[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tea thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: hyouge mono jp.jpg (654KB, 1199x2752px) Image search: [Google]
hyouge mono jp.jpg
654KB, 1199x2752px
What are you /jp/es drinking lately?
>>
Usually water. But sometimes someone I know offers to make tea, and I'll have that.

Thing is, hot tea tends to burn my tongue so I end up waiting forever for it to cool down. Is there some sort of technique to drinking hot tea without burning yourself?
>>
File: 1478841130452.png (74KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
1478841130452.png
74KB, 421x248px
Boiled tap water. Can't afford anything else.
>>
>>16184097
small sips and blowing the surface? kuso gaijin.
>>
>>16184072

i can't read this shit
>>
>>16184155
Really? I can read it on my laptop
>>
>>16184155
Your lack of grammar and punctuation combined with your problem makes it clear that you're a phone user.
What makes you think anyone here should care about you? Get out.
>>
I'm drinking cheap black supermarket tea

>>16184267
Please do not bully phone users, they are people too despite their hardware choices

tea thread is neutral territory
>>
http://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/fandom_set.html?groupId=38

is fantastic, especially Iroh (of course), Toph and Zuko. Don't like Aang very much, the little chamomile buds get stuck in my infuser. Cactus juice is surprisingly exactly what you'd imagine it to be like. I was impressed.
>>
It's coming into Summer here and it's too hot for tea, sucks too since I was recently gifted a proper cast iron teapot. Does anyone have experience making iced teas? I was considering just boiling up a bunch of green tea and leaving it to cool in a pitcher in the fridge.
>>
It's never too hot for tea D:

But don't boil it, just steep several bags of it in a pitcher in fresh water in the fridge for a day or so.
>>
>>16184267
>>16184294

phones auto-capitalize, retards.
>>
File: tea.png (81KB, 350x265px) Image search: [Google]
tea.png
81KB, 350x265px
>>16184072
I've been drinking a new recipe I found for hibiscus and anise tea
it has been quite lovely, especially iced~
>>
I like a cup of peppermint tea before bed. Although I drink Twinings and not some nip shit.
>>
I have some high quality "golden" sencha that I've kept in a special sealed aluminium container.
It's been about a year since I've last touched it, should I be worried about freshness?
>>
>>16190813
Is it in a sealed container? If not, its probably oxidized and wont be that great, if it is and small container is small, it shouldn't be too bad.
>>
高天神 from Shizuoka; http://baisabo-maruyo.com/?pid=885919
>>
File: 1420249506812.png (327KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1420249506812.png
327KB, 750x750px
I made mugicha the other day. it wasn't too bad but I roasted the wheat a bit too long I think, many grains got black and the tea tasted burnt too.
I tried it au naturelle and with some honey added, anyone know any other good variations?
>>
Always and forever green tea never hotter than 190 degrees never more than a minute.
>>
>>16204724
190? Do you have super pressured teapot or just using that retarded american temperature measurement system?
>>
File: 145175667333.png (324KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
145175667333.png
324KB, 600x625px
>>16205092
Faggot euro detected, here's a useless reply to a useless post, you knew what he meant.
>>
I have been too addicted to coffee to enjoy tea recently.
>>
File: 1448076536120.jpg (155KB, 700x964px) Image search: [Google]
1448076536120.jpg
155KB, 700x964px
>>16207782
Do you grind your own beans or just buy nice coffee? I can't ever enjoy coffee as much as I enjoy tea as I will always think of a shitty cup of Folgers rather than a nice cup of coffee because if I am normally drinking coffee its because its out of necessity rather than enjoyment. That said, I do love the smell of freshly ground coffee, and I keep some medium roasted stuff around for a little something different and a break in routine from my usual evening cup of tea.
>>
>>16208018
I add hot water to some freeze-dried Taster's Choice. Got to time to be grinding that serious gourmet shit, you know what I'm saying?
>>
>>16208018
>>16208050

>grind

I roast my own coffee, fucking plebs, folgers tastes like shit compared to mine. Also, planning on a kombucha setup.
>>
Only my own pitiful salty tears of depression and loneliness ;_;
>>
>>16184760
Just boil a pot earlier in the day and pour and decant it to some sort of jug once you're happy with the steep.
Forget about it for half an hour or whatever and once you're thirsty just pour it into glass of ice.
Don't get caught up in the minor details too much- especially with asian green/blacks. You could even re-steep forever while slowly adding extra leaves if you want. Also, if you do this (decanting and letting the tea cool) it may go opaque. Don't worry about it, tea is good for a day.
>>
I tried this yunnan dianhong and didn't really liked it, the flavor is superb though. Waiting for Biluochun and Tieguanyin to arrive, I hope I'll like them just like anon from the last thread.
>>
>>16184760
coldbrew sencha or genmai

mugicha or tomorokoshi is also ok
>>
I have some chinese plum leaf tea currently that my mother sent me, she's a big tea drinker and always buys the fancy stuff from actual tea shops but I'm poor and just buy the crappy supermarket brands. It's pretty good.
>>
Hey, guys. I don't generally post here but I think this is the only place I can get some legit help. I'm going abroad on family business and I'm going to be stopping in Narita for a layover(6 hours). I was planning on getting some shopping done, however, I'm a little unversed in what Japanese brands to buy. Canada doesn't have a free trade agreement with Japan like the US does so we hardly get any major consumer imports.

I'm specifically looking for good kinds of green tea(specifically looking for good Gyokuro, Matcha, and Genmaicha). Money isn't really an option so feel free to point out whatever you think is best.

