[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doujin Thread?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1480383694563274504371.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
1480383694563274504371.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
Any of you guys buy physical copies of doujins?

I've started buying some at conventions but also just ordered a second one online

>was a close call with pic related
>Mum answered door to delivery guy
>Asked what I ordered
>Said a book
>Doujin was the same size as the thin doujins but was about as thick as 12 thin doujins
>managed to say it was a 3 volume bleach Manga and said it was really well packed(which it was)

Just ordered volume 12 of pic related, got it from doujinrepublic.com, they are pretty damn good, prices are a little high but the speed of delivery from Japan to UK was about 3 days, after my first purchase they gave me a $5 coupon to celebrate my first purchase and I got a cyber Monday $3 coupon so I got $8 dollars off total which was nice

They also sent me a little note which was of nice quality, they also call me with -san at the end of my name in everything

They seem really friendly and asked about my delivery cause I missed the first time and had it rescheduled a few days later, got in touch about an hour after I missed it which was surprising.
>>
>>16177587
That's quite the blog. Do you hide your doujins? It seems like you do. Have a talk with your mom about privacy. Nothing beats the feeling of pulling out a book out of your personal bookshelf
>>
Do you mean Japanese conventions or overseas conventions?
I started with a few doujins I picked up in convention travels, but the selection is terrible compared to what you can find once you learn how to order online.
I scan, btw, but only a couple lesser-known artists that particularly interest me.
I think I've managed to get more people interested in their art, so I might not have to do all the legwork forever.
>>
>>16177773
I got them in a bag near my bed under my desk, it's enclosed so it would be hard to get at

It's not my I'm worried about as much as I live with two brothers and my dad and they wouldn't drop it that quick as we tend to banter with each other a lot

>>16177841
I live in the UK atm, got some from mcm comic con in London and then ordered some online, planning to go to Japan in the next few years
>>
>>16177848
>we tend to banter with each other a lot
I wish I had bros to banter with! To answer you question though. I usually buy online only if the artist interests me. I want to go to Nippon too, just to breathe in the smell of new doujins in a store.
>>
Why was my post deleted?
>>
>>16178310
Gotta admit I love smelling new books, really wanna see what new doujins smell like in a shop
>>
>>16178338
It didn't respect /jp/'s Quality Standards™, please try to adhere to them in your future posts
>>
>>16178310
>>16178995
>just to breathe in the smell of new doujins in a store.
Whatever you do, don't go during summerket. It won't be the doujins you're smelling.
>>
File: old pic.jpg (652KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
old pic.jpg
652KB, 1200x900px
I have about 120 doujinshi but I stopped collecting them for a while. Masturbating with a book in your hands isn't really convenient.
>>
>>16179363
I bet
>>
>>16179633
Yeah I'm starting to find that out quickly aswell
>>
>>16179633
>not supporting your favorite artists and letting them know they have many fans overseas who´d travel all the way over just to buy their latest release
I´d be tickled pink if it ever happened to me
>>
I started a small collection of Tōhō dōjinshis about half a year ago when I realized that a significant percentage of the books I'm interested in won't ever get scanned. With how brutal shipping costs can be for large amounts of books and the need for a proxy, this hobby quickly turned into a pretty costly affair, but now that I've gotten my hands on some pretty nice books that I wouldn't have ever had the chance of reading had I not bought them myself, I don't think I can stop buying more.
>>
>>16179633
Especially annoying with tankoubon. At least doujinshi will stay on a page if you lay them flat on a bed or something.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.