[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 52

File: 50212286_p1_master1200.jpg (412KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
50212286_p1_master1200.jpg
412KB, 720x1200px
Pastebins:

>New Player Guide/FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C

Version 1.63 is out. Questions welcome. Feel free to post characters and pets.
>>
Previous thread:
>>15976373
>>
File: hpxjcfc.jpg (196KB, 625x404px) Image search: [Google]
hpxjcfc.jpg
196KB, 625x404px
>>16077755
I really wish there was more Elona fan art.
>>
File: 44871344_p11.jpg (239KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
44871344_p11.jpg
239KB, 800x800px
>>16078084
Start drawing.
>>
Dual wield guns when? It makes sense from a logical point , but i guess it would be too broken with the bullets effects.
>>
Is there an easy way to get coffins?
I want to try out Necromancy but the vendors very rarely sell them.
>>
>>16078168
My farmer lives in Yowyn and the cargo merchant costantly sells coffins there
>>
File: 54SqSfl.jpg (202KB, 420x688px) Image search: [Google]
54SqSfl.jpg
202KB, 420x688px
>>16078098
Huh. I have actually never seen this one. Is there a collection of his art besides what is on safebooru?
>>
File: 44871344_p12.jpg (127KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
44871344_p12.jpg
127KB, 600x600px
>>16078177
There was his pixiv account. Was.
>>
File: 1475647497797.jpg (124KB, 800x350px) Image search: [Google]
1475647497797.jpg
124KB, 800x350px
>>16078181
Yeah... I got into Elona and his art after he and his account were long gone.
>>
File: BestWeapon.jpg (166KB, 1284x772px) Image search: [Google]
BestWeapon.jpg
166KB, 1284x772px
This patch certainly had some interesting things in it.

>Fixed using love potions with Alchemical Rain dripping hot wax from Candle of Luluwy on to targets.

Definitely bad news for me or anyone using spirits to farm Hero Cheese or Magic Fruit. Guess I'm locked out of farming them for the time being with Kai. I at least know what skill skill I'll be raising after I cap tactics. That skill being performing. Once I get that skill high enough it will be business as usual.

Speaking of tactics, I finally got around to picking up the 4rth god reward, the Sasumata, from Jure.I'm a bit surprised this weapon isn't as hyped as it is. It's the best weapon for training a couple of essential melee skills because the weapon does a whopping 0 damage. That means you can bash on one single enemy forever and raise the polearm skill, eye of mind, evasion, greater evasion, and tactics. Although at my level of tactics the only thing giving me skill ups are gauge attacks but building up gauge isn't a problem with that weapon. Finally found the weapon that will ease my grind to cap tactics.

Now that I've had some time to play around with this weapon, I'm now under the impression that a two hand polearm character is probably the easiest character to build and bring up in power.

>Gravity Accel
>Giga Gravitation
>Graviton Buster

Played around with the gravity attacks and there might be some potential here. Gravity Accel gives some decent buffs and eventually you learn Gravity Sphere as an attack which scales off of constitution. It costs 5sp, fairly cheap, and was doing around 20-30k damage in the void on floor 600 or so.

Giga Gravitation is a costly attack, takes a lot of mp and a bit of sp I think, but probably the most interesting. Its damage range is supposed to be all visible targets but I could of sworn I was hitting targets I couldn't see. So maybe it's kind of like meteor in that regards.Not only that but its damage increases the more you spam it. I was doing 30k damage in the end to all targets around me. Giga Gravitation scales off constitution and magic capacity. My magic capacity is only at around lv 300 so I'm left wondering what the damage is like if I actually leveled magic capacity seriously.

Gravitation Buster is a nice attack. It's a gauge attack that triggers off of Gravity Sphere and acts like a breath attack. I was able to do 150k+ damage to a handful of enemies all at once. Very nice considering again, void enemies.

A gravity character would be an interesting range option for a melee character that doesn't like spell stocks or for some reason doesn't want to use magic.
>>
>>16078570
>A gravity character would be an interesting range option for a melee character that doesn't like spell stocks or for some reason doesn't want to use magic.

You have just given me a reason to update considering I am doing a melee no magic RP build. My plan was just to just use rods and my breath attack for ranged damage, but this sounds fun.
>>
>>16078168
Pickpocket them.

>>16078161
I've never used those. They were kinda useless for me.
>>
>>16078570
Sasumata is weird for me. I was hyped to use it, but I never got any experience for hitting things with it for some reason.
>>
>>16077755

How about we update the mods pastebin once ElonaCustom 1.63 comes out? In particular, adding all the local content from the past few threads.
>>
>>16079264
Was able to raise all the skills I mentioned with the spear. There might be a couple of reasons why someone might not get any skill exp.

The first reason could be potential. Anything below 200 really is bad and might be a reason why your gains are slow or nonexistent. At the very high levels of skill you either keep your potential at 300 or higher or you're not going to gain anything. Regardless, keep your potential high as best you can or you won't be leveling stuff efficiently.

Also, depending on the skill you're leveling there might be factors at play that are keeping you from increasing in skill. For instance, any weapon skill, such as polearm, long sword, etc, will not level if you're not attacking enemies with high enough evasion. If your gains have slowed down or have stopped all together that may be a sign that you need to find stronger enemies to fight(which usually have higher evasion).

For tactics, once you reach around 790ish skill, nothing increases that skill except gauge attacks. Also, using a gauge attack with the spear itself doesn't count towards training tactics. You actually need to do damage. So what I do is build gauge with the spear, trigger gauge attack special action(I have it hotkeyed), and throw the sock I have in my shoot slot. Throw based weapons use tactics instead of marksman so that's why I have that setup.

Eye of Mind only increases if you crit and there may be other factors for Evasion, Greater Evasion, Healing, etc. I would consult this google doc for technical info about leveling various skills.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p3S16qPZFSdZdQoVF8hjsZf7ovS6H-cpjmSaH2qZn6I/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

I'd turn on skill tracking if you haven't already to see if you're truly not gaining anything.
>>
>>16079576
I only had about 300 or so Tactics level when I used it, around 300-400% potential. Skill points went up very very rarely. Perhaps the strength of enemies ties into it. I was fighting very weak enemies, once I stopped chipping them and started killing them normally, I got points again.
>>
File: 1477793066553.gif (843KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
1477793066553.gif
843KB, 500x487px
>Update my game
>Suddenly I have a profile
>It says that my body odor is worrisome
>>
>>16080073
it's probably all those unidentified corpses you ate anon. You're what you eat after all
>>
Do i have to put enough tracks in order for custom music to work ?
>>
File: shrug chen.png (45KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
shrug chen.png
45KB, 554x439px
>>16080073
>I am a Maid, kicked out of home due to a controversy, who still longs for a master
>NPCs comment about how I'm constantly eating/gifting cooked human flesh.
They can't appreciate my art.
>>
>>16081567
Are you sure you didnt eat you master ?
>>
>>16078084
The stuff that's out there is really good though.
>>
File: bloodress.png (169KB, 668x854px) Image search: [Google]
bloodress.png
169KB, 668x854px
>>16078084
ive drawn 2 elona related fan art in /v/
>>
The wiki says that in Elona+ scrolls of flying dont reduce PV and damage bonus , doesnt that mean that Fairies dont have a real drawback in the game ?
>>
>>16082975
you say that like flying scrolls are so easily obtained
>>
>>16082975
AP is a bit harder to get
2H will suck more since crits dmg is based on weapon weight
You can't get medium and heavy armor special actions.
And unless you are doing a NG+ you'll have a way worse gear than any other race until very late.

>>16082997
You get them regularly with high level shops, not enough to use them without thinking tho. I wouldn't say its the main drawback.
>>
How do I use dupli-cane? I have a character originally on 1.6.1 and just reached 30 alchemy, but in the (a)ction menu it wasn't present. I then updated to 1.6.3 trying to fix it, but it still wasn't present.
>>
>>16083727
If you meet the skill requirement then the next thing you need to do is level up. The level up message will include that you learned dupli-cane.
>>
>>16083781
Thanks, that makes sense.
>>
>>16083094
>2H will suck more since crits dmg is based on weapon weight
That's unfair for dual wield since it limits the weapon weight dammit
>>
>>16084126
Only works for 2H i believe and its really not a big boost.
>>
>>16084219
According to the wiki comments the difference between 380 vs 1.5 weapon weight is about 3.0 damage multiplier
Doesnt seem that low of a boost if you ask me
>>
>>16078570
Do i need to have particular feats to use the gravity stuff?
>>
Does anyone else get #Error 1 -->内部エラーが発生しました(1) ? I get it often enough , more than once it broke my character creation and sometimes it pops during the quest initial dialogue.
>>
File: 6OUWSnK.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
6OUWSnK.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>16084608
According to the change logs the gravity abilities replace the toughness feats.
>>
Anyone in the thread use the defender pet?

I have been using him mainly for his healing/lay on hands so I gave him Jure's lance for extra healing rain chance.

I was curious if he would be more useful 2 handing the lance or if I should use flight scrolls on the lance and give him a shield as well for shield bash.
>>
File: 1429741822717.png (118KB, 582x475px) Image search: [Google]
1429741822717.png
118KB, 582x475px
I tried to get into this, I got killed and robbed and kept on dying so I gave up.
>>
>>16085533
Don't give up!
Never give up!
You'll figure it out!

Yes early game is very difficult and a bit unforgiving. As is most the Roguelike genre. Did you get your first pet?
>>
>>16085533
Your first character is almost guaranteed to go poorly unless if you're reading a guide for everything. Most of your deaths and mishaps will come from not knowing what to do or what not do to.

Try making a second character, most of the troubles you had will be gone with your experience on the first play through.
>>
>>16084126
>>16084379
Not the anon you've been talking to but two hand needs all the damage multipliers it can get to keep pace with dual wield. When dual wielders can get up to 8 attacks with weapons loaded with invokes two hand wielders rely on their extra damage multiplier to make up for it because they only can get up to 4 attacks.
>>
>>16085714
This makes it sound fair i guess
>>
>>16085475
Shield builds have usually taken a back seat to two hand builds due to the nature of damage in the game. There isn't a way to become this indomitable wall where you take practically no damage. Instead, all the PV and DV that most players get just allows their characters to shave some damage off or every now and then avoid damage.(not 100% though) Due to this, players look to killing their targets as soon as possible so damage against them ceases.

