[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest thoughts on Type-Moon?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 16

File: SaberUC1.png (271KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
SaberUC1.png
271KB, 640x448px
Honest thoughts on Type-Moon?
>>
>>16030715
SEIIIIBBBBBAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I like it!
>>
A small, quirky company that got propped up to heights it really had no merit achieving but I still like them.
>>
Cool characters and really terrible writing.
>>
I enjoyed F/SN and Tsukihime.
>>
>>16030715
Read Tsukihime. It was goofy with some fun moments that could have been better if Nasu wasn't a hack.

Haven't read Fate/stay night but after watching UBW, I really don't want to. I fucking hate Shiro with a passion and I don't need to read a Bible's worth of his bullshit. That being said, I loved Fate/zero and have had a good time with Prisma Illya. I'm curious about Hollow ataraxia and Extra, but not sure if they're worth suffering through the original VN.
>>
>>16030954
>>Haven't read Fate/stay night but after watching UBW
You're trash.
>>
>>16030970
Sorry, but I don't feel like wasting more of my time on that mediocre garbage anymore than I already have.
>>
>>16031019
He was implying you're a recent addition to the board.
>>
>>16031024
And how would he know that?
>>
File: Demonbane.full.236050.jpg (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Demonbane.full.236050.jpg
123KB, 800x600px
I like them. Their works are pretty interesting and entertaining enough. But then again, I really enjoy works that go all out with chuuni spell chants and contracts.
>>
>>16031080
Demonbane was the shit
>>
>>16030954
The FSN game is much better than the anime. Give it a try and if you don't like it then you don't like it.
>>
>>16030715
decent franchise that attracted a lot of normies and now they're complaining that everything is too sexy
>>
File: 1304499933955.png (313KB, 452x559px) Image search: [Google]
1304499933955.png
313KB, 452x559px
kuso.
>>
I like reading about it but I don't want to play the games for some reason. Maybe it's 2chuuni4me or something. Maybe if they made a game that was about the types invading the earth or something.
>>
At least they didn't make Umineko.
>>
>>16030715
Nasu can't write shit.
I his ideas and concepts but he is a very terrible writer.
>>
>>16031699
I like*
>>
I honestly find Nasu to be an excellent and imaginative writer now, but since most of his latest work goes untranslated, people here are only familiar with Tsukihime and F/SN, which were both mediocre in terms of writing. He's gotten better over time.
Nasu's creativity is top class, but when other writers try to get involved in his universe, it can get pretty awkward.
>>
>>16030954
Gen urobuchi is hack.not Nasu
>>
>>16030715
Super awesome concepts and character designs.
Less than stellar, but serviceable writing that has generally gotten better over time.
Type-Moon-fags are less insufferable than Touhou-fags.
>>
They're fine. The writing leaves some things to be desired, but Nasu built up a fun world.

Just wish they'd quit milking Fate so hard and give Tsukihime some love instead.
>>
File: FuptNCU.jpg (422KB, 846x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FuptNCU.jpg
422KB, 846x1200px
>>16032262
Dead Apostles make an appearance in Fate Zero and strange Fake
>>
lucked out from pretty good worldbuilding where stupid but interesting stories can write themselves.
>>
File: fuck nasu.png (31KB, 601x186px) Image search: [Google]
fuck nasu.png
31KB, 601x186px
>>
>>16031767
>Implying that the fan-tls for nasu's work aren't shit
>>
>>16031852
Urobuchi is a chuuni genius.
Nasu is a chuuni Sell out.

Both are very talented.
>>
07thExpansion is better
>>
File: Sleepy Foxgirl.gif (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepy Foxgirl.gif
46KB, 640x640px
>>16030715
I liked the fighting games, but I suck at them. The mangas are pretty good too. I don't feel like playing the VNs.
>>
>>16030715
It's shit and I don't like it at all but for some odd reason I don't understand I keep reading Nasu's shit. I'm kind of fascinated how poor writer he is.
>>
>>16033447
It's astounding how he takes cool concepts and worlds and then utterly squanders them on chuuni bullshit.
>>
>>16034264
There's nothing wrong with chuunishit and I don't know what you expected from it given what it's about.
>>
>>16035472
Good chuuni instead of shit chuuni.
>>
File: IMG_9518.jpg (709KB, 1294x1835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9518.jpg
709KB, 1294x1835px
Love type-moon, they're not perfect but as a company come along way from Hentai visual novels.

