[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shogi thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

shogi thread
>>
hey
>>
While I like shogi, the only shogi server I know of closed down many many years ago. Sorry, OP.
>>
Shogi is great, I like how the generals work compared to chess.
>>
File: FloorGoban.jpg (615KB, 1137x1101px) Image search: [Google]
FloorGoban.jpg
615KB, 1137x1101px
Shogi is for weebs. Real men play Go.
>>
>>15990925
Why not both?
>>
>>15988892
Why are the male and female player separated in different league?
>>
File: zZAs49K.jpg (74KB, 680x473px) Image search: [Google]
zZAs49K.jpg
74KB, 680x473px
>not playing the royal game of kings that is Chess
good weak goyim, i shall use you.
>>
>>15991810
It gives women an option to have fun competitively. Sadly, women seem to not attain the same level as men in games like chess and starcraft.
>>
>>15990925
Does anyone here even play Go, or even made an attempt to play it?
>>
Shogi is fun, hopefully there'll be more players now that sangatsu got the anime adaptation. I just want a shogi friend to play with.

>>16003902
I'm 2 dan in go, it's a fun game but I need to play something else for a while.
>>
>>16003902
I play from time to time. Just hope it was more popular.
>>
>>16003902
All the time, but I am really bad
>>
>>16003902
Yes, but not well or often, since I don't have any online friends who play it, and I'm often too shy to play random people.
>>
>>16003902
Me and my friend would play Go on the bus ride to our middle school back then, we only ever finished a few of them.
>>
>2016
>not playing paper RPGs with your friends
>>
>>16009784
>friends
>>
>>16003902
I beat the Hikaru no Go game after reading the manga. Akira was a bitch to defeat.

Go is great on a small board imo.
>>
I tried making a go thread on /tg/ yesterday with little success apart from one good reaction, so I'll try my luck here

I was wondering what the easiest way is to deal with mirror go.
I know in theory why mirror go shouldn't be able to work, but I have a feeling that it's probably pretty effective at kyu levels. And even pros occasionally use it to varying degrees of succes.
At a higher level big mistakes are not as common, but a kyu player with white could just wait for black to make a mistake and then deviate.
Or am I missing something obvious here?
>>
Since I learned of its existence a couple years ago I have been curious about Ogyū Sorai's ko shogi. It was made at the turn of the 18th century, in the middle of Japan's isolation period, yet it has pieces with rules that mimic not only cannon and other missile weapons, but also area effect weapons and jump moves that resemble airmobile warfare.
How did he think of such things?
>>
>>16018985
You can try to start a ladder from one corner and collide it with your opponent's ladder which starts from the opposite corner.
>>
>>16019789
Wouldn't that require an inefficient move?
When your opponent sees you initiate the ladder, they can just play on a better spot.
>>
vs CPU
http://sdin.jp/browser/board/shogi/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.