I'd normally recommend two hand but there has been a new special action introduced for shield builds called shield parry.The wiki says, "If target evades, it gains 2 turns of stagger/Invert, taking more damage." No idea if that damage boost is significant though.
>>
>>16085475
The defender is winning match after match? Am i reading the image correctly?

Also, is there more of the Exile? I think i've seen pretty much all the god pets except the Android and, until now, the exile
>>
File: lifeinnoyel.png (66KB, 1782x78px) Image search: [Google]
lifeinnoyel.png
66KB, 1782x78px
>>
File: VittCUW.jpg (93KB, 849x382px) Image search: [Google]
VittCUW.jpg
93KB, 849x382px
>>16085866
Didn't know about the knew shield ability. That makes me want to at least try outfitting my defender for shield a bit more honestly.

Dumb question, but is the base defender ai capable of using the shield skills in the first place? I know custom ai will disable lay on hands.

>>16085949
Yeah, the defender is winning. As for exile art there are a couple of pieces with him included, but only 1 where he is in center focus. In fact the minotaur pic in this thread has him as well.

Android is only in one piece of art I know of.
>>
>>16086342
Don't know if the normal AI uses anything beyond its default abilities unless you get stuff from Leold. You probably need Custom to get it to use it. Hopefully it will appear under the list but if it doesn't I guess the player can learn it and eventually teach it to the pet.
>>
File: 33758905_p7.jpg (410KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
33758905_p7.jpg
410KB, 840x525px
>>16085949
>>
File: 1472169133559.jpg (765KB, 1800x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1472169133559.jpg
765KB, 1800x2100px
>>16086743
Ah, I was a bit worried about that. I've heard that using non default ai routines for god pets removes their special abilities like Exile multi casting and Defender lay on hands.
>>
>>16086850
That's only with Leold AI changes, Custom preserve them.
>>
>>16086850
>>16087255
Custom AI doesn't affect lay hands or multicasting. Multicast only works on dart spells though.

Lay Hands is not actually a special action, it's a unique trait that triggers when an ally drops below 0 hp. That's why it can't be set in the AI - it's not actually a spell or special action.
>>
File: DG260V9.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DG260V9.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>16087255
>>16087503
Huh. Guess I misunderstood what I read or confused custom ai for the Leold changes. Thanks for the clarification!
>>
Does anyone else experience
#Error 1
-> Internal error occurred (1) ? I'm playing on windows 8 with elona+ 1.61 and elona custom 1.61. I tried changing compatibility mode but it doesnt resolve anything. The error mostly happens when i choose adventure mode during character creation or during the game at random times
>>
>>16086228
I can only hope Elin will preserve the batshit insanity.
>>
>>16087683
Has there been any more information released about it other than the 2 trailers released already?
>>
I've been looking for a few days now and checked the pastebins (including /rlg/), but can't find what I'm looking for so I'll ask here.

Are there any art packs or places where I can get images for a companion's atmosphere/evochat art? Not looking for any in particular, but only two I have is a foxgirl and a speech bubble.

Sorry in advance if its obvious, there is a chance I'm both retarded and blind
>>
Thoughts on best overall ranged weapon type?
Laser pistol has the best modifiers, I've been interested in sniper rifles but 0% pierce along with 1dXX have made me hesitant.
>>
>>16089632
None as far as I'm aware. You need to create your own.

>>16089731
Not sure if there's any reason to debate weapon type with firearms. When you get a static artifact gun that does 1d138 you don't care what weapon type it is. You just accept its weapon type and get used to its quirks. It's not like I'm going to trade down to some 1d20 laser pistol or something just because a monster isn't in the preferred range square of my 1d138 cannon.
>>
>>16089797
>1d138
What?
How? Where?
>>
>>16089817
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/N97_Cannon
>>
>>16089731
If nothing else the decapitation chance on them is nice. But as the other anon said, if the damage is good on a fire arm just roll with it.
>>
>>16089731
"It enhances your throw rock" adds a flat .5 to the throwing modifier. Meaning 10 becomes 15. This is before all other buffs and shit. It's worth thinking about.
>>
>>16087632
Something you installed with the game might be at fault.
>>
File: 1426273898925.jpg (246KB, 528x800px) Image search: [Google]
1426273898925.jpg
246KB, 528x800px
im sorry for the random question does this game run on computers that r un wi ndows 98 please
>>
>>16090988
Finished Mani, now with Lulvy.
Got Pascal and sent him to the dojo, gene'd Murder Knight away (might have been a big mistake but oh well)

Still wondering wether i want to eventually pick up the Defender from the dojo to replace the Fairy or go with a 4-pet squad. The Exile and the Little Girl are there to stay but i'm considering removing the Little Girl and use a Golden Knight when i'll switch to Opatos.

I guess the Fairy's usefulness will taper off when i'll get Kumiromi's Statue+Scissors but i'm not sure if replace her with a Golden Goose (for the platinum) or the Black Cat (for the better equipment drops).

Decisions, decisions, decisions, in the meantime doing hunting quests for platinum to mass level up my spells. Hope i can give all my permanent pets at least Cure of Jua and then have some of them specializing in debuffing the enemy.

The limit on both pet count (since those in ranches or shops count toward the limit) and the slots in EC's custom AI are starting to become a hassle.
>>
>>16091188
Didn't meant to quote
>>
where is the best way to get crafting materials? (via searching spots)
>>
>>16091188
blackcat for stats on equipment is worthless
what you do is find a good artifact, trade this artifact you want to enhance to an adventurer then make the cat kill the adventurer

you dont need the cat trained or with you all the time for that
>>
>>16091559
Looking at the wiki it seems pretty random (relying on duel gloves an lots and lots of savescumming in hope it gets a good enchantment), the fact it can only do that once per piece of equipment is bad too.

So i suppose the roster will be something like:
Black Angel for ranged and debuffing due to having lots of speed boosts abilities once evolved, that or riding
Exile flinging spells
Either Golden Knight or Android for tanking (android might be better since it has the flag that reduce physical damage by 75%, have it learn attribution shield and give it lot of resist and should be a stone wall)
Defender for secondary tanking and medic duty, give it holy lance so it triggers holy rain

How does it look?
>>
>>16091745
Defender's lay hand will probably be wasted on your pets. For a big party a debuffer/buffer might be good (like necromancy's dolls).

Except rare cases (like defender in inferno) the only thing that matters in the end is if you like the pet or not. The rest is minimal.
>>
>>16091820
If it serves to save something then it's not wasted.
And i'm using Custom so i can teach spells to my pets anyway.
>>
So say I want to play a more support based PC, and focus mainly on healing/buffing my pets instead of actually fighting on my own.
The healing priest archetype. Like that random event priest which gives you hex protection.
Obviously I'd go for Healing Hands/Touch, Healing Rain, Cheer, and the Priest class, but what after that? It seems like most of the healing/support skills in the game are only self-target?

This is after playing a nuke mage and feeling guilty having my pets sacrifice themselves so I can deal fuckhuge damage for laughs (Spam of charge power, magic equips, stacking magic boost gear pets basically ferrying me around and taking shots while I charge and crystal spear to OHKO dungeon bosses, etc.)
>>
File: ranch.png (428KB, 802x627px) Image search: [Google]
ranch.png
428KB, 802x627px
Am I missing something or is there a way to set more than one pet to stay at a ranch?
>>
>>16092092
You just need one pet for breeding.
However 1 ranch=1 pet
>>
>>16092114
Well fuck. There goes my idea of leaving all my sisters that I've gained over time there.
>>
>>16091348
There isn't one. Any random dungeon will do.
>>
File: 10030509_p0.jpg (223KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
10030509_p0.jpg
223KB, 700x600px
>>16091188
>Master is thinking of replacing me with the Golden Knight...it's obvious the Golden Knight needs to go...
>>
>>16092274
if you are too lazy to do dungeons there is also blessed scrolls of gain material
>>
>>16092295
would be glorious if npc you ditch could stalk you and set fire to your house or something
>>
>>16092343
Blessed be the gene machine then.
>>
>>16091887
Find a Taktstock and use it. It will increase all your pets gauges each time your character uses it. Pretty much you become a conductor of destruction as you drive your pets into a frenzy to destroy the enemy. Had fun watching my pet Saya spam gauge attacks and rip everything apart in a dungeon with her bare hands.Vanquish Hex or a first aid kit might be used to remove hexes or bad status effects. Haven't tried it myself but wouldn't the right potions and alchemy rain allow you to buff your pets? Also might want to look into some of those team based special actions like Over-Ray, Shadow Rush, etc.
>>
File: bobbleheadcharacter.png (1MB, 1584x1488px) Image search: [Google]
bobbleheadcharacter.png
1MB, 1584x1488px
Put together a bobble headed spritesheet for the 1.63 version along with the gods' respective statues in the itemsheet.

Also did the same for the girl and alternative monster sheets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4c8zjw4xa6ckbfl/bobbleheadcharacter.bmp?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfxe2r8470lndn9/uguucharacter2.bmp?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5c6itqac5x2j6x/edgycharacter2.bmp?dl=1
>>
File: bobbleitem.png (856KB, 1584x1632px) Image search: [Google]
bobbleitem.png
856KB, 1584x1632px
>>16092761

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2ucvfqdgcxlr6k/bobbleitem.bmp?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sttuv3n4rhlyq65/uguuitem.bmp?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/has1ofp9nalkju6/edgyitem.bmp?dl=1
>>
>>16092767
>>16092761
mimic and stairs are not consistent (i understand those are supposed to be used together)

does bobblehead only reference to the style with a relatively big head or does it come from a game/artist ?
>>
>>16092869

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iop4f3vqbgyoerg/bobbleheadcharacter.bmp?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3im450dxmsmhypi/uguuitem.bmp?dl=1

Alright, fixed the mimics to match the items in the bobble item sheet, and also a little something I noticed in the uguuitem sheet.