My question for you guys is purely on an anime point of view do they owe a massive part of their success to Ufotable?
>>
It's shit, all of it.
>>
I love it.
>>
File: 1297976416152.jpg (76KB, 169x390px) Image search: [Google]
1297976416152.jpg
76KB, 169x390px
>>16030715
Awful.

Tsukihime was almost okay, but really, everything about what Nasu makes is just always awful. Nasu's universe is overly complicated and stupid, his plots are melodramatic and wildly inconsistent in tone, Takeuchi has not actually improved his art in years and is now in love with Saber. What interesting things could be done with Fate are so incredibly wasted that it's hard to believe, when the concept should be hard to fuck up. They are both hacks, shit company.
>>
>>16035739
Absolutely Ufotable literally bleeds money in it's animations without that its fair to say a lot of the work from Type-Moon would not look so good
>>
TYPE-MOON is messing around too much.
>>
File: Cjzts7cUoAAdOFM.jpg large.jpg (95KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cjzts7cUoAAdOFM.jpg large.jpg
95KB, 750x1000px
>>16041524
>>16030715
As far as i am concerned the only two things that make Type-Moon awful even though i like the series is

1. The overly obsessive fans that will battle you if you talk about one character being better than the other or just plain saying the character is great by having an opinion. They will pull out a really bizarre statsheet that is on one of the chan boards that talks about X Servent being better than Y Servent and go into really huge detail like D&D tabletop where it just is borderline silly. "Gilgamesh would have won because he has A rank everything!" that sort of stuff. It just makes me laugh because it prevents normal fans getting into the series when seeing that and it makes it look cringey.

2. Fate/Stay Night(not the old version). As much as fans want to lay claim of this anime being better than Fate/Zero in every aspect it just can not with me. After watching the anime i really hated when Shirou denies all reality in front of him and defeats Archer, when Archer beat Shirou in every respect on the beliefs. Where shirou just says "I will defeat you because im right" or the famous line "You might be correct but your not right" that really made me hate him as a protoganist even more than Shinji from Evangelion. There really was no point to it at all. As by that point the final battle was just me wanting the anime to end already even though i thought the visuals and the music was really well done. I agree with Gilgamesh fans that the ending was bad and was not adapted well from the Visual Novel whatsoever. But it still would not have changed my mind regardless.

Fate is a really good series but outside of Fate/Zero with Gen Urobuchi's writing. It might never become anything more than niche I can only hope Heavens Feel changes my mind because so far it has been disnteresting with both the really hardcore fanbase and Stay/Night.
>>
Well Fate is terrible but it's the only thing I played from them. Hope Tsukihime is better.
>>
File: 1401306122300.jpg (37KB, 396x436px) Image search: [Google]
1401306122300.jpg
37KB, 396x436px
>>16044536
Is this pasta?
>>
File: type reboot.png (45KB, 944x278px) Image search: [Google]
type reboot.png
45KB, 944x278px
>>16030715
I don't care for it anymore. It needs to die before it becomes the JP equivalent of zombie Simpsons. The fact it's mostly alternate universe/reboot shit kind of makes any kind of investment in continuity meaningless.

>>16032230
>Type-Moon-fags are less insufferable than Touhou-fags.
Depends on which ones you meet, because fuck did I meet some ultra cancerous moon-fags some time ago.
>>
I like FSN the novel and Fate Zero the anime and that's about it. Other FSN animes weren't great, Tsukihime was so crushingly dull I didn't get past the first route, and the rest of the mythos is so labyrinthine and incomprehensible that I can't be bothered with it.
>>
>>16044536
>overly obsessive fans
So literally every fanbase

>when shirou does something stupid
So all of stay night. Lets be honest here, he doesn't stop being a fuck up till the true route, and thats sorta the point.
>>
>>16045300
>dis nigga hasn't watched kara no kyoukai

you poor poor son of a bitch.
>>
File: 1304443335555.png (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1304443335555.png
80KB, 300x300px
Whoa... a TYPE-MOON thread with actual replies.

Is it cool to post and discuss TYPE-MOON on /jp/ again after all these years?
>>
>>16030715

Tsukihime and to a much larger extent F/SN influenced the eroge medium in a way that very few other titles have been able to do. Nasu's text was still rough and unpolished in those early works, but he seriously has improved and gotten much better as time has gone on. Games like CCC and Mahoyo make me hopeful for his future work, but T-M as a company seems to be overworked or poorly run and they can't seem to get anything out. I mean, how long has it been since Tsukihime remake was announced now? It has to be close to 5 years if not more.

