's been forever, don't remember what triggers that, but if she's using that attack at all it's because you're doing something incredibly wrong.
>>
>>16402666
im assuming its because I have to kill all the dolls and if she has any up she just spams the move. I tried a run where i left one alive and focused alice but it didn't work since she just ult spammed non stop.
>>
>>16403253
I'm PRETTY sure it's if you take to long. Like WAY to long. 20-30 turns or something.
>>
>>16403253
>I tried a run where i left one alive and focused alice
That's what I did, but it worked for me. I got gibbed once though when I finished her off and the doll self-destructed on me afterwards.
>>
Okay now I remember.
If you leave a formation up to long she starts buffing them, which sucks.
If you kill Alice, any remaining dolls explode on you, which hurts a ton.
If you take a ludicrously long time, probably by try to cheese her in some way, she voodoo's your ass and you die.
>>
What I did was rush her. Everyone as a strong physical attacker with the strongest weapon they can wield with all the Power points invested in making their PATK higher, the strongest of the bunch at the front in the Hinotori formation to make them even stronger, and using Marisa's Hakkero commander spell whenever the strongest attacks are all available to do as much damage to her and her dolls as possible as quick as I can.

Beat her in my second try.
>>
>>16394903
I'll add that the game in the picture is Labyrinth of Touhou 2, which just received an expansion and some extra patches.
>>16383025
>>16393379
>>
Don't forget that each of Alice's doll formations is weak to one thing. Her four colored dolls are weak to each of the 4 elements (opposite to each doll's color, I think), one of them is weak to physical attacks, and the other is weak to either magic in general or the mystic element (I can't remember) so you're kinda forced to have Marisa and Patchy in your party.
>>
>>16404422
Just used hinotori formation with mouku in the middle and just focused entirely on alice and killed her first attempt. I guess I was overthinking things trying to take the fight slow. The fight started with the 4 elemental dolls so I guess I got good rng. I killed one of them and then just went all out on alice and she was dead in under 10 turns.

When in doubt spam bombs!
>>
>>16404732
Not him, but congrats.

>Just used hinotori formation with mouku in the middle
Get used to it, it's one of the best formations in the game.
>>
>>16400940
I've played both light and dark and the endgame is pretty much the same in terms of difficulty(if albeit totally different)in my opinion, so I know how it is. But yes, it depends on where you are in the game and what you're facing. On the easy bosses/your first playthrough they're pretty cheap as fuck, yeah, quite. On the later ones it becomes more difficult. Fighting the Omega versions of bosses and Bass with 600 health instead of 1600 while dealing with bugs isn't quite as easy as it sounds. You will die somewhat quickly if you fuck up. Additionally, dark is frankly just not as flexible as light due to being locked out of a lot of cards that are light-only. If you're on your second or 3rd playthrough, by then your regular chips are actually comparatively reasonably powerful by then; not enough to scoff at the power of dark chips, but enough, combined with the possibility of having up to 5 chips selected in total to give it more of a run for it's money. Dealing with the bugs can also become a problem, and there are also many chips you can't use as dark(also some with light, so to an extent it goes both ways, but probably more you can't use as dark). For example, if Sanctuary isn't an amazing light-only chip, I don't know what is, but to be fair, darkaura is pretty great as well. Anyway, if dark megaman takes over, you can probably expect to die if they don't die in that time. Since he often uses dark chips if you do, he definitely lays out a lot of damage, and can and has killed bosses omega bosses for me this when when I've fucked up. I won't deny that bit can be slightly cheap at times, but I didn't make the game, so it is what it is, I guess. There are also many other specifics about dark that are awkward and weird at times, such as the fact that some dark cards are frankly not that amazing such as darkbomb and darkstage(nearly useless if you have darkspred bug), movement being awkward at best and impossible with some kinds of bugs, etc. etc., lots of little things that you'd probably only notice if you played it.

Also, FYI, if you use them regularly(3x battles in a row to start, at least once every 3 fights after in dark mode), Mega will start battles in dark status and you will be able to use them from the start; it's not only triggered by being in the anxious state.

Anyway, I have something that some of you may or may not enjoy. When I played these games many years ago on an emulator, I often made save states just before/during(1st turn select)a lot of fights with proper names,for the files. Using such, you could go back to fighting said bosses quickly if any of you felt like reliving them if you wish, though you'll be stuck with my folder and other settings(and chip lineup)for fights I saved on the 1st turn, but for those ones it can't be helped now. You'll have to use the version of VBA I used back then to play, as I don't think the save states will work with any other version(included in download links, ROMs are in savestates folders). Enjoy, if any of y'all are interested.

