[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was that software everyone used to use to learn japanese?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

What was that software everyone used to use to learn japanese? We used to have thread dedicated to it

I'm finally ready to learn /jp/, help me please!!
>>
File: eazye.jpg (32KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
eazye.jpg
32KB, 400x392px
Anki, and it's only really good for reviewing.

Don't forget to do your reps every day.
>>
>>16084501
Thank you Eazy ``Take it Easy'' E. for your support, I will politely sage now
>>
Adobe Reader
>>
Kanji Dictionary: Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten
>>
File: WP_20161109_001.jpg (847KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161109_001.jpg
847KB, 1632x1224px
>>16084474
>software
>>
assuming my bar is understanding what people are saying when watching TV shows and such, how long would it take me to get there?

let's say I study 2 hours a day.
>>
>>16085485
3 years minimum
>>
>>16085508
>>16085485
3 years meh?

I'd say don't go the software route.
Just listen to jap. songs. Preferably older ones (If you are into that) Since the great ballad wave of the 80's actually has some decent lyrics.
Watch a lot of TV, not only dramas/movies but talkshows.

Lastly grab a pen and paper. You need to write that shit to fully grasp it. Write yourself those little cards that can carry around anywhere and review them anytime of the day.

Sticky your entire house with post-its and the items name on it. etc.

They key to learning a language is to fully submit yourself to it and dive into it on a daily basis. Best would be to isolate yourself in it, but that is mostly impossible if you dont travel down to japan.
>>
>>16085739
>Write yourself those little cards that can carry around anywhere and review them anytime of the day.
Or use anki on your phone because it's the goddamn twenty-first century
>>
>>16085739
This is bad advice. Go look at /djt/s learning guide or something
>>
My Japanese Coach for the Nin10doh DS
>>
>>16084474
The software was called Rosetta Stone, everyone should know this.
>>
>>16084501
so are there downloadable decks or do i have to write it all down myself?
>>
>>16103448
Get the "Core2k/6k optimised Japanese Vocabulary deck"
>>
>>16084474
The only software that really helped me.
For PC:
AGTH, ITH, ITHVNR, Translation Aggregator, KanjiTomo, JWPce, JGlossator, Tagaini Jisho (kanji component search), mecab-translate, Google Japanese Input (IME).
Special mention: waifu2x. Haven't used it myself, but should be useful for upscaling low resolution material while retaining clarity of lines.
For iOS:
Chinese Handwriting Input, Google Translate (Japanese Handwriting Input), "Japanese".
For Android:
mazec3 (Japanese Handwriting Input), Aedict3, OCR Manga Reader.
>>
>>16086276
I'd suggest talking with a few Japanese folk, you have been studying for around 2 months. You should be able to get by and order food and such.

Plus Tokyo has a lot of signs and things in English since it's so over saturated with westerners.
>>
>>16084474
Foreign service institute language course.
>>
anime with subs will help some and google the word "translate" for a tool to learn some phrases there are several youtubers to help with cultural references
>>
The main way to learn a language is to read a lot. The problem is dictionaries are extremely slow and frustrating to use. What to do?

The solution is to get the Rikaisama plugin for Firefox to read anything you can load into a web browser (web sites, pdf's, txt files, etc). If you could only download 1 piece of software, this would be it.

Get KanjiTomo to read scans of manga / light novels. Get ITHVNR (check the /a/ djt thread for a really nifty guide to setting this up to work automatically with Rikaisama) to read visual novels.
>>
Watch a lot of japanese movies and dramas, start makinh sense of the words and sentence you hear.
I used Tae kim's android app
>>
I want to learn by reading, but my problems are twofold:

1. Can't find much material.
2. The material I can find assumes you know a billion Kanji.
3. Dictionaries also assume a lot of prior knowledge.

Is there, like, See Spot Run in Japanese? Should I break down and buy textbooks?
>>
>>16084501
>But I aint no faggot!
>dies from AIDS
What did he mean by this?
>>
So what level of JLPT did you pass, /jp/?
>>
File: learning moon.png (247KB, 1555x1649px) Image search: [Google]
learning moon.png
247KB, 1555x1649px
I'm thinking of beginning to learn, is this guide a good start or is it outdated?
>>
I'm in a beginner's Japanese class and supposed to hold a short presentation tonight.
Could somebody who speaks moon please look over a few sentences and correct them?