On the term bobblehead I have no idea, I always used to think it referred to those nodders they base on sports stars.
>>
File: Unit.png (434KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Unit.png
434KB, 800x600px
The fact that Yerleswood can spawn in squads of 20 is news to me.
>>
>>16094978
Kill them Anon
Kill them all
>>
File: 1472178475963.jpg (402KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472178475963.jpg
402KB, 800x800px
Ok, I've finally lifted myself up from being a cave dwelling peasant to a guy with a shop and shack.

I was a bit curious on what kind of shop is better in the long run. I captured a thieves guild member for a shop keeper, and plan to either make a general store or food store.

Does the ability to sell everything even match up to being able to sell food for double it's value? Or should I stick to just selling food?
>>
>>16095234
If you're dedicated to selling food only then it's worth.

However as you get into the endgame, a magic shop might be better.
Plant magic seeds, put into shop everything that is not a rod of wishing, get rods of wishing from the shop as needed.

At least that's what our resident Kai "Grind it to the limit" Son of the Chosen One says
>>
>>16089843
>Invokes shining wave

What the fuck

Mind you, it'll take so god damn long to actually get that thing.
>>
What is the best way to increase learning for a pet? I have most my pets set up with custom ai, but my defender only has 3 slots.
>>
>>16096191
Lotsa speelbooks and Reading Group Wide Action
>>
Do you guys play on inferno to get the real roguelike experience
>>
>>16098143
Nope, I play on average for fun.
>>
>>16098198
Coward
>>
>>16098203
Takes too long to start a new character. Maybe once I finish with the one I'm playing I"ll try a run.
>>
File: 1443225471617.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1443225471617.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>16098214
>Finish
>Elona
>>
>>16098293
You know. Inner gods and all the panties in the world.
>>
So, does age actually affect anything in this game? Like if I play too long will my Juere Warrior just keel over from old age?

Or is it just a bit of fluff with no purpose?
>>
>>16098340
Roleplaying purposes. I accidentally ate a aging lunch and I'm 226 now.
>>
>>16098351
Alright. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to prepare for critical existence failure just from aging.

Is nice it does add a bit of flavor for role play characters though.
>>
>>16098143
I'm playing on Inferno now with a martial artist/mage character but previously played on advancing with a gunner/mage. I'm so glad I played on advancing first. Got to make my mistakes in advancing mode and apply what I learned to my Inferno run. While I consider my Inferno character my main now, it's nice having a safety net of sorts with an advancing character. If for some reason you die in Inferno, you always have your advancing character to go back to.
>>
>>16098143
is getting penalized for random crashing part of the real roguelike experience
>>
>>16099375
Unless the game formats your hard drive as punishment you're not getting the real roguelike experience.
>>
>>16099375
i make regular back ups of my file when playing on inferno, like every hour or when i finish grinding something

if you die ? you have a backup and its a battle of will, got over it after a few times
Cant get over it ? well its a game and noone will know
>>
>>16099375
Sometimes
>>
Has there been any updates by the anon that was playing inferno mode as a horse?
>>
Why do tips on dealing with anorexia mention going to the snow town and sleeping a lot and avoiding vomiting and shit if you are dead 10 seconds after you get it?
>>
>>16099375
I've never had Elona crash over 600 hours of play, have you been having crash issues? What seems to cause them?
>>
>>16099898
Pretty sure he went through all of Lost Irva, or at least all that was possible at the time. He's also gone. Dicks will never return.
>>
>>16100335
Not him, but I've had fairly random crashes starting a new character in Elona+ 1.62 and up.
The error reads "error1(moonrunes here)" and that's basically it. No crash log, or anything. And it happens usually when speaking with NPCs in towns, or pulling up a dialog to accept a bulletin board quest.
>>
>>16100335
It can crash if you sometimes used preaching, even by accident.

I've also had my PC crash before
>>
>>16099951
You can't hold down anything solid but drinking things such as potions allow you to not starve to death. The reason why they tell you to go to Noyel is because you can actually quaff snow which I guess they treat as just water. It's possible to survive then until that status goes away.
>>
Can magic crit ? i would regret starting a mage character and avoid picking eye of mind as the extra skill just to discover it can happen.
>>
>>16101232
Spells do not crit. There are modifiers to spell damage though. They can get a damage multiplier of up to x2 through "it enhances your spells" enchants found on gear. Think a couple of special actions like charge attack can also add to their damage.
>>
Is there a list of feats anywhere?

I have discovered that the second feat that was translated as "Sexy Dance" in the English translation IS, in fact, exactly that, and not a charisma-boosting feat that the wiki lists in its place. So now I have a feat that doesn't go past level 1, does nothing to my charisma, and does nothing whatsoever as far as I'm concerned, since it just says that my dance is very pretty both on the list of feats you can select and on the list of your active ones.

The word "舞踏" doesn't even appear on any of the pages Google gives me.
>>
>>16101354
Oh, never mind, I just found out about "wide actions" that I never knew existed.
>>
>>16101354
Don't know. There are feat lists on the wiki however they're outdated. Ano has stated that his goal is to replace most of the attribute bonus related feats with ones that grant a special action instead. The patches that have come down seem to have been changing feats thus far so maybe the goal is to wait for the dust to settle before anything gets updated on the wiki?

Well regardless, why the sexy dance hate? It's a nice feat that leads into fascination dance which is great for party time quests. Instead of using your performing skill it uses charisma vs the targets will. It also takes less turns to do than performing and also awards more points than performing. Only thing bad is that you don't get as much gold and no items from using it in comparison to performing.
>>
File: mumotummo.png (42KB, 409x661px) Image search: [Google]
mumotummo.png
42KB, 409x661px
im working on grinding my second set of pets

how does one exactly farm for AP effectively for your pets?
brought them to the lowest part of the void and i dont think theyre gaining any ap at all

also are there any pets to look for that can cast party buffs?
i currently have cheer from littler girl and lazy older sis
i know theres plat song from my goose but i dont have a god heart for her yet
>>
>>16101537
>lowest part of the void
How low are we talking about? If you're not getting any AP you need to go even deeper into the void.
>>
Damn, I just realized you can't have sex with NPCs over and over again now. How am I supposed to get quick money like this?
>>
>>16101634
Oh, never mind, I was just being stupid.
>>
>>16101572
im working around the 1-5 floors

it takes a long while for them to kill anything and theyre
ill probably just pool a few ally scrolls and GE in so they get a little bit more stats

does your pets' spells level up like yours?
>>
So in all my hours of playing Elona I've never spent the skill points you get when leveling. Is it effective to hoard them for later or are the gains not worth it?
>>
>>16101639
Enjoy your STDs
>>
>>16101658
i hit 100+ on my marksman without putting points into it

youre better off pooling them points into performer or some other skill that is relatively tedious to grind like gene engineer, fishing, or swimming
>>
>>16101722
No need to worry about my dick, I buy stacks of minor potions and bless them with the money I gain from prostitution.
>>
File: tactics.jpg (165KB, 1281x770px) Image search: [Google]
tactics.jpg
165KB, 1281x770px
Definitely going to cap tactics with that Jure 4th god reward spear. Only 200 points away now. Probably will become a capable spear user in the process as well. Thinking that when I get back to doing my wonder scroll farming that I should just buy all the spell books I see and dump them in my magic shop. The magic shop is becoming a lottery machine. Dump rods from my farms in the shop in hope for rod of wishing and now dumping spellbooks in the shop for chance of spellbooks of wish. At least, I hope the spellbooks of wish thing works. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

>>16101642
Pet spell mechanics are different than the player. Pets don't use spell stock and the power of their spell revolves around their casting skill and magic attribute.

If you can kill things down in the void yet your pets are having a hard time you can try to soften up your foes and then have your pet sweep in for the kill. AP is given to the person who deals the final blow. While slow, tagging your pet to your character and killing things for your pet can give them AP. It's a good way to jumpstart their AP generation but once they're strong enough to survive on their own I wouldn't tag with them anymore.

>>16101658
I spend my points as soon as I get them. I do agree with what another anon has said that there are probably some skills that you should spend those points on over others. Definitely spend the points on harder to raise skills.
>>
File: crab maids.png (398KB, 810x630px) Image search: [Google]
crab maids.png
398KB, 810x630px
Now understand the pain of those who see crabs and performaids.
>>
>>16101917
There may come a day where a monster has the complete package and can teleport you, and everything else, to them while summoning more monsters to do you in. I shudder at the thought of the ultimate summoner monster.
>>
Okay, I've already asked this before, but literally how do you survive more than a microsecond after getting anorexia?
>>
>>16102194
>>16100906
>>
when do i get spell books for waterball?

these fucking pumpkins are goddamn annoying
>>
>>16102207
Last time I got it, I've eaten all the potions I had, which let me go halfway to the dungeon's stairs instead of dropping on the spot. What is the meta number of potions one should carry for an anorexia emergency?
>>
>>16102224
The potions, or any liquid you can drink such as the milk from ranches etc, are supposed to buy you time to use a return scroll or spell to get you to town. You then can rush to the vendors to buy more potions, drink from wells, or try your luck and eat the stuff offered when you talk to the inn keeper. Once you're full enough you make the trek to Noyel or just go out in the wilderness with snow, gather the snow, and quaff snow. Then you just spend days hoping the status goes away.

