[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Why is this group dead?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Morning Musume.jpg (370KB, 1200x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Morning Musume.jpg
370KB, 1200x1190px
What went wrong?
Why is this group dead?
>>
Accepting ugly members.
>>
>>16217757
If that was the problem then AKB wouldn't have passed 2006.
>>
>>16217752

They seem to be going for the western sexy pop group look.
>>
>>16217752
Tsunku
>>
>>16217752
>What went wrong?
edm and formation dance
>>
>>16217752
It all went downhill with the fifth generation when they added four small girls who were too shy, introverted and normal. They grew up to become fine idols, but by then Morning Musume had already left the spotlight and never really got it back.

>>16217757
The first few generations of MM were the most famous, but they were by no means good on a visual level. The later generations had more better-looking members.

>>16218541
The formation dance gimmick brought the group some of its former fame though.
>>
>>16218789
>The formation dance gimmick brought the group some of its former fame though.
It did not. OG MM had nothing to do with formation dancing.
The latest girls tried to be known as the "reborn" Momusu complete with a meaningless name change to add the current year and the dance gimmick you mention. And they fucking failed completely. They managed to get on some bigger shows again, yes, but it just resulted in people making fun of them on the net. And after a year they disappeared from those shows again.
>>
Members with mainstream recognition from their big hit singles left, and the newer ones coming in took too long to get comfortable in front of the camera, so the general public moved on.

AKB sort of suffered the same fate, but endure because they figured out you could industrialize handshakes, and the media can't completely ignore a million CDs sold even if they aren't bought for the music.
>>
>>16219225
Oricon put the hammer down on bulk buying though. MM barely sells 60-70% of their previous singles. AKB stayed pretty much the same.
>>
6th gen was the last good quality gen. I stuck it out until around mid-late 2009 (went to one of their 2009 Haru concerts).

The cancellation of Hello! Morning was a pretty big blow to the group, as the replacement was garbage and didn't last long itself. MM just completely lacked the media saturation that they used to have, and lost a lot of popularity to AKB who now have like a dozen TV shows going. I'd say that 2009-2010 is probably when AKB "beat" MM.

It also doesn't help that Berryz and C-ute were becoming massively successful around the same time, further drawing popularity away from the flagship group.
>>
Even though she wasn't in MM at the time, I think Kago Ai played a major roll in killing the group. H!P handles scandals very, very poorly. They lost a lot of quality members to scandals. Goto Maki is a good example. I think former members like Kago and Goto being outsted by scandals (in Goto's case, a scandal that didn't even involve her), really hurt the image of H!P and MM. This coupled with the decline in quality of girls and the rise of AKB basically killed off MM.
>>
i think there are a lot of things, but all the "good" girls put into other hello project groups afect a lot the actual MM, I still love them but i know is not the same... most of the girls need a stronger personality...
>>
>>16217752
Losing the hit-making machine Dance*Man
>>
>>16224692
He's still at it and I still like him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHEtej4Br-U
>>
>>16217752
Do they have handshaking events?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.