[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

エロゲスレ/Untranslated VN General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 481
Thread images: 65

File: l.jpg (272KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
272KB, 1280x720px
Previous thread: >>15968060

This thread is for the discussion of untranslated Japanese visual novels.

What are you playing? What are you looking forward to? What have you finished? You know the drill.
>>
File: 19139.jpg (19KB, 256x300px) Image search: [Google]
19139.jpg
19KB, 256x300px
I never get the appeal of childhood friend heroines. They almost always get the blandest route in every VN they in, yet they consistently pops up on most VN, especially the slice of life genre. I wonder why.
>>
>>15994501
Readers find them moe.
>>
>>15994501
They're easy and inoffensive. A safe choice.

Unless you're Elf, of course.
>>
>>15994515
Every archetype is an easy, safe choice desu
I don't know why literary girls died out though
>>
>>15994501
How about childhood friend as a final boss?
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=t-I3wWfJLag
>>
>>15994501
Maybe members of the audience had a crush on/actually got cucked by real life childhood friends or something and are more accepting of it as a result
>>
>>15994515

"Offensive" heroines in moege? Nowadays? Not happening.

>>15994501

Most moege heroines are shit. Not even necessarily because of the heroines. Often simply because of the lack of an actual partner. MCs are way too often just a wall to bounce back the dialog of the girls. That's not working. For characters to shine you need other characters. Or, to me more precise: You need to subject them to various situations. A simple moege girl who only exists for mc-wall.. how's that gonna be memorable? Doubly so when they don't really interact with other characters or only to create shitty harem tropes.
What remains is just the archtype. And as far as I know, "childhoodfriend" isn't bound there. You've got your typical palette, from dere to tsundere. So in a typical moege it'd just be up to chance if the girl hits one of your liked archtypes. (and/or designs + voice)

And with that outa the way.. if you actually have the required features for characters being possible good, childhoodfriends aren't an exception. But I mean it should be obvious right? Realistically, if 95% of all heroines are underwhelming, 95% of all childhoodfriends are also underwhelming.
I'd rather ask why so many "main-heroines" are so bad, but that's ultimately because they are supposed to kinda work for the everyone, and that tends to fail by default.. not exactly rocket science: Try to please all somewhat -> Won't completely please anyone.

tl;dr: Childhoodfriends are as shit as "not childhoodfriends" on average.
>>
>>15994693
If you hate VNs why do you read them?
>>
>>15994849

Dude, it's pretty much in every medium that "most things suck" for you. And we still search for the pearl in the pile of garbage. Be it movies, music, books.. it doesn't really matter.
That's why people then follow authors, genres or artists and whatnot and not just grab a random thing and hope it'll work out. (or at least try to see what's it about and then go from there)
>>
File: 4b051bab.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
4b051bab.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
Anyone here played pic related?
What do you think of it?
>>
>>15995018
The main routes, as in sun and moon were good with Hanene and Hikaru, the true end was a bit iffy, but thematically good.
>>
>>15994501
I'm also not that interested in childhood friend heroines by default, but tsundere childhood friend heroines are my favorite archetype
>>
>>15994849
Not him, but

Started with VNs as a gateway into Japanese language, read a bunch of stuff, had a good time.

Then I realized how small the genre actually is and that I've probably already read everything that was worth it for me. Keep coming back to these threads through, hoping something interesting will pop up (it never does). Inertia.
>>
What's with this #denmo tag that I see on twitter that have eroge news? Is this some live streaming or something?
>>
Anyone with scans of the シンソウノイズ article in the current tech gian?
>>
>>15995586
https://twitter.com/denmokai

?
>>
>>15995668
Oh yes this one. So it's a weekly radio with eroge news, nice.
>>
>>15994581

Well, that was interesting.

>>15994693

>they are supposed to kinda work for the everyone, and that tends to fail by default

Then what traits that a main heroine should has, so she can be, at least, prefered by most of the readers? I can't see the easy way other than deliberately making other heroines unlikeable or not so friendly to the MC.

Or why using "Main Heroine" concept at all? What's the purpose of making one heroine receive better treatment and attention when the developers have other heroines to appease different preferences from the market? Doesn't make them less important will only make the readers that love those other heroines less likely to love and rate the VN high, compared to VNs that has no main heroine?
>>
>>15995719
>compared to VNs that has no main heroine?
Almost every single VN has at least one girl that's promoted more, cover girl or whatever you want to call her and always feels more like a main heroine than the rest.
>>
And that's that.

Final comments, it was definetly very enjoyable, but different than I expected and looked forward to. I would longer actual routes for the heroines other than Akari and some different background for Soujin. As is, the non-Akari routes almost feel like ends where something went wrong, with how tied Akari and Soujin are. And to be honest I don't think the game needed an enemy from two thousand years ago type of plot. I would be happy if was just Empire vs. Republic and explored from various angles in different routes.
>>
>>15995505
>I've probably already read everything that was worth it for me
I'm curious, how many VNs does that make? Because my backlog is fuck huge and I'm not even interested in moege.
>>
>>15995988
Not him, but I can see that happening to someone learning JP for a fetish or for something with particular art. Like, mind control has a couple of legendary games, but once you play 20ish you're pretty much out of actually good games. Or you could be interested in art which focuses on realistic proportions and body lines, but have trouble finding more.
>>
File: itadakimasu.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
itadakimasu.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Does she have a h scene?

please yes please yes please yes please yes...
>>
>>15996051
She's a heroine my friend, plenty of H-scenes.
I wouldn't recommend doing her route before Kotori's, though.
>>
>>15996051
Favorite girl right there, but I also made the mistake of reading her route before Kotori's.
>>
File: i.imgur.com_8gWexzA.jpg (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
i.imgur.com_8gWexzA.jpg
91KB, 640x480px
>>
>>15995719
>how to make a main-heroine

It's not that hard: First you stop thinking about "will people like her?!?" and then you write the story. Same should go for protagonists btw.

Sure there are probably some ironclad laws you may want to follow, but in general, the market isn't quite that unforgiving. There are plenty well liked protagonists with character out there, just like there are interesting enough main-heroines. Look at something like Leyline. (Though I don't think its main-heroine is the best girl of it, she is definitely one of the better characters and the protagonist is also certainly.. unique.. enough in a bunch of ways)
The reason why a lot of main-heroines are boring is also kind of because a lot of VNs are written very "safely". To the point they cling to conventions and "what works" without trying anything on their own at all. It's.. awkward.
Sure, they need to make money, but I don't think anyone but the big ones can get away with the heavy main-stream approach. And yet they try. It's like a small indie-studio is making their Call of Duty with the same linear levels, "mainstream plot" and so on and so forth, just nobody knows them and with much less budget. That's how it feels with a lot of eroge. And, strangely enough, several more known and bigger devs actually try to change things up a bit lately. (Moonstone, Purple..) Even though they could probably do the same as Yuzusoft and just publish typical moege and get away with it well enough. It's a weird situation.
>>
>>15996102
>First you stop thinking about "will people like her?!?" and then you write the story.
If people don't like her the game will sell worse and the developer will be in danger.
>>
>>15996106
Designing a character around appealing to get people to like her isn't necessarily going to make them likable.
>>
>>15996122
Sure, but if you lose sight of getting people to like her, then she's going to go off to pursue a career in music and everyone will boycott the company.
>>
>>15996082
I was disappointed it wasn't an actual line from the game.
>>
>>15995948
Just curious, did you have the same complaint about Eustia's route structure?
>>
>>15996102
Moonstone should change their engine to be less shit before they do anything else to he honest.
Inserting standard quality of life features is nice, except when they work like shit.
>>
>>15996339
Yeah. It feels like a bigger problem in Senmomo though. Caim and Eustia weren't tied as much as Soujin and Akari.
>>
File: 反語ぉっ.jpg (148KB, 816x639px) Image search: [Google]
反語ぉっ.jpg
148KB, 816x639px
Kizarov sure is a miracle of the universe. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1390698
>>
>>15996058
I read the whole novel and can't remember a single name and only 5-6 things about the story.
>>
>>15997776
Iris, Aoi, Kotori, Io, Makoto off the top of my head. Say what you like but the characters were fairly memorable. The story was more of an excuse to have an oni harem but it was competent so I didn't mind.
>>
File: asd.png (500KB, 634x618px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
500KB, 634x618px
>>
>>15997779
How the fuck could I forget kotori? she was the whole reason I read the novel.
>>
>>15997795
despite all the things happened to her
she is bland as fuck
cant blame yourself for forgetting her
>>
>>15997802
I remember everything about her route just not her name, also the M. Night Shyamalan twist, I saw it 10 miles away.
>>
File: toppic.jpg (410KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
toppic.jpg
410KB, 2000x1000px
http://products.web-giga.com/bhexe/
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (792KB, 1286x771px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
792KB, 1286x771px
I feel like I just switched to Monster Girl Quest.

That really doesn't say nice things about the protagonist. Not shitting on Luca, of course, but the protag is so goddamn flat that any kind of assertive sexual advances made on him feel like assault on a helpless victim.

He's definitely the weakest part of this VN by a long shot. If they replaced him with a towel had a smiley face drawn on it and was named Kyoichi, not a whole lot would change. Except for the part where girls falling in love with a towel and getting into emotional feuds with the other girls over it would be funny. I've read a few VNs with bland self-insert leads, but he's probably the blandest, largely on account of the fact that the girls are all over his dick from the word go.

They should have made Honda the lead instead.
>>
>>15998829
that's pretty soon
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (581KB, 1286x771px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
581KB, 1286x771px
>>15998844

Goddammit, this guy.
>>
>>15998829
The EXE cracks me up due to Force EXE

>>15998845
It's just gameplay add-on, those probably don't take too much time.
>>
>>15998829
>still promoting Tsukuyomi
Come on, promote Nagimeme.
>>
>>15998829
Wow that was quick.

Anyway, seems fair enough. The new FEIs look pretty nice. Definitely will play when it's out.
>>
File: Clipboard03.jpg (580KB, 1286x771px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard03.jpg
580KB, 1286x771px
>>15998844
>>15998869

Alright, I'll admit that his chasteness is breaking into funny territory this time.
>>
File: buttplug.jpg (422KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
buttplug.jpg
422KB, 1280x800px
So, tried Koikuma, as I was confused about Sekai translating it for Steam. Rushed through a route in like 3 hours and am still confused. It's pretty much a nukige, although it sometimes feels like it wants to be a moege as well, but... eh.

Overall I can't recommend this. The art is nice and all, but the story/writing and characters are pretty horrible. The voice-acting also doesn't help, way too much "been here, done that". It's all pretty stale.
So yeah, in the end for me reading this just made me know the (not exactly likeable) characters, which means the nice art won't do anything anymore. A shame, because the setting sounded decently fun. The execution is just.. well.. very mediocre nukige-tier.

I'd really like if Sayuri would team-up with someone who can actually sorta write at least. Say Yuzusoft-tier moege. Because as nice as the art is, this (and Nekopara, especially vol2) are just.. no.
>>
>>15999042
>It's pretty much a nukige, although it sometimes feels like it wants to be a moege
Yes, its one of these recently popular nuki-moe.
If you expect story or anything like that, you should stay away from them. That said, I kind of enjoyed Koikuma myself, some heroines are cute and there's no retarded drama getting in the way, and "doM reader"-factor is tuned to the minimum.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-21+at+02.15.59).jpg (291KB, 1286x748px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-21+at+02.15.59).jpg
291KB, 1286x748px
While its still enjoyable, this team definitely needed a sub male character imo, preferably a bro one like Subaru from tsuyokiss who helps mc instead of the classic breast breast types. It'd be a great fit and to be honest I'm feeling the lack of male characters at almost every scene or almost every event since they are 6 girls - one male team.
>>
>>15998829
Eh, it's just new weapons and arena mode standalone expansion.
>>
>>15999101
>no retarded drama

It's not much, but it isn't "none". And it's quite retarded and seems to be only there to be there, which is the worst kind. Really just like Nekopara, which isn't surprising as it's essentially the same guys. Routes may be different, but common already had some minor stuff and blond girl here definitely had some crap towards the end, which was rather heavily forced.