>Who of you did Judo before?
じゅうどう は だれ を しましたか。
Or is it:
だれ は じゅうどう を しましたか。
>Judo was founded in 1882 in Japan.
にほん に 1882ねん に せつりつ しました。
>Which country got/won the most gold medals?
どの くに は もっとも ゴオルド メダルス が もらいましたか。
Or:
~が かちましたか。

Please help so I don't spill my spaghetti.
>>
>>16136925

[Feel free to correct/revise this, but based on my knowledge]

For the first one, だれはじゅうどうをしたことがありますか?is probably most natural, but I don't know if you've learned that grammar. Of your two, the first would be nice for an opening sentence because it moves the emphasis to judo if it's a new subject. If you want to specifically address the people there, something like みんなのなかで or このじゅうぎょうのなかで before the sentence, especially if you go with the second one.

がんばって!

For the second, にほんで is better than にほんに

For the third, I'd say use もらう.
>>
>>16137028
Thank you a lot!
>>
>>16136925
>Who of you did Judo before?
柔道をしたことのある人はいますか
じゅうどう を した こと の ある ひと は いますか
>Judo was founded in 1882 in Japan.
柔道は1882年に日本で作られました
じゅうどう は 1882 ねん に にほん で つくられました
>Which country got/won the most gold medals?
最も多くの金メダルを獲得した国はどこですか
もっとも おおく の きん メダル を かくとく した くに は どこ ですか
>>
>>16085485
I've been learning for 2 years, pretty much primarily focused on reading. I can read a lot of things really fast now but my listening kinda sucks.

It depends on what you focus on.
>>
File: 誰が.png (425KB, 1142x583px) Image search: [Google]
誰が.png
425KB, 1142x583px
>>16137028
>だれはじゅうどうをしたことがありますか?is probably most natural
>だれは
This is incorrect. Consult for example page 35 or 159 (pic) in Genki 1. Question words (だれ being one of them) must always be followed by が.

>みんなのなかで
When adressing the class, it's probably better to go with みなさんのなかで, but it depends on the relationships inside the class. If it's a class of like five people and you're all pals, みんなのなかで is okay.

>このじゅうぎょうのなかで
Here you used じゅうぎょう wrong. First, the word is 授業 (じゅぎょう), but even if you wrote it correctly, it would be used in a wrong way. Meaning of じゅぎょう is
http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/104990/meaning/m0u/ that is the act of teaching and learning in a class.
What you should have used is クラス, that can mean either class as in the act of teaching and learning (= じゅぎょう), but also class as in the group of people who together make the class, which is the meaning you want in このクラスのなかで as you want to use it.

But desu even if you used it all correctly, that is
>このクラスのなかでだれがじゅうどうをしたことがありますか?
I don't think it's the best way to ask what the original poster wants to ask. If I overdo the translation a bit, it sounds like "Out of you, who's the one that did judo?". I feel it's much better to ask "Is there someone who did judo?", that is like in this post >>16137471

>>16137471
柔道をしたことのある人はいますか is very okay, but since it seems to be a beginner class, I would say 柔道をしたことがある人はいますか with more standard が in the 修飾語.

>柔道は…作られました
There I'd use 創る, as in 創始, for reference:
>https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/嘉納治五郎
>講道館柔道の創始者であり…
But 創る is 常用外, so I'd just go with つくる in kana.

As a bonus note, I'll say that せつりつ (設立) used by the original poster >>16136925 is used for starting a business, starting a corporation or some organization etc. Very unfitting in the case of judo, but good if speaking about some judo association.

>最も多くの金メダル
Depending on the seriousness of the class and those presentations, it's worth to consider 一番多くの金メダル
>>
>>16137483
I'm planning on learning Japanese solely for reading, what did you go to to help you primarily focus on reading Japanese.
>>
File: sakura sukumizu.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sakura sukumizu.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>16084474

try memrise.com

it will take you forever to learn japanese with anki
>>
>>16084474
Also try japaneseclass.jp

>>16135725
djt.neocities.org
And why does every guide mention nama sensei?
>>
>>16142514
>djt.neocities.org
Use this instead: http://djtguide.neocities.org/
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.