VBA: https://mega.nz/#!BkthEKbC!OLLfC_hJadDViCMfN9T9jYp0NPJNW_MDJDNqYxX-AAU

Saves: https://mega.nz/#!A9FSgS7Q!-o-Ul5DeQDhlAlC7-hkv_GZekEhnd5rrTQJrIrExvWU
>>
>>16404956
Also, you don't get full sync on counters and can't use soul unison, so those have negative impacts as well. I could literally go on about the specifics and how the power has a price, but that might not help. You'd be better off playing it yourself to understand it fully.
>>
>>16404956
>>16404994
I admit that I have never even touched 4 and was only thinking about 5.
>>
So a quick question (or survey, whatever):

What Touhou fangame would you say to be the best of its genre? Like how Genius of Sappheiros is the best RPG, or Koumajou Densetsu is the best platforming game, etc.

Also, please abstain from using the official games as answer. That's cheating.
Besides, we are in the fangame thread.
>>
>>16409419
>Also, please abstain from using the official games as answer.
No shit, your question specifies "Touhou fangame".
>>
Who else works on Shanghai.exe other than Koki?

I know there's a pixel artist that makes the chip art and a few other things.
>>
File: CxmgaWDUcAArb_C.jpg (219KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CxmgaWDUcAArb_C.jpg
219KB, 900x1200px
>>16409600
You're saying that as if some people don't do that anyway.

>>16413323
Honekaryudo (https://twitter.com/honekaryudo) provides the pixel art.
Nameko (https://twitter.com/0713Nameko) provides the design.
Not sure who got the sound though.
>>
>>16414773
That's a great design for her
>>
(Genius of Sappheiros spoilers, in case anybody happened to give a shit)

Okay, I give up. Someone please tell me what the fuck am I supposed to do in this fight to win. I tried every single thing I could think of and could carry me all the way - either I kill one and the other's defense makes it impossible to bring them down while I get pelted with insanely strong physical attacks, or I kill the other and the one left nukes my shit in. The wiki isn't very helpful either, almost the entire description of the fight is just "muh Satori skill learning lmao"
>>
>>16401007
>>16401751
>>16402543
You're gonna have fun with the Stage 6 boss. It's an RNG nightmare no matter how much RES you stack. That and Alice were the only walls I've hit so far. Bosses do NOT fuck around in this game.

I also have a question of my own if anyone knows. Is there any way to get more of the character specific materials (Donation Box, Silver Tray, etc)? I know they are found in chests but I read there is a limited amount of them in total. Can you get them as drops anywhere?
>>
>>16419030
Man, I gotta replay this game sometime, because I do NOT remember stage 6 boss being that rough.

Pretty sure the things that drop the top-tier character materials in the last stage also drop the regular versions. Wanna say some easier thing to do, but it's rare and I dunno where they are.
>>
>>16418928
Off the top of my head: switch Mokou out unless you can burn them both down, she runs out of resources very quickly. Switch Byakuren out unless you have her built as a magical nuker, she fills the same role as Sanae. Use Poison Shield formation with Alice at the front covering the back row.
>>
>>16419091
Yuyuko spamming instant death over and over is not fun and then when she is dead she just casts a party wide instant death. And if you kill her first Youmu just starts spamming that skill that hits everyone and it basically one shots everyone but your tank.

It took me 27 attempts before I beat that battle holy shit RNGesus hated me.
>>
>>16419162
I know what she does, and in the three or so playthroughs of this game I never had that sort of trouble with her. Hell, I had more trouble with Youmu beating the shit out of me.
>>
>>16419184
Neither of them are really a problem at first. Youmu would ignore Alice and just kill someone outright once in awhile but that was it. My issue was always when you killed either of them. They just seemed to start ignoring taunts and attacking whoever the hell they wanted. I guess I just had awful luck.
>>
>>16394299
Maristice is similar to solstice, it was a pretty fun game from what I can remember.
>>
>>16419030
Stage 6 is the Netherworld, right? You just have to focus on Youmu first (she hits like fucking hell if you let her, although her attacks do follow a stance-dependant pattern you can prepare for) and make sure anybody important got some Instant Death protection. Also something for when Yuyuko uses Resurrection Butterfly as her final fuck-you.

>Is there any way to get more of the character specific materials (Donation Box, Silver Tray, etc)?
I'm quite certain those materials are dropped by certain enemies. I do recall getting a Silver Tray from a random encounter in my current playthrough at a couple points.