Also, if you there are other things that are worth picking up please don't hesitate to mention them!
>>
Putting anything in tea is disgusting, especially sugar
>>
>>16216033
Most of the best teas are from little places that nobody has heard of. If you say that you're looking for a specific kind of tea, that should probably be enough. The shopping at Narita is OK; there are enough souvenir shops that you should be able to find something decent. The airport is too far away from everything else to be able to easily pop into Tokyo if you only have six hours (it's an hour to Higashi-Ginza if you take the skyliner and manage to transfer trains perfectly).
>>
File: T524_01.jpg (137KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
T524_01.jpg
137KB, 640x640px
>>16216033
ceramics
>>
File: 0012.png (2MB, 1160x929px) Image search: [Google]
0012.png
2MB, 1160x929px
>>16184072
Using this brand of tea.
>>
>>16216033
日本語で書きます。 成田空港ターミナル内にお店があります。第一ターミナル中央ビル5Fと第二ターミナル本館4F。店名「福寿園」お店のホームページ見ました。創業220年・京都銘茶あるようです。茶器を買うべきです。抹茶用・煎茶用。すごい金額になるかも。でも、見るだけの価値はあると思います。(誰か、訳してください)
>>
>>16216033
追加します。店名「伊藤園」もありました。
伊藤園=おーいお茶。を売っている有名店。
缶のお茶だけじゃなく、茶葉も売っている。
伊藤園は、一般家庭で気楽に飲める、お茶。
茶器も売っているようです。
沢山、茶葉・茶器、販売してる店が入っているようです。
>>
>>16204724
Water boils at 100° baka
>>
>>16218116 very loose translation, w/ some of 287 as well
Narita Airport has shops; T1's fifth floor and T2's fourth floor have "Fukujuen" (check out their homepage), established 220CE, with fine Kyoto teas and tea utenils. Matcha and green tea. Fucking expensive, but worth it. And there's also Ito En, which sells green tea. Not just bottled tea, but loose-leaf as well.
(TL note: see http://www.hanamichiflowerpath.com/2016/03/ito-en-fukujuen-narita.html or just look at the Narita airport website; they list the shops.)
>>
>>16218970
訳していただき。 ありがとう、ございます。
ーーーー
>>
>>16218820
No, it boils at 373K. What kind of idiot would base a system around something arbitrary like water?
>>
>>16222024
What pressure?
>>
>>16208018
The best way to enjoy coffee is to just eat a small handful of beans. It's quick and delicious, but I reccomend washing it down with some milk.
>>
>>16222237
Would it be a sin to temper some dark chocolate and coat them in that? I cant imagine straight coffee beans followed by milk being that enjoyable on their own as coffee itself is terribly bitter, do you do this often or are you just pulling my leg?
>>
>>16231716
Chocolate-coated espresso beans are a (tasty) thing.
However, you are also being bullshitted.
>>
>>16231716
Not op, but do whatever you like. If you enjoy it in dark chocolate, go for it- too many people get uptight about coffee and tea and what not. Just take it how you like.

In saying that, just letting you know that eating beans by themselves is not really common. There's nothing wrong with it, and its common practice for roasters (but that's more to akin to taste testing your own food). If you want chocolate coated beans it might be easier to buy some. That itself is not too uncommon, and depending where you live should be easily found in chocolate specialty stores (and maybe supermarkets- again, depends on location).
>>
>>16233201
I suspect it's genuine advice, seeing how it's followed by 'washing it down with some milk'.

It's definitely not common, but it's also not unheard of. It'd be a bit like putting sugar on tomato or SnP on avocado (the latter, by the way, I recommend trying if you haven't before).
>>
>>16231716
>>16233201
Not kidding. I keep a bag of coffee beans on my desk and eat a couple throughout the day. I think it's pretty good, but I understand many people won't.
>>
>>16236563
I stand corrected. Have you had Turkish coffee?
>>
File: kukicha.jpg (345KB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
kukicha.jpg
345KB, 1536x2560px
Today I'm trying some kukicha for the first time. This is nice. Sweet, almost creamy flavor, and also that very Japanese seaweed-y taste (I find this in most Japanese green tea I've tried). Brewed at 70c and for about 1 minute, one teaspoon for a cup.

I've also had decent sencha and oolong ("Minami Sayaka") lately. I should drink Pai Mu Tan more often, I bought a big bag of that some time ago and want to get through it one day.

>>16184097
One way is to drink white, green and oolong teas and make them properly (at the right temperature).

70-80 celsius isn't that hot, it cools down very quickly too if you so want. I hate drinking black tea and herbal infusions brewed at 95-100 for this reason, with that stuff one really needs to wait.

Also, using small cups/bowls is another way.
>>
>>16184097
If your tongue is burning you are overheating the water for most teas. Most electric kettles will just heat to boiling before they turn off. Don't let them.
>>
>>16237181
No. Is it good? In my experience, most beans end up tasting pretty similar. I usually get cheaper stuff for eating.
>>
Funny, I'm just getting into tea because I want to quite diet soda 'cuz it's so bad for my teeth.

I'm drinking about 4 mugs a day. Mostly black tea, cinnamon stick or spiced chai. Tried constant comment...not sure I like it. Orange and fruit flavors are a bit cloying in tea.
>>
>>16240586
Sounds really nice Anon. I never tried kukicha, I've mostly been going for sencha or genmaicha. I need to broaden my horizons a bit, I still have a bag of bancha to try out as well.
>>
>>16208018
This comes 8 days late, but I buy fresh beans about every 2 weeks to home and work, from a local coffee place that refills their stock of freshly roasted beans weekly. Really fresh, potent and delicious taste.

Usually I stick to 5/5 roasting level beans. Ethiopia has really good strong stuff to make espresso and latte out of.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.