[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touhou Gameplay Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 56

This thread is for the discussion of Touhou gameplay. How elegant are you?
>>
Jesus fuck I did it! I finally cleared SA lunatic after hours of pain and suffering. With two lifes left after Orin rape I somehow managed to beat Utsuho. That shit was so stressful, my hadns are still shaking. I'm not going to touch this game for a while.

But I guess that true hell only starts now - the only lunatics left for me are UFO and LOLK. I haven't tried them yet but I had a lot of trouble clearing those on hard.
>>
Made it to the end of PCB Phantasm before choking and dying today. Other than that, I've only 1cc'd games 6-8 on hard & the first two fighting gamea on normal.
>>
File: sco.png (102KB, 344x407px) Image search: [Google]
sco.png
102KB, 344x407px
I'm getting closer. At least I made it to mountain of a thousand needles.
>>
File: progress.png (131KB, 1465x773px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
131KB, 1465x773px
>>
>>15978145
LoLK is one of the easiest lunatics, play as Sanae and graze with your bomb.

One bomb per chapter basically gives you a refund of what you just used.
>>
File: JUSTKILLME.jpg (184KB, 961x753px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTKILLME.jpg
184KB, 961x753px
So close yet so far
>>
File: th002.png (565KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th002.png
565KB, 640x480px
>>15977684
I got that PCB clear I mentioned last thread. Then I watched a WR run and I realized the shit I was doing to try to boost score, while doubling the score I got from my first 1cc in 2015, was not remotely close to actually playing for score. Oh well.
>>
>>15971658
Mainly the older era of Touhou games (1-9), though I'm leaning more to 7 and 8. Just tried a Lunatic Yuyuko IN run, and got a bad end after completing stage 4. However, I also played Normal EoSD with ReimuA and got a game over at Meiling, despite me usually getting a game over at Patchouli.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-16+at+09.37.04).png (580KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-16+at+09.37.04).png
580KB, 639x479px
died on good omen and burfegted the rest of the fight ahhhhhhhhhh
>>
STG Weekly Touhou 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qifKpLI09mk
>>
>>15979680
I've heared about Sanae bomb abuse so I gave it a try. Seems really broken on first two stages, then things get harder. Chapters become longer, sometimes one bomb is not enough or on some parts I can't get the needed amount of graze.

I guess you can't just faceroll it and at least have to time bombs. Or clear some chapters without bombs to get more lifes for lategame.
>>
>>15979680
You remind me of that shitposter who kept claiming that UFO Lunatic was the easiest Lunatic 1cc.
>>
>>15980515
I know you know Good Omen is the hardest card anyway
>>
>>15977684
Not very at the moment; as a windows 10 update has taken all the play out of gameplay for me. Unless I can source updates for the games then an unfortunate retirement will ensue.
>>
>>15981427
You remind me of everyone who has never tried lunatic LoLK with Sanae.

For the record, I consider UFO the hardest windows lunatic.
>>
>>15981427
The guy is not wrong though. At least playing as Sanae on lunatic in LOLK makes it million times easier than with other characters.
>>
>>15979828
>normal

Dude, come on.
>>
>>15981935
ひどいよ
>>
Wanna see a pacifist run?
>>
>>15982253
I would probably fall asleep.
>>
>>15982253
Pacifist HRtP
>Protip: you can't
>>
>tfw i try solo reimu for IN for the first time
>going perfectly, start to feel like this is easy modo
>Go against kaguya
>manage to get to her last spell card
>I literally can't shoot her
>The orbs, familiars, slaves whatever the fuck they are called in front of her block my attacks and i can't attack her since i don't have yukari with me

What the fuck am i supposed to do, wait for the spell card to end?
>>
>>15982555
You can deal enough damage to end the spellcard soon before it times out. But yeah you're going to have to dodge for a while. What difficulty?
>>
how do I PoFV, dem random bullets triggers me
>>
>>15982647
Reflect bullets with L2 and fairies.

Otherwise dodge.
>>
>>15982555
>The orbs, familiars, slaves whatever the fuck they are called in front of her block my attacks

You can destroy those if you shoot them enough, but yeah it'll take a while.
>>
>>15981913
Sure, sure, but it's still no cake walk until you get everything memorized.
Besides, not all of us want to play as Sanae, anyway.
>>
>>15981913
raisin is much easier, its probably as easy as mof or sa to 1cc due to the 10000 bombs you get
>>
I'm about ready to give up on Mountain of Faith. The one run in a dozen that I didn't die to Autumn Sky, or Biorhythm, or Diluvial Mere, and actually got to stage 5 with a workable amount of lives, I spent the rest of the game dying without warning to shit I didn't even see and finally losing halfway through Virtue of Wind God. Hard is too fast.

Does Adderall actually improve stg-playing ability, or is that just a joke?
>>
>>15983711
How is Reisen easier? She is better than Sanae on some bosses but she can't abuse graze as much as Sanae does, which is essential here. And most stages are a lot harder without Sanae sneks.

I also don't like her bomb. Sure, you can get away with three hits, but only the tiny part of screen is cleared and i-frames are non-existant.
>>
>>15984123
Probably not, but who knows.
>>
>>15984165
Don't forget her hitbox gets bigger as well, I didn't really mind this until I reach Junko
>>
Impossible Spell Card is surprisingly addictive.
>>
>>15984123
practice improves your ability much more than adderall at the level you're at
>>
File: this bitch right here.png (101KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
this bitch right here.png
101KB, 300x359px
Man, fuck Subterranean Animism.

Orin is literally harder than Okuu. I still can't legit 1cc the game because of her. I have captured in practice runs every spell card of Utsuho's except for Heaven and Hell Meltdown, averaging 3 spell card captures of hers per run.

I can barely capture even two of Orin's. That being her first one and Spleen Eater occasionally.
>>
>>15987082
Some kind anon made this, which should help you a bit, but yeah, she's still pretty tough. On the bright side, the first four stages are quite easy, so you should be able to get to Rin with almost full lives and just bomb through her, then have enough lives left to relax for Okuu's fight. Keep at it.
>>
>>15987107

Thanks, that pic will help i'm sure. I really hate that strategy for Rekindling of Dead Ashes; it really does seem like there's no good solution for it other than "yeah, you gotta dodge all that shit and run for it"

I'm going to beat this game today. I've put it off for too long and today is as good as any other day.
>>
>>15987156
There are plenty of bosses who only have one card WITH a good solution, so Rin shouldn't seem so bad in comparison.
>>
>>15987082
>Orin is harder than okuu

Maybe initially but not after you figure it out. No way Orin is harder than hell's tokamak and subterranean sun.
>>
>>15987280
Tokamak is not even remotely difficult compared to her first two spells, and SS is a joke.
>>
>>15982555
Dude, you're supposed to destroy them. That's what I did when I 1cc'ed IN, though I had Yukari with Reimu. Clearing the familiars will make your life infinitely easier on the long run, especially since Kaguya doesn't start taking damage before a long time.
>>
>>15987082
Actually, I tried SA not so long ago and thought Orin was actually easier than Okuu. Her non-spells are ridiculously easy to dodge and the second spellcard is deceptively easy as well. I always try to do the zombie fairies as fast as possible because I really fucking hate that shit.