>>16419118
>switch Mokou out
And replace her with? I'm trying to take advantage of Genji's weakness towards LGT attacks, so my only other options are Reimu and Patchouli, whom would run out of bombs quicker and whose regular Light attacks don't hit quite as hard as light-infused, PATK-enhanced Fujiyama Volcano (4000+ damage per shot) and Full Moon Revenge (1500+ damage if all of Sakuya's slashes connect).
>Switch Byakuren out
I'm using her specifically because of her Star Sword skill that lets Mokou and Sakuya make turtle soup quickly, so that's a no-go unless you have a better idea.
>Use Poison Shield formation with Alice at the front covering the back row.
This I can try. I don't have that formation yet, but it looks like it's simple enough to unlock.
>>
>>16419375
WELL THERE GOES BEING NICE WITH SPOILER TAGS GEEZ. Guessito doesn't matter much though anyway.

Also she had a pattern to her stances? I never noticed. She seemed to just use them at random. Granted most battles ended with one of us fucking the other up within a few turns so I guess I never saw it.

The other problem was while Yuyuka has like zero defense her evasion is retardedly high. Even with DEX buffs I still missed about 50% of the time. And by that point she just started spamming instant death twice a turn. My ass clenched every time I saw that X pop up over someone.
>>
>>16419452
>WELL THERE GOES BEING NICE WITH SPOILER TAGS GEEZ.
Well shit. Good thing it's just an early part of the game. But still, I apologize.

>Also she had a pattern to her stances?
I'm pretty sure she does. I remember one of them working as thus,
Asura Stance -> "Fuck Off Of My Face" Slash -> Weak regular attacks until the stance wore off
Can't remember what the other stances were like, though.
>>
>>16419554
>Well shit. Good thing it's just an early part of the game. But still, I apologize.

I don't think anyone will care anyway.
>>
>>16419118
>>16418928
Can't you craft an Awakened Soul for Mokou at this point? She'll never have bomb problems again. Other characters can profit a lot of it, too.
>>
>>16419822
What's Awakened Soul do?
>>
>>16420077
He's talking about an accesory that grants extra bombs to the wearer (although the ones I have for crafting are Acute Soul and Cute Soul).
>>
>>16420086
Oh sweet. I'm not very far into the game yet I just got to the stage 7 boss.
>>
>>16420097
>not very far
>stage 7
So how far does this game goes anyway? While I'm at it, aside from the obvious (Kourin/Akyuu/any newer 2hu), is there anyone who is not a playable character?
>>
>>16421104
>So how far does this game goes anyway?
If you're playing it, then it'd be better if you found out for yourself, methinks.
>is there anyone who is not a playable character?
The playable cast is kind of small, actually.
>>
>>16421104
Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Aya, Patchouli, Sakuya, Alice, Youmu, Satori, Nitori, Byakuren, Mokou

Those are the playable characters. The expansion also has: Cirno, Remillia, Yuugi, Reisen and an original character.

Ann if I am not mistaken the man game is 21 dungeons long. And the expansion adds like 6 more.
>>
File: Cy5H94bUkAIf1Or.jpg-orig.jpg (474KB, 1447x2047px) Image search: [Google]
Cy5H94bUkAIf1Or.jpg-orig.jpg
474KB, 1447x2047px
>>
File: TURTLE.png (54KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
TURTLE.png
54KB, 160x160px
>>16419375
>>16418928
it's a fairly rare drop, but you could pick up a Turtlesmasher from Preta in Tenshi stage and then use Youmu in Asura or Mokou to beat up Genji. Or give the Claymore to Sakuya, reduce their HP slowly and then kill off both in Private Square.
>>
>>16428048
Kinda late there, anon, sorry. I was able to move on by turning on Easy mode and getting really lucky Matsuba didn't use her most damaging attacks. But thanks, anyway.
>>
Is there a Momiji fangame themed after Legend of Zelda? Surely that'd be fun!
>>
>>16428555
the Katsugeki Kidan games are vaguely reminiscent of LoZ II. Does that count?
>>
>>16428576
Sure, I loved LOZ II. Thanks anon!
>>
>>16428589
NP. Only 3 is translated though if that makes any difference to you. Though you can fairly easily fudge through them regardless.
>>
File: CyjORXEVIAAWh3A.jpg (138KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CyjORXEVIAAWh3A.jpg
138KB, 900x1200px
>>16424941
Beetleman looks more like something you'd expect out of the Original or X series.