As for the nuki-moe, this is definitely way more nukige than normal moege nowadays. Sure it's vanilla, but the amount of scenes not at all related to something sexual are what.. maybe 10%-20%? That's not really moege-tier anymore I feel.
>>
Seems like a rerelease with the other Blue games is up on sukebei. Has anyone here read Triangle Blue? Not into NTR but I'm feeling adventurous, and it seems to be one of the NTR "classics". Is it an entertaining read?
>>
>>15994501

For me, the appeal comes from the fact that she knows and befriend the MC long before other heroines does, that she deserves to be with the MC more. The appeal gets doubled if the VN actually shows the backstory of the childhood friend relationship. Of course, this appeal would be lessened if the childhood friend trait appeared en-masse like in Majikoi, or if she was long gone that other non-childhood friend heroine actually spend longer with the MC, or if she's tsundere(Like, she knows the MC from a long time, why she's still treating him like a shit? Can't blame the MC if he hates her and jumped to other heroines that treats him better).

>>15999315

More VN needs a non-stupid non-perverted bro. And have him have his own love interest, if he can't get one of MC's potential love interest when the player doesn't pursue her. Good bros deserves better than just watching the MC gets his girl.
>>
>>15999651
>if he can't get one of MC's potential love interest when the player doesn't pursue her
This doesn't happen for a very clear reason. The player wouldn't want to go for the girl the other guy fucked on the second playthrough (and vice versa, having your first choice be fucked by him). It's just awkward. Other guys getting main girls only makes sense in a linear game without heroine branches
>>
>>15999651
Yeah definitely more vns need them, all the comedy gets better with those characters and story just flows better; like Tsuyokiss, Primal Hearts, Hanasaki, Racial Merge, Itokano, Sakigane generation etc etc. I'm not sure why some companies dont use such a simple method which will make their game better, Specially the "group of some friends" type games "definitely" need some male characters in them.
>>
>>15999651
>For me, the appeal comes from the fact that she knows and befriend the MC long before other heroines does
Literally the reason I don't like them to be honest
>>
>>15999651

Most typical eroge take place in high-school. If you want to make it believable that the MC is not yet together with their childhoodfriend, you probably need to pull the "they didn't meet for a long time" or something similar out.
Without some distance or a good reason why nothing happened with a childhoodfriend before, it just doesn't make any sense. Perhaps part of why so many suck, as that simple thing has not been taken into account well enough or the reason simply ends up too retarded.
>>
File: STEINS;GATE_2016-10-21_112709.jpg (559KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
STEINS;GATE_2016-10-21_112709.jpg
559KB, 1680x1050px
This is hitting hard. This game keeps getting better and better.
>>
File: death_flag.jpg (369KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
death_flag.jpg
369KB, 1280x720px
Stop deathflagging best girl, game. I don't approve of that.
>>
File: DANGER ZONE.jpg (154KB, 636x551px) Image search: [Google]
DANGER ZONE.jpg
154KB, 636x551px
>>16000426
Bestest girl by the widest margin, other girls can't even compare. Hope you're reading whichever of the five billion expansions has her route in it.
>>
>>16000426
>>16000485
Is Fortissimo the most chuuni eroge ever made?
>>
>>16000554
possibly? 聖鍵遣いのProposition could easily give it a run for its money though.
>>
File: bg1.jpg (292KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bg1.jpg
292KB, 1280x720px
>>16000485

The second (and last one), yes. There aren't actually that many, if you don't count the all-ages versions of some. The second one has an all-ages version (which is silly as the ero version can be played as one as well, while still unlocking the ero-stuff in the options), and I think the first re-release had also one.. but whatever.
That said, yes, best girl. I do quite like the cast and the other heroines could probably be best girl in many other VN, but this little devil is still miles ahead.

>>16000554

Dunno. Don't know that much of the genre. But I'd say more chuuni is easily possible.
>>
>>16000579
Enjoy her route then, it's almost literally Heaven's Feel minus the worms.
>>
Has D&Ds OST been uploaded somewhere? Or the singles?
>>
I need a VN with a 超生意気 heroine. Suggestions?
>>
>>16000620

Weird, she's more the Rin. A much more open Rin. But role-wise I kinda feel she'd fit that best. Still a ways off though. Not even done with the first play-through.

Though the Fate/Stay Night resemblances are really quite something. The one thing I really don't get is why Jin exists.. or rather why it's a guy. An Illya would've fit way better there, and if you gonna "copy", you may as well take all the good shit? Ah well.
>>
>>15999042
I tried to actually read that but didn't get very far before I got bored so I just DL'ed a 100% save to fap to Sayuri art. There's a lot of porn so I don't see why anyone would translate it for Steam (unless getting an ero restoration patch is the 前提).
>>
>>16000723
Kami no Ue no Mahoutsukai maybe
>>
File: 7653344322.png (467KB, 575x539px) Image search: [Google]
7653344322.png
467KB, 575x539px
>>16000723
Aisa from Puramai Wars
>>
>>16000554
Nah, it's fun but 11eyes and Dies are way more chuuni.
>>
>>16000901
>11eyes

Speaking of which, anyone tried Liber_7 trial?
>>
>>16000723
Namaiki Delation?
>>
>>16000938
I can't really say anything yet other than that lyrics in bgm is extremely annoying.
>>
>>16000992
Actually the bgm is ruining the game for me. I can't have it on.
>>
>>15999651
no thanks, I don't want ntr
also nice pic
>>
>>16000992
>>16001033
I wanna hear
>>
>>16001056
>what do the girls made of, what do the girls made of, what do the girls made of? sugar and spice

You don't want to hear it.
>>
File: 1447111643790.jpg (5KB, 126x111px) Image search: [Google]
1447111643790.jpg
5KB, 126x111px
>>16001085
>tfw I just heard
What were they thinking
>>
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=uKHlznqUXtg
Would have been better if it was an Ayane song.
>>
File: rip.jpg (853KB, 1280x2078px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
853KB, 1280x2078px
>>15999651
i like when MCs bro has a side character girl MC can't get anyway, pic somewhat related
>>
File: Yumeshima Oboro.png (149KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Yumeshima Oboro.png
149KB, 500x281px
>>16001329
Personally I like it when the bro character is gay for MC.
>>
>>16001329
What if they were to give MC's bro a fat/ugly/otherwise unconventional-looking girl?

It'd solve the whole 'but I wanna be able to fuck everyone and no one else is allowed to' wotaku mentality issue and also let your bros be happy.

I bet a double date scene in an eroge could be pretty fun. Girlfriend simulators are nice but what if you could have a girlfriend + friends simulator.
>>
>>16001525
They did that in Edelweiss.
>>
File: ntr.jpg (566KB, 1435x1611px) Image search: [Google]
ntr.jpg
566KB, 1435x1611px
>>16001329
I prefer to NTR them.
>>
File: font.jpg (413KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
font.jpg
413KB, 1280x720px
I can't believe this is the actual font they chose to go with as a default setting. I didn't see an option to change it in the settings but I presume there must be some way to do so because this is just awful. Reading text is the primary method of interaction with a VN, having a bad/weird font should be the most obvious blunder not to make, always.
>>
>>16001525
I like your idea a lot anon. I can definitely see it being more fun
>>
I don't see the point. If I signed up for a date it'd better be about the primary subject and not about extra fuckers ruining my moment of solitude. It's called a hangout otherwise and I wouldn't mind in that case.

Also if I liked a buttbuddy character, I'd want him to interact with MC and the others more, highlighting what made him so great in the first place instead of withdrawing into his own romance bubble which I'm guaranteed to give less of a fuck about compared to that of MC's because a) it's secondary b) it's not what I want to see from him.
>>
>>16001902
Well the obvious point of most moege/charage is to simulate an ideal high school experience. Otherwise most of them would just get to the point of dating/fucking the girl of your choice instead of having a 20 hour common route with all the characters. And to me the ideal high school experience is to have a balanced group of friends, not just a group of girls. Most of the time group dynamics work better as mixed gender, too many girls and it gets boring and stale fast, too many male characters (but when does this ever happen) and it becomes a sausagefest and makes the reader lose interest.
So in an ideal world, everyone should be happy and well off, including MC's best friend.
>>
File: Akatsuki and Kanade.jpg (363KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Akatsuki and Kanade.jpg
363KB, 800x600px
>>16001525
>What if they were to give MC's bro a fat/ugly/otherwise unconventional-looking girl?
Not really been a fan of that at least in the games I've played, especially if they make the bro's girlfriend a complete joke no real person would ever want to date. I wouldn't mind bros getting girls more often as it usually just makes me cheer for them, but for the rest of the pure love audience I guess one way of going about it would be to do it like KKK or Minori's ef, multiple protagonists each with their own heroine, though then the writer would have to work more and they'd probably lose the self insert blank slate aspect as well.

遥かに仰ぎ、麗しの had a good coworker bro character with his own proper heroine, and they tell very early that she has a crush on him, so it won't come as a blueballing surprise for the players. The pair even gets married.
>>
File: kanu.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kanu.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl7vJ-twnGU&t=0s
Anyone knows how to get these?

Also is there any more reward beyond Survival stage 75? The game stopped giving me reward after that, then it crashed after I reached 185, so now I have to start over.
>>
>>16001941
Unless the ending involves him being depressed and wanting to suicide, I'd consider him happy and well off.
>>
File: capture_017_19092013_221248.jpg (628KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
capture_017_19092013_221248.jpg
628KB, 1280x720px
Leyline series is one occasion where I've actually been a little mad about a bro not getting himself a girl. All the male side characters are likeable, and the second game introduces a new girl who the protagonist doesn't have any probable romantic involvement with. A plot point knits the said girl and one male side character closely together for the majority of the game, with both showing concern for each other and they instantly became my OTP, only for the third game to water it all down and nonchalantly add "oh well looks like he isn't actually interested in her that way ;)", probably because the developers didn't want to risk upsetting imouto loving fans despite the girl not being a fuckable heroine.

>>16001941
>And to me the ideal high school experience is to have a balanced group of friends, not just a group of girls
Girls Be Ambitious' had a good setup like this, and I'd be recommending it if not for the game ditching lighthearted comedy in favor of boring drama later in the actual routes. Protag's group consisted of him, his 3 male friends and a childhood friend girl, with the other three heroines attending the walled "rich kids only" part of the school.