Just use 1/2 bombs per zombie card to literally blast your way through them. Rest is easy peasy.
>>
>>15987486
>>15987228

>>15987082 here,

As i said earlier i've never captured Hell's Tokamak (heaven and hell meltdown on normal)

I can capture Okuu's first 3 spellcards though. The most unlikely one being her first, but still doable. SS rarely gives me too much trouble either on practice runs, but im sure i'd be more shaky if i actually ever got to it without continuing.

There are more of Orin's spellcards than Okuu's that i've had yet to ever capture even once, and that's to say nothing of Stage 5 itself. (the section where all those spread blue bullets target you quickly while there's smaller yellow bullets static in the background gives me hell)
>>
>>15987082
ReimuC and MarisaB shit all over Orin's first and last card. And their bombs are strong as fuck.
>>
>>15987908

I'm using Nitori because i thought i could get utility out of the bombs. Doesn't seem to help that much though
>>
File: Progress.png (10KB, 400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Progress.png
10KB, 400x1080px
So I decided to try Lunatic PoFV as Aya.
>First few stages go by fine
>Winning at 00:50
>Loses a life on Marisa, beats on 00:50
>Almost lose a life to Medicine
>Lose another life on Komechi, wins a narrow victory
>two lives left
>Force Eiki to half life beofre dying
>Last life
>Tryhard.gif
>Hear the beeping of Eiki's lifebar, with mine soon after
>Spam fairy type attacks and spirits while focusing in desperation
>somehow dodging the many bullets
>See the game end message
>Loses it
My first 1cc on Lunatic was almost lost by one life. Am I a good PoFV player yet?
>>
File: pepe.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
74KB, 412x351px
I've been playing touhou 6 for a while now and I can't beat it on any level no matter how hard I try. What's wrong with me?
>>
>>15988637
It's because you're a frog poster. One month for a first Normal 1cc is common.
>>
>>15988597
No, not yet. Good players are determined through multiplayer matches.
>>
>>15988637
Well, duh. An /r9k/pol/ faggot retard like you will never be good at videogames or anything for that matter.
>>
>>15988597
No, but you can start by doing the same with every character.
>>
File: eosd.png (320KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
eosd.png
320KB, 638x480px
Anyone else only able to play in short bursts of motivation? I'll practice and grind seriously for about a month or so without any problems and then all of a sudden I just lose all interest and take a break for months at a time. It's really discouraging, my progress is horribly slow (my first normal 1CC was in november of 2012).

Anyways, got my first hard 1CC coming back from getting burned out trying to clear all extra stages back in april.
>>
>>15988654
And score

>>15988820
I tend to lose motivation after playing a Touhou game for a few hundred hours, then it's hard to continue and I end up switching games.
>>
>>15988637
you're not talented, don't bother playing, it will only cause frustration and depression
>>
>>15988970
Don't need talons for scrub goals.
>>
>>15988597
>Spam fairy type attacks and spirits while focusing in desperation
That's almost always an awful idea, especially vs. ai. You're lucky that you were playing as Aya "AI Fucker" Shamemaru.

>>15988925
>score
PoFV scoring has always been a joke.
>>
>>15989023
I think he means don't bother with the series in general because you're bound to hit high-tier scoring if you continue playing for a long time. And by that stage, it'll be too late to quit when you realize the talent difference.
>>
>>15989171
Not everyone aspires to be a score runner.
>>
>>15989183
You don't "aspire to be a score runner" when you start playing Touhou. It's just natural process when you've played them enough.
>>
>>15989186
That sounds like something a self absorbed score runner would say.
And if he ever did make it to that point, he could simply go on to do challenge runs and ultra.
>>
>>15989191
>challenge runs
If he made it to that point it is highly likely he'd have completed a handful of challenge runs already.
>ultra
Nothing can be gained from playing with the ultra patch. People who do usually 1cc it in one try and go back to what they were doing before.
>>
>>15989171
Just play to have fun, quit when the fun has dried up and isn't coming back.

If you base your entire sense of self-worth on something determined by dumb genetic luck, then what next? Depressed for life for being under 6 feet tall?
>>
>>15989210
theres no fun in being bad
>>
>>15989191
By the time I got my first LNB I was dead sick of survival, scoring is much more fun.
>>
>>15989217
Sure, but it shouldn't influence you too much.
>>
>>15989079
Aya best girl though
>>
>>15988637
Just quit.
>>
How does one get the IN one frame trick consistently? I think I can do it every now and then, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be the "normal" bomb you use if the trick works.
>>
>>15989536
You only spend 1 (one) bomb if done correctly, yes.
>>
>>15989557
I know that the trick does one thing, I'm simply asking two things:
>how to get it every time
>will it display as a normal bomb used (Ghastly Dream instead of Everlasting Nap for Yuyuko)
>>
>>15989236
This, survival is just boring as fuck. 90% of the game becomes filler once you reach the point of going for high level survival goals, since stages 1-3 will usually be too easy to pose any threat and only a handful of the later patterns determine whether you succeed at your goal. Scoring solves this by making every stage challenging and always leaving room for further improvement if you want to optimize things better. Survival is so binary in comparison. Which isn't to knock the skill of people doing high level survival challenges instead of scoring, but from my perspective scoring is just much more fun.
>>
Okay so after classes were over, I said "why not try MoF again". And after 3 or 4 bad starts (you know, losing a life early, saying fuck it and starting over), I just 1 cc'ed MoF Normal for the first time as if it was almost nothing (had 5 lives remaining).

IN, PCB, and now MoF. I'll decide which Touhou.I'll try to 1CC next.
>>
>>15989805
>how to get it every time
Press X on the one frame after you get hit every time
>will it display as a normal bomb used
Yes
>>
>>15991317
Good job, difficulty wise EoSD should be up your alley by now, if you can get past no-hitbox and the fact there's no reset option in esc menu that makes learning it more painful. From the newer titles in the series TD and DDC are probably next in difficulty. Go for SA or UFO if you want considerably more challenge.
>>
>>15991351
>EoSD
No my friend. No no no. I'm sick of this RNG-ridden shit. Literally the ONE game I've been trying to 1CC all this fucking time and I've NEVER managed to do it (aside from adding extra lives before starting). I'm fucking sick and tired of this game. Even SA, which is beast in terms of difficulty, is more fun to play because I can actually feel myself getting better over time. I'm pretty sure I'd be having more fun playing fucking LoLK than EoSD in fact because I'm just tired of this one.

EoSD is a fucking mystery for me. I shan't touch that thing for at least 2 months.
>>
>>15991387
RNG is a factor, but if it consistently stops you it just means you're pretty fucking bad at dodging.
>>
>>15991387
I agree with the other anon, you shouldn't rely so much in memorization, if you can just dodge random stuff thrown at you then your skill level will go up considerably
>>
>>15991429
I'm actually pretty inconsistent to be fair. Sometimes, I can go up to Remilia and fail on the 3rd spellcard or something. And sometimes, I simply can't even reach Sakuya.
I even failed twice at Red Magic so far. Shit is infuriating.
>>
>>15991387
The only part that's truly an RNG hell is Patche; especially on Normal, there's more or less a good strategy for everything else.

Besides, every game has plenty of RNG, people just like to complain about it more in 6.
>>
>>15991387
EoSD is really easy tho, it's just more focus on faster reaction vs dense patterns with micro dodging. Knowing the most inconsistent spots should also help you plan your bombs and make it much easier as well.