Wriggle's a cute though.
>>
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, but does /jp/ know where to find the Touhou M&B mod?
>>
Is there any VN for Touhou? The only ones I know that come close to it are the Ace Attorney Aya one.
Don't care about what kind of VN though, as long as it's translated.

If that fails, anything's fine.
>>
>>16432465
There are very few translated ones. Only ones off the top of my head are Flandres Quest and EoSD for Busy person.
>>
>>16432465
What the other Anon said, there's also Record of Penis Viewing(kenchinroku)if you don't mind the copious lewd. I didn't, as the lewd was pretty good,sometimes. Anyway, with that said, the stories(in all 3)are actually not that bad. It was well worth the play, in my opinion.
>>
Does anyone know of a fix for the text falling off the edge of the screen in Labyrinth of Touhou 2?
>>
Bump in case I need help with the next boss.

I probably won't, though. One third of the battle I can beat simply and all I need to figure out now is how to actually survive the other two thirds enough to win them.
>>
>>16443366
what are you babbling about silly anon
>>
File: 18957095790.png (332KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
18957095790.png
332KB, 960x720px
I guess this is the place to ask this.
I'm doing a 2nd run of FMW 3 and I noticed my units don't have upgrades anymore, does that mean they lost everything from the past games? I'm worried about losing that Marisa-Alice friendship bonus.
>>
File: tpdp.png (360KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
tpdp.png
360KB, 960x720px
I'm a few hours into pic related so far, but I've just learned that the YnK expansion changes the way that the storyline unfolds - would it be worth it to restart with YnK installed?

and where on earth can I find a link to the expansion?
>>
That anon complaining about RNG screwing you over has no idea what he's talking about. This shit is bullshit.

>almost kill the boss
>suddenly she does 600 damage to Alice (AND Nitori, completely bypassing Alice's London Doll FOR NO FUCKING REASON) with Tentacle despite it doing 0 to 12 damage during the rest of the fight
>this is after a fuck load of resets because the EXACT SAME THING happened earlier in the fight a fuck load of times
>AND after a fuck load of resets because the game decided Nitori and Alice weren't wearing the Instant Death-resistant equipment they were wearing and Instant Death'd them with the boss' first turn attack ANYWAY
I'm paraphrasing my anger. I'm putting the game down for a while, this is the angriest I've been at a videogame for a long time.
>>
>>16448718
Tentacle almost always causes instant death if land power is in favor of water. Bring Patchouli and have her change it. Have Reimu use water barrier too.
>>
File: 2017-01-21-192425.jpg (198KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-21-192425.jpg
198KB, 960x544px
>>16409419
I don't know about best but Fushigen is pretty great at what it does
>>
>>16448718
you could replace Sakuya with Sanae to put up defensive buffs before the attacks hit. Sakuya can go tag team with Mokou, Akame is piss easy like that.
>>
>>16448718
That is probably the single most bullshit boss in the game. Like four different YOU HAVE A WAY TO DEAL WITH THIS OR YOU'RE DEAD attacks and you've got a gimped party.
My strategy for her was come up with cheesy, low-party strategies for the other two and crush her with a full party. "Crush" being a generous term because she still killed my A-list team three times.
Fuck that boss.
>>
>>16429522
Nah. He's too streamlined for X and too fancy for original.
>>
>>16451098
>That is probably the single most bullshit boss in the game
Postgame stuff is way worse, and if main game counts, the last form of the final boss is worse too.
>>
>>16451160
No, those aren't as bad because those are supposed to be and should be really, really hard. This is just some who-gives-a-shit, one-of-three boss that has no reason to be so difficult.
>>
>>16451189
must be an individual thing, I never recall having much problems with octopussy. Sure she hits hard, but she also dies in like 4 turns. I just restarted until it worked, which was about 50% of the time.
>>
File: esr.png (808KB, 1296x759px) Image search: [Google]
esr.png
808KB, 1296x759px
>>16436058
Gonna make an addendum to my post. I recently started playing Eastern Starlight Romance. It's a demo, albeit an extremely fucking long one; more like an incomplete game than a demo, really. I don't know how long it goes, but I'm nearly a month in the game. Each day appears(not sure but this is what it seems like)to have 3 time slots, morning, afternoon and evening. You'll choose events and they'll take up 1 or 2 time slots. Anyway, at day 27 I've gotten about probably 10 hours of play out of this game, though to be fair, I tend to take my time when playing VNs, thinking more about what I'm doing and what's going on more carefully, which some people might not and would probably breeze through the game much more quickly.