In regard to bros finding love Erena route touched upon it nicely, though it's only a few lines in one scene or so and it's not like they follow it up later on. The heroine of the route basically sets up a meeting between her friends and the protagonist's group of friends so the rich and normal folk can socialize better, with the nerd friend, armed with his chuuni knowledge managing to strike up a conversation about Zoroastrianism with a well educated young lady. The girl is spriteless, but other CG in the game show that the spriteless rich girls are all practically pretties like the proper heroines. Not a big thing, but it really brought a smile to my face.
>>
>>16002189
People often joke that "ero is holding back eroge" in a sarcastic sort've way, but I really do think that the obsession with self-insert protagonists and all female characters existing in the context of being potentially fuckable by said protagonist really is holding back quite a few games from being especially good.
>>
>>16001941
>to have a balanced group of friends, not just a group of girls
I don't disagree to this. And I might just be good at avoiding the worse offenders, but most moege/charage I've looked at have a 3:5 male to female ratio at the very least.
As for being happy and well off, unless the best friend goes "a bloo bloo why don't i have a pussy" or wryly look at MC and his waifu as they walk toward the sun, he's well off in my book. The problem here is people assuming that's the end goal for every character but it doesn't work that way. If the character doesn't mind or care about it, then neither should I. And why stop at just the best friend? If EVERYONE should be happy, then should the girls who didn't get picked also have elaborate arcs detailing their journeys to find another dick to fill the void? This is a completely disastrous way to handle a story.
>>
>>16002310
>unless the best friend goes "a bloo bloo why don't i have a pussy" or wryly look at MC and his waifu as they walk toward the sun
That's pretty much the way it's handled in most cases in high school settings, at least from my experience. The protagonists' best friends are nothing more than hopeless buttmonkeys, and even when they aren't completely retarded they mostly exist just to tell the protagonist how awesome he is for being popular with so many girls and being a repeating リア充爆発しろ record.
>>
>>16002336
Also
>And why stop at just the best friend? If EVERYONE should be happy, then should the girls who didn't get picked also have elaborate arcs detailing their journeys to find another dick to fill the void? This is a completely disastrous way to handle a story.
it's not like there exists a black and white slippery slope where "only the protagonist can have love interests" and "everyone in the game fucks someone by the end" are the only possible extremes with nothing in between. No one is suggesting the latter from some sort of silly principle. It's more about fleshing out otherwise bland friend characters, especially in a high school setting where the friends are also looking for love instead of the writers always falling back on the same few recycled cliche archetypes. To me, and I assume many others too it's a question about making the high school setting and stories dealing with groups of friends more relatable, and you don't have to veer into NTR to do that.
>>
>>15999315
I hope they realize this and fix it in their next game, just like how SMEE fix the lack of bros in PurexConnect in Kanojo*Step, and make it multiple times better than PurexConnect. The sperm observation scene was funny as heck.
>>
>>16002215
Nah, fuck that. Thank you nips for not going with that route. I'm all for having bros in game, but they should not have one of the heroines. They can have some faceless girl if they want.
>>
>>16002445
>heroines
That's the problem, it's not a heroine it's just a female character.
>>
>>16002456
75% of the time I want to fuck the just a female characters more than the heroine.

I think I could live with a fandisc where you play as said bro and go with those side characters.
>>
>>16002473
Yes yes of course. You're a dude. You want to fuck every hot girl, and girls are hot by default in anime. If the girls are going to be unfuckable anyway due to CG and script budget constraints, or whatever, having them have their own lives and relationships as side characters isn't a problem.
>>
>>16001329
How are you liking that game anon? I only played one route, and it was decent but I probably only enjoyed it because it was my favorite girl.
>>
>>16002444
Unrelated, but I liked how the childhood friend in PurexConnect actually felt like a -friend-.
>>
I forgot the title of a certain game I decided I wanted to play due to some anon's posts in these threads a few months back.

It had a fantasy setting, lots of characters and had recently received a new version that added a significant amount of new content.Not sure if it added H too or if it was the other way around. As for structure I think it was divided in chapters and had a total of at least over 20.
Sorry it's somewhat vague but it's all I got. Could someone help me out?
>>
>>16002622
Here's a shot in the dark
https://vndb.org/v16459
>>
>>16002682
Nope, not that one. Thanks for trying though.
>>
File: high class prostitutes.jpg (152KB, 806x631px) Image search: [Google]
high class prostitutes.jpg
152KB, 806x631px
Dear Japan, thank you for the sluts, I like them a lot. Please make more.
>>
>>16002622
Found it myself by trudging through a warosu search of the word "events".
It's https://vndb.org/v13188
>>
>>16002622
Sengoku Koihime, the original all ages version had like 22-23 chapters while the new one has 31+8 so definitely play the X version. Well since they added h-scenes later some of those feel a little out of place while some of them already planned at the original version, you gotta deal with that.
>>
File: bad font.jpg (35KB, 363x78px) Image search: [Google]
bad font.jpg
35KB, 363x78px
I feel shallow but I'm dropping this game based entirely on the unchangeable font
>>
So I've been playing Tsuushinbo and was having a good time so far, but I got a new laptop (whose specs are far superior to the old one in every way) and now the text lags on the new laptop pretty badly. The old one was windows 8 and this one is windows 10, is it likely that that is the issue?
>>
>>16003118
>The old one was windows 8 and this one is windows 10, is it likely that that is the issue?
No
>>
>>16003171
Hmm well I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world but I figured if the laptop is better then the likely problem would be the OS. Anyone have any ideas to fix text lag?
>>
>>16003110
That is a pretty awful font. What game?
>>
>>16003243
https://vndb.org/v19293
I've scoured the config screen thrice and there's no dedicated setup executable, so I'm figuring there's simply no way to change it.
It's not unreadable, I can distinguish the characters fine, but the idea of reading tens of thousands of lines with it is just unpleasant.
>>
>>16003255
What a shame. It looks pretty good too.
>>
>>16003261
I know, right? I thought the screenshots were like Kanishino trolling or something, but no. It must not be too bad since I haven't seen a single review, western or EGS, referencing it but there it is.
>>
>>16003118
>>16003177
I fixed it by running it with my GPU. As I said before, I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, but should I have to use my GPU in order to get a VN to run the way it should? I mean the problem is fixed, so that's nice, but it makes me wonder if something is up with my integrated graphics.
>>
So I decided to read the second Tsuyokiss VN but before that, a question about the first. I never played Yoshimi's route because yandere, but why does her route have a threesome ending or whatever? And with Erika at that, the girl who is probably least into Leo.
>>
>>16003328
She is not complete "yandere" though, at least she doesn't do things like stabbing people or threating them etc. Personally I'd recommend to play her route since its pretty interesting and one of very few of her kind in the eroge industry.

There isn't a threesome ending in her route, just a threesome avoidable h-scene I forgot the exact choice, but if you keep choosing positive things about erika in the Yoshimi route she gets jealous and wants to show you how Erika isn't pure at all, can be as lewd as yoshimi. So she trickes / forces erika to have sex with you.

Its like half rape, Erika didn't agreed but she could kick out yoshimi if she wanted to do so. she didn't because apparently she wanted to get rid of her virginity and it was a good chance.
>>
>>16003110 >>16003255
> better drop game you was interested in than risk being labeled as pleb for using text hooker
>>
>>16003410
Reading the text in an external program sounds even worse. The font isn't that bad.
>>
>>16003406
What do you mean by few of her kind? I've got a very low tolerance for yanderes and don't even like most clingy/jealous girls so I'll need a little more to go on than that.

I wasn't really sold even on her normal personality, mind you. I'm open to trying it though if her route does something interesting.
>>
File: HG061000.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HG061000.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>16003424
Well more than "yandere" she just have some kind of trust problems because of her past and body issues, but still trust in the mc and just tries to not losing him. She also respect his choice unlike the yandere types, as you know she doesn't do anything if he chooses another girl as his girlfriend, just swallows her love.

She might a little clingy tho since the mc is the only important person for her in her life so you still might not enjoy her that much. Her breakdown scene was great as fuck though.
>>
>>16003422
>Reading the text in an external program sounds even worse.
It's not too bad actually, especially if you have a 23 inches or larger monitor. I used to do that with some games that use fonts that are either terrible or too small to read. I haven't done that again for years though.
>>
>>16003461
Maybe I will give it a try then. It just sounds annoying to have the text in a separate window. I thought hooking was for easy copy-paste
>>
>>16003493
You can have it overlay game's text window with hookers like VNR.
>>
File: 200 cleared.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
200 cleared.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
Doesn't seem to have anything left to get. Guess it's about time I pick another game to play.
>>
>>16003449
I think most yandere heroines I've seen only make a fuss about it in their own routes, probably because they'd be really obtrusive if they were always getting in the way.
>>
>>16003597
Yeah but she doesn't say anything even when Erika (her best friend who promised to help her) become mc's girlfriend.
>>
Ham Ham Softs site is a pain to navigate and loads forever on my toaster. Can someone post the direct download link to the Low Spec trial please? Thanks
>>
>>16003787
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=888542
>>
>>16003800
Well, I'm dumb. Should've checked there, thanks.
What's the "SLG" trial thing anyways? I opened both and it seems 200 MB smaller.
>>
Can anyone tell me about the Low series? Is it just loli nukige or is there some good icha?
>>
File: hot dog.png (1MB, 1282x747px) Image search: [Google]
hot dog.png
1MB, 1282x747px
Well, this went weird.
>>
>>16004310
Is she wearing a cardboard hotdog costume?
>>
Is the Angel Beats project dead?
>>
File: cute.jpg (180KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
180KB, 1280x720px
>>16002483
it was brought up a few threads ago and i got interested in it only because of the daughter and she hasn't disappointed at least, otherwise the magic is probably the weakest part of the story and could have been left out and nothing would have been lost. i only started on my first route and kinda stopped mostly from being busy and playing other games simultaneously but i like all of the heroines for the most part and will get back to it
>>
>>16004400
Maeda is about to die, he is waiting for a heart transplant if I'm not wrong. If he can recover probably they'll continue, but definitely not any time soon.
>>
>>16004812
he got operated and fell for his nurse.
Also he doesn't work for Key anymore so don't expect more Angel Beats
>>
>>16004969
>Also he doesn't work for Key anymore so don't expect more Angel Beats
Source? I remember his tweets which was saying that he is looking forward to return key as soon as possible.
>>
>>16004986
He said he was free recently, check his twitter
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-22+at+10.25.04).png (12KB, 522x137px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-22+at+10.25.04).png
12KB, 522x137px
>>16004990
Are you sure? I checked like last two months of his tweets but couldn't see anything like that, other than this which is from like 5-6 hours ago. Also I couldn't find any news like that from google as well so I'd really appreciate a source.
>>
Anyone here played Dungeon of Regalias?

I'm interested in opinions of the gameplay.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-22+at+10.36.29).png (15KB, 592x228px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-22+at+10.36.29).png
15KB, 592x228px
>>16004990
>>16005022
>>16004990
>>16005022
Okay just found it after digging a little more.

He didn't say that he is not working for key though, as you can see he's still in the VisualArt's building. Probably he is still working for the key but currently dont have any jobs to do because of all shitstorm going on at the company, so searching something to work meanwhile.
>>
>>16005048

If you are fine playing a crawler where pretty much solely the level matters and hard-mode gets beaten by grinding (and only that), it's fine. Otherwise, stay away.
Kinda unfortunate, as the dungeon exploration is kinda fun. It even has somewhat the FOE from Etrian, enemies you can't beat (and are stronger than the next boss) so you gotta move around them and come back a little later. But what can you do.
>>
Off topic but there is a new Light Novel thread. I'm guessing the communities overlap a bit and some people only visit this thread, so check out the catalog if you're interested. Would be nice to get more untranslated discussion flowing there.
>>
>>16005060
I understand that message as: I am currently looking for a job, if you want to know why go ask VA

The fact that he says he has nothing to do despite supposedly working on AB is pretty telling
>>
>>16005342
Well that's a misunderstanding I'm afraid
>>
>>16005342
>if you want to know why go ask VA
No, you should work on your japanese.
He's just saying that his contact info is as follows (VA building, their telephone number).
>>
>>16005342
As >>16005346 said probably you are misunderstanding that, since his office is still in the VisualArt building and there isn't a single news about him leaving the key, I'm sure most of the bloggers would jump into that.