Try it again later after you've got more experience with other games if you feel that way towards it now.
>>
>>15991454
And that's why I'm saying RNG is shit. To be honest, I can reach level 4 with some 6 lives a lot of times, go up to Patche and come out with some 2 or 3 lives remaining. Not even Sakuya gives me this much trouble.
>>
>>15991461
I feel the same way. A bunch of bug-type bullshit that you have to micrododge without a hitbox is a terrible way to start the second half of the game. Not to mention, flavor-wise, it makes no sense; Patche is supposed to be such a smart and powerful magician, yet even her "special magic" is still just shitting random bullets on you, but in five different colors? It bothers me on multiple levels.

But, regardless, 6 was among the first games I cleared on Normal. Just know when to use your bombs and be proactive with them, and you should be fine.
>>
Maybe this isn't the best place to ask, but what are some good danmaku games for android?
>>
>>15991489
I haven't tried too many of them but I enjoy Danmaku Death occasionally.
>>
>>15991494
Ah, should have mentioned that I have that one and some bootleg touhou where you can choose Satori
>>
File: SA1cc.png (666KB, 1276x960px) Image search: [Google]
SA1cc.png
666KB, 1276x960px
>>15987082 here again,

I did it! It was without a doubt my least graceful 1clear since my very first run ever, but it's something i've wanted to see done for a long time now. Marisa+Patchouli really do rape alot of the stages/spellcards.

Sorta related, i can never get touhou printscreens to render in mspaint. It treats it like it's not even there.
>>
>>15991550
Whew lad, very good job. I hope I'll be able to do it too one day.
So in the end, what gave you the most trouble? Just curious?
>>
>>15991572

Strictly speaking about the game, all of stage 5 mostly. I also have some slight troubles with Yuugi's needlespam minions, but Marisa+patchy took care of the worst of that. I made a couple of really stupid flubs on Okuu due to nervousness that i'd almost never do in practice, but still managed a clear.

Outside the game, time is a constant problem. I have too much shit going on in life to give games the proper immersion needed to complete them. This week i got lucky though.

If i didn't put it off so many times due to distractions i wouldve had this clear a year ago.
>>
>>15991616
Have you tried to stop shooting during certain parts of stage 5, notably the parts where small flames burst into a single homing line of shot while a big minion shoots zoning energy balls? You might not get many points but shit can make you spare a life.
>>
Anyone up for some PoFV?
>>
>>15991761

Oh I knew about that. Those were never a problem for me. Mostly it was Orin's cat form spellcard where she darts around, the section after with the heavy targeted blue wave bullet spam, and the boss fight itself. Alot of my original problems weren't nearly as bad when i switched from using Marisa and Nitori to Patchy though.
>>
>>15991482
Lunatic Patchouli on MarisaA is the best! Just try it... it's amazing. If you can NMNB that, you are of no ordinary caliber.
>>
>>15991872
I pity people who pick MarisaA for their first ever LNB.
>>
>>15991780
If you host then sure
>>
>>15991927
8.46.88.14:10800
>>
>>15991950
Did your connection die?
>>
>>15992016
Yes. Trying to get the connection back up.
>>
>>15992021
Ok, it's back up.
>>
>>15992038
I can't believe that happened again. I'm a little pissed off about this now.
Would you mind playing one more match?
>>
>>15991950
Good games. The dodges I had to do in that Sakuya match were really something else
>>
File: 97c4da00a20fd1c82479b582c5b22df8.jpg (232KB, 826x1169px) Image search: [Google]
97c4da00a20fd1c82479b582c5b22df8.jpg
232KB, 826x1169px
>>15991950
Well, that was the most intense Marisa mirror I've had in recent memory.
gg.

>>15992098
Yeah, Sakuya mirrors are funny in how janky they are. The fact that Sakuya can abuse another Sakuya's level 2 is both hilarious, and makes you think about how your using her spells.
>>
File: DIDJU FUCKIN RIKE IT.png (2MB, 1280x865px) Image search: [Google]
DIDJU FUCKIN RIKE IT.png
2MB, 1280x865px
Yeah it really was one of the easiest lunatics. I didn't even dodge a lot when I got to Junko, just bomb-spammed through her bullshit.

Kinda want to try pointdevice to actually learn the patterns but at the same time I'll probably get too irritated at some point after hundred retries and just drop it.
Don't ask about the filename
>>
>>15992118
ok cool now try it with a real character.
>>
>>15992129
Why would you force yourself to play garbage for no good reason?
>>
>>15992145
Sanae trivializes most of the game. The game played itself.
>>
>>15992145
Hello /v/.
>>
>>15992150
Hello Marisafag
>>
>>15992145
Sanae truly is too easy. I don't even feel any satisfaction.

>>15992129
I'll try eventually, for now I just want to take a break from this game. LoLK is not exactly my favorite Touhou.
>>
>>15992148
Wasn't referring to the shot, was more to the game itself.
>>
File: muxedv2.webm (3MB, 532x400px) Image search: [Google]
muxedv2.webm
3MB, 532x400px
>>15992106
I made a webm of a really tough dodge I was forced to do at 0:16.

It would be fun to play against you again, I rarely come across people who can survive for as long as you can. This is good practice for me. Shame about the lag though, can't win them all I guess
>>
>>15991505
I played that one until stage 5, heard the music at stage 5, and deleted it. Do you prefer using the orb or dragging?
>>
File: th003.png (419KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th003.png
419KB, 640x480px
Whoever tried to tell me that 9.5 isn't Lunatic-tier, fuck off. "It's a puzzle" my ass, it's just like in 7, Alice can't do anything but shower you in random bullshit, except this time you have to swim upstream through it. The only puzzle here is how anyone could enjoy this.
>>
>>15992419
Hold down the Z key to take a picture with zoom.
>>
File: Puppeteer Sign [Dolls in Sea].webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Puppeteer Sign [Dolls in Sea].webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15992419
If you spent half the time you spend complaining about 9.5 on the internet actually thinking, you could probably capture that card with ease.
In short, my advice is to get better at video games.
>>
>>15992241
How are you going to judge if you use a broken shot, you don't even have to play the game
>>
>>15992419
That card isn't even hard lmao.
Wait till you get to Border of wave and particle.
>>
File: th95_2.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th95_2.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15992522
I made a webm too! I was a bit lazier...
>>
>>15992419
>Lunatic-tier
Haha, that card is stage 4 hard at most.
>>
>>15992576
That one is easy thought.
>>
>>15992419
Really, as expected of a puzzle game, your intelligence is showing.
>>
>>15992522
You failed that one, though. I could sit there cancelling bullets all day long, but to properly clear the scene, every picture needs to include the boss.

>>15992634
It's not a puzzle game, because the solution is always the same: wait for a gap, rush up to the boss, take a picture. Most of the cards involve heavy zoning, too, so the way you're supposed to move is pretty much set in stone. You stream aimed bullets, and dodge through the rest. The challenge is either dodging long enough to charge the camera, or getting close enough to take a picture. The former is a matter of skill and endurance, and the latter is obviously easiest when there are the fewest bullets in the way.

Where is the puzzle in any of that? What is there to figure out that isn't immediately obvious just by looking at each card? There isn't anything. It's not a puzzle game, it's a skill-testing game.
>>
>stb survival
>>
>>15992419
Wow, you sure suck at this. Play the early stages or get your arse smacked across the map until you are good.
>>
File: th000.jpg (260KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th000.jpg
260KB, 640x480px
This scene is fun. Missed nice shot for the 5th photo on this run, sadly. I want to play it more but have to go to class soon.

