[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I picked this up at a store in a mall today. Turns out it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: IMAG1650.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1650.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
So I picked this up at a store in a mall today. Turns out it was a bootleg, and I didn't bother checking it out before buying. Anything I can really do in this situation?
>>
>>15994121
If you kept the receipt return it? They might not even ask you why. If they do just tell them what you told us.
>>
Return it or keep it, I think it's cute.
>>
>>15994121
>paying 60 dollars for a 3-inch piece of plastic
>>
>>15994130
I'll have to try in a few days, though the guy running the store was Chinese and didn't give me a receipt. Did run my card through a Square reader, though...
>>
>>15994156
>chinese guy
>no receipt
I have bad news, son.
>>
>>15994164
Probably can create a receipt since it was run on a square reader, as long as you know the information about the date and charge.
>>
$60 for a bootleg nendo. Those Chinese have it figured out.
>>
>>15994121
That's so strange anon, because I too bought a bootleg nendoroid from a store in a mall (I got a Madoka maiko ver. but you can barely pose her or take/attach parts, she can't hold her umbrella, and her hair is slightly faded). It's strange because the store has legit stuff I gotten before. Do you have the same issues as my bootleg?
>>
>>15994121
how can u tell its fake?
>>
File: real box.jpg (123KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
real box.jpg
123KB, 500x667px
>>15995118
I'm sure theres plenty more indicators if he were to open the box
>>
>trusting chinese merchants
>>
I don't get it. What is wrong with chinese Yukari?
>>
Those kind of stores are flat fucking broke most of the year, and I've seen many close after the 1 year lease is expired.

As a result, they can't afford to buy the official stuff and will order from alibaba tier vendors to later gouge.
>>
cum on it
>>
I have a bootleg Reimu that I got off Aliexpress. Not worth anywhere near $50 though.
>>
>>15995042
I went to the Chinatown district in Toronto about five years ago and found a store which sold different types of both legit and fake figures. Apparently this is a thing that some Chinese stores do. At least it seems that way.
>>
>>15997142
The store I went to is not Chinese though
>>
File: 1456576875130.gif (987KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1456576875130.gif
987KB, 500x452px
>>15994156
>Doing business with disgusting chinamen
>>
>>15995825
and post pic.
>>
>>15996451
Yeah, most bootlegs I see on Aliexpress go for 12 euros or so. OP got robbed.
>>
File: 1456005698036.png (727KB, 1207x518px) Image search: [Google]
1456005698036.png
727KB, 1207x518px
>>15994121
53$?
That chinaman ripped you off.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/gaphag/32717518603.html
>>
Speaking of bootlegs, I ordered these from Aliexpress since they were pretty cheap (10 euros for six figures), but I looked through the more legit sites and couldn't find any figures that looked like them. So are these legit or what?
>>
OP here again. Turns out a receipt was printed and placed in the bag, but I also took a reciept from Square, too. I'm going to see about getting it returned today.

Maybe one day I'll have a more appropriate hag.
>>
>>15999068
>gaphag
STOP!
>>
>>15999139
Nah those are bootleg and they looked like shit.
The set is called shushuroku trading figure.
>>
>>15999139
Those colors are off, but there are worse looking bootlegs.
>>
>>16000003
So the chinaman politely told me to go fuck myself by feigning ignorance and not accepting a refund. It's a good thing smartphones exist, I guess.

>>15999139
Funny, I bought two of those things from this store.
>>
>>16001228
I just googled the set, yeah they look higher quality than the bootlegs but like I said it's 1.60 € for figure, even if they don't look too good that's a pretty nice deal
>>
File: china.jpg (448KB, 1796x964px) Image search: [Google]
china.jpg
448KB, 1796x964px
He wasn't amused about getting a picture taken of his store.
>>
>>16001523
How is a smartphone going to help you?
>>
>>16001664
I guess it's more that technology exists, since doing a chargeback is much easier than it used to be.
>>
I wonder if you can report the store or something. I am sure malls don't want stores that are known for selling bootleg items. A similar store opened at my local mall as well and it has some really obvious bootlegs, like you can just tell by the quality.
>>
>>16001685
My mall has a section for real and bootlegged nendos. They're a lot cheaper but at least they taped up a sign that stated they weren't authentic.
>>
>>16001685
The particular mall I bought it at is a bit run-down and somewhat dangerous, but it is owned by a realty company. I might look into it later though.

>>16001701
I wouldn't really mind that.
>>
>>16001545
I was under the impression that any figures you buy from mall stores like this are going to be bootlegs
>>
>>16001807
Dunno about OP but my store usually gets their stock from a legit distributor.

http://www.aaaanime.com/

Sadly us consumers can't order from them directly.
>>
I like buying knock offs especially if they are A) Cheap B) Actually well made C) Poorly made but hilarious to look at
>>
>>16001730
Are you going to be hunted down by the triads if you do a chargeback though?
>>
>>15994121
BAKABAKA
>>
>>16002420
If they do, I'll miss every one of you.
>>
>>15994121
>>15995042
Are they those stores that also sell shit like tea sets, cheapo katanas, knockoff plushies from last year's popular series, and overpriced Pocky? It seems like every mall in the country has one now.
>>
>>16002803
Malls are a dying thing, so, it's probably easy for them to set-up shop in one versus buying their own property or something.
>>
>>16002803
Also a few random Gunpla sets and figmas and some random Disney shit thrown in for some reason.

Owner is always a Filipino, Chinese or some other non-Japanese Asian
>>
>>15994153

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>16001730

to be honest it's your fault you bought the bootleg. don't try to shut down a whole damn store because of you not being cautious when buying a figure at a mall, and i'm speaking as someone who's bought bootlegs before.
every time you buy a figure you should be actually doing research on it, and the seller if possible. it screams bootleg if it's a nendoroid without a Good Smile logo on it.
but reguardless, as far as bootlegs go, that doesn't look too bad, there are a lot worse, despite that being the price of a genuine item, but that just goes back to you should have been more careful.

tldr; it doesn't look that off, anon, just accept that you messed up and display her anyways, she looks cute.
>>
>>16002863
I suppose I should have been smarter about it, but at the same time, paying more than the actual price of the real deal for one and then being told there'd be no compromise after explaining the situation, I really don't give a shit. All I wanted was my money back, no questions asked, and that would be that. But instead, he played the ignorance game.

I don't think I'm going to go so far as to get him evicted or whatever, though. Half because it's probably a pain in the ass, and half because I don't live his life.
>>
Yukarin a shit.
>>
>>15994121
Look at the box. Does it claim it's a Nendoroid by GoodSmile Company? If not, you can't blame the store for false advertising.
>>
>>16002926
Who said anything about blaming them for false advertising?
>>
>>15994156

get ready to not have success returning it
>>
>>15994156
He's going to yell at you and not give you a refund and you deserve it for buying a figure from a Chinese person.
>>
>>16001829
What?
You can order any figure besides small circle garage kits either direct from the manufacturer or through a reliable jp shop like amiami or mandarake.

Books and doujin goods are where it gets trickier.
>>
>>16005475
Next time haggle over the price before you buy. The bootleg probably cost him $5, the legit would have been $25/30.
>>
>>15994121
Does the legit version come with a hat and a fake nipple too? If not keep this one.
>>
>>15999139
Chen looks bad, but the rest look pretty decent.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.