Most likely he needs some money because of the all hospital charges, but currently doesn't have any job to do in key because of all shitstorm, so he wants to do something small in meanwhile which will get him some money in a short time.
>>
>>16005381
>because of all shitstorm
What's happening? Hinoue Itaru leaving?
>>
>>16005461
The staff pretty much didn't do any work for almost two years because of maeda's health problems and they're pretty much penniless because of that. Apparently VA's not giving any proper response and just avoiding them didn't help either. Itaru left because of this if I'm not mistaken, and of course that made things just worse.
>>
>>16001893
It's pretty readable, not sure I'd want to look at this font for hours though
>>
>>16005894
>not sure I'd want to look at this font for hours though
Yeah, that's my problem. It's not unreadable but I don't want to read it for extended periods of time.
>>
So I'm playing あけいろ怪奇譚. Just to be sure, you can go down ベルベット's route without having to do all the other routes first, right? I've filled out pretty much every possibility on that flow chart except other character's route, but at the end Kana can never find Nozomi-Senpai and I just get that bad end.
>>
>>16004579
Yeah I would agree with that the magic was pointless. If you end up pushing through it make sure to post your thoughts here if you have the time.
>>
File: ev_c13ex.jpg (81KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ev_c13ex.jpg
81KB, 1024x576px
I'm a slowpoke and just finished the true ending of Steins;Gate. It was definitely a ride. At first, I disliked Kurisu since the tsundere part of her personality seemed really tacked on but by the end I was cheering for her and definitely wanted her to have her good end. Also war-hardened Suzuha was pretty damn cool. I have to admit seeing Moeka not suffering in the end was sickening. After all she was the one who killed Mayuri and made everything grueling for Okabe and the rest, but I understand he's too forgiving and nice of a guy to shun her. Other than that the ending was so satisfying, not something I'm used to expecting from endings. Going to start Steins;Gate 0 tomorrow. I hope they actually tried and it's not only some cash-in bullshit that lacks all the elements that made the original good.
>>
So I started reading Tsuyokiss 2 and realized I want a Tonfa route much more than to see the old heroines get new routes or whatever this VN is supposed to be.
>>
>>16007048
I think the idea is that holding Moeka accountable is about as meaningful as holding her gun accountable and making IT suffer. She's just some weak little idiot who fulfilled the role she was given and could have (and occasionally was) replaceable by anyone or anything. Plus the obvious in that she hasn't ACTUALLY hurt anyone and probably never will.
>>
>>16007109
The thing is a gun isn't a conscious, sentient being. She chose to stop thinking and obey orders from someone she doesn't even know, but that doesn't relieve her of responsibility. It wasn't like it was a one time thing either "whoops, I accidentally killed another person I'll never do it again", it's shown time and time again that she had the strong will to follow through with murder.
At the very least I don't think they should be friends with her. That's too much.
>>
>>16007132
Well, I'll agree on the latter since you'd think Okabe would at LEAST be awkward around her but then go ahead and gives her a badge. Still, as far as the present timeline goes, nobody was hurt and nobody WILL be hurt.

Also, why are you saying this about Moeka but not Mr Braun or Nae?
>>
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=6SiUmu7NRSQ
Now that's hardcore.
>>
Is there ways to change font if the game doesn't offer it natively? I want to change Nanairos because it's a bit too thick.
>>
>>16007809
Might be possible in registry for some games, I guess.
>>
File: easy mode.jpg (169KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
easy mode.jpg
169KB, 1024x768px
>>16007809
just a matter of how difficult it is. some games store font data in the exe or system file that requires hacking or hex editing and some have it in a simple config type file that you can easily change with notepad. haven't seen a game save it in registry yet but that's always possible too
>>
>>16007859
I know kanishino and at least some of the old caramel box games had the font stuff in registry.
>>
File: 1476946787363.png (31KB, 586x236px) Image search: [Google]
1476946787363.png
31KB, 586x236px
>>16007859
No config file I think... I'm probably too dumb to hack anything so I'll have to live with it I guess
>>
>>16007881
If you can't find a way to edit the fonts I guess you'll have to use agth or vnr. So you can read them easily.
>>
File: easy_font.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
easy_font.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>16007974

Nanairo doesn't have that bad of a font, based on vndb. It's super readable. Not like pic related or something. (which is not the normal font of the game, but for whatever reason is used in little intermissions like this.. mostly voiced, but not always) And not like you can hook everything either.

Luckily most games use fonts you don't have to worry about.
>>
>>16008036
argh fuck my eyes

Which VN is that from? I need to know not to put it on my backlog.
>>
>>16008036
It's not really about it being unreadable, I just don't like the thickness that much. And some denser kanji have the radicals blend into each other because the font isn't fine enough. It's not bad enough for me to research hacking stuff or whatever, but it would have been nice if they offered an easy way to change it.
>>
Who is the most universally hated heroine in eroge? Besides Saimon Tamaki
>>
>>16008084
Sumika was really disliked from what I remember.
>>
File: worst.jpg (233KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
worst.jpg
233KB, 816x638px
>>16008084
Is there anyone who likes Chisato from Koichoco?
>>
>>16008099
What? Chisato was what made Koichoco so good, her breakdown scenes in every route as she gets rejected were amazing.
>>
>>16008084
That one bitch imouto from Duel Savior? I have never seen anyone defend her, even to troll.
>>16008089
If you mean Muv Luv, she has a lot of fans for some reason I've never been able to understand.
>>16008099
Yes. Again, weirdos.
>>
>>16008104
Well I mean yeah, the best parts of the game were when she gets rekt. It feels great because she's such a horrible heroine.
>>
>>16008112
I found it even more frustrating, personally. It's not even your route, girl, stop making everything about YOU and let me read this subpar VN.
>>
File: who_is_alice.jpg (263KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
who_is_alice.jpg
263KB, 1280x720px
>>16008044

Hapymaher, though again, this isn't the actual way the game looks. (pic related is normal)
There are a grand amount of maybe 50 lines like this in the game, it only happens before chapters and is usually voiced. (and also just really some flavor) Dunno why they chose a font like that there, but whatever. I actually thought for the longest time you aren't really supposed to read it and they voiced it for that reason.. till I hit unvoiced ones. Oh and it auto-advances. Regardless of voiced or not.. probably a movie-file. Fun stuff.
>>
>>16008099
osananajimi that abuses MC with violence, no.
>>
>>16007881
under C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Roaming\SilkysPlus\nanairo\save
open nanairo.xml in notepad and change MS ゴシック to MS 明朝

>>16007875
that's interesting, thanks
>>
File: nanairo2.jpg (126KB, 1280x360px) Image search: [Google]
nanairo2.jpg
126KB, 1280x360px
>>16008191
wrong picture
>>
>>16008191
>>16008217
Oh shit, I love you! Thanks. Looks much better now.

On that note, what are everyones favorite fonts in eroge?
>>
Shout out to the anon that told me to read Koi de wa Naku. That was a quality drama. Hayakari is a pretty good writer, as far as eroge standards go.
>>
File: 1475124105608.png (117KB, 231x344px) Image search: [Google]
1475124105608.png
117KB, 231x344px
>>15996127
Koi x Shin Ai Kanojo was a quality game with good art and a great soundtrack that had the balls to end in a somewhat realistic fashion and the japs fuckin rioted over it.
>>
>>16008253
>quality drama
How does this work?
>>
>>16008286
?
>>
>>16008294
Drama is unpleasant.
>>
>>16008099
>>16008104
>>16008112

Wait, a tsundere heroine that gets rejected and breaks if she doesn't get chosen by the player? This got my interest. Can you guys describe what the scene is like? Did her treatment to him gets better after the rejection? Any other VN with similar scene where tsundere heroine gets rekt'd?
>>
>>16008296
If you're a dumb moebuta maybe.
>>
>>16008286
I guess he means situations that are described in a realistic way and feel believable rather than just "oh no harmless loli just die pls feel sad" kinda writing which usually isn't very subtle
>>
>>16008303
She doesn't get rejected directly usually, the protagonist just starts dating someone else and because she's insanely jealous and entitled she gets pissed and throws a shitfit. In one route, she slaps her best friend for sort of dating the protagonist, in other she tries to clumsily seduce him, in another she throws an absolute tantrum and basically shatters the entire group dynamic with her pettiness.

In the fourth route she's like 'Well okay I guess I understand. Ah well, what can you do."

Oh and her issue with it isn't that she's tsundere, it's that she's fucking crazy.
>>
>>16007088
Tsuyokiss 3 has one, Not as long as main heroines' routes but still at least there's one.
>>
>>16001085
>>16001188

please upload or link to this track i have to hear it
>>
>>16008497
https://instaud.io/ApT

Ignore the cicadas
>>
>>16008523
This and another track with lyrics seem to be the standard nichijou bgm. It's running almost all the time. I can only speak for myself, but it's distracting to the point where it's impossible to read anything.
>>
>>16008523
This is awful. It's stuck in my head.
>>
Fuck me I don't know where I should get Re:Lief now, since Trader doesn't have any copies left. So should I choose sofmap, getchu or ampnet for the tokuten?
>>
>>16009227
sukebei.nyaa.se, eroge devs don't deserve your money
>>
>>16009286
Too bad I just gave them my money.
>>
>>16009227
ampnet
>>
>>16009227
Oh shit it's out already? Gotta hurry up and clear that backlog then, I've been looking forward to that one.
>>
>>16009531
On Friday, like every other game.

But there's not much this month. Sora no Tsukurikata maybe.
>>
>>16008253
read Gunjou after Koinaku
>>
>>16009467
Well I choose getchu mostly because I'm at least sure that my pre-order will go through.

>>16009531
No, but most stores won't accept any pre-orders for the game anymore.
>>
>>16005234
>>16005048
Speaking about eroge dungeon crawlers, are there any games with fun gameplay and good itemization/loot? I'm new to that genre.
>>
Any Eushully fan can tell me, which of the last three Ikusa Megami games has the best gameplay? (aka the one I'd play first of that series)

It's the only series left from them that I'd be interested trying, but don't really want to randomly pick the one with the worst gameplay and as such miss a good game or something.
>>
>>16010201
As far as eroge dungeon crawlers go, Gears of Dragoon 2 has one of the best systems around. It's really high up in my books overally all games included too in how much I had fun with its system. And despite its name you don't need to play the first GoD to paly the second one too.
>>
>>16010259
Zero
>>
>>16010260
Looks like fun. Thank you.
>>
>>16010259
Playing IM for gameplay is terrible idea.
Go play Zero, its pretty much same shit in all of them but at least IMZ is proper starting point for the story.
>>
>>16002215
Oddly enough Rance of all series is a rare one with male characters getting their own girls.
>>
>>16008305
Drama is cliched and forced. You don't even need to be a moebuta to see this.
>>
>>16010455
You do have to be braindead though. It's the same as saying any other genre is cliched and forced. "Romance is cliched and forced" "Fantasy is cliched and forced" etc. A genre itself can't be "cliched and forced", it's the writing that dictates that.
>>
>>16010459
Nobody was talking about the genre, though. It's common knowledge that the japs can't write drama right most of the time. If drama still manages to impress you you need to expand your reading history to more than 10 works.
>>
>>16010465
This. If you enjoy or are impressed by anything except philosophical treatises such as those written by David Hume and Immanuel Kant, you're just poorly read and/or dumb.
>>
>>16010465
What? Everyone was. The first post started with "That was a quality drama".
But I guess you're trolling apparently with your followup. Or at least I hope you are. I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt here.
>>
>>16010477
>This. If you enjoy or are impressed by anything, you're just poorly read and/or dumb.
Here I fixed that for you.
>>
>>16010479
You are aware "that was a quality drama" was talking about one game's drama, "drama is unpleasant" was about general drama, and I was following up a reply to the latter, right?
>>
>>16010312

Terrible idea because of a ton of story, or because the gameplay is bad? I don't care about using the skip-button here or there.

