[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about "Play, Doujin!"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 6KSCBPHx.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
6KSCBPHx.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
For those who don't know, it's tge reason why there are Touhou fangames on consoles.

Do you think that it destroys the Touhou series or makes it better?
>>
File: IMG_20161016_161007.jpg (187KB, 1024x984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_161007.jpg
187KB, 1024x984px
>>15986228
Either way, ZUN states the he doesn't care if it doesn't do well.

Have a somehow fitting picture.
>>
>>15986249
Then what's the point of having it happen in the first place?
>>
>>15986249
Reisen still using her finger gun?

Awesome.
>>
>>15986315
Yep.
>>
Why the hell would it destroy (or make better) the Touhou series?
>>
>>15986228
Console exclusive content is disappointing but I've never been very into the fangames so it doesn't really affect me personally.
>>
It doesnt matter, ZUN will still making original games and people doujins, like always. The only difference is that now they are on console.
>>
>>15986228
It certainly does not make it *better* if it makes the game creators pander to the fraction of the fanbase that plays on consoles. The ports themselves are obvious cashgrabs with one or two additional characters in the same old games, just to make sure people buy them again. Worse still, this is now happening to canon.

Is this enough to *destroy* Touhou in any sense though? Not even remotely.
>>
File: goods3.png (343KB, 1180x664px) Image search: [Google]
goods3.png
343KB, 1180x664px
>>15990172
Seems that Genso Wanderer (Tower of Desire if you're Japanese) differs though. They try to expand the game completely on consoles, hence Tower of Desire Reloaded, rather just adding a few things to the original game. They even (re)ported it to the PC (specifically named "TOD for PC") to cater the to the PC gamers (they even included some dlcs from the Vita version).

I guess AQUA STYLE work like a triple A game developer.

Still, I feel like NIS America is misleading newbies into thinking the Touhou fangames they localize are official ones. They never mention those as originally fan made, with the exception of the first Genso Rondo trailer where it is written as "Touhou Project Fangame" but that text only appeared for less than a second enough for people to notice it. It's like NISA is saying "If it is mediocore or bad, then the series is too" and not "this is game by fans for the fans". Good thing XSEED Games acknowledges this and pretty much advertise Scarlet Curiosity as an originally praised fangame.
>>
>>15990222
>I guess AQUA STYLE work like a triple A game developer.
They always have, in many aspects.
>>
>>15990418
Please tell how. Other than what I've mentioned of course.
>>
>>15986228
Pure Cancer.
>>
File: 57694681_p0.png (1MB, 1120x630px) Image search: [Google]
57694681_p0.png
1MB, 1120x630px
>>15986268
Touhou fangame circles along with Tasofro wanted to put their games on consoles to make more money. ZUN just didn't say no, and I assume having the games published through Play Doujin is just ZUN's way of making sure he gets his cut of the profits. He doesn't have to do anything himself but gets money out of it. I'm pretty sure touhou karaoke songs also do this, where part of the money goes to ZUN.

So it's more of a why not? I just hope this results in more and better fan games, I feel like there hasn't been a good one for awhile. Still waiting on strawberry bose to make a new RPG.
>>
>>15992252
>Touhou fangame circles along with Tasofro wanted to put their games on consoles to make more money. ZUN just didn't say no, and I assume having the games published through Play Doujin is just ZUN's way of making sure he gets his cut of the profits. He doesn't have to do anything himself but gets money out of it

None of this is particularly accurate. Play,Doujin is ZUN's solution for helping doujin game developers transition into the indie market, by giving them a platform for them to legally publish their existing Touhou works to reach a wider audience. The developers would not be able to publish their content without something like this that ZUN ultimately controls, and it's something ZUN has expressed troubles with for quite a while.

While obviously there's money behind it in various senses, that isn't its primary purpose, which is really just to give developers leverage. We don't even know if ZUN gets royalties, even though we can probably assume so. With this is mind it only makes sense that ZUN doesn't care too much if the program doesn't do well, since it's just an experiment to help derivative works to begin with.

Even Tasofro were originally planning to just port Shoot Shoot Nitori.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.