Anorexia is something you can completely avoid so there is no need for preparations. When you're bloated don't dare drink anything or you'll probably throw up and run the risk of getting anorexia. Wait until you're hungry or you have no food related status to drink potions. If you're quaffing things like a madman slow your roll and pace yourself.
>>
>>16102220
The spellbook for waterball/bubble storm does not exist. There is a spellbook for water bolt though. You're better off getting some kind of static artifact that can see invisibility such as the Sage Helmet, Lucky Dagger, or Yacatect's god reward weapon.
>>
>>16102224
Go to a hunting quest and then die. You won't lose anything but the anorexia.
>>
>300k gold sitting on one of my pets
>barely using it to train her skills

so does speed have to do anything with this?
i have 200 speed on my zombie girl and she buys training WAY more frequently than my littler girl who has 99 speed

how do i resolve this?
just grab a fuckton of books and read through it?
>>
File: SpeedTraining.jpg (967KB, 1285x1539px) Image search: [Google]
SpeedTraining.jpg
967KB, 1285x1539px
>>16102846
Most likely it's speed playing a huge role. If you have an understanding about how speed works in the game you can use it to manipulate stuff in the game. For instance, how does someone who has 2000 speed look to the person who has 40 speed? Well as the 40 speed person by the time you take one action said 2000 person has probably have taken a billion actions. An exaggeration but you get my point. In my pic I have my pet Saya that has a lot of speed. My character's speed is 2183. By mounting a horribly slow creature such as a snail, I bring my speed down to 27. All I had to do was take one turn to rest and Saya visited her trainer many times in that span of time.
>>
>>16102094
That's what MP breath/Mana Burst is for
>>
>>16102921
i didnt bother with a snail but i did get a lvl 1 little sister from killing a big daddy and just rode it and got my speed down to 74

thansk
>>
How is world travel speed determined? Are the league boots the only way to move faster or can i just pump my speed?
>>
>>16103898
influenced by speed to a minor point , and also traveling with atleast 100 travel you start seeing less time consumed with each step
>>
>>16102599

Actually, you lose will and charisma, but that is a small price to pay and much preferable to dying for reals to anorexia.
>>
>>16102094
Maybe I should create the ultimate nightmare cNPC using the performaid crab sprite I crappily made, though I doubt very many would appreciate it.
>>
>>16104441
Don't even think about it.
>>
>>16104441
I personally welcome any cNPC creation. It's not like anyone is forced to download anything but I think it's great that the option is there to add a bit more spice to the game. I'm sure there are people willing to rise up to the challenge. Assuming that one day a library of cNPCs exist for download, I look forward to the day someone makes a download bundle and some random anon, without reading the readme, downloads said bundle and unleashes unspeakable horrors into their game. It will be fun seeing people relate to Mia and her tru-bulls.
>>
File: 002_-_Panicking.jpg (9KB, 185x183px) Image search: [Google]
002_-_Panicking.jpg
9KB, 185x183px
>>16104441
Surely even the gods fear the crab.
>>
>>16104574
I heard in an ancient tale the a Perforcrab managed to pull the inner gods.
>>
File: Snails.png (26KB, 665x60px) Image search: [Google]
Snails.png
26KB, 665x60px
Snails, not even once.
>>
How often do vendors restock? This is the fifth time I have enough money to buy a house deed, and I don't want to die again waiting for it.
>>
>>16104659
About 3 in-game days.
>>
>>16104659
I've been seeing a restock counter when I talk to them. Not sure if it's a normal feature or a custom one.
>>
>>16104496
>>16104511
>>16104574
Glad to see everyone's interested in the idea!

I'm not exactly an expert at creating cNPCs, so there's a couple of questions and issues I have before I can unleash the greatest terror Irva has ever seen.

1) Summon monsters or summon chaos, which is better? The peformaid pinchief wiki says she uses summon chaos, but it seems a bit naff if all it does is summon chaos spirits. I'm just worried summon monsters will only bring cats and little girls, and that's hardly terrifying.

2) Is there a way to get it to perform specific AI tactics? I imagined it spamming multiple gather to attract you, and then start spamming summons and dangerous actions when you're close. But it doesn't seem like I can do this in the .txt file.

3) Do enemies need gauge to perform shadow rush? If it doesn't this means the crab can get alot more dangerous.
>>
>>16104931
1) Chaos spirits have enough to be scared of in their own right, but no, summon monsters will bring in monsters scaling to the summoner's level. So your choice really, depending on what kinda flavor you want. Just note summon monsters can summon neutrals and passive allied mobs too.

2) Afaik, no. AI when it comes to skills is literally % chance to cast X skill, usually in combat.

3) No.
>>
Why do shepherd dogs wield maces and cast combat magic?
>>
>>16105082
You mean your dog doesn't?
>>
>>16104984
>AI when it comes to skills is literally % chance to cast X skill, usually in combat.
IIRC there is one monster that when under 50% health keeps using Healing Rain 100% of the times.

It was in the recommended pets list, maybe you can build off that
>>
Alright. I've created a pretty basic first attempt. There are two different versions, the only difference is one of them splits, so that should be fun.

I have not personally done much testing, other than seeing it knows the proper spells/actions. So I have no idea if it's satan incarnate or a pushover that spouts 10 year old memes.

Please be careful.
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/x3gn85k265iaatj/Perfomaid_Crab_cNPC.zip
>>
>Start the game
>Rain
>Heavy rain
>You're blind
>Bandit ambush
>You're dead
Life in Irva is suffering
>>
>>16100845
i had the same problem with 1.61
Since i started using 1.63 i never had it again , but i dont know for sure if it was elona+ problem or elona custom problem since i stopped using custom also
>>
>>16107123
If you were blind were the bandits blind too? I'm trying to imagine what the fight could of looked like. Or maybe the bandits were smart like, "Yarr, we be mugging people in the storm since they'll be blind but we have these special goggles!"
>>
>>16107263
You get blindness only if you travel in the world map, not in the specific "battlefield".

Also, Aurora rings
>>
>>16107277
So those bandits had Aurora rings! Seems like they're moving up in the world due to all the people they mug.
>>
The pastebin still didn't update the info on my Ghibli MP3 pack. The link there is dead, here are some new links:

1.0 (The original version that is now down):
https://mega.nz/#!oxRjFBLI!OhUvX4Vsg7e7BpBHT7hxbs4VU1pSzRz9bKLcBrnMCkY

2.0 (A new version I made with more fitting songs IMO):
https://mega.nz/#!I84TkAqT!ERpEpU2YP6A_G4zR8QwXh4FiYBTM6hxs-TbS0TBRcIg
>>
the game doesnt seem to be printing anything on my art.log

and i just had the minigun drop on my twice yesterday

i just wanna check double check because i apparently an oracle scroll told missed the griffon twin pistols from a dungeon i just cleared and i cannot find it
>>
>>16107527
When you read an oracle scroll, the game reads your art.log AND erases it.
>>
>>16107553
aww

does that mean should really never use oracle scrolls?
>>
>>16107563
Read it every now and then.
Dungeon floor? Read it.
City with adventurers? Read it.
>>
>>16107570
whats the point if it just deletes my art log?

i could just peek at my art.log very dungeon floor i clear
>>
>>16107579
That's cheating tho.
>>
>>16107590
But it works, right?
>>
>>16107299

Come endgame, and bandits are strong enough to take on gods; it makes you wonder why they don't just capture Palmia (especially with the King dead and without a heir) and rule it themselves.
>>
Any news on the new game Noa is working on?
>>
>>16107892
We'll have colonized mars and get AI to replace every single job before Noa released their game.
>>
>>16107905
i come from the future and this is untrue
>>
I dont know if i should be mad at RNG or not. Ever since i started my martial artist fairy i pop a new mutation every other night , it's crazy.
>>
>>16108475

Get your fairy hat ASAP.
>>
File: Ol-Moran.png (344KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ol-Moran.png
344KB, 800x600px
Greetings ladies and gentlmen, I come to you with my latest project underway; the modern city of Ol-Moran!

>Background:

>Constructed as a city of pleasure in emulation of its heavenly counterpart in Lost Irva, the city of Ol-Moran is notable for the fact that its roads are purposely built far wider in order to accommodate automobile traffic, like the modern cities of Yerles and Zanan. Though a typical settlement in those regions, it dwarfs even Palmia in comparison to the other cities of Tyris. It is said that the Goddess of Wealth herself was involved in its design, and it shares several features with its sister city including a generous casino and theater, as well as a unique building that doubles as both a guard house and town hall. Enchanted suits of armor serve as the city's police, said to be the goddess's basic footsoldiers of Irva.

And now, for some potentially useful information I have found regarding the new content, as well as stuff I learned by messing around with the map editor:

>Rockets, and by extension the Panzerfaust-X have been heavily nerfed: no longer will they reliably destroy tanks (behicles) in a single blow, even those with a x17 weakness like the Yerles MBT. It is unknown if the new Xeren Auto Tank and Konigs katze possess the cArmor tag, but given the latter's ability to fire armor piercing rockets it is assumed "yes" (as there are no equivalent-level monsters for the tank to use the rocket on but itself!)

>As mentioned, the Xeren Auto Tank is for most intents and purposes identical to the Yerles Scout Tank, possessing the same statistics, lower resistances, but also a lack of sound weakness.

>The maximum amount of entities that can be on a map at any one time is 244 including the player - most maps have a lower cap in order to accommodate pets, but this is the hard limit.

>For map making, there is a hard limit of items that can be included in the map's basic manifest, including doors and NPCs: the game normally gets around this by spawning NPCs on the map as a separate function after generation, with map-placed NPCs normally regaled to quest maps.

>The Xeren Human-type Tank evolved from Xeren Electric Tanks carries over from 1.62 to 1.63. Those waiting on Custom 1.63 who care to have this pet, evolve your tank before updating! Both the Blade and Blade Alpha evolve using Machine Hearts now, and not Another Heart like stated in the Wiki.

