[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

em em oohs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: d3b460a0e1e425ea_1477272459.jpg (151KB, 830x523px) Image search: [Google]
d3b460a0e1e425ea_1477272459.jpg
151KB, 830x523px
Does /jp/ play any Japanese variations of MMOs?

I see threads every now and then but they seem small time lived despite people arranging groups to play together with.
>>
No I haven't played MMOs in a while now, at least non that caught my attention for more than a week and those threads are deleted because /vg/ comes in and shits all over everything, like always.
>>
Yeah, these threads don't turn out too well unfortunately.
This is one very poisoned well.
>>
>>16034173
>/vg/ comes in and shits all over everything,
Pretty much this.
Some /jp/sies say the usual stuff like Mabinogi, RO or ToS but nobody actually picks them up and those who actually do drop the game after a week because the only think propping them up are either nostalgia or pretending to be a "cute" ""girl"".

Honestly, MMOs just encourage massive circlejerking and drama, taking it easy is pretty much impossible.
>>
No, but I played some korean MMO, like Tera.
>>
Do you have any open-source MMOs I could play?
>>
>>16034162
I finally stopped playing Mabinogi a year ago. I've been playing on and off since Closed Beta back in 2008.

So what the fuck is that chick mount.
>>
there's no point in mmos if all you do is solo and/or use it like 2nd life where you make a character and play pretend
>>
File: wallpaper_1600-1200.jpg (357KB, 1393x1045px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_1600-1200.jpg
357KB, 1393x1045px
>>16034173
This. You can't have a thread in this post /vg/ world, because even if /jp/ were to play a game, it would go to shit like every mmo thread in /vg/ does.

Although this is particularly bad in undirected threads like this, vs threads about "will you play x game with me /jp/?".

>>16034212
I sill play Mabi and ToS, but alone though since everyone, /vg/ and /jp/ are wishy washy quitters who get bored of everything after a month. /jp/ barely ever played games past betas/early opening. I think Mabi and Cosmic Break were the longest. Maybe that one cute game I can't remember that was basically the last game /jp/ played and the english version was shut down.

>>16034162
It's too much of a hassle for me to bother playing Japanese versions but I wish I played Japanese Mabi a little for all the anime crossovers. They're doing an Utawarerumono one now.
>>
I tried PSO2 and it didn't hold my interest. I've just been playing western games and I have Skyrim modded to be like a hack and slash JRPG.
>>
Dofus and Wakfu.
>>
>>16034162
I dropped Mabinogi two years ago.
The themepark additions became unbearable.
>>
>>16035906
>themepark additions
?
>>
I think the main issue is that whenever an MMO thread gains enough speed, people seem very keen and headstrong to advertise their dying MMOs from /vg/ in an attempt to get more people to play games that aren't that good.

Tree of Savior, Ragnarok Online private servers, NA Tera, Blade and Soul and a bunch of other god awful mistakes from Korea.

I think the guilds on jRO, jMabinogi, jECO and jTalesweaver are going still strong, so it's obvious that the only path you can take on /jp/ is one where you have to suffer a bit/see some effort to get to, such as having to mess around with payment options and proxy systems that let you have a Japanese IP.
>>
I found an open source MMO called Netrek, but it's not an RPG.
>>
can i get some friends to play on my mmo with me
>>
wow 1.12

just kill me
>>
>>16041648
Will you be playing crestfall
>>
>>16035914
Google themepark mmo.
Powercreep and the fact Mabi is just pretty damn old at this point, turned every update into a crappy small update you'll finish in a day or two.

So basically your playtime sessions will be:
Update -> Play for a day -> Do nothing for a month -> Crappy event -> Get your three items in the first week -> Do nothing for two months etc
>>
>>16042449
The number inflation became a huge issue with Mabinogi, reforges and pet spam being more and more of an issue over time.