Anyway, the game is quite good. With generally 3 or more decisions a day and an apparently highly branching "main quest" of sorts(you do have a main objective in addition to there being all sorts of side options), there seems to be a fuckload of content. There's also the stat thing, which I'm assuming has impacts on the results of your actions, and which are effected by your actions: LOVE, danmaku, kleptomania and knowledge. Blah blah, give it a try or something, it's good.
>>
I'm not sure if there's anyone that can answer my question, but no harm in asking.

Who the hell is Nekku? Or was it Neck?

I mean, I'm fine with OCs, I just want to know if he has a good reason to be there instead of anyone else.
>>
>>16452210
Shoot, I just realized I didn't provide any context.

I'm talking about Shanghai.EXE, about the male character who debuted as a new student besides loli-Tenko. You know, the guy who operated Spannerman.
>>
>>16449042
You're mistaking Tentacle (a regular-old attack that barely scratches Alice... unless the game decides I had too much fun and kills her in one hit, that is) with Maelstrom Octopus somethingsomething which is the full-screen ID-inflicting piece of fucking shit.
>Bring Patchouli and have her change it. Have Reimu use water barrier too.
I definitely considered bringing Patchouli to help damage the boss with her electric spells, but the problem then becomes that, like another anon said, by having her in this boss fight I won't have her in another bossfight which requires me to use all my magic casters.
I don't think Reimu's water barrier does anything that Alice's Artful Sacrifice (absorbs an elemental attack) doesn't already.

>>16451060
Replacing Byakuren with Sanae (no point in having two healer-buffers in one team) is sure to come bite me in the ass in the third fight, but it's worth a shot.

>>16451098
>come up with cheesy, low-party strategies for the other two and crush her with a full party. "Crush" being a generous term because she still killed my A-list team three times.
This is also something I should be doing and I'm not for some reason. If I know which characters I'm not going to need for the other two fights, then that gives me more options for this one.

Okay, let's give it some more tries.
>>
>>16452764
I'm getting the names mixed up but yeah you know what I meant at least. Godspeed anon.
>>
File: this took WAY too long.png (485KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
this took WAY too long.png
485KB, 640x480px
holy shit guys, i did it

This fucking boss fight, man. Apparently characters with high RES resist Instant Death better than characters with actual anti-ID equipment. Once I noticed that (and almost exploded because of how stupid it is), the rest was smooth sailing. The other two bosses were fucking cakewalks by comparison so finally I get to move on from this goddamn stage.

/blog and thanks for helping, I don't think I would have figured out the RES thing without y'all.
>>
>>16451277
>Eastern Starlight Romance
Isn't that the Marisa dating sim game? Wasn't it abandoned?
>>
File: 1457226790753.png (208KB, 383x415px) Image search: [Google]
1457226790753.png
208KB, 383x415px
>>16453992
You've played this far not knowing what RES does? You absolute madman.
>>
I know this isn't a tech thread, but is there any reason why FMW1 simply won't run?

I got it to work last week, but when I went to go open it today it freezes and stops responding every time. I've changed nothing, setting wise. Is it known for doing this or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>16454508
Something kind of similar happened to me, and it fixed itself after a long while without me doing anything. Have you tried just redownloading it?
>>
>>16454581
I tried deleting the entire folder with the game and re-opening the zip. Effectively redownloaded, no?

Regardless I guess I'll just keep troubleshooting.
>>
>>16394299
If you don't mind occasional bullshit level design Rock Maiden isn't bad.

Legend of Twilight is a decent Link's Awakening clone with Rumia staring as an unlikely protagonist. But there's no translation patch, and since it's a Zelda game, I wouldn't recommend playing it unless you know at least basic Japanese. But if you're a diehard Zelda fan you may want to struggle through it anyway. It's an interesting game.

And then there's touhouvania. Name is self explanatory. Both are worth playing but I think the first game is better than the second, and from a technical standpoint the second game is a disaster. But definitely play the first game, it's great.