On top of that, they also seem to be deadset on milking Fate until the end of time. I can't blame them since the series prints money and the setting has limitless potential for new stories, but I don't think its too much to ask for them to release something new or at least finish Mahoyo.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>16045361
>Every fanbase

I agree there is autism in every fanbase but you have to admit there are those crazies that exist out there.

>So all of stay night. Lets be honest here, he doesn't stop being a fuck up till the true route, and thats sorta the point.

Yeah but it doesent change his reasoning for being a hero anymore delusional. I hope your right on true route and Stay/Night was just trolling me.

>>16045300
dude find a way to watch Kara No Kyoukai i am telling you it is one of the best movie series. That is really underrated
>>
>>16045682
oh, of course. But literally every fanbase has those people that are so damned crazy about it that its strange. Extremists generally don't make up the whole of a group.

as for shirou, him being delusional is the point to both him and archer. Its a shit character setting, but comparatively to 80% of MC's nowadays, its about the best we've got. At the very least on the true route, he does some badass shit and has to get his delusional ass in gear.
>>
i've been interested since the first f/sn anime aired, but i never knew where to start. i downloaded the kara no kyoukai movies, but i don't know if it's better to watch those first or to read tsukihime.
>>
File: 33m4tw5.jpg (50KB, 850x577px) Image search: [Google]
33m4tw5.jpg
50KB, 850x577px
I do quite like Type-Moon but a lot of the criticisms towards it are extremely valid. Fan TL can ruin a lot of the writing and make the VNs almost comical, whereas Nasu's writings themselves aren't considered incredibly special.

The Fate series took a weird direction where the main character, Shirou, is portrayed as this mentally ill, traumatized idealist who holds contradictory beliefs and will go to insane lengths to achieve his goal of becoming a hero, all the while this is played completely straight and we're expected to relate with this moron.

This is a shame, especially considering he's one of the few non-angst type-moon protagonists. Unless you play the route where he gives up his ideals and dreams where he becomes an angst character.

Also, no one keeps a consistent character across the routes. In Fate / Stay Seiba may very well sell out Shirou for the holy grail whereas in UBW she has no problem with destroying it, going contrary to Fate / Zero and the previous route.

Rin is more forgivable since she does have a somewhat consistent character, the only change is in her relationship to Shirou.

Sakura is this cherry push over girl until her own route which is 80% angst and 20% dumb nasu shit. Here is a list of dumbshit from her route:-
1. Shirou has Archers arm surgically attached to him and this just works because reasons that we don't learn until the moment it was convenient.
2. A ',Shirou Can Kill Servants' moment in which he uses said arm to make one projection that can kill Dark Beserker without accounting for his NP, despite the fact that Archer was unable to defeat Beserker in Fate / Stay.
3. Gilgamesh being instakilled
4. NTR. Shinji rapes Sakura on occasion because of her erotic black hole status.
5. Assassin gets defeated somehow(?) and someone(?) is able to resummon(?) another servant for some reason(?) which is never explained how Assassin let this happen or why this wasn't done in the other routes.

Tsukihime is a lot better, but does have its own issues.

I just hope the art is the only thing they fucked up in Tsukihime remake.

Sacchin route when?
>>
>>16044536
>Shirou denies all reality in front of him
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>16053074
that he's inconceivably wrong.

He's literally looking at his own future and somehow he wins against an opponent that for all intents and purposes could have killed him at any time throughout their fight.
>>
>>16053095
Are you just reciting this from somewhere?
>>
>>16047006
Tsukihime
https://firedrop.com/380de3ecb41f86f6

Melty Blood Re-Act Final Tuned
https://firedrop.com/25426971907a4e09

Fate stay night [Realta Nua]
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7MNErwKxHu2R0tHTzlxUmRlVTA
https://mega.nz/#F!YsMExJRZ!VlBKuXGFC_I2O-sELqzmjA
realtapatch.tumblr.com/
>>
Type-moon is for plebs
>>
>>16053963
...says the peak pleb.

You should drop the hwabyung.
>>
I don't like it. It's works are mostly mediocre when it comes to writing. For the length of something like FSN, the work is largely shallow, and it feels like it could've been condensed.