And now, for those who missed them (as well as for the OP to eventually include into the pastebin), my earlier creations:

>CNPC Pack 1.2 (Req. 1.62 or higher) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/kd6dym5txs445bo
>Blades Inc. (Level 40 Adventure) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/u31fi1a1i0bhmzd
>Melugas Airfield (Level 120 Adventure) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/avghxk81eo9bge9

Note that the bestiary description in the CNPC pack is outdated in regards to tanks: again, they will no longer be 1HKOed by rockets.
>>
File: LEARN FASTER YOU FUCKS!.jpg (307KB, 803x626px) Image search: [Google]
LEARN FASTER YOU FUCKS!.jpg
307KB, 803x626px
>>
>>16108947
I was teaching one of mine shadow step and uncontroll yesterday. I just holded S and watched some stuff.
>>
>>16108956
And i'm teaching them Cure of Jua and assorted buffs
>>
>>16108961
>>16108956
Is there something to uncap the game speed?
>>
>>16108965
I don't think so, but hey, I'm no master at elona.
>>
>>16108965
Disable all animations, fancy effects and run the game windowed at the lowest resolution.
>>
Is there any way to stop a pet from suicidally charging at things that they shouldn't be able to even see, because they are on the other side of the map?
>>
>>16109051
you need 10 cha atleast to change their behavior trough an action
>>
>>16108947
wat are you doing to your pets mang?
>>
How much of the game is untranslated? Wiki says the southern continent has some missing stuff.
Do I gain a lot of I switch to Japanese language? The thing is, it would slow me down enough to be a concern, since I'm not a fast reader yet.
>>
>>16109658
It's as you say if you just get the base Elona+ game. The English version of the base game is missing cutscenes and a good bit of the southern continent going forward is untranslated.

However, if you install Elona Custom onto Elona+ most of the southern continent is translated and the cutscenes are added back in for English speakers. Even some bits of Lost Irva are translated but Lost Irva is still being worked on. Only problem is that Elona+1.63 just released recently and there is no Custom version for that yet. Only have Custom for Elona+ 1.62.

Up to you in how you want to proceed. You always have the option to change language anytime in the game. Any missed cutscenes can be viewed through the playback disk. Usually purchased off a vendor in the Cyberdome.
>>
>>16109809
Thanks. I wish they just left in untranslated lines as-is instead of replacing them with generic text.
>>
>>16109851
same
>>
>>16107390
Thanks. Digging 2.0 better.
>>
Do you guys play any other sandbox roguelikes, like Cataclysm DDA, UnReal World, or Dwarf Fortress adventure mode? If so, what do you think of them?
>>
>>16111074
Hated the guts of Dwarf Fortress. It's more boring than "roleplaying" in Daggerfall.
>>
I like having my little girl pet around for RP reasons, she can also carry stuff... but I enjoy cleaning dungeons alone so much more. I can actually use tactics like waiting for enemies to come to me or falling back for a few turns to regenerate mana. Unless I put her to completely passive she still charges enemies even on intercept.
In harder dungeons she dies, and in easy dungeons she just kills too much robbing me of XP and fun. But I still like having her around, I don't like being alone. Such a dilemma.
>>
Does soup of wonderland change my height to human standard even if I'm a fairy?
>>
File: Raphy_gets_told.png (28KB, 670x60px) Image search: [Google]
Raphy_gets_told.png
28KB, 670x60px
>>16112368

Yes.
>>
Why are items disappearing from my pet's inventory? She died a few times, and even her weapon is gone.
>>
>>16113235
I'm pretty sure you can lose non precious items on death. Both you and your pets.
>>
You guys think inner gods are tough ? Hungry demons are hell for a new character. You either die of hunger or die by damage , and their evasion is OP
>>
>>16113561
Magic Missile is harder to come by than it is to learn, and it makes short work of anything with evasion (except bells).
>>
>>16113693
But anon i'm a martial artist , magic is heresy!
>>
>>16113695
Just cast fist.
>>
File: chestnutgod.jpg (323KB, 795x598px) Image search: [Google]
chestnutgod.jpg
323KB, 795x598px
>>16113561
Become the chestnutter. Make the bleed.
>>
>afraid of destroying items with fire spells
>use mainly ice bolt until level 25
>read the wiki
>it can shatter items
JUST FUCK MY LOOT UP
>>
>>16114311
You could get a magatama and it will stop you from accidentally scorching items if you keep it in your inventory.

It stopped me from ruining all my loot with my dragon breath.
>>
>>16114534
The wiki is a bit ambiguous, and so is the in game description. It just says fires won't spread.
Does it 100% prevent any item on ground and creatures from being destroyed?
>>
>>16114545
In my experience it does, but only from your skills and learned spells. While it has been in my inventory no items on the ground have been destroyed no mater how much I spammed fire breath.

However, molotovs (and possibly rods, I haven't tested them as much) DO still burn items.

I might try to pick pocket an npc to view their inventory then incinerate them to make sure the magatama protects held items as well.
>>
>>16114566
According to the wiki firewall and molotov burns items, but it doesn't really say much about breath, bolt and ball. I assume they are safe, but wanted to be sure.
>>
>>16114594
I understand. Some things on the wiki seem dated, so it is always good to check. I'll admit after my own experience with breath attacks and molotovs I assumed the wiki was correct about all the others.

I'll probably do more testing with the different kinds of fire damage to get conclusive answers on everything else I'm only pretty sure about.
>>
Is riding worth it as a warmage?
How much is the spell failure penalty once you get some levels in riding?
>>
>>16114748
Whether or not to go riding is up to you. I personally don't use a mount however due to how long I've played the game and all the traveling I've done my riding skill is at 358. I'm not a Warmage but wearing armor that puts me in the light category while mounted I observed that I still had 100% casting. When I was in the medium category while mounted my casting was at 92%. So with enough points in casting and riding you probably don't have to worry too much about miscasts eventually. Expect lots of miscasts though if your riding is horrible, casting isn't so good, and your armor weight category is heavy.
>>
is there any triggers that could cause you to lose charisma?
like when you fuck up a roll on kicking a locked door you lose str

i just wanna know because i just lost 10+ charisma and i have no clue why
havent died from anything and ive only been grinding from seeds from harvest quests and i just noticed my charisma dropped from 98 to 88
>>
>>16114889
Oh, I should comment that I also had nothing equipped in my hand slots. So if you dual wield or use shields keep those cast penalties.
>>
>>16114906
*keep those cast penalties in mind.

>>16114898
Check if you have ether disease/corruption. There are monsters that can also drain you of your attributes. The solution for that is to visit the healer in town to restore your attributes, cast the restore body/spirit spells, or drink the equivalent potions. Ether corruption can be healed through potions of cure corruption.
>>
>>16114898
Check if any equipment is causing you to lose charisma.
>>
File: floating gondo.png (5KB, 365x241px) Image search: [Google]
floating gondo.png
5KB, 365x241px
>>16114919
>>16114927
no ether diseases or mutations
just drank some restore pots and even got cleansed by a healer npc
no cursed equipment
certainly didnt eat anything rotten, cursed, or specific stat-losing foods

i guess i just lost some stats
might check with my save back up i did yesterday
>>
File: ShiftCore.jpg (176KB, 1281x771px) Image search: [Google]
ShiftCore.jpg
176KB, 1281x771px
Finally got around to picking up my own omega shift core from a wish I got from a well. I'm reminded about a comment I heard on here awhile back about the game allowing you to reach DBZ like levels of power. I plan on just leaving the omega shift core in storage for now however I got to laugh at the fact that I could literally achieve DBZ levels of power by using the shift core to make my character a SSJ.

I'll probably just give the core to my little imouto when I get around to building that pet. Since she's a littler girl going the witch route the omega shift core I guess can turn her into a super magical girl of death.
>>
>>16109141
Teaching
>>
>>16114898
According to the wiki, dying in hunting, party time or harvest quests makes you lose will and charisma points (instead of dropping equipment, since you can never return to those temporary maps).
>>
So all the pastebins and the wiki are giving me conflicting information.
What are some good feats? I'm playing a warmage, medium armor, lots of spell usage combined with some melee for saving mana.

Right now I have 3x luck feats and 4x mana.
Still have about 10 choices left from secret experiences and levelups.

I love special actions, but don't know if any of them are useful or not. Fire breath would be quite redundant with all the spells, same with teleport.
Is natural leader worth it if I only have 1-2 pets around? I might try necromancy later.
How about drain blood? My dex sucks, but could use the extra stamina.
>>
>>16116975
Cheer is great if you have pets since you apply Hero and Speed to every single one of them and, if you have Custom, you can teach it to your pets too! (though there is some kind of stat requirement before it becomes available for learning)
Fire Breath once you have enough stats gives you access to Variable, MP and Extermination breath. The first one does damage based on you highest elemental resistance, so does Extermination but with more strength and a gauge requirement, MP breath consumes a bunch of mana and does a lot of magic damage (easily going in the thousands)
The eye of mind feat eventually unlock a "abyss in the eye" wide action that gives you a buff that makes the eye of mind do more damage AND drains the HP and MP of the foe
Vampirism deals cut damage, restores some HP and, most importantly, recovers more stamina than it uses, combine this with the Eye of Mind+Abyss in the Eye combo and the Barrier trait from Leold (your MP act as a second HP bar if high enough) and you can tank like a motherfucker while dealing damage, pop Abyss, spam Eye of Mind, use Suck Blood when stamina gets low. Only thing to take care is that if Stamina goes too low you cannot use abilities, not even suck blood so be EXTREMELY careful with your stamina (also because if it goes negative it tanks your speed to pretty much nothing , and that's bad).
Touch of sleep can get you out of a sticky situation (and allows you to fuck Bells over if you can get close since it's 100% accurate), Touch of poison is more offense-oriented but as a mage you want things out of your business rather than poisoned
Knockout is great for capturing as it cannot kill a foe but can bring it to 1 hp, unless you get Jure's final god reward (the one obtained through Truce Ground summoning).
The prayer one is good if you don't have a equipment with "It protects you from cursing words" since it does the same thing.
If you're using 1.63 then there is a bunch of gravity based feats that, at a first look, seem pretty darn strong.
>>
>>16117143
When you say Abyss drains HP and MP, does it give me the amount it drained? It seems there's precious few ways to recover MP, so that would be amazing.
>>
>>16117182
I don't know if it can cause damage by magic reaction (ie: actually removes MP from the target), though it will definitely give you some HP and MP
>>
>Little girl drinks from a well , she's poisoned. She dies
>Little girl drinks from a well , she's pregnant. The alien kills her
>Little girl drinks from a well, she falls inside. She dies
I would love to care about you but you're just too stupid little girl.
>>
>>16117304
You can forbid her from doing that, needs training whip or command flag or some of that.
>>
Do you still have the feat limit in Elona+?
On the wiki it says you get 13 feats, 3 at start then 1 every 5 levels, which implies the level cap of 50. I know Elona+ raises the level cap, but do you keep getting feats? And can you keep using kumiromi?
>>
>>16117304
The last one can be remedied with "It floats you" equipment
>>
>>16117308
>>16117327
Thank you both. Still she's supposed to be my bodyguard and instead i'm her babysitter.
>>
>>16117385
There are a few items for controlling your pet. You can mostly find them in drops or buy from general vendor.