There's also a game called Takkoman. It's an interesting Megaman-like game that mixes mechanics from various other games and even genres. But it has a severe need of polish and some stuff is really, really janky. And from a technical standpoint the game is lacking, as well. If you like Megaman games though you should definitely check it out, it's really unique.
>>
>>16453992
The RES thing? The what?
>>
>>16454731
This one
>characters with high RES resist Instant Death better than characters with actual anti-ID equipment
>>
>>16454508
What version of the game are you using? I downloaded the 1.1.2ver. and it works just fine.
>>
>>16453999
Nah they just put out Demo 3 a few months ago. Looks like Iced finally got through route checking and the art update got done.
>>
>>16454659
>I think the first game is better than the second, and from a technical standpoint the second game is a disaster
wat
I'm legitimately curious as to why you'd think that.
>>
Does anyone plan to translate this?
>>
>>16454659
>I think the first game is better than the second, and from a technical standpoint the second game is a disaster.
Come on man, you can't say stuff like this without explaining yourself.
>>
>>16456317
The 1.1.2 also. I have no idea what the issue could be
>>
>>16456809
You can try to appeal to vgperson (the one who translated Koki's last work) about it.

But, to quote;
>Oh, right. Koki is now working on Shanghai.exe, a Mega Man Battle Network clone made in C++.
>Yeah. No.
Yeah, might be a difficult thing to do.
>>
>>16457122
Try downloading these
https://mega.nz/#F!2YZDmARJ!UNA_W9MZTPAX-lQS60_g-A
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1jcsjl116j4ly36/FMWE+English+Translation+Patch+v1.01.rar

By the way, are you using Windows 10? Nothing works in that shit.
>>
>>16454508
>>16457122
The FMW games are on a very finnicky engine until the third game where it gets better. I've had that issue once on Win7 where FMW1 just wouldn't load one day, tried another day and it worked fine.

I would suggest updating the game to the newest 1.2.1 but then you lose access to the English patch.
>>
>>16457229
Nah, windows 8. I mentioned it earlier but the game ran fine about a week ago. I haven't updated my computer or changed any settings, so I have no idea what the issue is. I'll try those new downloads though.

>>16457446
I'll just keep trying things out. Hopefully it works.
>>
>>16447102
You can find it on the moriya shrine webpage, There is no need to restart because YnK is a different installation. You get some bonuses for completing the base game first though. Unfortunately it isn't translated yet so I didn't play it.
>>
>>16453999
For a long time(5 years)there was nothing heard from the devs, and as another anon said, it's actually being made by people with jobs and shit, and progress is slow since they're actually putting in effort in to make it good. There was recently another demo put out, though, a few months ago, so I guess it's not dead just yet.

I dunno that I would call it a dating sim, though. I don't know if they're planning to put anything ero in it or not. I did a complete run through with Flandre's route, and there wasn't any, although the game is incomplete. I can't say anything for any of the other routes, though. But the game just doesn't really seem to aim for that theme very much in general, honestly. VN doesn't necessarily mean dating sim. The most noticable "romantic" shit the game has at the moment would probably be the Nitori scenes, where she tries to "win Marisa's heart" by enacting all sorts of amusing and ridiculous plans, most of which end up invariably backfiring. There's also other really minor things such as Alice very subtly following a tsundere archetype. But if you weren't familiar with it and her already, it's subtle enough that you might not notice it.

Ero and romance or not, the story seems good enough that I kind of enjoyed it.
>>
File: spam.jpg (91KB, 639x476px) Image search: [Google]
spam.jpg
91KB, 639x476px
(TGoS spoilers maybe?)
Any idea what does this do or where can I get the input codes for it?
>>
>>16460519
On the wiki.
Those codes were given out at the various events the game was sold at. You can't find them in-game.
>>
>>16458380
If you've played the main game it's easy to get through YnK, though some end game shit is cryptic, like how to get to Clownpiece's area
>>
>>16460519
>>16460608
Yeah the codes are on various wikis. Most of the weapons you get from it are nice early game but are outclassed not far in. The only ones useful till end game are the Gamer Fan (increases drop rate of items) and the Melon Sword (increases experience gained by 5%). The Messe Dagger gives +10% HP and MP but I don't remember if Mokou or Alice can use daggers so its kinda useless for tanking.
>>
>>16460608
>>16463087
I couldn't find any when I looked for them neither on the wikis or external sites, which wikis are you talking about?
>>
>>16463087
IIRC, they can only use Swords, Axes and Spears (plus their unique weapons). So yeah, that dagger sucks.

>>16463210
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/The_Genius_of_Sappheiros/Miscellaneous
>>
>>16463236
Speaking of weapons is there any real benefit to using the generic weapons other than just raw stats? They all seem rather basic and samey, and downright pointless in some cases (like giving Alice anything other than tank gear. Although I have heard her suicide doll skill later on does an absurd amount of damage).