Used a replay from royalflare to see how it's properly done. Anyway, post scores!

>>15992842
The puzzle is figuring out the correct way to do the cards. For example, on 10-3 it took me about 170 photos to figure out that you are supposed to no spoilers! instead of just dying in the corner. If you do 10-3 without thinking of a solution, you're not going to pass it.
>>
>>15992842
>every picture
Every picture needs the boss to be SUCCESSFUL. You can clear bullets to save yourself (along with getting up to 60% charge back) from an unwinnable situation.
>>
>>15992869
Why did you do that? I don't think that'll work for the anon if he can't even reach that.
>>
>>15992361
I didn't play for long, realized that the controls were shit and stopped
>>
>>15992842
>I could sit there cancelling bullets all day long
No you can't, there's a time limit.
>but to properly clear the scene, every picture needs to include the boss.
No, the game counts that as a clear. You really shouldn't place arbitrary rules on yourself if you can't even clear the scene.

Honestly, if I didn't know any better, I would say that your intentionally shitposting. But no sane shitposter would be dumb enough to rant that much.
>>
File: sad_bird.png (24KB, 152x123px) Image search: [Google]
sad_bird.png
24KB, 152x123px
>>15992882
>>15992906
But if you have any failed pictures, when you go back to the select screen, Aya says something gloomy about the photos not being usable or whatever. It seems similar to a bad ending. Anyway, I don't think bullet-cancelling shots even help, since they just draw out the time between real shots that are still just as difficult to take. If you can clear a card with them, you should be able to clear it without them, too. It hasn't held me back so far.

>>15992868
Yeah, I cleared the earlier stages, that's why I'm on Day 3. And now I've died to this one about a hundred times, but haven't felt any progress so far.
>>
>>15992989
From the wiki:
"Of note is that Aya may complain about the quality of your pictures if your highest score for a scene isn't high enough."
So it's not about failed pictures.
>>
>>15993009
Oh, interesting. So when I first got the gloomy message, it was actually because the failed picture/extra time/whatever made the score too low, but since I don't usually look at scores, I drew the wrong conclusion. Good to know.
>>
>>15993030
Yup. It's only really a thing at low levels, it's rare as you move up in bosses.
>>
>>15992989
Here's a webm to illustrate how defensive shots can be useful in survival. I recorded this replay with input lag in a small window.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ytelzs.webm

Admittedly it is from Double Spoiler rather than Shoot the Bullet, but the gist of it is: I begin leading Shou the safer way at first, but then intentionally flood the screen with bullets, send myself into a trap and take a defensive shot to successfully escape. Obviously you can avoid setting up this trap in the first place, but I mean, puzzle game, right?
>>
>>15992989
>any failed pictures
You can fail as many as you want, you just need a high enough score for the red dialogue.
>>
Is the Super Fairy Wars worth getting into?

I want to play some good Strategy.
>>
>>15994073
Wait, do you mean Fantasy Maiden Wars?
It's ok, but the only one that I would really say is great is the first one.
>>
File: th003.png (612KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th003.png
612KB, 640x480px
>>15992989
>about a hundred times

Man, if that discourages you, do not continue to play Shoot the Bullet.
>>
>>15994783
I've seen people with 7k on 9-6, pretty horrifying amount.
>>
>>15994806
That is horrifying. I have all the spells up to Stage 9 complete except 9-1 and 9-6, and it sounds like I did right to skip them (for now). 6-6 is still my hardest clear with the amount in pic; I don't know what it was but I just could not clear that card for the longest time, even though it was simple streaming. Cards on later stages are obviously harder but I managed to pick them off quicker.
>>
>>15994817
I had the same issue with streaming for some reason. 3-5 is the scene I have the most attempts in, took me 200 or so.

Granted I did rest of StB when I was considerably better, but still.
>>
Man I love ISC. Finally getting a no-item clear of a spellcard that seemed completely impossible on the first 50-100 tries is orgasmic.

Only 6 spellcards left now. But I can't even begin to understand how some of them work. For now, at least.
>>
>>15994783
I thought 6-6 was going to be really simple... I say going because I am currently on Stage 6. Good lord, the ramming into you along with some spells making it a thing of extreme timing is quite intense.
>>
>>15991461 here, said I wouldn't touch EoSD again but I decided to try. Still got Red Magic'ed. I fucking hate running out of stuff so quickly, especially since I got killed twice with a few bombs remaining
That said, going with Marisa A went smoother than with Marisa B because you kill bosses faster, and Patche didn't cause me much trouble. Gonna try again another day, I have hope.
>>
>>15994986
Is no iteming ISC the epitome of pointlessness
>>
>>15995862
It is. I did a no-item run and now i feel broken. Probably the hardest spellcard is "humans are nice" and "Koto sign". In my opinion it wasn't worth it grinding for hours the same spellcard just to get the no item clear. Some of them are pretty fun with no items thought.
>>
>>15994783
I finally cleared that Alice one after about 200 attempts. I don't see the appeal of a card like that where there's nothing to learn, you just have to throw yourself at it over and over. Well, actually, I did figure out over time that going up the right side of the screen helps, but it was still basically the same shit. The clear doesn't really feel legit because it would probably take another fifty tries for me to replicate it. Is that what the entirety of the late game is like?
>>
>>15996196
>nothing to learn

How about dodging?
>>
>>15996210
Okay, I think you know that's not what I meant. Yes, dodging is a physical skill that you can develop to some extent, but I was referring to knowledge of how to approach a specific card.

For example, consider Suwako's spell cards. 'Two Claps and a Bow' is a card that depends almost entirely on learning it; with knowledge of the correct way to dodge it, even a hamfisted scrub like me can capture it with ease. In contrast, 'Froggy Braves the Elements' is the complete opposite; it's an unpredictable shower of bullets that relies almost entirely on your dodging skill, plus a bit of luck from the RNG. That's the difference between 'a card you can learn how to clear' and 'a card that you just have to be skilled/lucky enough to clear'. Of course, those are two extremes, and there's a whole continuum in between.

The card I was talking about is firmly at the skill end, though, because it's another random shower of bullets. You can't learn anything to make it easier, because it's different every time. And since I'm not very good at micrododging, it became a game of waiting for the RNG to move Alice close to me enough times before I fucked up.

So far, Day 4 seems much easier than 3, because most of the cards are actually predictable patterns, so there actually is something to learn.
>>
>>15996412
Anon, I think you have a lot to learn about pattern recognition if only the most obvious of obvious patterns are recognizable to you.
The only real rng, like you said, was Alice's movement, but even that's not too bad since you can clear bullets should you get trapped. That, and you can actually get her with a shot from surprisingly long distances.
>>
>>15996412
Two Claps and a Bow is harder than Froggy Braves the Elements though
>>
So is Riverbed Soul Saver any better than Mystical Power Plant? Mystical Power Plant was a very poorly made game, in my opinion, so I want to know if someone who didn't like MPP would like RSS?
>>
>>15996435
Come on anon, I don't think Froggy Braves the Elements is that bad either, but you would have to be a blind epileptic to have any issue with Two Claps and a Bow after your first few tries. It's the most basic kind of streaming, once you understand the gimmick it's hard to mess up.
>>
>>15996435
Then I guarantee that you don't know the right way to do it. None of the bullets should even get close to you as long as you move towards the blue lasers.
>>
>>15996435
You can misdirect Suwako's 'claps' to the top of the screen if you start the fight above Suwako before the first non begins. That way you don't have to dodge anything other than the bullets Suwako throws at you, which are trivial since you have a ton of dodging room.