I remember back when even 10 bonus damage to your weapon was fucking gigantic.
>>
>>16042449
That's not what a themepark mmo is. That's just lacking content.
>>
>>16042383
maybe i'll try
i'm pretty invested in kronos though
>>
>>16041595
What are you playing?
I hope it's not some of the new ones with that dumb action style gameplay because I have around 200ms to the US or EU so I can't play either.
>>
Outside of ECO, FF11/4, and PSO are there any Japanese originally MMORPGs worth trying out?
>>
>>16035372
>that one cute game
ECO? I remember it was fun with jp for at least a few months while it lasted on the malaysian/english before they shut it down.
>>
>>16034827
Literally same. I've been wanting to get back into it tho, nothing seems to fill the void. Every other mmo just never amounts to what mabinogi did.
>>
>>16049234
Yeah, that one.
>>
>>16035396
>Skyrim modded to be like a hack and slash JRPG
Can you tell me what mods I need for this?
>>
>>16049365
I've noticed it's because they all sell cute stuff without having any in game shops to buy cute stuff and nothing, not even other sandbox MMOs usually have the sense that you can log on and do whatever and just have fun or even progress your character.
>>
>>16051557
You would be better to check /tesg/ as my modlist is an outdated mess.
>>
File: browhairgirl.jpg (99KB, 540x674px) Image search: [Google]
browhairgirl.jpg
99KB, 540x674px
if...if anyone's still here and plays mabinogi:

im teazu on Alexina server.

let's play together :>
>>
>>16066549
Here's the prime example of /vg/ tier faggots to avoid.
>>
File: flan and hearth.jpg (111KB, 956x701px) Image search: [Google]
flan and hearth.jpg
111KB, 956x701px
I'm playing Haven and Hearth, but that's not a Japanese MMO.
>>
>>16066549
Sent :^)
>>
>>16049365/
Have you tried Trickster Online?
>>
>>16034212
>Honestly, MMOs just encourage massive circlejerking and drama, taking it easy is pretty much impossible.
I couldn't agree with you more. The main reason why I quit MMO's alltogether.
>>
I play mabi everyday, but I don't grind as much as I used to. 16k total at this moment.
>>
File: 1467490861643.gif (266KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467490861643.gif
266KB, 256x360px
It would be very enjoyable to play the upcoming Tera sequel or the next Mabinogi-like with /jp/.
I wonder how Peria will be.

May the Miko bring them soon.
>>
As long as the MMOs are proprietary, not everyone can play. I think everyone listing a closed-source MMO is being highly exclusionary.
>>
>>16066760
My PC is too shit to play whatever high graphics mmo comes out.
>>
File: 1827391.png (57KB, 156x153px) Image search: [Google]
1827391.png
57KB, 156x153px
>>16066804
I'm also on an aging laptop with a shitty graphics card, luckily korea now cares about being possible to play on shitty laptops, so hopefully optimization will make it possible for us to play together.
>>
>>16066824
If Tera was that MMO with action style combat and the elven women's smallest breast size was titty monster then their "optimization" was awful.
I barely had 40fps with an i7 4k and a r9 380x
>>
>>16066982
Tera wasn't made with optimization in mind at all, they relied on PCbangs, now there's a laptop and mobage trend in korea.
>>
I used to play Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine
>>
i played ffxiv

i never got a lala gf
>>
File: shame.png (916KB, 1521x797px) Image search: [Google]
shame.png
916KB, 1521x797px
>>16067427
didn't we all
>>
>>16067978
Was it ever not shit? Because it was just p2w shit at the start.
>>
>>16068136
Doing stuff like DESTINY or getting carried through Diaspora/Second Home to make good macca so you can buy the P2W shit from players?
>>
When will they make an online Persona game so we can all be school students and channel our teenage problems into reality to fight for us?

