[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2ch

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: c.png (2KB, 104x122px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
2KB, 104x122px
Has anyone figured out what 2ch is the "real 2ch" ever since the whole dummy corporation, lawsuit, anti-matome blog movement, and deanonymization incident?

There's too many community splits and websites to tell who's who.
>>
>>15979162
futaba > 2ch
>>
>>15979190
True.
>>
>>15979190
>>15979206
Not sure about it, especially if count BBSpink as 2ch.
>>
>>15979162
What do you really mean by "real" 2ch?
>>
>>15979162
That's like asking which 4chan derivative is the real essence of 4chan.
>>
>>15979162

2ch.net it's the original server. Hiroyuki only owns the 2ch.sc and 4chan.

''On February 19, 2014, Jim Watkins, from the San Francisco-based N.T. Technology web hosting service, repossessed the 2ch.net domain and all servers, claiming that the "previous administration" failed to pay the bills (perhaps after getting showered with lawsuits), and announcing that he himself would take over as the new admin.

Hiroyuki expressed regret on the decision, but did not pursue charges or make appeals. However, he did scrape the entire 2ch.net website and its massive thread archives to build a new website, 2ch.sc. This would have been fine, had Hiroyuki not done it in a way that sucked up much of Jim Watkin's bandwidth and cost Jim lots of money.''

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/2ch_Chronicle#2014:_2ch.net_Domain_Repossession
>>
newsokur
>>
>>15984888
do you have an nagging feeling that he's doing the same to 4chan? possibly make a clone?
>>
>>15985068
I wouldn't necessarily say "make a clone" since threads eventually get deleted off of 4chan, though it would be interesting if Hiroyuki leaked the source code for the website somehow.

I would probably be more worried about Hiroyuki having another undercover datamining deal. I'm still very skeptical of the 4chan pass service today.
>>
>>15984628
2ch.net, 2ch.sc, and the websites that 2ch's userbase branched off to in recent years after the whole deanonymization incident, the anti-matome blog movement, and Hiroyuki getting flooded with lawsuits that caused Jim taking over 2ch.net.

I'm mostly interested in what websites the remnants of the community split off to.
>>
>>15989127
sc is just a mirror. The real 2ch is .net, as it's always been.
>>
Be warned that Jim is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Prior to taking the reigns of both 2ch and 8ch he was notorious for exploiting 3rd world children for profit.
>>
>>15989760
>Jim is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Pretty sure he's a wolf in wolf's clothing. Dude seems as seedy as they come.
>>
>>15989100
>I'm still very skeptical of the 4chan pass service today.
Care to elaborate? Friend of mine purchased me one.
>>
>>15989833
http://pastebin.com/8bfsk6jP

Old but useful as it explains the concerns which have seemingly rematerialized now.
>>
>>15990622
What data are they mining, exactly?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.