Even without the cheese, the spell's trick isn't that hard to pick up on.
>>
>>15996412
Stage. Continue with this day crap and go back to ISC "kudasai".
>>
>>15996412
DS has easier early game, should probably try it.
Overall better game than StB if you ask me.
>>
>>15987932
I find that Nitori bomb more of a hassle than helpful.
The most fool proof shot type to clear SA is most definitely ReimuC, ReimuA is also good but has a much harder stage 4.
>>
>>15996628
>I find that Nitori bomb more of a hassle than helpful.
Really? On Extra and Lunatic, I found it was the easiest way to get consistent results. Drop it on a tough spot, if you pass without dying you get some power back, if you get hit you just lose 1.0 power, which isn't that big of a loss.
Really, what makes the Nitori shot so bad in SA isn't the bomb (I would consider it the best of Marisa's bombs in terms of sheer usability and utitilty, honestly), but the fact that her shot itself is so awful. No spread and only mediocre damage, Not to mention the delay between firing and hitting.
>>
>>15996658
I find the bomb bad because of the visual effect. I get hit three times more often because of its distracting effect than without it.
>>
>>15996658
Lunatic catwalk truly shows off how bad MariC truly is.
>>
>>15996619
You say that, but the difficulty has been a real rollercoaster so far. I pretty much breezed through LEVEL 4, except for Medicine's shit, and it was actually fun, unlike most of LEVEL 3, so I'll keep at it for now.

>>15996628
>ReimuA is also good but has a much harder stage 4
How so? Because of the spell cards? Insect's Nest is easy, Normal-level Wave and Particle is easy, and as for Butterfly, he can just bomb through it if it's troublesome. ReimuA also has a much easier stage 5 and 6, because you can use the teleport gimmick to avoid getting cornered in the segments with aimed bullets.
>>
>>15996680
>Normal-level
anon...
>>
>>15996689
I'm pretty sure the guy is playing on Normal, since he was saying he couldn't get a 1cc.
>>
>>15996694
still, ReimuC has an easier 1cc on any difficulty thanks to that ridiculous bomb. And if you think that Yukari spells are easy the Aya ones are a complete joke.
>>
>>15996672
I have a Lunatic 1cc with Marisa C. Catwalk is hard, but it's hard with every shot. In fact, I wouldn't even call it the most disadvantageous card for Marisa C on Lunatic.

>>15996667
The visual effect isn't any more distracting than, say, the PCB barriers.
>>
>>15996709
I don't know, ReimuC might be a bit tough for beginners, just because of how her shot and passive work.
Not saying they're bad, mind you, far from it actually, but aimed shots can be confusing for people who aren't that good at the game, and I've heard many beginners complain about accidental deaths via her passive.
>>
>>15996709
>ReimuC has an easier 1cc on any difficulty thanks to that ridiculous bomb
Yeah, no disagreement there, I just don't think Yukari's stage 4 is difficult enough to be worth noting. Alice's, maybe, but not Yukari's.
>>
>>15996713
Tell them to hold Z.
>>
>>15996713
well I suck balls at aiming the shot, but using the bomb well is something even a monkey should accomplish, and dying because of the passive is next level retardation.
>>
>>15996723
Alice's isn't really that bad though.
Nitori easily has the hardest Stage 4.
>>
File: 1381192729195.jpg (126KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1381192729195.jpg
126KB, 333x500px
>>15977684

Thank goodness Marisa and Sakuya are great friends!
>>
It's been a whole week without playing, i think i'm gonna explode, thank god someone made a thread
>>
>>15997525
I was expecting someone else to make a thread. After waiting for two days, I got restless and attempted to 1cc EoSD. The input delay with the raw game is such a pain, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>15994817
>simple streaming
There's nothing simple about having to dodge sideways through a dense cloud of random, variable-speed bullets while streaming, all while your perception of time is constantly changing. It's a fucking nightmare.
>>
File: th005.png (566KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th005.png
566KB, 640x480px
>>15994783
Fuck this card in particular.
>>
File: 1475387066308.png (294KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475387066308.png
294KB, 600x600px
Is there a worse feeling than choking on the final boss's last spellcard? I'm playing Imperishable Night and I'm performing far worse than I should. Even though I've 1cc'd all the games on Normal including this, I think I'm playing worse than I was the first time I 1cc'd this game.
>>
>>15998198
I died on the last card of Book of Star Mythology, despite having like 8 bombs left.
I also don't care that much because, while the game is far better than MPP, it still seems like the team haven't entirely learned their lessons about how to make a good and fun shmup.
I didn't dislike the game, but I didn't strongly enjoy it either.
>>
>>15997567
>The input delay with the raw game is such a pain, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Input delay is one of the few legitimate examples of 'artificial difficulty' though. Why do you not use vpatch?
>>
>>15991489
Danmaku Unlimited 2
>>
>>15997870
It is simple. You'll understand when you are older.
>>
>>15998793
Alright, downloading the lite version.
I found "Pure Chromatic Bloom" where you control Youmu and deflect bullets back to ghosts. I shall test this
>>
>>16000593
I like PCB (never realized that was the abbreviation until now) but it is rather difficult. You can take one hit before dying, but the bullets usually have a bullet behind them, killing you.
>>
>>15998198

You have to be in a pure trance not to get the jitters on the final card. In that state of mind where nothing matters but that very instant, dodging the bullets is your entire world.
>>
>>16000650
Streaming is hard amirite.
>>
Managed to get myself to play 4 hours of Touhou today. Maybe I can stop nagging myself about how terrible I am for now.

>>16002366
I assumed it was Eirin.
>>
The Retro Era is really fun, with the slight problem of it being near hard to see 90% of the early bullets, and the later stages having such fast bullets it's almost you needing to be in the right position or you die.
Also, how the heck do I defeat Marisa (SoEW and LLS)? She isn't that hard in LLS, but it's the orb attack in both games that always gets me. I also can't seem to use bomb damage on her in LLS. Is this normal?
Finally, in TH 04 and 05, how much time do I have to deathbomb?
>>
>>16002442
I'm not sure if deathbombing is a thing in the PC-98 games.