An old persona one too, so I can dance crazy and flirt with monsters
>>
>>16074778

I'll let you know.
>>
>>16074778
Oh lord, cannot remember what it was called but they did make a very persona-like action brawler "MMO" a while ago. (in quotes because it was more like a lobby based instance runner)

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or know the name?
>>
>>16076304
Never mind, was thinking "soulworker" but it's korean jive
>>
>>16076304
That looks neo personaish in style but how is it in essence?
>>
>>16066760
>Tera sequel
what's this?
>>
Overwatch is garbage compared to TF2 in its prime.
>>16066760
Also interested
>>
>>16086602
>Overwatch is garbage compared to TF2 in its prime.
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
Which side do you agree with, /jp/?
>>
>>16091560
The first guy is right, he just said that if you don't put effort into being social you won't experience the social side of MMOs and ultimately completely miss the point of the genre.
It took me a long time to realize that it's not the new MMOs that are bad or that x feature is destroying the them, it's just that I'm not willing to put the effort it takes to make a steady group of friends and I just want to do the content and get out.
I mean, I thought everything new that was being put out was shit because no one wanted to do anything other than queue for an instance and then get out but after going back to the old MMOs that I loved I found out that if you don't put yourself out there and try to be social, you'll end up with the same shitty experience.
There may be lots of wrong things with the newer MMOs but you can still make friends and spend time with people just fucking around in a game if you want to.
Though never join a discord, forum or a guild from /vg/, you'll regret it.
>>
>>16091560
I'd say 50/50. On one hand, you won't experience the social (or multiplayer) side of MMO without participating in them yourself. They won't just fall in your lap. Kinda like life.

At the same time though, MMOs have consistently added "quality of life" features that make an already digital format increasingly impersonal and business like. No one talks to each other because no one needs to. Chat is a tacked on feature at this point, not an integral one. Old MMOs that didn't have these features had stronger communities where people knew each other because there was no other way to do anything. Everquest didn't even have an Auction House analog, people just had certain spots they agreed to meet up to set up shop. People had to haggle and trade between each other, not rely on in game shop systems to do it for them. Raids in Everquest were all day affairs simply because organizing so many players together to be in one place at one time had no aids besides whatever messages you could send them electronically.

Of course Everquest is an extreme example of antiquated communications but the example remains. Though, I'd like to think here on 4chan people will understand that the front end of a piece of software influences how people use it. Whether that means you're anonymous or whatever.
>>
>>16091560
Mostly the second poster, whilist it is important that you need to put some effort into making friends with other people in MMOs these days, the games themselves should massively support people into socializing.

Not only to mention that you shouldn't need to be a in specific group or be playing MMOs with already made friends to have a fun experience with people.
People will progress without you and people will not be always be in places and quests you need to do. And thus the first line of the second post applies, if your game doesn't motivate people to play together, then the game (or the community) is bad.
>>
I play FFXIV, mostly alone after a bunch of my friends quit or parted ways for raiding
>>
>>16091560
Neither. They're both gross extrovert faggots. MMOs aren't just online bars where you met other people and shoot the shit. They're constantly updating experiences that provide a stream of new content vs other games that are just you beat them and that's it. Talking to people is one form of continuous content, but if all you play MMORPGs for is to talk to people, you should just fuck it and talk to them over some instant messaging program.

Associating with people is just a means to an end. Interacting with shops or sellers to get items, teaming up to do hard content, selling your own shit, or even the shitfest that is mmo pvp. I don't really get people who view it as some virtual watercooler instead of a game.

The second guy has a better point, but really, you should be able to play MMOs alone, because you can't always wait on friends/guild members to catch up and the concept of levels is already a flawed and people-separating idea. Playing alone doesn't mean solo questing or even being able to do PvE content. Wandering and exploring the world, grinding up some money, farming and crafting items, there are things that don't involve other people assisting you. The MMO part comes from the ability to see other people as you go about those tasks, or even temporarily join up or compete against them.