Like I have Sakuya in 25 points for 2 handed because that 3 hit skill is ridiculous but would it benefit later on to reset it and give her something else?
>>
>>16463331
Depends on the situation and preferences. Like, my Reimu is either using a sword or a staff depending on whether I'm spamming Sonic Blade and other physical attacks or spamming amulets and needles and fantastic seals. I never give her her gohei.
>>
>>16463515
I've not found a definitive use for Reimu. She seems built more around support than damage despite the fact she gets a lot of offensive skills. I'm probably gonna respec her as a healer when I take on Eientei. I hate party splits.
>>
>>16463590
Reimu's use is all about where you put her power, more so than any other character. She can fill more roles than most, but not particularly well unless you build her for it. Also her barriers kick ass, especially when perked.
>>
>>16463646
I admit she pretty much carried my party when fighting Komachi. Fantasy Heaven did nearly 1k damage every time I used it.
>>
>>16463590
Reimu is definitely built a bit weird. Like, she has good physical offense but her innate offensive skills are all about magic. I'll agree with the other anon that she's best described as a jack of all stats, though.

>I hate party splits.
Oh, you'll learn how the game feels about them soon enough.
>>
>>16463812
I know it happens again later. I'm not setting foot in any of those places until everyone is at a comfortable level. Though leveling PE is becoming mind numbing.
>>
>>16463850
Don't grind power unless you hate yourself. Newhus start with plenty of it and get more even outside your party.
>>
>>16465312
>get more even outside your party.

You mean those in the commander slot?
>>
>>16465312
>and get more even outside your party.
No unless you're talking about the commander slot. Experience and power points are limited to whoever are actively fighting (+ commander).
>>
>>16465530
No, outside of your party completely. I think.
>>
>>16465625
Yeah what >>16465624 said. And the commander only gets 50% at that.
>>
>>16463087
Ain't sakuya a tank tho? She uses heavy armor, doesn't she?
>>
File: spam.jpg (116KB, 633x475px) Image search: [Google]
spam.jpg
116KB, 633x475px
This poison damage is bullshit, glad that we automatically recover after each battle but dude, 30 dmg every turn.
>>
>>16466234
Also fuck Alice. If she dies her dolls should die too.
>>
>>16466234
Kill moths, use Sanae.
>>
>>16466320
Guess I'll replace her with Aya
Offensive or supportive Reimu/Sanae?
>>
>>16466005
She does use that type of armor but she doesn't have nearly the same defensive abilities they do otherwise, so Sakuya's not good for tanking. Unless you're an absolute madman and pump her full of defense-raising accesories and boost her defense even more with Power points, but she'd still be far outclassed by Mokou and Alice if you were to do the same to them.

>>16466748
>replacing your healer
Now why would you do that?
>>
>>16466005
Anyone can use heavy armor I think. Sakuya is a pure damage dealer. Mostly single target. She also gets a lot of instant death attributes as well. Heavy armor is ok on her but you really want her as fast as possible. Youmu isn't a tank either but she actually can since she gets a stance that raises physical devense and evasion, and can sure status on her self.

>>16466234
You're gonna LOVE the boss battle in the flower fields.

>>16466748
Sanae is a better support early on. Reimu catches up though especially after you dump 25 points in her barrier tree. I'd suggest just using Reimu offensively for the first half or so of the game.