The concepts are interesting, but you can say that for a lot of shit.
>>
...I turn my mind to steel
>>
>>16030715
I can only say Nasu is a fucking genius. People that hate Type-Moon are mostly contrarians.
>>
>>16030715

2 words:

Overrated

shit.
>>
Shit, right?
>>
>>16062631
It's shit.
>>
>>16030715
It's shit
>>
>>16062631
No.
>>
while we're on this subject, i just finished F/HA recently. anything else left to check out for fate/ after the F/SN, F/Z and F/HA?
>>
I feel like a lot of people in this thread dropped out of high school.
>>
>>16064480
wouldn't the more natural conclusion be that they're currently in high school
>>
I have not played any of their games. Should I?
>>
>>16045368

I feel like 99% of the people who shit-talk Type-Moon have never seen/read KnK. That series is so rich in nasulore it's practically required in order to understand/appreciate his other works.
>>
>>16064388
There are a shit ton of Fate/ spinoffs, anon. And they keep making new ones with no end in sight.
Extra and CCC, Prisma Illya, Apocrypha, Strange Fake... just take your pick.
>>
File: 1434539806774.png (641KB, 1205x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1434539806774.png
641KB, 1205x1032px
It's fucking sick mang
>>
>>16064990
I did check out Prisma Illya but it wasn't really my thing. ill check out the PSP games though thanks
>>
Love Type-Moon style art, and the anuses.
>>
>>16030715
07th expansion is better
>>
While I like Fate, Nasu is a lazy fucker and needs to finally finish some of the shit he's started like DDD and Mahoyo.
>>
Also while we are on the subject of Type Moon I would suggest Fate/Zero as the starting point and Kara No Kyoukai in the airing order rather than the episode order.
>>
>>16030715
Tsukihime > Fate/shit

There, I said it.
>>
File: 41610.jpg (81KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
41610.jpg
81KB, 600x386px
Say what you will but they do tsunderes right.
>>
>>16068279
>I would suggest Fate/Zero as the starting point
I would suggest that you're fucking wrong.
>>
File: 1189025620781.gif (29KB, 852x731px) Image search: [Google]
1189025620781.gif
29KB, 852x731px
>>16068300

obviously
>>
To this day I never played Fate/stay night
But I played Tsukihime and all its spin off fan disks

Should I bother?
>>
>>16073135
It's not like your time is worth shit.
>>
>>16073135
No.
>>
Type moon was fine until they took off and became anime superstars so fuck them.

I'll stick to Nitro+ because they have more personality in their shit and the still make eroge lol!
>>
>>16030715
How are people praising TM for character designs when they insist on using nothing but Saber faces for the main heroine? How is this acceptable?

Are people really that attached to that stupid girl? What's wrong with trying literally anything else once in a while?
>>
>>16075545
>What's wrong with trying literally anything else once in a while?
Takeuchi can literally only draw four faces.
>>
>>16076004
So do a lot of mangakas. So long as the design variety is kept fresh it will look cool. At the moment though Arc looks like red eyed Saber and Shiki Shirou. Akiha looks a bit like Aoko too- they better excel in their sprites to make them not look like clones.
>>
Could Caster teach a modern magus to be better at wizmanning?
>>
>>16031029
>Haven't read Fate/stay night but after watching UBW
>>
Akiha, Hisui, and Kohaku routes are some of the best VN routes, Heavens Feel is pretty good too as well as parts of UBW. F/HA is fantastic
>>
>>16035739
I mean fate was huge all ready.
>>
>>16079161
Didn't know reading fate was a condition to being an oldfag, good to know.
>>
>>16053026
>going contrary to Fate / Zero
>>
>>16068279
Tsukihime -> Kagetsu Tohya -> Melty Blood

Fate/stay night -> Fate/Zero -> Fate/hollow ataraxia
>>
>>16032230
>>16032262
This is such a simplistic and cynical view of things. Why bother making Extella? Why bother giving Extella 4 routes you have to complete in order like in FSN? First Extella is never going to make more money than FGO and second if his only concern was money then the plot wouldn't matter to him either.

If he really only cared about money why would he have changed his plans with FGO and stayed longer than he had planned to, in order to personally write the rest of the story?

I understand when people say they don't like what TM does now but this is such a lazily cynical view of things. It's like you don't want to see things objectively and just want to say "woe is me the world sucks everyone is greedy".
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.