>>16091606
>There may be lots of wrong things with the newer MMOs but you can still make friends and spend time with people just fucking around in a game if you want to.
That's the whole problem with newer ones though. There's nothing to do in them but some menial daily chores. Just talk to people on skype or line or discord or steam chat or some shit

MMOs should let you experience the virtual world. If you want to be a social_butterfly69, or xxxlonewulfxxx you should be able to. They should also stop pandering to whiners who want enforced sameness and let people actually be able to acheive unique things. No more 100,000s of ultimate true world heroes wielding the flaming sword left behind by the demiurge at the end of the questline.
>>
>>16091681
is FFXIV still p2p? i know i'm a blizzard fanboy but i can't justify playing MMOs besides WoW anymore, especially since you can finance your subscription with minimal play time.

i enjoy trying them out, like Silkroad, Eden Eternal, and Tera were my favorites during their time. but then after a while they stagnate and i lose interest. that's how it has been for all the f2p ones.

for the sake of discussion, would you guys count games like PSO2 and Vindictus as MMOs? i think of them as more closely related to Gauntlet than an MMORPG, but they were a lot of fun for a while nonetheless.
>>
>>16091835
They're multiplayer online games, but not quire mmorpgs, but probably still fall under what people mean.

I could never get into the PSO series, and I never tried Vindictus because it wasn't cute like its predecessor Mabinogi. WoW has no place here though.
>>
Would anyone mind if I bumped this thread? I like hearing about anon's experiences with MMOs and stuff
>>
>>16110390
My experience is that they used to be awesome but then they got made for casuals and pvpfags, and those are the worst audiences. Casuals just want to be handheld to max level with epic singleplayer quests. PVP fags get games made entirely around GvG, RvR, and duels. Not even just plain old open PVP.

Also no MMO likes picking up any of the good ideas that some occasionally come up with. The hottest shit is always either
-btw we have loli cat-girls!
-you can FLY ANYWHERE!
-amazing graphics never before seen!
-so grimdark adult titties nudity!
>>
>>16110390
There were a few MMOs I really got into. First RO when it was still the big thing. I didn't (still don't) like finding people to play with in-game and I got tired of it eventually.

I somehow found myself in a guild, for some reason, though. I even participated in those big castle siege events a few times. I don't remember how that came about, it was probably an accident, like the guild master was sending invites to anyone without a guild and I just rolled with it.

The other MMOs I actively played, I started with /jp/, when we had semi-regular MMO threads years ago. We played World of Tanks when it was still in beta and it was fun. We even entered a sort of guild vs guild tournament where we easily won our first match, but then got paired to a bunch of Brazilians with a ton of King Tigers.

We also played Aura Kingdom (or was it? I can't really tell apart these new mmos anymore) when it came out, but people quickly dropped out and I continued alone again. Just like RO I got tired and stopped.

Now I don't really actively play any MMO. I play Armored Warfare whenever I feel like it since it's a World of Tanks clone and I lost both my email and my password for my WoT account.

I guess I keep visiting these MMO threads because I sort of want to play something with /jp/ again.
>>
File: 1461557071910.png (99KB, 379x463px) Image search: [Google]
1461557071910.png
99KB, 379x463px
>>16111279
>I guess I keep visiting these MMO threads because I sort of want to play something with /jp/ again.

me too
>>
>>16111279
>>16111312
You can't play anything with /jp/ because anyone who still likes mmos are tainted by /vg/.
>>
>>16111335
I don't really care anymore, as long as I meet them here.
>>
I played FFXIV
It's awful

but I have a lala gf at least
>>
>>16111346
me neither
>>
>>16111349
can i see your gf?
>>
>>16091560
I'd say that, while MMOs are inherently multiplayer, and singleplayer play should be discouraged, the game should absolutely not require outside communications.
Players should be able to chat and communicate within the game, so they never have to leave the game to be social.
MUDs figured this out a long time ago.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxLC500aPE
Soon.

It's really sad that there aren't more cute MMORPGs. This might even be the last one ever.
>>
>>16111608
heck no she's mine
>>
>>16124287
They're taking forever to release it!
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.