[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Key Game Announcement!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: summer pockets.png (2MB, 1581x763px) Image search: [Google]
summer pockets.png
2MB, 1581x763px
SUMMER POCKETS
"I'll never forget these dazzling days."
STAFF
Original Story: Jun Maeda
Original Character Design: Na-Ga, Tsubasu Izumi, Yuunon Nagayama
Scenario: Yuu Niijima, Kai, Hasama
Composer: Shinji Orito, Jun Maeda, Donmaru, Tomohiro Takeshita
Official Website (Japanese):
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/summer/
Staff interview and character preview (Japanese):
http://gs.dengeki.com/news/89671/
>>
>>16226542
Whole company should be executed for the virtual AIDS that was Clannad.
>>
Really surprising that Key still exists.

>Scenario: Yuu Niijima...
lol
>>
>>16226924
Surprsing? How so?
>>
"I'll never forget that I'm going to get AIDS."
>>
>>16227639
Not that guy, but the people who used to play eroge/galge in the early 2000s are completely different from the eroge/galge audience now.
Before they used to enjoy sappy and bittersweet pure love games with a very small focus on H-scenes, but nowadays it's not nearly as prevalent. The audience has shifted to preferring more of a combination of moege and nukige rather than the emotional stories that KEY and other studios used to deliver. Basically the fact that H-scenes and lewd situations are not a major focus, or focus at all really, should turn off a lot of modern eroge/galge players.
>>
Is Maeda already well?
I remeber he had some heart problems
>>
Did they already give up on finishing Angel Beats?
>>
>>16227935
That just means that Key has a dedicated fanbase and that people who prefer ''fresher'' VNs are still willing to play their games.
>>
>>16228230
When's 2nd Beat coming out?
>>
>>16226542
key is shit
>>
>>16227935
Source: your ass. There's been a steady decline of H-VNs over the years. Back in the day everything absolutely had to have H-scenes or it wouldn't sell, now VNs without any H-scenes are incredibly common. Also for what it's worth Rewrite did incredibly well (key, no H, released pretty recently in 2011) and so did the steam release of Clannad.

I agree that VNs have shifted away from melodrama a bit, but they've been moving into the direction of being more plot-heavy with less H content rather than the other way around.
>>
>>16226542
>"I'll never forget these dazzling days."
What a truly gripping tagline. I am very excited to experience this thrilling nakige classic.
>>
File: 10154690_p0.jpg (577KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
10154690_p0.jpg
577KB, 1280x1280px
>>16226542
>Maeda Jun

Where the fuck is my Angel Beats! reeee
>>
>>16226542
are people still hyped about Key?
>>
>>16235108
All ages is becoming more prevalent because the Japanese are actually starting to see the West as a profitable market, but
if you look at the Japanese market itself, you see that it is saturated with a lot of moege disguised as nukige or otherwise nukige. Very few all-ages Japanese exclusive PC games to be found, and they usually don't sell well. Bust size has also gone up quite a bit, meaning that these games obviously have their focuses elsewhere than making a sweet love story game.

>Back in the day everything absolutely had to have H-scenes
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Planetarian
Clannad
>>
>>16241087
Also I should probably mention while obviously a lot of games did have h-scenes back then, they weren't the main focus of the game. They were often short and to the point. With a lot of newer games (2010+), you have the majority of a heroine's route dedicated to H-scenes, with them often being quite long.
>>
>>16226542
lol
>>
>>16241087
>>16241100

Sorry but that is nothing new and the usually big success in mainstream market, which is also non-h thus to get the big bucks, the company obviously goes for the all ages market now.
This is not because of the west now buying their games, though of course it is right that it helps a lot.
Mainstream has always the most buyers this should be clear, of course the product needs to be somewhat good, so of course for profit you go for the all ages market.

VN developers deciding to go all ages happened already with many other companiesy, often they have some daugther, sister or whatever call it company which rolls out the all ages titles and as becomes more succesful they start to separate from the adult vn market.

It is a simple question of profit and Key finally decided to go that way, ago they didn't have enough money for their key animes and started with some low budget but those times are long over.

Also as someone who read a lot of old VN's the point about loss of quality changing of content is not really that true
About the h-scene focus in Moege, sure most are nukige like you already said, but that that doesnt mean it changed from what was sold ages ago on the market, you might think there were only story-ge and well nukige but ages ago even there were enough moege, charage whatever with tons h-scenes but those h-scenes were very short and not very good.
Did you ever play any old VN's?
You know like those which are really boring, visiting the same place on map, sometimes not even getting a proper changed response and those had inbetween also a lot of h-scenes, just very bad ones.
the story also sucks with most.
So quality also didn't really drop that much,
maybe the quality of writing of the top VN's.
>>
>>16241322
Also about age rating and VN's didnt sell if those didn't have H content, guys really how much do you know about the japanese market?
There were always enough Non-H VN's and obviously enough of them sold.
It is just the Nukige, Adult VN market is easier to enter for most companies, cause you didn't need to have brilliant wriiting and good story.
Key also started first with rather low quality titles, well I mean the company before they founded Key.
>>
>>16241356
ONE ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~ was really good though. Wish Key didn't ignore it though, especially considering that many plot elements from ONE makes it into almost every Key VN.
>>
File: 583352.jpg (3MB, 2143x3039px) Image search: [Google]
583352.jpg
3MB, 2143x3039px
It feels wrong to have such a similar setting to AIR like this. Like they want to re-capture that feeling their older titles had before Little Busters.
>>
I miss mammoth VNs with AAA vocal talent.
Like hearing Chiwa or Noto/Nakahara for hours. Hopefully KEY delivers once again.
>>
File: pockets.jpg (126KB, 1075x800px) Image search: [Google]
pockets.jpg
126KB, 1075x800px
I guess if Hinoue had sameface syndrome, Na-Ga has same design syndrome.
>>
I'm reading the interview and the very first two questions are about AB!

Answer was that Key obviously plan to continue AB but shit happens and now this is the next big tittle. Also, Nijima's here because of Maeda's heart problem but still the plot and the end are based on Maeda's planning.
>>
A heart transplant isn't exactly something you can recover from so I guess Maeda doesn’t feel confident on living long enough to finish AB! or being the lead writer for anything.
>>
>>16267804
Funny how he wrote about girls dying and being brought back with magical aids and now he's dying from the same thing.
>>
File: bath-yurippe-angel_beats!.jpg (3MB, 4548x6390px) Image search: [Google]
bath-yurippe-angel_beats!.jpg
3MB, 4548x6390px
>>16236995

Literally Nevers
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.