-leash: automatically teleports them back to you if they go too far
-training whip: can allow/forbid picking up items, gold, eating from ground, drinking from well
-command flag: lets you change their stance, can put them on defensive which makes them come to you, not attack and take less damage
-stethoscope: displays pet HP bar, gauge, stance under their feet. very useful for knowing when to call her back to safety.
>>
Is there any limit to how high you can stack "It increases the chance of extra ranged attack"? Also does Absolute Piercing also apply to ranged attacks?
>>
What are some spells i can teach my pets that can be useful? My spellcaster pet just finished learning Cure of Jua, should i teach him Divine Wisdom or what?
>>
>>16117318
You can get all the feats in Elona+. At a certain level you stop gaining feats through level ups but you can get the rest of the feats through wishing for miromi each time you want another feat. There is a kind of level requirement though once you start getting a ton of feats before you can get your next one through miromi though but depending on you play that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>16117910
Wiki says kumiromi is limited to one per 10 levels.
So basically you stop getting free feats at level 50, but you can get the kumiromi ones at 60, 70, etc?
>>
>>16117474
The equation for extra attack doesn't imply that there is a cap. Seems it's the number of attacks that has occurred vs extra attack chance. The more attacks that have occurred the harder it is to generate even more requiring that much more extra attack chance. There seems to be caps to the amount of attacks you can achieve due to the amount of hands you have and/or the hands you have a weapon in.

You can attach absolute piercing on to a ranged weapon by using artifact fusion. No idea if it applies to ranged attacks but considering you can get the enchant on a ranged weapon I'd like to think that it does work for them.
>>
>>16117965
That's the gist of it.
>>
>>16117965
i saw people with characters levels of 1800+. The inner gods are also 1200+ , this means you can go way above and beyond level 50- 60
>>
The seeds dont rot right ? I've been keeping them all in my freezer but now is full and i still dont have enough money for a farm. Also is there an optimal dungeon level to find giant squirrels ? the fighter quest is annoying.
>>
>>16118020
seeds don't rot
>>
>>16118003

It should be noted that bandit lords can get far above even the gods' strength: Yacatect and Jure better watch out, or they might find their selves mugged, or worse!
>>
>>16118039
Why no Eketalh and Luwly ?
>>
>>16118055
Eketalh has that OP on-death move where everything goes to hell
>>
>>16118064
>Implying a bandit cant learn contingency or have a shield that procs invulnerability
>>
>>16118055

Luwly would probably enjoy finally finding someone who could dominate her.
>>
I thought an eventual death would reset what soup of wonderland did, but I'm still 99 cm tall. Is there any way to stop being a loli after eating that thing once?
>>
>>16119057
Drink lots of milk.

I'll never forgive myself for accidentally eating both the aging lunch and wondersoup. I'm a 200 years old child now.
>>
>>16119089
Rory is that you ?
>>
>>16120820
Is there a way to increase the resolution? I cannot see stuff that is too "above" or "below" the character
Ie: i can see 8 cells at my left and right but only 5 up and down
>>
Do higher level dungeons yeld better rewards when mining? I'm farming for luck and it's a pain
>>
Do pets lose potential when they eat rotten food off the ground?
>>
>>16121298
Haven't seen that happen yet, but something tells me they do. I was about to start feeding my loli that way out of curiosity.
>>
Isnt the new acceleration buff introduced in 1.63 a dead sentence to fairies ? Since gravity debuff disables greater evasion , every critical hit bypasses DV which is the only defense they have.
>>
Seriously, how the fuck do you deal with invisible enemies besides sending all pets away and spamming fireball?
The wiki says you can find them with * targeting and throw potions or cast bolts on them, but it's not working at all for me.
>>
>>16123035
Best way to go is to wear an equipment that reveals invisible enemies, like the sage helm.
>>
>>16123035
Bubble storm is the easiest way.
>>
>>16123035
Dupli-cane + rod of bubble storm. Makes every enemy in small area wet and thus visible.
>>
>>16120908
Resolution can be changed in options.
>>
>2 star delivery mission
>accept it
>can't move
>it's a 500s gravestone
>>
>>16124043
Such is life.
On the other hand, Itzpalt bless mana burst!
>17 stars Beauty and the Beast
>assassins
>pop mana burst
>everything is dead
>whatever survives gets minced by a supersonic little girl
Only problem is when something uses a AoE and ends up killing the escort, but it's rare
>>
How do I stop save scumming? I barely even buff anymore and just spam magic darts at everything and reload if I die. I ruined the game for myself.

If only there wasn't shit like inventory drop / permanent stat loss / random bad mutations. But it bothers me too much that I can lose something for good, so I end up reloading anyway.
>>
>>16124043
>An adventurer died today due to being crushed by a 500s gravestone. Locals commented that the adventurer took on a request to haul a gravestone to another city. Vernis man who hired this adventurer had this to say, "I had no idea that the gravestone would actually be for his death. I just wanted to threaten that asshole who beat me in Blackjack the other day."

~The Palmia Times

Can you throw that gravestone at the NPC who signed you up for that horrible job?
>>
>>16124118
>inventory drop / permanent stat loss / random bad mutations
All can be prevented or cured normally in the game. Could always play on another difficulty/mode that punishes you for save scumming. That, can train you not to do it or you can always put forth the effort to police yourself.
>>
>>16124118
> I ruined the game for myself.
you can't say that unless you've edited your character with elosnack and maxed all stats/skills and gave yourself optimal equipment with wishes using wizard mode and killed all of the gods including their inner gods
>>
>>16124118
roguelike = no die
no die = no savescum
stay alive = grind / choose fight!!! = slower (but no die)
savescum = gay
inferno close call = many fun
>>
Is there any point to jiu-jutsu ? i'm supposed to know and calculate each enemy DV vs PV for a small damage increase ?
>>
Why is bolt and nova the only shape for area effect spells?
Is there a mod or something that adds targeted explosion like a real thrown fireball and cone spells?
Fire breath feat scales with constitution so it's not really ideal for casters.
>>
>>16124362
Very few close calls.
Most of the monsters can't even damage me. And then comes a fucker that kills me in 2 turns, sometimes even one. I'm around level 30 and have 50-50 PV and DV, so not even glass cannon build.
>>
>>16124575
I meant 50-50% focus. Full buffed they are around 150.
>>
>>16124508
>Fire breath feat scales with constitution so it's not really ideal for casters.
you need to work on your other stats to unlock mana breath

con is also ideal for certain builds like fairies because youre probably going to end up grinding your con stat up due to your low life
>>
>>16124499
Jiu-jutsu is supposed to turn your attacks into strikes, grabs, throws, and locks. If you toggle on jiu-jutsu and do squeeze you bind the target, do squeeze damage, and do attack damage all in one turn. It's to be used against monsters with low DV and high PV. The bigger the difference between these values the more valuable it is to toggle to jiu-jutsu. While I'm not sure if there is any specific enemy that is currently in the game that makes great use of the feat, it's always possible new enemies in future patches may be added that will make good use of jiu-jutsu. Due to this, it's not a high priority feat to pick up but may be something you want to pick up eventually.

>>16124508
Single target and the entire map also exist as well but I certainly would like what you mentioned as well. Cone and a nova centered on an enemy at range than just on the player. Don't think there is a mod that gives you what you want. Who knows though, maybe in the future we'll get something like that. Bubble Storm and Water Bolt are relatively new spell additions so it's in the realm of possibility for new spells to be added. New range options certainly would be a great foundation for a whole new host of spells.
>>
>>16124646
Most of the new spells are shit and also only come from dream/wonders, though. It's like they don't want people to use them. Mostly a copy of an existing spell with lower damage and harder to obtain.
>>
>>16124657
The water based spells do terrible damage but can be a decent lead in to cold and lightning type spells. Wet targets lead to a damage mod for those kind of spells. Meteor is the strongest spell in the game and is one of the highest damaging attacks in the game. Summon Spirit I agree isn't too useful on its own however it is a necessary spell to farm hero cheese and magic fruit. You should farm for wonder scrolls and bless them if you're having problem getting stock for the above spells. Meteor at least, I completely understand being not so straight forward to get stock for considering its damage potential and its insane scaling as you level it up. The others I kinda wish there were books for but I'm managing with wonder scrolls. I do agree that any new spell should be very different from what we have now but at least what we do have isn't useless.
>>
What do you non-savescummers even do with wells in dungeons?
Just deal with the 2-3 negative mutations they give on average, or ignore them completely?.
>>
>>16124735
I use a "it protects you from mutation" equipment and have some potion of evolution at home (can't remember where i got them)
>>
>>16124735
I should really work with wells now that I think about it. I got to lost Irva and only had three wishes.
>>
File: Big crab 4 u.png (672KB, 802x625px) Image search: [Google]
Big crab 4 u.png
672KB, 802x625px
>>16105316

A crab you say?
>>
File: MugofEhekatl.jpg (296KB, 1281x769px) Image search: [Google]
MugofEhekatl.jpg
296KB, 1281x769px
>>16124735
Very early game I had a policy with wells. Either I let my pet drink from the well in hope of wishes or I ignored them completely with the exception of the holy well in Noyel.

Early on, I didn't actively pursue good mutations. If a good one showed up great but if for some reason I got some bad ones I had no qualms with destroying both good and bad through drinking cure mutation potions.

It wasn't until later on in the game when I was making a good bit of gold that I cared about finally getting and keeping my positive mutations. If you invest a ton of gold into magic vendors they will eventually start to carry potions of evolution. So around that time I made sure I had no bad mutations and drank a couple of blessed potions of evolution until I got all the good ones. I would wear a fairy hat before going to bed to increase my chances of not losing my good mutations however if I did I could always shop for a potion of evolution. Eventually I managed to get a stockpile of evolutions so I'm not worried about mutations anymore.