>>16468062
>Now why would you do that?
Pretty sure he meant it the other way around.
>>
>>16466267
Alice is the point where the game stops fucking around and forces you to actually pay attention to whats going on. I found the easiest thing to do was reset until she started with the elemental dolls and kill all but one then focus on her. The elemental formation just seems the least threatening. Still takes a lot of luck though.
>>
>>16456992
>>16456663
The game is rendered in a 16:9 window at a weird and really low resolution, and also it is not resizable. Fullscreen may as well not even exist as it's hard to activate and all it does is move the window to the top left of the screen , the rest of the screen is black, it doesn't even stretch the window. The in game options screen is also pretty lacking. I guess calling it a disaster was an exaggeration but not having a working fullscreen is a pretty big deal.
>>
>>16468062
Replace Aya for Sanae then building Sanae OR Reimu support or offense, that's what I meant
Also I don't have any healing spells equipped (other than Mokou's LW), since I have Sanae as a commander I can just cast her commander heal
>>
File: Screen forcing on.png (482KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screen forcing on.png
482KB, 800x600px
>>16468561
That's not the game acting up that's your graphics card or your display driver. I know what you are talking about but I've never had this game do it before. It still looks like shit in fullscreen though.
>>
File: FUCK.png (443KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
443KB, 1366x768px
Fuck this place so much holy shit someone please help me WHERE DO I GO
>>
>>16470829
Just go where you haven't gone before, that's the logic of these games
>>
>>16470829
Move up up down down left right left right
>>
>>16469455
Fullscreen makes Sakuya look like a man.
>>
>>16463087
The Messe Dagger is great for melee Patchouli because of those bonuses and life drain. All those weapons can be upgraded in the post-game as well.
>>
>>16477322
Melee patche is fun sometimes, like with the Mambele, but most the time she's better off putting points into that sweet doublecast.
>>
>>16478694
Gotta love the fact that Strawberry Bose decided to add a MACHOULI build to the game (which works because of Patchy's great STR) just because. It's a shame that DoD Patche went back to being just a normal mage.
>>
>>16478907
Not him but
>DoD
I completely forgot that thing existed. Was it ever translated?
>>
>>16478907
It's a shame that DoD did a lot of things.
>>
>>16478954
Haven't check how things are going in a while, but last time I did so there was a full translation for the menus, skills and everything that isn't the story.
>>16478975
It was a lot easier than GoS and HOLY SHIT THE GRIND for certain things, but it was still a fun game. Wouldn't mind going for another replay.
>>
>>16479098
>and everything that isn't the story.
Well that sucks. You wouldn't know where you're supposed to go next.
>>
>>16485329
It really isn't much of an issue, the world may be open but it's still served to you in slices so you can only move on after you find the way down. The main points of interest (the three towers) are pretty easy to understand, and even the final main story dungeon is easy to find because it's unlocked in an area that couldn't be fully explored before you finish everything else.
>>
>>16346118
>>16338076
Yeah, I'm on the third one now and it seems much better. I wanted to play them chronologically so I didn't spoil the earlier games before playing them, but you're right that they were fucking boring as sin. The first one was a snorefest, the second was better but still needed work and the third one actually seems good, though I'm not yet too far. Actually original level designs, much better systems and battle cards in general and a good mashup of real world/EM going on.
>>
>>16443592
9 days late but whatever.
You probably just transfered your files incorrectly.
Stuff like weapon upgrades, PP (the ones used for skills) and WP will get reset and the game gives you those points back.

Did you lose all of your normal points (as in the ones you use for stat upgrades) too?
>>
>>16486096
Too bad that the game ended after the third one. Maybe they just don't want to repeat BN4 all over again, but I still feel like they could do a lot more with the story.
Hell, considering that it's that fourth game of the series, they could make a parallel with BN4 and have DUO appear as the final boss or something.

And I'm still somewhat miffed that the Stardroids made zero appearance in either series. We got the Rockman Killer, so why not them?
>>
>>16492448
Yeah, that's what I was kind of expecting, honestly, since it's been a pretty long time since the last one was released when I checked. Seems kind of like a shame for them to end it there, just when they worked the system out and made it actually good.

And yeah, the parallels with each of the series are noticeable if you've played the previous ones before. It's also pretty cool what they did with the story regarding Strong and Prez getting fucking capped, but I'm not yet far enough into the story to tell if that's not justplot device, knowing them it is, isn't it ALWAYS? God damn, as good as the series is, everything is so incredibly predictable, fuck. They literally even HINT at you that they could still be alive. LOL BrotherBand, guys! Would be more satisfying to give justice to exactly how dramatic that scene was and actually make her dead, though.

Anyway, too bad this thread is likely on it's last legs, especially since the new Labyrinth thread came up. Nowhere to discuss my mild lasting obsession with the MMBN and related series with anyone. Too bad. Maybe in another 3 years.
>>
>>16494069
Oh, and as an addendum, since I've been playing that too: shanghai.exe is fucking fantastic, as well. Kinda seems like they've done everything good that every battle network game has ever done so far. It would be nice if I understood it better, but I know enough to get by, at least. But the absolute freedom in movement and quickness of card usage AND movement, in addition to increasing difficulties of things in general is nice as someone who's played for a long time. Would be great for them to finish this shit, but of course you can't rush perfection, so it's understandable one should be patient.
>>
>>16494069
>Anyway, too bad this thread is likely on it's last legs, especially since the new Labyrinth thread came up.
I don't see why we can't have both threads.
>>
>>16494927
Well, yes, I agree. But, this thread is on the way to natural deletion as most threads should be. But most conversation about Labyrinth will likely, and should deviate elsewhere, given that there is a high enough volume for it. No point in having less threads then necessary. Much like there is no point in having fewer boards then necessary.
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.