To me Eushully games have shit stories. (after playing a good 10 hours of Kamidori, Soukoku no Arterial and a full 80hour playthrough of Kami no Rhapsody, whose saving grace was that it essentially had no main-story aside of the beginning and end I suppose) Which is also why I don't care about a "good story start". It's rather unlikely I'll like the (main)-story anyway, if anything then some characters and their sub-story or whatever.
All three games share a certain.. style. And some of the writers of these games also worked at some of the Ikusa Megami games. So I'm just hoping for good gameplay and some likeable characters here and there maybe. Which.. to be completely honest, is how I go at all rpgs by now. Finding a good rpg with a good story is almost impossible nowadays. Eroge or not.
>>
How much time of studying Japanese did it take you guys to get to a level were VNs are no problem for you?
>>
>>16010580
2.5 years for understanding most everything without issue.
>>
>>16010580
1.5 years for understanding most everything without issue.
>>
>>16010580
This is not the thread for language discussion.
>>
>>16010580
0.5 years for understanding most everything without issue.
>>
>>16010585
Thanks
I'm not quite there yet but that gives me some confidence
>>
>>16010580
I didn't even need to study.
>>
>>16010580
15 days for understanding most everything without issue.
>>
>>16010580
3 hours for understanding most everything without issue.
>>
>>16010580
I've been born 10 seconds ago and can understand most everything without issue.
>>
>>16010580
0.025 hours for understanding most everything without issue.
>>
>>16010661
kek
>>
>>16010580
>>>/a/djt
>>
>>16010580
I just ate raw brains of native japaniz, and bam! instant nihongo noryoku.
>>
>>16010504
Because gameplay alone is very boring. If you skip story, there's just endless grind with very simple system which you will leave on auto most of the time. There are some challenges here and there, and it forces you to experiment with different party setups, but almost every time answer is to grind more and raise your level higher.
IMZ is so highly rated because of huge and interesting story spanning many hundreds of years on huge continent, with loads of grimdark shit. If Dir-Lifna world and Serika-chan misfortunes are of no value to you, I don't think you will enjoy any IM game.
>>
>>16011571
I think it's important to note that plenty of people find grindy gameplay enjoyable.
>>
>>16011571
>>16011750
If the gameplay is around the same level as Kamidori I'd probably enjoy it. If the writing is around the same level as Kamidori I'd probably hang myself.
>>
Is Renai0 Asa project's best game?
>>
>>16011916
No to both of those. The gameplay is more basic and lacks the crafting aspect for example but the story was rather compelling after a very slow start. Play something else if it doesn't grab you.
>>
File: 1486_c_4.jpg (19KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486_c_4.jpg
19KB, 250x300px
When?
>>
>>16012288
Nah all of their recent games are approximately the same quality, I really dont think any of their game as a "best".
>>
Tsuyokiss 2, going through the new heroine route first because why not. Do I get to look forward to this turtle being killed and eaten?
>>
>>16011571

Dunno if I can take this seriously though. Vndb doesn't list voices for male characters, so I'd assume it's voiced like Soukoku no Arterial for example. As in only females. As in absolutely horribly. It's just so weird when a bunch of guys discuss shit and this one female happens to be voiced in the scene. For a story based game, this choice is mind-boggling dumb. It's what you can do in porn-games that know they only offer porn. But this?

And then there's some story-elements Eushully seems to like. I guess the best way to say this is, that their story-telling is kinda stuck 20-30 years in the past. But unlike then when the story was just a minor excuse to make you play the rpg, they now fully write a "story" around that, which ultimately is still nothing else than back than though, just way more time-consuming. Not like all other rpgs do this so much better. But still. I personally don't like this approach. If you write a lot of text for a story, I feel like the old shallow good vs. evil is just not going to cut it. I've seen some tinges of grey in Kami no Rhapsody at some points, but it ultimately didn't matter.
Dunno how IM is there in general, but let's just say I'm a bit doubtful. Silly demon designs seem to be something they like, based on Soukoku no Arterial and Kami no Rhapsody. And those are absolutely evil because they are demons, right? Well, I'm sure some like that approach.

That said, I guess if I start with the series, I'll go with Zero then. Good to know that there doesn't seem to be some standout game among these. Kinda was my hunch that it'd be the best idea, but thanks for confirming it and writing a bit about how the games "work" and what people like about it.
>>
>>16011916
New Eushully games are pretty shit storywise(Madou was the only decent one and it had so much wasted potential) and lately even gameplay.

Ikusa Megami series I'd say are far above anything Eushully has released in terms of story/worldbuilding.
>>
>>16013135
>And those are absolutely evil because they are demons, right?
No, majins will actually become core of your party in IMZ and Nabelius/Rita combo are best heroines in entire series.
Ikusa Megami is all but "black and white", Serika himself is outright blamed for genocide in various places of the world and pronounced "jashin". "Dark side doesn't mean evil, Light doesn't mean good and right" is major theme of series.
>>
>>16007000
it could be months before i finish all routes though
>>
>>16012337
in your dreams
>>
Iam reading スキとスキとでサンカク恋愛 trial and this seems the most boring Asa Project game so far. It's 90% normal moege slice of life with 10% gags, as opposite of other titles which have over the top comedy with over the top main and sub characters every scene from the start.
>>
>>16014489
Meh all their games are shit but apparently those shit games have a market so they're gonna keep making them.
>>
>>16014549
Actually I really liked their gags, if their new game doesnt have them just as >>16014489 said it'll be probably worst title from them, since without comedy I'm not sure what would be their selling point.
>>
>>15994996
This guy has the right idea, in any media your are not going to like the vast majority of it. Think about how much music you dislike, does that mean you hate music? No, just that most music is shit. This will be true of most things subjective to one's own tastes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 495x174px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 495x174px
Will August follow?
>>
>>16014893
>No, just that most music is shit.
Who made you the gatekeeper of what music is good?
>>
>>16014930
>This will be true of most things subjective to one's own tastes.
>>
>>16014930
Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is shit.
>>
>>16014925
If they do I hope they drop Bekkankou.
>>
>>16014925
After senmomo, I have little hope in them pulling a plot-driven title, so let them embrace porn.
>>
>>16015014
Why would they drop one of their founding members? He's just served his years and Natsuno Io is taking the reins.
>>
How many chapters does Sona Nyl have again? 6 or 7?
>>
>>16015089

>>
>>16010580
don't know read stuff like pokemon, phoenix wright in jap and eventually got to reading with almost little issues. still run across some odd wording and words i dont know like a word i dont know like 不整脈 which i didnt even know the english word
>>
>>16015678
>words i dont know like a word i dont know like...which i didnt even know
>>
>>16015687
?
yeah i didnt know what arrhythmia was
>>
>>16015678
>>16015710
>he didn't read katawa shoujo
>>
>>16016201
We should applaud him.
>>
>>15994693

We need more protagonists as interesting as Caim.
>>
File: 2016-10-24-201704.jpg (114KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-24-201704.jpg
114KB, 960x544px
Man this whole scene had my sides hurting. I love how aquaplus can mix in scenes like this with the real serious stuff. I just read the part where haku meets his older brother. That whole scene was perfect and right in the middle of it is haku's brother not remembering his own brothers name. I honestly felt bad for The Emperor. It made me tear up when he started talking about the loneliness he felt.

Can you imagine such loneliness? A whole nation at his command, a harem of his choice from all the finest girls in yamato, all the kemonomimi girls he could eat, all the splendors, pleasures, food, gold, wine, all wonders of an empire and it could not fill the void left in his heart by his failing to save humanity and family.
>>
>>16016426
>>16016444
Damn I really need to get a Vita. I loved the original Utawarerumono and want to play the sequels pretty badly.
>>
You can pirate on the vita now if that is your thing, or check youtube. You can also buy the game pretty cheap from used games sites. I also am very angry at myself for not reading it sooner. I don't want to be hyperbolic but I think it might be better than the first. I am not done yet but I only hear good things. Now the thing is I feel like I am nearing the end of the first game and I am not sure if I want to start the second game or start RecoLove because I am in love with Hime.
>>
>>16016483
Pirate on the Vita as in there are Vita emulators or you can get the game for free if you have a Vita? Honestly though I should probably just try to get a Vita at some point in the near future.
>>
>>16016510
You need a vita but you can pirate all the games before the 3.61 update including both Utawarerumono games. Get a vita, make sure it's a new one, all new vitas are below 3.61. Go to the homebrew thread on /vg/ for details. It's worth it, a new vita might run you $150-$200 but you get a huge library of games for free and if you ever feel like getting stuff you have the choice to buy it. Remember if you have a ps3 or ps4 Uta2 is also on both of those, you don't NEED a vita to play Uta2. Personally it's the best thing I've read this whole year, should have read it last year.
>>
File: Cvfy2AhVUAEdtU2.jpg (65KB, 454x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cvfy2AhVUAEdtU2.jpg
65KB, 454x800px
>>16016483
I thought this is a 3.61 game?

The UI, load times, controls, character models, personalities, color scheme, music and conversation minigame all blow the prequel out of the water

From crawling 2ch and Twitter I've heard a bit of complaints though:
- bugs, crashes
- less than/equal to Photokano in terms of content
- no sub character routes

The last 2 are absolutely holding me back from buying it outside of a sale. Hime is great, but she's not carrying the game by herself
>>
>>16016528
Thanks for the info. Yeah I have a PS3 and I know they're on there but they definitely seem like the type of games I'd rather play on a handheld, sort of like Fire Emblem games.
>>
>>16016566
Reco Love is 3.61 but I don't pirate games, I'm just letting him know that piracy was an option if maybe he is tight on cash or just does not want to pay for uta2. I am not one of those people that push my ideals on others I've pirated my share of games.
>>
>>16016566
Apparently reco love is more content if you 100% both games. There are less routes but they fleshed out each route and you get less repeating dialog in the conversation mini game, unlike pk where girls start repeating themselves very fast. Honestly no subs characters really does suck but they do have their share of scenes so it's not like you go 100% without.
>>
>>16013135
Oddly they do IM well while having simplistic messes for everything else.
>>
Is there anywhere to get Dies Acta est fabula anymore?

All I can find is the patch version or dead torrents.
>>
>>16015014
Bekkankou basically makes their brand.
The trio of writers have never changed either.
In fact, who the hell are the writers? I rarely see any information about them. I'm starting to assume they're just pen names for some ghostwriters.
>>
>>16013199
The big issue I had with Madou were the side-conflicts with not so important countries and Eushully's laziness in that direction.

You have all these great introductions to various nations between turns and their political situation, buildup, schemes etc. Sadly mostly all of it is wasted with how fast the conflicts are settled, lack of events and how some important issues are just glossed over. I'm mostly talking about the side routes of course.
>>
>>16017137
I don't want to sound like I'm in denial, but I would like it if they were just pen names. I don't want to believe Senmomo was written by the same people who did Eustia/Daitoshokan.
>>
>>16017148
With long-ass true route, its not surprising they didn't spend much time on minor countries. And I don't agree that its that bad, take that southern mages country for example, after you conquer them there's fair amount of scenario spent explaining their shit and trying to resolve everything if you don't send the bitch sister to brothel.
>>
>>16017157
Senmomo is that bad?
>>
>>16017168
>With long-ass true route, its not surprising they didn't spend much time on minor countries

That's most probably why I guess, and I may be nitpicking. But something like Annaroze for example felt very underwhelming with how everything was just neatly settled and needed more events even before that.This one edgelord(Had a good reason with what they did to him) literally took down the whole country by himself, first by killing the king and then following up on that. I think they should've just flashed everything out more with how much authority he actually had and how a bunch of mercs had almost the same military strength as a national army even if they were given special benefits by the previous king for being his playthings and how he managed to just take the reigns this easily after the kings death.
Even after that if you consider him taking the naga as a prisoner and using that to control Margiretta, it was still pretty vague since its not just them in that country. I mean the conflict did feel more flashed out in the case of Zafuha tribes and the wizards right?