Marisa is definitely a pain. You just have to focus on destroying all parts of her shield as soon as it comes up, I'm pretty sure she's invincible until you do such. I ended up just picking Marisa so I could just deal with Reimu in LLS.
>>
>>16002454
From what I have gathered, the deathbomb never existed until TH04. Try to deathbomb in TH04 to prove me right/wrong.
My thought process:
>hears another anon say that deathbombing was in TH04
>decide to play TH04 a few weeks later after losing to Aya as Yuuka
>stage 5, having the bad ending because of some careless mistakes
>move Reimu to the left and downward to avoid some bullets
>notice I stop, and press X
>bomb is used, and I keep my life
>>
File: th10 2016-10-22 00-40-22-52.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th10 2016-10-22 00-40-22-52.webm
2MB, 640x480px
i wish this happens in runs
>>
>>16002802
The actual clearing, or Kanako following you with pretty decent spacing?
>>
>>16002910
She needs to move only a small distance to ensure her second movement is also to the right. With the large 1st movement, I have not observed SCB higher than 24.2M.
>>
File: scrub.png (13KB, 400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scrub.png
13KB, 400x1080px
>>16000650
Yeah, you're right. And it was Eirin. After I beat Eirin and moved onto Route B I cleared Kaguya on my first try though, so that's pretty great. I can mark Normal Youmu&Yuyuko on my clear chart now.
>>
>>16003068
>She needs to move only a small distance to ensure her second movement is also to the right
I know. It just uh, wasn't obvious what you were even referring to.
>>
This has been a question I've had for the longest time; do MoF and SA sometimes set the cursor to "return to title" after getting a Game Over if you die rapidly to restart the stage (because you don't have it unlocked in practice)? I swear it happens to me exactly when I would do that, and I need to know if I was going crazy when I played those games or not.
>>
>>15994783

Hey I just cleared that one!
>>
File: 20161022203153_1.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20161022203153_1.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
I just beat my first extra. I'm soo happy, finally after so many tries.
>>
File: 1470346199711.jpg (505KB, 850x708px) Image search: [Google]
1470346199711.jpg
505KB, 850x708px
>>16004947
I'm proud of you anon.
>>
File: kogasa1.jpg (193KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kogasa1.jpg
193KB, 900x1080px
>>16004956
Thank you. I swear every Kogasa's spell is more difficult than any Nue's. Umbrellas now trigger my ptsd.
>>
>>16004947
How many lives did you collect/lose?
>>
>>16004984
I actually ended up dying only twice. It's pretty weird because i've been struggling with this stage for a very long time.
>>
>>16003133
>every character Normal 1cc on PODD
How do you put up with trash?
>>
>>16005084
At the time I had only played EoSD, HRtP, and SoEW in that order, I didn't have the context to know it was bullshit and just powered through.
>>
File: 4299941-1419641297037[1].jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
4299941-1419641297037[1].jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>15987486
>Tokamak is not even remotely difficult
>SS is a joke

are you b8ing me dude?
>>
what was that mod for SA that allowed you to select any part of the stage or spellcard

not boss rush, it basically allowed you to start at whatever the fuck point you wanted

can't find it.
>>
>>16005383
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwqJeqvy1nDpRGRBUy1nX0dNWVU/view
>>
>>16005408
if this is lostboy I will fucking murder you
>>
>>16005422
cool
>>
>barely making it past aya, then dying in MOF
>"just bombspam"
>Next run ended at Kanako's 3rd spell card.

I feel so, so dirty, but at least now the end is in sight.
>>
>>16005620
I barely played MoF, probably cumulatively 30 minutes.

Yesterday I just played it on normal and seamlessly cruised through the game, with some stupid deaths here and there. Got to kanako with no continues on my first try and died on her last word.

Wanted to go fucking ballistic.
>>
>>16005683
Oh, yeah I just saw that in a video.

I think if I got the pattern down then it wouldn't be a problem. It doesn't really seem to increase in intensity like the other ones I've suffered. It just looked like it took ages to whittle down her bar.
>>
What MoF power should I try to have at all times with each type? I was thinking 3.00 is an all-around miracle, but that may be wrong.
>>
>>16005729
Oh, also, while I'm here.

I noticed there's nothing about passives in the character descriptions. Does that means Reimu has the normal hitbox size?
>>
>>16005749
It depends on what you are going for. What a silly question.

>>16005752
Reimu has a smaller playable character hitbox in all the windows games besides EoSD. I don't think there are any exceptions besides that.
>>
>>16005768
Well, there goes the explanation for all the silly stage 1 and 2 deaths I was suffering today.
>>
>>16005749
What do you mean? Unless you're talking about exploiting MariB's 3.XX glitch (which you should fix with vpatch anyway), why would you ever not want to be at full power?
>>
File: 1268809192949[2].png (589KB, 733x733px) Image search: [Google]
1268809192949[2].png
589KB, 733x733px
MarisaB in SA is underrated

wish it was easier to change the option config like in battle gargga though, then it'd probably be my favorite shot type

so versatile, bomb kind of sucks though
>>
>>16005961
The bomb is quite strong if you shotgun with it, just like all the others pretty much.
>>
>>16005961
MariB and ReimuB are my fave shots in that game, both very underrated
>>
>>16006016
ReimuB can fuck off desu, you know the homing is shit if it does nothing for stages. Which I'm pretty sure is the point of homing in the first place.
>>
>>16006022
Her passive is nice, penetrating shots are fun to use, even if they are weaker than most penetrating shots in the series, also, Suika's lines are awesome
>>
>>16006022
Homing shots are for casuals anyway.
>>
File: th008.png (474KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th008.png
474KB, 640x480px
I can't get more than four shots of this before dying or timing out. Are you supposed to cancel the laser pulse things or not?
>>
>>16006099
I never cancelled the lasers, just quickly sneak up in that shitstorm and take a photo, and head back down before the lasers come.
>>
>>16006107
Well, fuck. Guess that's it for me then.
>>
File: th095 2016-10-22 18-17-31-42.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
th095 2016-10-22 18-17-31-42.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>16006183
Doing stuff like this is fun though
>>
>>16006251
Yeah, but beyond three or four shots, the kunai just get too dense for me. I could maybe get five photos with a lot of luck, but seven? No way.
>>
>>16006301
Same boat here, I think. Doesn't help that my timing is bad too.
>>
>>16006301
Remember that your shot goes really fucking far if you set it up properly, you can snipe the last two or three shots if you want. You don't even have to cancel the lasers, as long as you're timed such that you can retreat far back enough to dodge normally after taking the shot. My computer is too toaster to record my replay though.
>>
>>16005950
Because 5.00 is the exact same as 4.00
>>
>>15998152
Fuck 6-1.
I fucking hate Chen moving erratically.
I get a shot I had to snipe for, then Chen is RIGHT FUCKING THERE while I have a disabled camera, and I can't protect myself from that attack.
I one had 7/8 shots, and at 60% charged or so, the motherFUCKER RAN INTO ME.
6-6 is kind of fun, just stay at the bottom for the v shaped bullets to chase you there, then move up and try to take a shot. Try to hold shift speed for most of it.
>>
>>16006643
Actually it's not, but regardless, that doesn't answer the question. Why would you go out of your way to stay at a power other than max? I don't even really understand what the first anon was asking.

>>16006669
All the shots in 6-1 are aimed, and Chen doesn't move around the entire screen. I just charge-focused back and forth across the bottom, waiting until she got close to take a photo, then changing direction. Some of her more shallow-angled shots clipped me a few times, but overall it was pretty easy.

The technique for 6-6 may be straightforward, but the randomness and density of the small bullets fucked me over repeatedly. I get the feeling that I was lucky to succeed with only 200-odd photos.
>>
>>16006755
The first anon asked what shot power should be used for each shot type (ReimuA, MarisaA, etc.). The reason I say that 5.00 power has no difference to 4.00 is because just that; there really isn't a difference between a 4.00 ReimuA and a 5.00 ReimuA. 5.00 is the maximum power you can hold, but 4.00 is the maximum gameplay-wise.

