[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain Touhous Bullshit powers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Th10Kanako.png (75KB, 364x512px) Image search: [Google]
Th10Kanako.png
75KB, 364x512px
Power to create "sky"
What the hell is that supose to mean?
Was ZUN completely drunk?
Is something lost in translation?

Touhou powers thread.

Give alterantive explanations, mythological explanations or build into the ludicrous explanations that we already got.
>>
>>16135713
go fuck yaself
>>
File: 098t7udyrf.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
098t7udyrf.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>16135730
>>
>>16135713
You just have to think a little more abstractly.
Nice going, showing off your low iq.
>>
Like Yuugi, her abilities are based on metaphysical, cosmological concepts, which is why they're so ill-defined

Her power is based on qian/tien (heaven, sky), one of the eight trigrams of the yin-yang.

But since she's a god of wind and rain, presumably qian gives her control over various elements of the sky and atmosphere.

Consequently, Suwako's power is based on kun/di (earth), The two are complementary dual elements in Taoism, forming the Three Realms of reality alongside Humanity (Sanae?).

Power of the heavens or earth also represents their status as gods, since Kanako is a god of the heaven-chosen Japanese and Suwako is a primordial native god, while Sanae borrows from both.
>>
File: 1477470319827.png (119KB, 300x389px) Image search: [Google]
1477470319827.png
119KB, 300x389px
The power to "erase history" people may think that this is some broken as fuck power or just not understand it at all but I think all this power does is just trick people into thinking certain past events never happened, for example, say you drop your pencil, then Keine eats the event where you drop your pencil, in reality the pencil is still on the floor, but since you're under Keine's ability it looks like the pencil never dropped, you can still write with it and use it for stuff until Keine's power fades, then everything will go back to normal since you were under the effect of an illusion.
>>
File: 1477519678647.jpg (296KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477519678647.jpg
296KB, 900x900px
If you ask me about Flandre's power I'd say the way it works is similar to the Arch-viles from Doom, you gotta be in her range to affect you, same thing goes for Yuyuko.
>>
>>16135713

She can fix the atmosphere, or give an atmosphere to a planet that doesn't readily have one like Mars or the Moon.

Note that her "power" is really just a tack-on as she's already a goddess.
>>
>>16141528
That would be correct, but not entirely. If you drop your pencil and you know you dropped your pencil, Keine eating that history means nothing to you because you know the truth. Others wouldn't be able to perceive that you dropped the pencil if they didn't witness it.
>>
>>16141528
Litterly King Crimson
>>
>>16141544
Flandre's power is a multi-target Killer Queen that doesn't need priming.
>>
>>16142918
But backwards and fake
>>
File: pixiv51971783.jpg (124KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv51971783.jpg
124KB, 480x343px
Can somebody explain me Sagume's power ?
>>
>>16141544
Well then it must be a stupidly long range, as Flandre destroyed a meteor that was far above the SDM.
>>
>>16143952
Her ability is to change the future while also making herself look like a lying piece of shit.
>>
>>16143952
ITS OPPOSITE DAY!
>>
>>16143952
When she talks about how something will turn out, it "inverts the wheel of fortune" so that strange outcomes become more likely than normal ones.

If there's a bag of 9 black stones and 1 white one, then Sagume's power would cause you to draw the white stone 9 times out 10, and a black stone 1 time out of 10. However, if you'd already drawn the stone without looking at it, then she couldn't change which one is in your hand retroactively.

Interestingly, the description of her power is very similar to how Eirin says the Lunarians first travelled to the Moon in CiLR.
>>
>>16144855
That's actually the usual misinterpretation of how it works.
>>
>>16145852
somebody's been reading my posts
>>
>>16143952
Take a dice with you and throw it. You will create six possible futures, one for each side. At the exact moment your dice leaves your hand, however, the probability of one face to show up becomes roughly 1, with few possible perturbations. The dice is now fated.

Now imagine that Sagume can, analyzing it's movement, predict the side that will show up. If she speaks, this prediction will become a lie, and it's probability will drop to zero. So another event will be chosen from the remaining ones.

Sagume's power is not an inversion. Only a reroll. That's why Zun stated that it was 50-50 when she spoke during lolk. Because she was rerolling the fate, with a possible chance of dramatic failure. That's also why she tests the protagonist's powers, to ensure that the probability of a successful ending is high.
>>
>>16135713
Why is this image slightly transparent?
>>
>>16147174
Faith is for the transparent people.
>>
>>16147174
Because it's a game rip and a large portion of in-game images have 94% opacity (~240 alpha) for some reason.
>>
>>16144482
That's why I compare it to the Arch-viles, I doesn't matter how far the target is as long as there's nothing in the way.
>>
>>16143952
If Sagume makes a statement/prediction about the future, the opposite will happen. That's it. If she's talking about things which have already happened, or about the present, nothing will happen.
>>
I'm still not completely sure of how Junko's power of making things pure work. I mean, I understand the gist of it but I don't see how it can make Clownpiece so strong by purifying her
>>
>>16148628
Still wrong. A number of people in the thread have already explained it.
>>
>>16148673
It's best if you read CoLA to gain an understanding of what gods are. If you get it, it's more or less straightforward to say that Junko's power strips the entity to a single kami nature. In the case of fairies, fairies (妖精) in the Touhou universe are manifestations of life and nature (精) and Junko purified them to be "just that". Why it makes them strong is a bit of a lazy justification, but it's generally just that the better some entity can do its job the stronger it is.
>>
>>16141544
wtf is the eye thing flan says she have to crush?
>>
>>16158252
It's the same thing Shiki stabs to kill things.
>>
>>16158281
forgot about that, the lines were life and the dots death or something like this
>>
>>16158281
so can flan kill servants?
>>
>>16163431
yes, but she can't see stands
>>
>>16143952
If she discusses future happenings not set in stone, things will go the opposite way of what she says.
>>
>>16143952
Destiny fucks her, instead of her fucking destiny
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.