>if you don't send the bitch sister to brothel.
Or if you don't let her suicide I think
Well since its been a while maybe they weren't all that bad. And I do like Weissheit's decisions in general, seemed more level-headed compared to all the other blond Eushully MCs.
>>
>>16017191
There's one guy here who really really hates Senmomo for some reason, but most people thought it was good, although not as good as Eustia.
>>
>>16016672
Is there no ラブラブデイズ either?
>>
>>16017191
The writing is kinda crap, the conflict itself is awfully done and most of the cast gets nothing to work with.
>>
>>16017330
Not him but I can see why he said that, it's not bad but the whole thing was just so silly and lacking in depth compared to Eustia I couldn't believe it. That could be my nostalgia though, but japs seem to agree.
>>
>>16017383
I think it's more that Eustia was just amazing and everything else looks shit in comparison. Like you said it's not bad, at least as good as Daito.
>>
>>16017395
>at least as good as Daito
I wouldn't agree, at least daitoshokan knew it was a moege with some plot, senmomo barely knew what it wanted to do.
>>
>>16017157
>Daitoshokan
But Fortune Arterial was better
>>
>>16017401
I don't get this argument at all. It is what it is. If you don't like it, fine, but where do you get the idea it doesn't know what it wants to do?
>>
>>16017412
Not him, but you can see how the focus of the game changes from 邯鄲の夢 onwards.

People on bbspink argue that originally, when it was announced years ago, it was supposed to be just Empire vs. Republic and more serious, but changed due to inner disagreements within August.

Someone also posted the initial designs for Elza where she was supposed to be just an ojou-sama from the Republic.
>>
>>16014925
They've "followed" for a while now.
Daito and Senmomo both had a lot of concentration on ero.
>>
>>16017412
Because both types of mood try to steal the spotlight from each other, so effectively they fight against each other.
Having a serious game with some comedic moments for fun is fine, as is a moege who introduces some serious elements for a route climax or something.
But here you have sworn enemies and important political figures somehow going to the same school and living a fun school life, whereas if you try to just sit back and enjoy character interaction you get these heavy segments about politics and morals.
No one says you can't like the game but that's no reason to just kneejerk to valid criticism about the narrative structure of the game.
>>
Damnit, it happened again. Another character who is said to be good at English yet can't even remember to use simple things like articles.
>>
File: STEINS;GATE_0_2016-10-24_115135.jpg (596KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
STEINS;GATE_0_2016-10-24_115135.jpg
596KB, 1280x720px
>>16017932
>>
>>16017899
That's not "valid criticism" though just "I don't like it". And guess what? The exact things you don't like others love.
>>
>>16017938
Why would you do this?
>>
>>16017948
That's called being overly defensive and being unable to take criticism.
>I don't like it because x y and z
>but OPINIONS
>>
>>16017899
>But here you have sworn enemies and important political figures somehow going to the same school and living a fun school life
Actually sounds pretty awesome. Picked up
>>
>>16017949
Why not?
>>
>>16017899

Depends on how it's done.

Fortissimo does this as well. But there you don't just have "heavy" segments about politics. It's a literal battle royale. The characters are in a game that "forces" them to kill each other, and yet you have fun school segments.
However in my opinion it works. Because this very thing is made subject in the story and you get the reason for characters doing what they are doing. Why perhaps they don't try to "hide away". Why they aren't just considering everyone an enemy. You may disagree with it. But they have valid reasons to do what they do. And given that the plot isn't just ignoring this perhaps strange part, it works. Doubly so because different character have very different opinions in that regard. (It's probably the strength of Fortissimo. It's surprisingly grey, with a bunch of rather solid discussions that I didn't expect in a work like this..)

I haven't read Senmono, so I have no idea what that one does precisely. But the concept by itself is not flawed. Though at the same time, some people will simply always dislike this. But that's the case for literally everything in this world...
>>
>>16018071
I think it also has a lot to do with tone and atmosphere. School sections may fit the tone of Fortissimo naturally, but in Senmomo they're pants on heads retarded from any way you look at it. Every time I see someone mention it in a review or such, they say something to the effect of "it doesn't make sense but whatever". That's a bad sign for a game trying to have a serious plot.
>>
If I want to play Fortissimo do I start with Fortissimo EXS//Akkord:Nachsten Phase?
>>
>>16018360
It's actually the full game, so yeah, why not?
>>
>>16018233
The funniest was everyone complaining about Hotoris fucktarded character setting.
>>
File: xyz.png (926KB, 1018x762px) Image search: [Google]
xyz.png
926KB, 1018x762px
i really like the sprites in these hibiki games

pxc2 was especially good but very cpu heavy
>>
>>16019025
Does that sentence even make sense?
>>
After holding 6 months, Mikocon finally released the Fureraba HD Renewal Edition. I guess I'll reread it until the re:lief gets released.
>>
>>16018685
The idea itself was brilliant. We'll have a stone-cold super-serious 武人 leader dedicated solely to liberating the Empire, and then we'll have her be a cute loving idol in her spare time! Is this not the pinnacle of gap moe?
Shame the execution was a little lacking. Maybe if they'd cut out that shit with the corrupting sword and replaced it with more idol stuff.
>>
anyone have that unreleased games list posted here a few months back?
>>
>tfw cant find nodvd patch for baldr sky dive1 and the one I found doesnt work on win10
rip in rips in flips
>>
>>16019537
Well, brilliant if you want "moe", but in terms of story, characterization, etc, it makes no sense at all and is a blight on the game.
>>
>>16019746
You play from dive2, so look for one for it.
>>
>>16019768
Huh, I have dive with a nodvd patch but it was in a dive1 and dive2+dive2nodvd patch.

Your saying I dont need dive1 at all?
If so bless you anon.
>>
>>16019772
You need to have it installed, but dive 2 reads from your dive1 game and you play both games from it if you set it up correctly.
>>
>>16019780
Ahhhh, thank you a lot anon.
You have rescued me from some hours of headaches.
>>
>>16013135
>If you write a lot of text for a story, I feel like the old shallow good vs. evil is just not going to cut it.

the original IM from 1999 (and the novel version of the game from around 2001) actually resolved its plot beautifully in that regard. the antagonist had no "evil" or otherwise reprehensible motives whatever, the protagonist recognises and accepts this, and they only duel in the end for warriors' honour, with a very nice ending. the remake from 2014 messes this moment up with some alterations, the tone of the scene is especially screwed because they added party members in the remake.
>>
...I guess I'm near the end of my first route in Tsuyokiss 2. There doesn't seem to have been any kind of real drama or obstacle to overcome so far though.

Well, I guess maybe family issues will probably be coming up soon but with two sex scenes done they probably can't take up that much time. This is a bit disappointing.
>>
>>16020529
The entire tsuyokiss 2 is a big disappointment.
>>
>>16019025
>pxc2 was especially good but very cpu heavy
Haven't played but how is it compared to Baldr Heart in terms of CPU usage? That thing managed to push my i5 to nearly 100%.
>>
>>16020548
Yeah I'm getting that feeling. I figured they'd have put in a little more effort for the new girl's route at least. I'm also getting this nagging feeling that they're not going to explain why she seemed a little fixated on him early on.
>>
>>16020640
I haven't played Baldr Heart but pxc2 pushed my i3 to about ~90% cpu usage on 3 of my 4 cores, which is quite a lot for a VN.

Someone made a thread on vndb about this issue and someone thinks its bad programming, since the sprites strictly use the CPU, and won't offload any work to the GPU. I played a game the other week (Hypnodosia) that had the opposite problem, causing my GPU to heat up by ~20-25 degrees farenheit over normal while my CPU usage barely rose. Most VN studios probably aren't big enough to have dedicated game optimization employees, so whatever.

Basically the sprites in pxc2 move during conversation, and not just their eyelids either. They have breathing animations, hair and clothes move when they walk, boob physics, etc. It might be the Emote system, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>16020548
Okay, if they couldn't even bother to write a decent route for Serebu should I just skip to Tsuyokiss 3 or just call it quits now on Tsuyokiss?
>>
>>16020685
It is e-mote, but it's just poorly implemented either way, other games don't have nearly as many performance issues.
>>
File: 1477430098110.jpg (346KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1477430098110.jpg
346KB, 1680x1050px
How do I change the resolution of アストラエアの白き永遠? I found this hi-res screenshot of it in 1680x1050, which is the recommended resolution listed on official sites, but I can only play it in 1024x640 and I see no option in the game or the game folder to change it.
>>
>>16020940
might be the new version? there was a rerelease last month or something.
>>
>>16020947
That was the Vita port, which is 960x544.
>>
>>16020940
1024x640 is the actual native resolution of the game. Higher resolution screenshots are just stretched.
>>
>>16020989
I think I believe you. After taking a screenshot of the same scene in 1024x640, upscaling it with waifu2x and resizing it to 1680x1050, I got this suspiciously similar-looking result. I guess the original uploader of that screenshot upscaled it in the same way.

Pity that Shida Kazuhiro's beautiful art has to be wasted on such a crappy resolution. Even 720p would have been much better on the eyes.
>>
>>16020685
So it's about the same level of poor optimization. I guess that's to be expected from akb2.
>>
Is Senmomo so bad it's funny, actually bad, or just average? I'm looking for the former.
>>
>>16021152
It's average. Not nearly as good as Eustia, but not terrible either.
>>
>>16021152
There are some points where I laughed. In particular, the entire prologue in the beginning was so damn cheesy I couldn't stop laughing (and also crying because my hopes were crushed).
>>
>>16021152
Depends on what you're looking for. If you want fantasy, it's decent. If you want high production values, good music and aesthetics, it's good. If you want historical/political drama, it's garbage.
>>
>>16021222
>If you want fantasy, it's decent.
Fantasy fan here. In terms of VNs it may be descent but in terms of written material, it is very below average to the point of being bad. Fantasy LNs do the genre better.
>>
Is there a VN that mixes dreams and reality, like the stories in lovecraft's dream cycle?
>>
>>16021217
Fucking picked up.
>>
>>16021475
ハピメア
>>
>>16021557
That's hardly a spoiler given that it's the entire premise of the game.
>>
>>16021577
He may be spoiling cuz it's a kusoge
>>
>>16021475
I/O?
>>
>>16020940
>>16021056
Is this game good?
>>
>>16021475
Suigetsu.
>>
>>16021746
Kind of what I was looking for, thanks a lot.

>>16021557
Didn't like the parts I read, started off great but became too nukige-ish.
>>
>>16021703
It's really not. It has a few decent parts, but it's far, far too long and the vast majority of it is painfully boring.
>>
>>16021828
>It has a few decent parts, but it's far, far too long and the vast majority of it is painfully boring.

So it's a Favorite game.
>>
>>16021843
Pretty much, though it's probably more extreme in that regard than Hoshimemo.
>>
"The vast majority of it is painfully boring" seems like a descriptor for VNs as a whole, it's always a gamble to find one which doesn't cram itself full of asinine comedy and insipid, played out SOL.
>>
>>16021848
Even longer and more boring than Hoshimemo? Damn.
>>
>>16021828
>>16021848
Probably the reason Japs like Favorite's VNs more than you is because it's their native language and they can read through the fluff quickly.
>>
>>16021857
Definitely longer. More boring is subjective, but I sure thought it was.