Late game you should be able to get your hands on the mug of Ehekatl. By sharing an indirect kiss with the goddess you shield yourself from all of the bad stuff from drinking from wells. Due to this, I drink from all wells I can find for a chance at wishing for something.
>>
>>16124845
Now I feel a bit awkward.
Pretty much all the reasons why I savescummed had in game solutions for them all along, just not obvious at start.
I almost feel like starting a new character, but I'm not putting myself through all that early grind of gardening/perform/literacy and all that shit. I guess I'll just start playing properly from now on.
>>
File: How much hp do you have.png (321KB, 806x625px) Image search: [Google]
How much hp do you have.png
321KB, 806x625px
Man they can take a beating at higher levels
>>
>>16124907
They sure do but it looks like the slug and the crab can dole out the punishment. Nice job on your pets.
>>
>>16124646

Ultimate Golems use Jiu-jutsu. Given their level however, the new behicle (the one that's a steam crane) squarely outclasses them, being just as sturdy, and much faster.
>>
>>16124907

>>16104654

Throw salt at it. Two salt solutions are enough to kill ANY snail in the game.
>>
>>16125078

Oppps, I thought you were talking about taking out a metal slug. But yeah, bandits have no upper limit to their maximum strength.
>>
File: metal slug super bio weapon.png (708KB, 806x625px) Image search: [Google]
metal slug super bio weapon.png
708KB, 806x625px
>>16125084

metal slug is my pet snail
>>
File: MAGIC.png (46KB, 623x134px) Image search: [Google]
MAGIC.png
46KB, 623x134px
>>16078570

i think it hits all hostel targets on the map/floor
>>
>>16125185

hostile targets*
>>
the positive mutations and negative mutations tend to cancel out over time; if you get really unlucky and rack up a lot of bad mutations over time, you should be at the point where you can afford a couple of cure mutation potions anyway. if you get a nasty mutation like -cha or -res early on, it's more of a pressing matter, but it's not something that'll end your game right there and you can still manage by wearing equips to counteract the effect if necessary until you can afford a cure mutation. and of course, midgame fairy hats/lategame mug of ehekatl make it a relatively risk free activity
>>
>>16125574
>>16124735

forgot to quote
>>
>>16124845

>3 bloods of warrior of elea

Getting busy with Saya, eh Kai?
>>
>>16125594
O-oh that was in the picture. Yes we were busy for awhile until her sleep sheep got burnt up. Guess she ran out of fire blankets. I really need to get her more fire blankets or better yet, more fire resist.

Speaking of other embarrassing things in that picture, I noted that the porno books I fished up while trying to gain favor for Ehekatl is misspelled. I actually thought the s might of been a reference to stones. I'm not familiar with stones as a weight measurement so curious I looked up a stones to pounds calculator. Something I'm more familiar with. I panicked, and laughed a bit at the mental picture, when the calculator said I was carrying 168 pounds of porn books. I was relieved when I looked to the right of the picture and the weight was 3 stones. Sort of anyways.

When I went to put 3 stones in I found I was carrying 42 pounds of porn books. I'm not sure how I feel about this aside from the fact that I will understand if NPCs call me a perv. If at all anything, I have the opportunity of fulfilling the porn stash trope by stashing this somewhere supposedly secret in my character's room inside his house.
>>
it's a possible to train meteor spell in elona custom? or only while tamin a pet with this skill?
>>
>>16125932
Spell is blacklisted so you can't teach that spell to a pet. It might be possible to get a pet with meteor through capturing one as you've mentioned though.
>>
>>16125805
Now that I think about it. I'm really hoping the s doesn't stand for stone. Hope it's just some made up weight system in the game. I'm horrified at the idea that for some reason I'm carrying 63 pounds of my companion's blood on me.Anyone have any idea what the s stands for in regards to the weight system in this game?
>>
>>16124508
grenades invokes have 3x3 aoe around target

the bombs you craft with the pot for fusion have a big aoe around the target
>>
File: 无邪気な少女 グウェン.png (64KB, 200x270px) Image search: [Google]
无邪気な少女 グウェン.png
64KB, 200x270px
Gwen is too adorable to have no interactions.
>>
>>16126562
I copied her with the Astral Light Pen and made her my shopkeeper.
>>
Can my pets lose attributes or potentials, or get something bad by drinking from wells?
>>
>>16126891
They can get alien pregnancy, lose attributes, and can die in the wells from falling in. Once the trap activated but my pet didn't die, but I'm not sure why.

How do I copy Gwen with the light pen? She refuses any gifts I attempt to give her so I can't get her to Soul Mate.
>>
>>16127232
>and can die in the wells from falling in. Once the trap activated but my pet didn't die, but I'm not sure why.
Floating equipment most likely.
And some pets innately float.
>>
>>16124735
If i'm not ready for the bad shit I dont drink from the well. C'mon anon, its worth trying.
>>
File: 1471406047943.jpg (223KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
1471406047943.jpg
223KB, 840x525px
What is the easiest way to find a fairy to capture?

I want to make a fairy farm to increase innate magic resistance by harvesting their corpses.
>>
>>16127397

Forgot half of my question.

I assume dungeons around level 13 since that is their normal npc level according to the wiki?

Can you spawn one from the mysterious diary?
>>
>>16127253
if you have several pets they can save each other if one falls in
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (32KB, 346x145px) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
32KB, 346x145px
[Insert witty comment here]
>>
There's no limit to the amount of materials you can have, right? I'm about to eat through 60 blessed scrolls.
>>
After getting the "mandatory" early game wishes out of the way what do you typically wish for?
>>
>>16128085
Noob here. What are those mandatory wishes?
I checked wiki and faqs, and spent mine on a seven league boots and a scroll of attribute (completely wasted on low level character).
>>
>>16128085
You could always wish for one of the shift cores. They let you transform on a full gauge and give different boosts. I know one grants you magic reflection, dealing some of the magic damage you take back to the one who dealt it.
>>
>>16128085
Secret Experience of Kumiromi
>>
Does elona support macros in any way? I'm digging for four leaf clovers but i fear i'm gonna fuck my shift key if i keep at it
>>
>>16128277
You can make macros for anything with Autohotkey
>>
Is it ethical to gene manipulate your little girl companion who was loyal to you since level 1? I want to make her the strongest, but still...
>>
>>16128364
Yes. She would do the same for you.
>>
>>16128364
Ask yourself. Would she rather be the strongest girl and be usefull to you , or would she rather die knowing that she was useless in the end ?
>>
>>16128364
As long as she gets to see you smile, anything is fine.
>>
>>16128295
Try as i might i can't figure it out for the life of me, it makes me spin in circles without actually digging
>>
Speaking of gene engineering, as long as you don't add extra limbs you can't really ruin your companion, right?
It only adds beneficial things like xp, stats and skills?
>>
File: descent.jpg (330KB, 1285x772px) Image search: [Google]
descent.jpg
330KB, 1285x772px
>>16128085
Early game I skipped seven league boots and went straight to getting the happy bed. After that I spent my wishes on miromi to get secret experience for feats. Once I got every feat in the game I started making a stockpile of gain attribute scrolls to take advantage of artifact fusion. Now the majority of my wishes have gone to potions of descent. I bless them so I gain a free level. A lot of my levels have come through this and the value the HP/MP increases and well as the bonus points. I've spent a wish on getting a shift core as well. I take advantage of all wish sources in the game such as wish spell stock gained from spellbooks and wonder scrolls, rods, and wells. I rely on my invested vendors and my magic shop to churn out the books and scrolls.

Can also get potions of descent on invested magic vendors. Not sure at what shop level they begin appearing though. My shopkeepers in my home are spoiled rotten because they serve as my gold dumps. This particular shopkeeper has a shop level of 11005.
>>
>>16128526
>the value the HP/MP increases and well as the bonus points
*and I value the HP/MP increases as well as the bonus points.
>>
>>16128459
>>16128295
Nada de nada, tried multiple times but to no avail
>>
Does wishing for a skill when your pet stuffs its mouth with well water give that skill to it instead of yourself? I just wished for Greater Evasion, the message said I had this skill improved, but it's nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>16128708
All wishes go to you. And the same thing happened to me. It's possible that it parsed the text wrong and trained you another skill instead.
>>
>>16128511
You can bypass the mutant problem if you get a super core , but that's rare anyway.
>>
>>16128801
No, what I really meant is that as long as I take care not to add extra limbs, nothing else can go really wrong?
>>
>>16128813
no. It would be fun if you could accidentaly create a mutant though. Just immagine fusing your pets togheter , but instead of your wanted result you get a summoning crab that goes insane because of what you did to him and spamms your house to hell.
>>
The wiki says that sexy dance awards you more points in Party time! but you get no items and less money. I tried using it during the quest and i only got less money and no points benefit. Is it bugged or was it changed ? i'm playing on 1.63 right now.
>>
>>16128150
I mainly meant what was mentioned on the wiki/faq, so seven league boots, happy bed, and possibly an aurora ring.
>>
>>16128085
To add to this, is there anything in particular that should be wished for with a rod of wishing over a well wish.
>>
>>16128277
Can't you just turn on caps lock and then just spam the d key?
>>
>>16129068
Shift also enables "fast walk"
And still have to press the D key and the arrow over and over.

I tried to make so that by pressing Ctrl-d it automatically dug up, down, left and right in sequence but with no success
>>
File: LordoftheDance.png (2MB, 1282x2312px) Image search: [Google]
LordoftheDance.png
2MB, 1282x2312px
>>16128861
Also playing 1.63. I had 6 party time quests in Palmia so I did three of them just using performance and the other three just using fascination dance. 5/6 of them I got more points for using fascination dance. At first glance it seems that fascination dance is the winner however I think it's kind of hard to test which is the clear winner due to variables outside of my control. Party score is heavily influenced by how many named NPCs show up so if a party doesn't have as many your score will be much lower. Also, can't help it that the people in attendance sometimes like to kill each other thus reducing your score. Not sure if a sample size of six is decent however the ending scores I got for performance ranged from 11k to 16k while fascination dance ranged from 13k to 19k for me.

