[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Touhou charachter is the strongest?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: touhou_oouso.jpg (2MB, 2625x2625px) Image search: [Google]
touhou_oouso.jpg
2MB, 2625x2625px
>>
My dick.
>>
Hecatia
>>
It's Hecatia
>>
me
>>
it's yuugi, OP. she's the strongest touhou.
>>
>>16094690
1st

>>16094730
2nd
>>
>>16094730
>>16094734
>>
me
>>
>>16096767
Get off of /jp/, Hecatia
>>
>>16096429
I'm glad you can count
>>
It's Eirin. She can make every man in Gensokyo have an ejaculation simultaneously.
>>
File: 57496724_p0.jpg (190KB, 778x1024px) Image search: [Google]
57496724_p0.jpg
190KB, 778x1024px
>>16094684
The strongest, of course!
>>
>>16094684

Yukari
>>
File: Yakumo Yukari (53).jpg (373KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
Yakumo Yukari (53).jpg
373KB, 600x840px
>>
File: Th01JoyfulSphericalCreature.png (14KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Th01JoyfulSphericalCreature.png
14KB, 320x200px
>>
File: 1438958893912.jpg (152KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438958893912.jpg
152KB, 533x800px
I happen to be an expert on this subject.
>>
>>16111723
Canonically this.
>>
me
>>
Canonically, Reimu. (Marisa isn't far behind). A mere human barrier maiden posessing little more than flight puts down all the ex-youkai and later GODS daring to start incidents in Gensokyo. If she were to be killed in action, Gensokyo would cease to exist.

Yukari is stronger but she has almost a maternal relationship with Reimu. The two of them teamed up to exterminate moon bitches.
>>
>>16112033
If reimu trained she could reach yorihime level, but all she does is lazy around and try new ways to scam people
>>
>>16112033
>Canonically, Reimu.
Wrong with just two words.
>>
>>16111723
Knows whats up
>>
>>16112033
>A mere human barrier maiden posessing little more than flight
And spiritual ability to exterminate youkai
And the powerful yin-yang orb
And the ability to make boundaries that can do stuff like wrap space around
All without even really being serious about training to improve her abilities.
>>
>>16112722
>And the ability to make boundaries that can do stuff like wrap space around
Yukari wants to have a talk with her
>>
File: 1473630371146.jpg (280KB, 440x2293px) Image search: [Google]
1473630371146.jpg
280KB, 440x2293px
>>
>>16112033
>If she were to be killed in action, Gensokyo would cease to exist.
I have doubts about it with the new canon
>>
>>16111723
why not the pink haired fairy?
>>
The village
>>
File: i hate this.png (81KB, 409x406px) Image search: [Google]
i hate this.png
81KB, 409x406px
>>16112033
>Marisa isn't far behind
Marisa would be nothing without her Hakkero. She receives no usual benefits of transitioning into a magician youkai because she clings to her humanity (which isn't bad in and of itself, but doesn't make her any stronger). CoLA very strongly implies the threat of the Hakkero is the only thing holding youkai back from attacking her the traditional way (as Marisa is no longer directly affiliated with the Human Village).
>>
ZUN never said Hecatia is the strongest though. He said she's stronger than everyone "in Gensokyo and in the Lunar Capital". He also says Junko "isn't from Gensokyo". Junko could be stronger than her: she doesn't even have a damage portrait in the Extra Stage, while Hecatia does.

I like both characters btw.
>>
>>16128593
You know who else doesn't have a damaged portrait? Sagume.

Also, Junko is a pure spirit. It would be weird for her to get physically damaged.
>>
>>16128680
Yes, but Sagume is from the Lunar Capital. Weaker than Hecatia. (Also, she does have one, it's in the game code)
My point wasn't that though: it was more about the fact that we need to consider that Hecatia is "only" stronger than people in Gensokyo and the Lunar Capital. There are other dimensions (Outside World included) as well.
Also, in the same interview ZUN calls her "just a normal goddess of Hell". I can't understand the original Japanese text, but there might be other Hell deities, just like there are multiple Yamas.
>>
>>16128534
>the only thing holding youkai back from attacking her the traditional way
or people like her
She has far more magic than just comes from the mini-Hakkero, anon. It's just her most potent power source. If all her magic came from that, she's be a pretty crummy magician.

>>16128957
>Also, she does have one, it's in the game code
I'm sure you know this, but it was omitted purposefully because it made no sense for her to be damaged when she was just testing you.
Hecatia is also just playing around, so her damaged portrait shouldn't really mean anything at all. It's more that you just fought a lot, I guess.

Not sure if I have to say this either, but those from the Lunar Capital are easily stronger than Junko. They've swatted her away countless times in the past. The only reason they actually got trapped this time is because she utilized something they hadn't considered possible.

Saying "only stronger than" would also be a misnomer, considering the point of the phrase is to establish she's far more powerful than seemingly anyone we've witnessed so far. And stronger than the Lunar Capital? Ancient Shinto gods? If her prestige is higher than Eiki and she's more powerful than the previously-established most powerful class, it isn't exactly "assuming" that she's currently the strongest.
>>
>>16131497
Yeah, I guess it's just like ZUN doesn't really consider Rin Satsuki a Touhou character.

Hecatia's power level also makes me wonder why Junko and her don't just use brute force to get into the Capital and get Chang'e. If the SDM crew can get near the Capital with a half-baked rocket...but I guess it's due to plot reasons.
>>
Reimu. Fantasy Heaven is utterly broken.

Half the reason spellcards were introduced was so youkai could still cause trouble and actually "fight" the shrine maiden
>>
>>16131937
quite the opposite, and I doubt it could last for much time, just hide/wait until she can't keep it anymore and attack, or surprise attack, not giving her time to activate it, abilities like flandre one could do it easily
>>
>>16131937
No, half the reason they were introduced was so youkai could cause incidents without killing her in a fight and endangering the existence of Gensokyo, as she is at least partially responsible for maintaining the Great Barrier.
>>
>>16128593
>she doesn't even have a damage portrait in the Extra Stage, while Hecatia does.

I thought it was common knowledge to not use spell card battles as a means of determining power levels in Touhou.
>>
>>16141931
Except that Cirno does show damage during her Extra Stage even if, gameplay wise, she's "winning".
>>
>>16144603
And you do know that they're just simply firework shows and not fights to be taken seriously, right?
Something that was pretty much integral to the whole point of spell card battles.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.