>>16021858
I don't even mind fluff as long as it's good fluff. AstralAir's isn't.
>>
>>16021858
This is an idea I see tossed around sometimes. In particular I remember Celphas making a blog post wherein he explained how since he reads way faster than most people his impressions of boring games end up differently, I'll quote him here:
>One thing I've noticed over the last seven years is that people frequently have subtly different opinions than I do, and I get asked frequently how I can play so many moege/charage despite the fact that it isn't my preferred genre.
>The answer is relatively simple... I read about 20 times faster than most of the rest of you - with the exception of a few bibliophiles. What is a true chore, taking up tens of hours for you, might very well only be a short eight to ten hours for me. Reading that fast - whether in English or Japanese - gives me a greatly different perspective than a lot of the others here.
>One of the reasons people tend to get tired of VNs is a lack of stimulation due to low reading speed. I read fast enough that a good VN's stimulation will be close to constant, whereas a slow reader will sometimes come to feel 'in-between' scenes that are meant to be short and informative as painful and long.

I think this is an important idea, because it does impact us. I think we can estimate most people here average out to be about half as fast as a native (don't take offense if you're faster), which certainly will impact the experience. The difference between 1 hour of SOL and 2 is immense, or in the case of a favorite game, 30 hours to 60 hours. How fast one's reading will radically change one's experience with it.

However, this isn't an idea that should be relied upon too much when it comes to likes and dislikes. It's a factor, but not necessarily the primary one. As >>16021895 implies, the quality of the writing is the real determining factor. Good "fluff"/SOL/etc (I consider SOL in general to be fluff, but not in a bad way) will be fun be it 30 hours or 60 hours, and bad fluff will be boring be it 30 hours or 60 hours. This is evident in Japanese reviews of games, I often find reviewers calling games boring when I too found them boring, so reading speed wasn't the determining factor.

In short, it's good to consider one's readnig speed when judging a game, but passing off an entire culture of people as liking a game just because they read faster isn't the wisest.
>>
>>16021923
Reminder that Clephas "reads" eroge in romaji and thinks it's impractical for non-natives to read without a text hooker.

In other words, he's an utter idiot and you're an even bigger idiot for unironically quoting him.
>>
>>16021990
It was actually ironic quoting, I was lolling while reading the post.
>The reason I like chuunige is because to me, the stimulation from a good chuunige is actually better than sex.
Good stuff.
>>
>>16021923
The primary reason is just personal taste. Different people have different opinions on whether SoL is boring or fun. Some people like to relax in the everyday idyllic life of a classic Japanese school and embrace the soothing healing of fun, light conversations and typical everyday scenarios, while others consider them painfully dry, boring, uneventful, generic, uninteresting, meaningless tripe and hate it.

I do feel a certain amount of appreciation for SoL and the everyday is required to properly experience and enjoy VNs though.
>>
>>16022010
I think that overlooks how varied SOL can be, though. You can have SOL infused with wild comedy like Asa Project games, you can have casual SOL with light comedy and sexiness like Aozora Stripe, you can have dry SOL bereft of anything but normalcy like Hoshi Ori, you can have dramatic SOL which masterfully develops characters through their every day lives like Asuseka, and so on and so on. Different styles of SOL written by authors of different levels of competency. It's too narrow minded to say someone can "like or dislike" SOL, since SOL itself is so varied. Maybe people find Favorite SOL too much of the dry variety, or otherwise just poorly done in general, and thus dislike it but actually really like competently written SOL of the more comedic variety like Daitoshokan.
>>
>>16022010
I like moege and read them all the time. A good moege, filled with lively characters and fun conversations, is a great way to unwind after a long day at work. A bad moege, with uninspired characters and dry text, is nothing but a chore to read. AstralAir falls squarely into the latter category.
>>
>>16021843
>>16021848

How's Irotoridori, by the way? I heard only Shinku's route is particularly notable, so if it's going to be 40k lines of grinding to get to 10k lines of the only heroine I'm interested in, I'll pass until I can read faster.
That also reminds me of why I quit MMOs, as you just grind through dull content to get to max level so you can participate in the "fun endgame content".
>>
File: blob.jpg (266KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blob.jpg
266KB, 1280x720px
Is this any good? I just want an easy story.
>>
Wow, Tsuyokiss 2 is lazy. The new girl got a boring route that didn't explain the only odd thing about her from the prologue and Otome is just getting a redo of the first VNs route.

Is the third Tsuyokiss better? Cause I think I'm just going to read Sunao 2.0 after Otome at this point and then call it quits on this.
>>
>>16022386
meme/10
>>
>>16022420
Changed authors and is kinda better, but it's still more of the exact same shit.
>>
>>16022507
In a good way or a bad one?
>>
>>16022512
So the routes are basically just redoing the first game with a few slight differences? I was hoping they'd give the old heroines genuinely new routes. Kind of boring.

Alright, guess I'll check it out just for Tonfa and then move onto something else.
>>
Anyone here played Paradise Lost? Is it good / other thoughts?
>>
>>16022570
Different season, different events but there can't be new developments because the characters are who they are.
That said, 3 is better than 2 by some margin.
>>
>>16022623
I wouldn't say there can't be new developments. Otome route 2.0 didn't have to be her realizing she was too hard on Leo and then being impressed by his manliness again. The relationship or build up to it could have gone completely differently. And I'm betting Kani route is the Subaru love triangle again, yeah? That's not very interesting. I don't even know what they'll do for Serebu 2.0 because she didn't really have a meaningful conflict to begin with. I guess it could explain why she went out of her way to get close to Leo early on.
>>
>>16022420
Tsuyokiss 3 is definitely better than 2 and worth of playing imo, but not as good as the original one. Heroine routes have different events than original and different kind of build up, the after stories were nice as well.

For example nagomi was against to her mother's marriage at the first game, but in the 3rd they are already married. Well the main problem of the route is still her mother's marriage, but it takes from a different perspective this time.
>>
>>16022386

It's a nukige where they ran out of money to include all the porn.
>>
>>16022715
Actually that sounds interesting.
>>
>>16022325
pretty much what you said
it's especially irritating because if I remember correctly the developments in Shinku route pretty much make all other routes irrelevant, so unless you really like moe you're left to wonder why the fuck did you just play through all that shit
>>
>>16022715
Alright sounds like what I needed.
>>
>>16022728
>if I remember correctly the developments in Shinku route pretty much make all other routes irrelevant
Seriously until that it was pretty enjoyable, at least for me but that made me just angry. I really hate that kind of true routes which say shits like: all those routes were dream / alternative universe / lol etc after you have played all of them why the fuck did you made me read all of those then?
>>
>>16022763
For the moe and porn? You know the main reason people buy their games? That's why them pad them to be long, so people feel like they get value out of their money.
>>
Ugh Otome is even worse in this one. Maybe I should just skip to the end.
>>
>>16022797
Well thats why I said that dont play any heroine routes at some older thread.
>>
>>16022834
Yeah okay I'm done, I'll move on to something else like Sinsemilla. Never did finish that one. Thread probably doesn't want to hear me keep bitching about it anyway.
>>
>>16022850
Hearing people bitching about games is fun, especially when someone gets triggered because he loves the game.
>>
>>16022850
I had the exaclty same feelings as you when I played 2gakki so reading your comments makes me feel nostalgic actually.
>>
>>16022862
It's more disappointment than anger. I thought if they released two sequels that meant they'd write new plots for the characters to keep it from getting stale. It feels like I just wasted my time.
>>
Why isn't ISLAND 18+? I thought sex sells.
>>
File: 1476067353077.png (349KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1476067353077.png
349KB, 720x405px
What is this from?
>>
File: Tales-of-Berseria_01-03-15_004.jpg (93KB, 600x976px) Image search: [Google]
Tales-of-Berseria_01-03-15_004.jpg
93KB, 600x976px
>>16023133
Tales Of Berseria
>>
>>16023094
Yeah sex sells, because of that Island couldn't sell any shit, it literally sold less than some random nukiges.
>>
>>16023194
It's weird. I prefer non-nukige and always skip through the sex scenes, but I will never buy a game if it doesn't include them. Maybe I just want conformation of the character's love for eachother or something.
>>
>>16023216
I'm exactly same with you, I always skip through sex scenes but without them it feels like something is lacking.
>>
>>16023216
It's not weird, it's being a stereotypical moebuta who doesn't care about good games.
>>
>>16023245
What the fuck did you just say about me?
>>
>>16023245
I'll fucking kill u m8
>>
>>16023251
>>16023290
I think if you're at the point of saying "I won't play games without porn" then you shouldn't have much pride left
>>
File: blood_nad_gun_2_a.jpg (36KB, 705x468px) Image search: [Google]
blood_nad_gun_2_a.jpg
36KB, 705x468px
>>16023340
I dare you to say that to me irl you fat faggot I'll fucking open a new hole in your ass.
>>
>>16023361
Not without buying me dinner first you won't.
>>
>>16023447
Deal.
>>
>>15998875
I hope the OP isn't as awful as the PS2 remake one
>>
Hey, a magical girl VN ... oh look, she's being raped.

Why Japan hate the mahou shoujos?
>>
>>16023596
Trashy mix between idol and magician
>>
>>16022691
つよきす3学期 Portable is on sale right now for 1100 yen, should I grab it if I have never played any of the other games in the series or do I need to start from 1?
>>
>>16023596

There are a few without that. Gotta search a bit for it though, and I can't tell you if those are good or not. Typical magical girl stuff pretty much doesn't exist though. It'd probably need to be yuri, and there's just not much around there anyway. But a few with trap protags or just in some other way "involved" protags do kinda exist.
>>
>>16023216
>Maybe I just want conformation of the character's love for eachother or something.
Most of all-ages titles have sex, it's just "and then they fucked"-scenes.
>>
Do you ever suffer from post visual novel paralysis? I can't bring myself to do anything or read anything after just finishing a long visual novel.
>>
>>16023718
you definitely need to read the first game but you can skip the second one.
>>
>>16023718
1 is by some margin the best in the series.
>>
>>16024632
damn, ill grab 3 fir now because it's on sale and pirate 1.
>>
>>16024562
Nope. Hardly an hour passes before I'm on a new one. I forget things easily.
>>
>>16024665
Teach me to forget the crushing loneliness.
>>
>>16024562
Yes, sometimes I cant begin a new visual novel unless at least 1-2 weeks have passed.
>>
>>16024562
Yes but only when I've been reading a very long vn or one that I enjoyed immensely
>>
>>16023718
Sorry, but I don't understand your moonrunes.
>>
>>16024749
Don't reply to bait.
>>
>>16024513
that's the absolute worst thing about all ages. I'd rather have nothing
>>
>>16023194
Explain Utawarerumono 2? Sold a lot and the sequel sold even more.Photo Kano did well and even though Reco Love is a bit of a flop it sold 16k physical alone. Some companies can make the switch some can't.
>>
>>16024972
Console game. Utaware wouldn't sell if it was PC only and it's why they stopped making PC releases.
>>
>>16024972

It's pretty obvious that Frontwing just failed at marketing the game. No protagonist voice, no at least simultaneous console release.
They advertised it and tried to sell it as if it'd be an eroge.. but it isn't one.