The main draw of fascination dance for me isn't exactly the possibility of more tickets, although that is nice, but the fact that it draws on charisma to impress people at party time quests. Charisma is so much easier to raise than the performer skill. Not to take away from the performer skill though, that skill is tried and true to impress people at party time quests. Even summoned spirits.

The question I have is if fascination dance works on summoned spirits. Currently my character's charisma doesn't beat the will of the summoned spirits I summon so I need more charisma but I wonder once I cap charisma will it work? Perhaps I have another route to impress spirits at party time quests to continue farming hero cheese and magic fruit however if that doesn't work out I'll just spend my bonus points on performance after I cap tactics.
>>
To all the anons in this thread: What made you choose Elona as your game to play? I'm planning on giving it a try.
>>
Shitty pc and nothing decent on the horizon
>>
>>16129498
It's kind of a cross between "single player mmo" and roguelike.
Having an overworld, your own home, town people to interact with adds a lot of charm instead of spending all your time in a dungeon.

Also like the long gameplay (weeks or months with the same character) as I tend to grow attached to my characters and don't like starting from zero. I don't like roguelikes where a session only lasts for a few hours.
>>
>>16129498
Sandbox, easy to mod, more challenging than a lot of games out there, lots of things to learn, can shove this game on a thumbdrive and play it on a toaster, and the developer seems to be regularly updating the game adding more content.
>>
>>16129516
>easy to mod
Do tell.
Are there any decent gameplay mods other than sprite/texture replacers and elona custom?
>>
>>16129527
Was mainly talking about the ability to replace sprites, music, add NPCs/monsters, etc but sure there are other forks of Elona. Check the wiki for the other Elona forks. However, those forks aren't as popular as Elona+ and some of them have stopped development or have very slow updates.
>>
>>16129498
>>16129515
And I'm already hyped! Just need to make sure: should I try finding the 1.61 version or should I simply go for 1.63 and wait for an Elona+ Custom version?
>>
>>16129572
Well, that depends.
1.63 has some small additions, a couple of new feats and special moves. But, as all versions of Elona+ (without Custom mod) it's missing a lot of translation and npc text and story content and they are either completely omitted or replaced with placeholder lines.
Gameplay wise you don't miss much without custom, but if you are interested in the story and flavour text, i'd go with the latest version that works with Custom mod. There aren't any massive new features added in 1.63 and you can usually carry your savegame to future versions with auto updater functions in case Custom gets updated.

Personally I'm just playing 1.63 in Japanese, since even with Custom like 90% of the item descriptions are still missing.
>>
>>16129603
Thanks for the reply. In that case, I'll probably go grab the latest version that works with the Custom mod for now, then update at a later point.
>>
How do you find a buy a spear? I haven't seen one in a single dungeon or tower and I've only seen a raw one that I couldn't afford once in Vernis. is it just that I've been unlucky or is it something else?
>>
>>16129642
I think I have only seen one or two myself. Maybe they are like deeds, and just refuse to appear when you need one.
>>
Speaking of finding items, how do you get coffins for the necromancy fusion recipe?
It's a furniture, so embassy? I invested up to lvl60 to both vendors and haven't seen one yet.
>>
>>16129642
The carpentry skill and the associated tool allows you to craft spears.
>>
>>16129668
Some of the necromancers I've seen on these threads pickpocket them. Isn't there a necromancy guide in the pastebin? Does the guide not cover how to get the coffins or are people not reading the guide?
>>
>level 65 gardening
>the highest harvest job I've ever seen was 2 star
>100% success rate without exception
>level 25 perform
>5% of the party time quests are 2 star, 10% 3 star, the rest are 4-6 stars
>~20% success rate
This scaling is fucked up.
>>
>>16129850
Makes sense in the Elona world. The Elona world sees farmers as vital and respectable individuals. Bards on the other hand are despised and are just slightly above beggar in social status. So when bards go to their party time quests they better be a musical genius or rock a killer body and moves or an asshole like Loyter will stone them. Due to a constant stream of dead bards, there are always openings and a somewhat higher demand for upcoming bards to entertain people at parties. They'll either be entertained by the bards performance or they'll be entertained by killing them.
>>
How do you even remove blind?
Wiki says only "time" cures it, but that can't be right considering how fucking common and debilitating it is.
>>
>>16129850
And the 1 star ones you can't even do them succesfully until like 20 performer
>>
>>16129956
Wiki is correct. Only time gets rid of it. It should move the player to get equipment that negates the effect of blindness so they don't have to ever deal with it again.
>>
File: treasure map.png (258KB, 408x295px) Image search: [Google]
treasure map.png
258KB, 408x295px
t-thanks
>>
>>16130047
Never mind, didn't notice the snow at first. It's actually easy.
>>
>>16129498
I love games where I get to make my own character and take him through a grand journey.
>>
Why are there monsters in Vernis? I saw a Nether hound and a Minotaur magician in the middle of it and they won't leave, I'm too low of a level to kill them. Do they ever go away?
>>
>>16130249
No. You must become stronger and rid your not-hometown of this scourge and save the people.
>>
>>16130249
Wonder if someone went to drink from the well but instead accidentally triggered a portal that brought monsters to Vernis. They'll go away...once they attack the moody hooded guy in town. The town will be a smoldering crater but they'll be gone. Hope you like dragons...
>>
>fairy hat with both mutation resistance and digest rotten food on it
Quality of life just got 100% better.
>>
Why is it allowed for mobs to confuse and mana burn literally every turn along with their autoattack?
Bullshit like this reminds me why I savescum.
>>
>>16130533
>It's not fair that the player and his pets are allowed to blind, bleed, poison, change us into other creatures, put us into monster balls, and do god knows what to us every turn! And before you yeek fags say why didn't you run those fucking adventurers and his gay parade of pets have shadowstep!!! Bullshit like this is why I resort to cheese!

t.angry.Kobold
>>
>>16129498
I just stumbled upon the game, picked it up and fell in love with it.
>>
How does breed power equate to actually breeding? Obviously higher numbers are better, but for my fairy it is like 100 so how often will it breed?
>>
>>16131423
Was asked several threads back. Nobody seems to know. The breed power equation and number is only supposed to be used to compare creatures to each other in how easy it is to fill a ranch with them. There probably is some other equation related to the actual multiplying of creatures on the ranch but fuck if I know it.
>>
>>16129442
So basically there's not much difference between the two , but performance raises the skill while dance is based on charisma
>>
>>16129668
Yowyn was always stacked on coffins in my game
>>
How do I raise a new pet, Gene engineering and then spam herbs?
>>
>>16132236
Gene engineer everything into them first.
You can give them the gene engineering skill from nurses (derphy), greater evasion from bats, fishing/swimming from snails, digging from goblins and carpentry from ents.
Then you can give them herbed curarias and have them kill stuff in dungeons
>>
>>16129954

One must note that Palmia in particular is considered an outlier when it comes to global morals: Zanan (and this is Loyter's homeland) for instance considers the wanton rate at which the former enslaves little girls, breeds people in farms, and then experiments on them with gene machines to be horrifying (even if they do the same thing themselves behind closed doors), and it's implied the King had 0 qualms with the big daddy project which was only canceled itself when the person who started the bloody thing felt guilty.

Yerles likes to conscript random citizens and shove them off to the other side of the world as well as experiment by turning their soldiers into cyborgs without their consent, but these are necessary measures to keep ahead of Eluderna and are thankfully being phased out in the face of mass-production of Yerleswood robotic soldiers.
>>
The wiki says that it's ideal to train magic control and magic capacity with the 4th gift of Itzpalt that lowers your magic and casting, but with it equipped most of my spells are at like 1-20% cast chance. Was it nerfed or something?
>>
>>16133311
it's ideal to train magic capacity this way , because the rate of increase is calculated in relation to your maximum mana. Less mana more benefits. I dont know about magic control since the only effective way to train it is to cover yourself with high res pets and bombard them.
>>
>>16132616
Anywhere in game you find this lore? Or is it just on the wiki?
>>
>>16133483

The above is actually a major plot point in Act 3 and is elaborated on in the Researcher's diary (give to Loyter and he will expand upon it.) The gist is that Zanan has been practicing on Yith (explaining the quest Loyter gives you earlier) and Meshera in order to create super soldiers, the latter which you face in the Cradle of Chaos.

The below is mentioned in the card descriptions for the four Yerles infantry levels (machine infantry, elite infantry, latest outfit soldiers, and cyborgs), and has yet to be translated outside of the wiki (which only has the Cyborg's entry directly translated last I saw).
>>
If for RP purposes i wanted to start as an exiled / hated race , which one would be a good choice beside elea ?
>>
>>16134611
Possibly one of the inhuman races like golems or liches?

Since I have never seen one of them that wasn't immediately hostile.
>>
>>16131578
Sorry, I meant 2/3 of them I got more points for fascination dance. Due to variables outside of my control I didn't decide to test further than the sample size since the values can be all over the place due to RNG. Yes, main difference is performing skill vs some formula to impress the NPC and with fascination dance it's charisma vs the targets will or some formula.
>>
Towns respawn, right?
I drank from a well and a summoner came out and brought like 4 dragons with him. I got him, but a third of the town is gone.
>>
>>16135437
The town will eventually repair itself and new NPCs will show up but it can take awhile.
>>
So how are you supposed to know without diving into the wikis that you should repeatedly kill the young girl following you around in Yowyn?
>>
>>16135630
People are curious creatures and a lot of people don't play the game the same way as others. Some players probably went around wiping out towns and then reported on message board that after killing Gwen they got something. Then that info eventually made its way to a wiki. Point is, there was a time when gamefaqs and the internet didn't exist for people to follow guides and a lot of fun was had just discovering things for yourself.
>>
File: coolerbox.png (375KB, 659x444px) Image search: [Google]
coolerbox.png
375KB, 659x444px
Stop complaining little girl, all you have to do is to carry our lunchbox. Is that so hard?
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.