[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touhou Fangame Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

File: ra5c01.png (510KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
ra5c01.png
510KB, 624x480px
What are you currently playing? What would you personally recommend? What new releases are you looking forward to?

I'm almost done with Labyrinth of Touhou 2, really good game, kinda wish it had more 2hus available to play with, and some of the dialogue leave a lot to be desired, fuck the focus on Rinnosuke, he sucks but other than that I really wish there was another game like or more content
>>
>>16138930
>I'm almost done with Labyrinth of Touhou 2, really good game, kinda wish it had more 2hus available to play with,
Expansion soon, actually.
>>
>>16138961
Really? When is it coming out? What are they adding? Will there be LoLK characters?
>>
I haven't played any Touhou fangames for like 8 months. I heard genius of sappheiros is good but never got around to playing it. Maybe I could try and play some in Japanese if my nihongo gets better.

>>16138989
http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/THL2P/top.html
Planned for December 2016 I think, unless it gets delayed. Probably no LoLK characters, but we'll see.
>>
File: lot2.jpg (199KB, 794x563px) Image search: [Google]
lot2.jpg
199KB, 794x563px
Does anyone know what's the latest patch? The one I got makes text go out of the bubble so some words are impossible to read

>>16139037
From what I could find, the characters being added are
Kokoro, Miko, Futo, Mamizou, Tokiko, Koishi and Shou
>>
Playing FushiGen Tower of Desire
Doing some post game stuff, mostly grindan to fight Toyohime and Yorihime.

Funny that the few times I actually challenged them during a Lunar War, I beat Toyohime twice and got both of her equipments to drop.

Yorihime is a nightmare, though.
>>
>>16139037
The Vita port of GoS is actually part of that whole Play Doujin shtick, so maybe we'll see that after they've got the kusoge out of their system.
But who am I kidding.
>>
>>16142261
Was the Aya DLC for that vita exclusive?
>>
File: 20161122-224158.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161122-224158.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>16146458
Nah, the PC version comes with all of the Vita's DLC included.
>>
File: remilia_hat.png (8KB, 161x223px) Image search: [Google]
remilia_hat.png
8KB, 161x223px
I haven't played much recently, but I've played a few fan games in the past. Those would include Sky Arena/Kurenai, Koubutou, Treasure Hunter G, Age of Ethanols, Tempest of Heaven and Earth and Super Marisa Land. Sky Arena and Treasure Hunter G have some good multiplayer, it's just too bad Sky Arena is a laggy piece of shit that can't handle multi with anybody beyond 250 miles away. Koubutou would be great multi too, if only it actually fucking worked properly, ToHaE and SML are about what you'd expect, solid platformers.

Most of these were reasonably good games... though I kind of prefer the official ones a bit more, since they're always good, and I can get a good dose of canon at the same time. I also played some RPG at some point, but when my 2hu folder exploded for no apparent reason I lost it. I still have this picture of Remi chewing on her hat out of frustration from it, though. Cute!
>>
>>16146458
Speaking of play doujin, why the fuck did they decided to localize the shittiest game out of the japanese selection? GoS on vita would have been great.
>>
>>16146554
Fuck what's the order for Sky Arena for install and patching again? I got all the isos but don't remember the order.
>>
>>16148142
Sorry, I don't actually know, I never got it working myself, only played them separately. I couldn't be bothered after the shit I'd read about it on shrinemaiden didn't work. I only played it occasionally so it was no big deal to me.

I do remember you'll need to patch them both or something? But that's about all I remember, really.
>>
File: 1472517338044 (1).png (107KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
1472517338044 (1).png
107KB, 800x540px
>playing labyrinth of touhou
>press esc to exit the menu like in every other fucking game
>game closes without even asking are you sure
plz
>>
>>16149335
I haven't trusted the ESC key in years.
90% of doujin games just force quit when you press it.
>>
>>16149350
I know this feel. Why the fuck can't they just make an options menu or something? Who the fuck exactly thought that this was a good idea.
>>
File: CZbGuQjUcAE0RIt.jpg:orig.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
CZbGuQjUcAE0RIt.jpg:orig.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
>>16138930
Still waiting warmly for Shanghai EXE updates.
>>
>>16150495
Is there any known method of texthooking? OCR is iffy at best for that font.
>>
>>16150506
If you find one, please share. I don't have much experience with text hooking, and the few ways I did try either didn't work or worked badly. I pretty much just used the English guide for everything that I needed help with.
>>
>>16149335
I only use F1 because of this fear
>>
>>16139229
I haven't touched it in like 2 years, but it's probably a locale issue. Or a font issue. It's usually something like that.

Also you missed Akyuu. And that is the complete list, so no, no LoLKs.
>>
File: touhou lab 2.png (726KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
touhou lab 2.png
726KB, 800x600px
>>16138930
I am actually playing the trial version of the Plus Disc for Touhou Labyrinth 2.

Because the trial disc data gets patched over the base game I now have a partially translated game again.
>>
File: futototo.png (190KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
futototo.png
190KB, 420x600px
Here is the full image of Futo from Touhou Labyrinth 2 btw. Not sure why they try too keep her partially obscured when they already posted it in full before.
>>
Anyone know anything about that Yuuka game that looks like Harvest Moon?
>>
I really hope the new characters from the Plus Disc don't suck.

I remember the new characters that were added in the plus disc for the first game all being really gimicky, besides Eiki who was ridiculously OP.
>>
File: bullied tanuki.png (2MB, 785x1175px) Image search: [Google]
bullied tanuki.png
2MB, 785x1175px
who bully here
>>
File: Capture.jpg (118KB, 803x602px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
118KB, 803x602px
>>16161085
I assume you're talking about Garden no Monogoto? I think I got it off of doujinstyle a while ago. Never got too far into it though, so I don't know all too much about it.
>>
Is there any hope for Boho Youyoumu and Madara Sakura to get english translations?
They seem like great games
>>
>>16163310
just learn jp
>>
>>16163310
Thanks for making me google Madara Sakura
>>
>>16162147
is that the artist from eiyuu senki?
>>
>>16163310
Boho Youyoumu is just a metroidvania, the only "plot" is right at the start and right at the end. What do you think needs translation, or are you incapable of navigating basic menus?
>>
>>16164202
There are some comments from Yuyuko during gameplay I think. Menus would be nice too
>>
>>16150495
>Still waiting warmly for Shanghai EXE updates.
So am I.

It was a pretty fun play even though it's unfinished. I like how they combined style change and cross system within the battle area. I feel the walkthough's description of Yorihime is accurate about her being Insane ProtoMan. Still a fun fight, as all of the bosses were.
>>
>>16162147
I've played that game for a little while. There isn't much to do.

You can only collect fruit from trees once which is absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>16142261
What are some other cute RPG's like this? Doesn't have to be 2hu.
>>
>>16171451
See, that's my issue with most fan games, they kind of suck.
I'm not really okay with Tasofro sucking up to Sony, but at least their works are solid experiences.
The Labyrinth of Touhou 2 is pretty much the only other one I've enjoyed, mainly because core game play is really solid. Everything around that is bare-bones as heck, traversing the tree is a huge drag and they didn't even give the girls different facial animations.
>>
>>16175955
>didn't even give the girls different facial animations.

This bothers me too. But at least the art is way better than the first game. First game had art that was so shitty, the last patch added the option to replace character art with your own.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.