Some people here don't want to believe it or something and think it didn't sell because of no ero and the only way to fix this would be to add ero. Which is just not true. Frontwing just halfassed the release of the game in a really weird and awkward game. Which is a fucking shame.
>>
>>16024972
Console games reach a larger audience than PC games by default in Japan. Most successful cases of going all-ages involve going to consoles.
>>
>>16025025
>>16025010
>>16024979
We can't forget the elephant in the room when it comes to pc visual novels, piracy. I am not going to get on a high horse and look down on people but we have to admit there is a huge culture of piracy in the vn community. I would not even be a vn reader if not for piracy. It's killing these devs, we need to fix the "if I can't the the porn for free I'll just play something else" mentally. Look at any conversion concerning console only/console versions of visual novels, people usually look down on them, consider them lesser, and hate when companies give HD or moving sprites to console versions, or god forbid a console exclusive girl or route, people hate it. Why? Because they need to pay.
>>
>>16025118
Part of the reason behind this is simply the cost of VNs though. There are lots of Japanese people who don't play eroge simply because they can't afford them. Imagine if you bought every single game you play at full price.
>>
>>16025118
>It's killing these devs
I figure most of us live in the West. We can't go down to the corner store and buy eroge, nor can we sell them second hand to get half our money back. In fact, many eroge companies straight up block us from viewing their websites and preface the games with "don't play this if you don't live in Japan". Some guys I download have built in systems specifically to fuck over foreigners - I'm sure we all have played games that won't run unless your clock setting is in Japanese. As far as I'm concerned, as long as eroge companies direct 100% of their attention to the Japanese, I'm not going to go out of may way to support them. The devs live and die by the Japanese, and most have chosen to ignore or even treat the west with hostility. None of us here are responsible for devs dying from piracy. It's just life and their choices.

Also, as a side note, people tend to hate console releases because you have to buy the console to play it. I know a couple people who really like Oregairu but can't play the VNs for it because they're all vita. That just sucks.
>>
>>16025143
I remember the president of VA outright stating that he doesn't want foreigners importing their games. Then the Clannad kickstarter happened and they're now doing a 180 to try and get that foreigner money by releasing Harmonia in English first. It's hilarious to watch.
>>
>>16025136
That is kind of a negative feedback cycle, companies need to charge more because people keep pirating them.

>>16025143
Absolutely a valid point, companies that shun western attention by not selling over seas are only hurting their own sales, but those companies are also worried that they might be aidding in selling illegal goods overseas which could have legal implications so a loli eroge maker needs to be careful, no excuse of "all characters over the age of 18" games However.

This is also one of the points that make console version more accessible, people can buy digitally directly from psn without having to deal with those sites.
>>
>>16025118
piracy isn't bringing down the industry and is for the most part a non-issue. companies blaming piracy for bad sales when they make bad games or do poor marketing is however a real problem
>>
>>16023774
Nanatsuiro Drops is good. Despite the male protagonist, it feels a lot like a classical mahou shoujo manga. No rape or yuri.
>>
>>16025143
Vita is the console of choice for vns just like the psp once was, and Honesty still is. I think I have more psp vns than pc and vita combined. It's just one of those things you have to accept if you want console only vns, a lot of them are going to be vita exclusive.
>>
>>16025118

>It's killing these devs

And this is where your post begins following a narrative based on selective deafness rather than fact. It's been well established that people who spend the most money in the industry also pirate, and that stopping piracy has no positive effect on sales, and might have a negative.
>>
>>16025192
Not everyone can afford a Vita though.
>>
>>16025189
>Despite
I hope you mean because of the male character, all the funny scene revolve around how mc is a stuffed bear.
>>
>>16025211
A brand new Vita TV is only $50.
>>
>>16025224
A decent memory card is 70 and a TV is 300. Does it even come with a controller? Another 50.
>>
>>16025179
>>16025193
IMO the whole culture of first day/week sales being everything is what's ruining things. Everyone becomes short-sighted.
>>
>>16025223
A classical mahou shoujo manga doesn't have a male protagonist, but it manages to maintain that feel anyway. That's all I meant.
>>
>>16025211
You need the console to play the console exclusive, that's just the deal.

>>16025193
When did I say pirates never pay for games? Also it's quite the claim to say that if tomorrow no more vns could be pirated then the total amount of sales would not change.
>>
>>16025229
You don't need a memory card if you buy physical. You can use a PS3 or PS4 controller you already have, or pick up a cheap used one for $20 if you don't. You don't have a TV or a PC monitor? Seriously? Are you going to complain that you have to buy games next?
>>
>>16025231
Well it's very rare for games to do any better than their day 1 sales. Most never even double their day 1 figures.
>>
>>16025244
>You need the console to play the console exclusive, that's just the deal.
Yes, anon, very insightful. Sorry to be tongue in cheek but that's the point. Console exclusivity, indeed, excludes PC users and that builds ire because many don't own consoles.
>>
>>16025250
Yes that is exactly what pirates do, although you can pirate on the vita now, that is how I am playing the nisekoi vn.
>>
>>16025224
Vita TV doesn't support all games though, does it?
>>16025250
Buying physical leads to import costs that are pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>16025244

You outright said that "it's killing these devs". That suggests that they are indeed not receiving money as a direct result of piracy. Or are you suggesting that the act of piracy puts some sort of money-sapping curse on them instead?

>Also it's quite the claim to say that if tomorrow no more vns could be pirated then the total amount of sales would not change.

They would change, but not for the better. Has Denuvo boosted PC gaming sales? Has the Japanese government getting tough on pirates boosted any industries? No and no.

Piracy helps word of mouth, and leads into people trying a wider number of games.
>>
>>16025259
What I was trying to say was, not owning the console is your decision. You can't choose not to own the console then complain about every visual novel it gets, that would be like console only vn players, if that is even a thing, complaining about every pc release. That might be a thing in the video game world but it's just not a thing in the vn world. In fact the hate is almost alwaya one way in the vn world.
>>
>>16025278
Please go back to /v/.
>>
>>16025284

>Waaaah, stop poking holes in my narrative!
>>
>>16025283
The difference being is that a PC is an all-purpose machine that's practically necessary to live in the modern world, and a game console is just for playing games. The economic decision to buy a console is radically different from that of a PC.
>>
>>16025288
Seriously go back to /v/.
>>
>>16025291
I agree, and your point is totally valid, but it's still a decision you make for yourself. Besides, you still have access to the vast vast majority of visual novels. No need to hate the fact that you can't play some oreimo vn.
>>
>>16025291
>a PC is an all-purpose machine that's practically necessary to live in the modern world
Did you hibernate for last ~6 years? PC is on decline, being replaced by mobile. In Japan this tendency happened much earlier than in the West, thus much lower PC adoption rates. Everything one needs is already provided via smartphone.
>>
>>16025316
Even 50~ year old parents bought a laptop because online banking and such was too tedious for a cell phone.
>>
>>16025291
Sure there are more people who own a PC compared to people who own a modern console in Japan, but the majority of video game sales are on consoles.

I suppose people who are willing to fork out the money for a machine whose only purpose to to play games are just more willing to fork out the money for games.
>>
>>16025267
>Vita TV doesn't support all games though, does it?
It supports most stuff, and if you jailbreak it supports basically everything.

>Buying physical leads to import costs that are pretty ridiculous.
It's often cheaper than digital if you buy several games at once. PSN prices don't go down very often.
>>
>>16025291
Still, a Vita TV is cheap enough that if you have a job you can afford one.
>>
>>16025330
>I suppose people who are willing to fork out the money for a machine whose only purpose to to play games are just more willing to fork out the money for games.

That and people that can spend 300-400 usd on a drm box are most likely economically capable of buying games. But it's not as if buying a console excludes you from playing and buying pc visual novels, after all most vns can run on toaster from the 90's. So the question is why is there such a gap in spending between the two platforms. I refuse to believe quality is the issue, nor do I believe that there are more console only vn readers than pc only as the very likely overlap by a significant figure. So what is the x factor? Price? VNs on console can be a lot cheaper. what else?
>>
>>16025340
It's just worth it period now that you can pirate on it.
>>
>>16025326
banking via PC isn't a big thing in japan, fax machines are still popular there
>>
>>16025368

Adult games vs. not adult games. The magic behind getting good sales is by not including porn.
The newest thing to put an porn-cut version on steam while offering a "patch" to fix this is the best idea the "industry" had for a while. People buy totally legit stuff that's suited for all ages. Don't need to officially take the porn to the register.

Dunno if this could be used in Japan as well. PC gaming is just not as big as here. And you can't do this for consoles.
>>
>>16025470
The whole patch system is to fix a problem exclusive to the west which is accessiblility. When you can walk down the street and get an eroge you don't really need that. The western scene is beyond the scope of this conversion anyway.
>>
Is Lumination a kamige?
>>
File: imouto no okage de.png (1MB, 1282x752px) Image search: [Google]
imouto no okage de.png
1MB, 1282x752px
>Every girl is best girl

My heart can't take it.
>>
>>16026367
but which one is your favorite.
>>
>>16026367
Hope you enjoy those tears
>>
>>16026371
I'm leaning toward them all. I think this is one of those few games where I'm going to enjoy the hell out of every route.

Odd eyed ojou, gentle nee-san type, cute and girly classmate, pink haired waifu bait, supportive blood imouto

This game is hitting all my buttons.

Are the loli and christmas cake winable too? Because I may have an aneurysm.
>>
>>16026367
Does that have an imouto route? And if so, where does it fall on the scale of "every single cast member is rooting for them to fuck" to "other heroines are disgusted and family members forcibly separate them/beat the shit out of MC"?
>>
>>16026457
I too am interested in the answer to this.

Also while we're talking about imoutos, are there any good games that have an imouto route that deal with the characters worrying significantly about how their relationship will be thought of by society perhaps even to the point where its the main conflict?
>>
>>16026457
So far what I know. I'm about an hour in so far.

Imouto (blond twin tailed Meguri) is trying to help her brother win the girl he has a crush on (Odd eyed ojou Kanae) whom he already confessed to and she rejected.

So she uses an old family magical ceremony in order to make her fall in love with her brother (she's telepathic too, constantly holding conversations with her brother in their minds to help him say and do the right thing when talking to said favorite girl). He goes to confess to the girl again and she says 'yes! This is wonderful, I would like to be your friend, I was so worried I wouldn't make many friends in this new school' So now he's in the friend zone so the ceremony backfired, or actually by the second and third scenes with his sister, it seems the ceremony worked on herself by mistake. She's trying to control her feelings while helping him dig himself out of the friend zone.

That's as far as I've gotten to sir. I know she's a full heroine, can't say how this'll end.
>>
File: harems.jpg (211KB, 1027x730px) Image search: [Google]
harems.jpg
211KB, 1027x730px
>>16026474
Unmei Yohou's the best example I know of, also a pretty good read for other reasons as well. Imouto route comes early on and is a bit short though. Wonderfully dodges a shitty drama event that's made me groan in other stories.
>>
File: head.jpg (126KB, 730x400px) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
126KB, 730x400px
Oh, and it's 80% off
http://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/detail/cuffs_0002/?i3_ref=search&i3_ord=2

Which is why I bought it yesterday.
>>
>>16026482
>telepathic incest
SOLD
Yeah, seems like she's a main heroine, even gets in the fandisk.
>>
>>16026488
the stema is strong
>>
>>16026437
Every single female character had a route, but the two side character ones were short.

>>16026482
>>16026490
Meguri's route is unlockable as a heads up.
Either need to clear one route, or all of the main heroines, don't remember.
>>
>>16026485
Thanks anon I'll check it out!
>>
New:

>>16026503
>>
>>16026497
Sounds good, thanks for the heads up.

>>16026502
Hope you like it, it's a bit rough around the edges but it's one of my favourites.
>>
>>16026488
>80% off
wait, what? since when do any jp companies do this, the game isn't even that old
>>
File: kanae.png (2MB, 1282x752px) Image search: [Google]
kanae.png
2MB, 1282x752px
>>16026510
>>
>>16026474
Tasogare no Sinsemilla has such themes in the imouto route, which is also the longest and true route.
>>
File: 1433891133553.png (12KB, 151x109px) Image search: [Google]
1433891133553.png
12KB, 151x109px
>>16026367
I don't believe you
>>
>>16026510
dmm and dlsite do it a lot even for big titles, even if most of the time it's like 25 and not 80
I got subahibi on discount which was pretty nice
>>
>>16015089
>>16015089
No one has read it?
Thread posts: 481
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.