As for 6-1, my main problem is that Chen either won't get close for a photo, or will get so close/run into me that I have no time to fire a shot to save me. The too close is something that I can't really optimize, as the closest Chen seems to get is ~50px (not measured, just estimated) from where Aya starts in the stage. I almost exclusively go left or right, but sometimes I am forced to go up or down, and up makes it easier to take shots than down, as I am closer.
I have a lot more fun with 6-6, as it's just dodging bullets, unlike every other Stage 6 level. I can understand if the slight time slow during the spell gets you, along with the bullets that Youmu shoots during the spell being used tracking you and killing you. Most of my 6-6 deaths are from not anticipating my sudden speed up, usually resulting in me slamming into a small bullet. The strategy I made (which gets me 4/5 photos, mock me later) is starting at the bottom, and when the bullets that track you start, move up carefully and take a shot, then move down, wait, then repeat. It works well, but the aforementioned slamming into the small bullets never fails to get me.
>>
>>16006851
Yes, shot power may be the same, but not being at max means that you don't get as many faith items and can't bomb as many times, so it's sub-optimal for both score and survival.

Anyway, I understand what he was asking in literal terms, but it still totally baffles me, because in what world would you even have to ask that question? What possible reason could there be to do such a thing, aforementioned MariB glitch aside?
>>
>>16006961
Sometimes you need deathbombs to live (no shit).
I think the main thing the anon was possibly asking about is what they should have as a minimum shot power if they need to deathbomb a bit more.
>>
>>16006961
Aren't there some spots where it's better to bomb for score so you can grab shit that you couldn't otherwise?
>>
File: Plot-protected bastard.png (20KB, 644x403px) Image search: [Google]
Plot-protected bastard.png
20KB, 644x403px
PoDD Lunatic is hard as in, it's not possible without being the robot. Then you have normal PoDD, where it's easy until this freak shows up and stays alive through attacks that are near impossible to avoid. (Even tried Rinako's boss, it still wasn't enough.)
Just... How does the maiden have much more endurance than the Stage 6 enemy?
>>
Does anyone else here use a joystick+joy2key to play or only keyboard people here?
>>
>>16007837
Yes, PoDD is really stupid.
Luckily, it was also a very poorly designed game in general, and as such the best survival strategy in the later game is to not play the game at all.
https://my.mixtape.moe/mexdvf.webm
>>
PoDD is not a bad game.
>>
>>16007014
Oh, okay. In that case, there is no minimum, since it's always better to bomb than to die.
>>
I've defeated Flan. I finally got used to her last few spell cards that had me spamming bombs for so long. Also her final spell card was surprisingly easy.

I think I'll pay Nue a visit next.
>>
>>16008600
Which characters have you done a 1cc with on PoDD?
My issue is gameplay. It will either start off really easy, or start of hard as hell. Then, if you can avoid bullets to the next stage, it gets harder, meaning hard starts are always hard throughout the run. Then you have Stage 7, which usually adds more difficulty than the previous increment from 1 to 6.
Then you have how ridiculous the game is with dodging; the AI knows where its outbox is the entire time, while you can only assume its at the center of your character. This becomes a disadvantage when the enemy uses any Gauge or Boss attack, as dodging those is really near impossible without being a superplayer on the higher difficulties.
Then you have the things that aren't stated. One of these is how you use your extra attack. I thought it was shooting the fireballs, but then I glance at the enemy screen and there's no extra attack, just fireballs. Another thing not explained is the extend system (if it exists at all).
Another thing that's just a personal gripe is that all 9 states have a generic backdrop and even more generic enemies.
I would rather play SoEW Lunatic (not saying PoFV, it has the advantage of better technology).
>>
>>16011546
I've 1cc'd PoDD Lunatic with Marisa and Mima.
Extras are generated by having high combo, which is rng dependent.
Extends are granted for score.
I still think PoDD is dumb.
>>
File: 030-1-1.jpg (54KB, 455x359px) Image search: [Google]
030-1-1.jpg
54KB, 455x359px
>>16011911
That's the point I was making.
If PoFV had gameplay like PoDD (high combos for your extra, near ridiculous dodging) then it'd be a lot less popular. It IS similar, but enhanced by so much (people have an unlimited amount of bombs as long as they have a fairy + attack ready for usage, consistent difficulty, more bullets instead of faster for higher difficulty) more that it's just a better experience. It might also be slight bias on my part for two reasons:
1: every character is familiar (Yuuka especially), and looking through their eyes as the plot unfolds (Reimu's quote when you play as Yuuka hits me the hardest in this aspect) gives better taste than the empty taunts for the first seven stages, then a long monologue of science.
2: This might sound weird, but because I'm the type of person who loves lore, the "60 years cycle" plot was really nice (especially with Yuuka), and thinking that maybe, certain characters existed before they were actually encountered by the character (Yukari as an example) is quite something.
Then there's the small pellets being the main bullet in the game. Usually, since the small pellets appear in the late, end or post game, they don't have much importance to most people. But, thinking that 60 years ago, these were always used by enemies in the Retro Era, seeing something of what I believe to be historical significance puts a tear on my eye.

TL;DR: Anon says that PoDD is bad, then goes on a monologue about their thoughts that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.
>>
>>16012022
Oh, I'm sorry, I was just answering anon's questions.
But yeah, I think PoFV improves upon the formula in so many ways, I agree with that.
>>
>>16012170
On the other hand PoFV introduces new problems which are quite the pain in the ass, I'm looking at you assfairies.

Also someone said PoFV has more consistent difficulty than PoDD, excuse me? PoFV has 5 stages that does absolutely nothing, and then most likely your average players get destroyed in the stages past that, great consistency.

PoDD starts off hard and ends hard, as it should be.
>>
>>16013066
PoDD has enemies that can spawn behind you, too.

>PoFV has 5 stages that does absolutely nothing, and then most likely your average players get destroyed in the stages past that,
The same could be said of PoDD, it's easy until the rival battle, unless you're unlucky against Mima.
>>
>>16014279
I argue against PoDD, but PoFV also has enemies that come from the backside. Thankfully, your bullets defeat them before harm is done (usually).

The rival battle is absolutely horseshit. The only character I was able to beat the rival with and still have a 1cc was Mima.
>>
File: 1444170194974.jpg (191KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444170194974.jpg
191KB, 500x500px
I want to go back in time and shoot myself in the head for getting the idea to start paying attention to score. I've been stuck on MoF for three days for my second run of 1ccs because I keep doing fucking retarded bullshit to try and prevent my faith from dropping. My first 1cc was gotten within 24 hours.

Getting the faith up won't even mean anything. My score is still going to be fucking trash compared to actually good players because I can't even get a 1cc on Hard and these people could probably NMNB a Normal playthrough demand, and I don't even like MoF enough to want to play for score in the future (it's a good game, but not in my top five at all).
>>
>>16016638
Then just don't do it, just set a goal, a motive for that goal, and push forward anon.
>>
>>16016731
Man, it sounds so easy and it should be, but I always get a nagging feeling saying "you KNOW you can play better than this."
>>
>>16016755
Practice fixes that right up. The only thing you need to maintain is a healthy attitude, to understand that hard things are well, hard.
>>
File: 1474438005089.jpg (444KB, 650x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1474438005089.jpg
444KB, 650x1046px
>>16016755
Yes, you can, but not by quitting every time you make a mistake. It is just like a mental trap, once you ignore the shitty mistake and keep for the sake of just playing, you might just stop doing those silly mistakes without noticing it. I guess giving it more attention makes you fall for that trap over and over until you brute force it or just ignore it.
What I mean is, shut up, put on a smile and dodge.
>>
>>16016783
>It is just like a mental trap, once you ignore the shitty mistake and keep for the sake of just playing, you might just stop doing those silly mistakes without noticing it.

Oh hey, this is actually workinFUUUUUCK

I WAS 300000 POINTS AWAY FROM ANOTHER LIFE

IF I HAD PLAYED FOR SCORE MORE AND RESTARTED AFTER MAKING DUMB MISTAKES EARLY ON THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME ANON
>>
>>16016863
Or wait, no, I actually checked the wiki and you don't get an extra life at 20M points. I'm still angry at myself but I'm not angry at you anymore, anon. I'm sorry for going into caps lock.
>>
>>16016863
>following /jp/'s advice
There's a reason why we're all here.
>>
File: 1451700705382.jpg (20KB, 240x221px) Image search: [Google]
1451700705382.jpg
20KB, 240x221px
>>16016950
It seemed like a better shot than following /v/'s advice. Fuckers told me Gengetsu was one of the easiest Extra bosses and I spent a week going at it incessantly before fact-checking and finding out that I should not trust strangers on the Internet.
>>
>>16016863
>IF I HAD PLAYED FOR SCORE MORE AND RESTARTED AFTER MAKING DUMB MISTAKES EARLY ON THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED
yeah you wouldn't have reached there actually
>>16016950
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1477230159712.jpg (168KB, 1150x688px) Image search: [Google]
1477230159712.jpg
168KB, 1150x688px
>>16016863
>he cant 1cc the easiest 2hu game ever made
>>
>>16017102
I've already 1cc'd it, did it in a day when I first played it, but for some fucking reason I can't do it now, despite 1cc'ing harder games like SA and GFW. The fact that I can't do it is eating me up inside for the reason you stated.
>>
File: 1400279098011.jpg (178KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
1400279098011.jpg
178KB, 500x541px
>>16017115
B-But I did!
>>
>>16017118
still laughing out loud here desu
>>
>>16017115
Sure is /v/ in here.
>>
So I went back to th10 to try 1cc'ing normal with ReimuB since I was going to do that before my short vacation.
I got it, but damn it plays way too different than ReimuA, some stages raped me and some bosses were easier
>>
So do you people really think that stg skills are genetic? 'Talent' seems to be more of an effect of repetitiously playing the games until you remember the patterns, even for the Koreans.
>>
>>16018425
Talons are a factor but the absolute best players like Yu-suke only get there because of good attitude and a fuckton of effort.
>>
>>16016863
>crying over this
Bitch please, I have difficulty with AYA.
>>
How do you make the vsync patch work for EoSD?
>>
>>16019000
Reading the readme.
>>
File: 9.png (379KB, 617x738px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
379KB, 617x738px
>>15977684
never played a touhou game, looking for one to start with, dont read moonrune btw
>>
>>16019494
6, 7, 8 or 10. Download them on MoriyaShrine or use a torrent.
>>
>>16019494
I did 6-15 in order, I have no complaints.
>>
>>16019543
Forgot to mention, you'll probably want to use vpatch to reduce input lag
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches
>>
File: 5.png (307KB, 575x738px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
307KB, 575x738px
>>16019543
>>16019558
>>16019574
thanks anon's
>>
>>16019494
Not 1 or 3, 4-9 all the time
>>
>>16019578
what scores would hifumi have
>>
>>16019494
Just go to youtube and watch the playthroughs.
>>
File: help.png (417KB, 657x517px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
417KB, 657x517px
>>16019543
downloaded from MoriyaShrine and this happens.
>>
>>16019853
need japanese applocale to run eosd without that issue, I had that as well, the rest of the games work fine
>>
>>16007845
me

hori exse with joy2key
>>
>>16019801
hifumi is a superprayer
>>
File: kill jester.webm (3MB, 1078x606px) Image search: [Google]
kill jester.webm
3MB, 1078x606px
>clownpiss
how the FUCK do i beat her
>>
>>16019940
get better. keep trying. learn to enjoy it.

if you're stuck on fake apollo, keep in mind that even ZUN had trouble with it.
>>
>>16020177
ZUN is probably a shitter at his own games.
>>
>>16020205
He's actually pretty good at them...
>>
>>16020205
He can play lunatic. Dunno about his scores though.
>>
>>16020245
I've heard something about him not expecting anyone to break 1b in UFO.

So his scores are probably non-existent.
>>
>>16020177
>>16019940
ZUN's wife 1cc'd LoLK so if u cant do it just kys desu
>>
ZUN secretly has every WR
>>
File: 79a-1.png (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
79a-1.png
23KB, 640x480px
>>15988642
>1 month
Not him, but I've been playing it off and on for about six months and I still haven't beaten it. I'm improving though. Doesn't hurt that the game is really fun and I love playing it.
>>
>>16020606
It took me nearly a year to get my first normal 1cc in any touhou game, granted I didn't play that actively for the whole time as I was discouraged for quite a while. Now I have normal 1cc in most win titles and getting close to my first hard 1cc's.
>>
>>16020254
What difficulty?
>>
>>16018734
No, we've gone through this before: Primary factor is talent. Effort and practice is completely useless when you don't have the genetic predisposition to improve from it (beyond a certain point).
>>
>>16018845
Half of my runs end at Hina's midboss card. I've lost more lives to Hina's midboss card (on Normal) than I have all of Nitori's attacks, both spell and nonspell, combined. I think at this point it's psychological that I keep fucking up because the card really isn't demanding much at all, but it still keeps happening, and no I will not bomb on Stage 2 do not suggest it.
>>
>>16020682
Primary factor is effort and practice. Yes, not everyone can become as good as Yusuke if they put in the same amount of time and effort. But to say that it's primarily talent is wrong.
>>
>>16020700
Why wouldn't you bomb on Stage 2? Do you hate score?
>>
>>16020811
I don't hate score, I just have no clue how to play for score and I think properly learning would just make my experience worse because I'd have to reset over even more stupid mistakes than I already am. I recognize places in later stages where you should bomb to keep grabbing cards and prevent your meter from falling, but I'm not looking at a guide on exactly where to bomb and I don't have the strategical skill to determine from routing what places are best.
>>
>>16020700
From what I try against the midboss, go through the danmaku headed vertical to you, then go up/down to avoid the vertical danmaku. If It's ReimuA you're using, your best bet is fly left or right of the spiral that shoots danmaku to the side of you.
I honestly suck at Hina'a midboss spell as well.

Nitori is really easy the entire nonspell parts, but Aqua Pororca (forgot the spelling of it) almost always has poor RNG for me, making a wall similar to what certain characters do on ISC (not as dense, just a thin layer that'd take superplayer dodging if I could dodge it in the first place).

When I started, I couldn't even beat Stage 1 on Normal. I know that you have 1cc'd it, but keep in mind that someone who could reach Stage 3 on EoSD with continues (my skill then was shit) couldn't even beat the first stage without going into Easy, and even then, I had difficulty at Stage 4, and Stage 5 was impossible for me.
>>
>>16020606
Not trying to be mean but if you spend 6 months and haven't beaten it (presumably on normal) you probably don't love playing it.

>>16020822
Basically just bomb Hina's midboss spell because then more kedamas spawn if you finish it fast, so you can poc the items they drop and get your power back too.
>>
>>16020682
Oh yeah, I forgot how certain humans evolved to be danmaku gods.
A great skill to have when hunting those pesky danmaku firing mammoths, for sure.
>>
>>16020717
>But to say that it's primarily talent is wrong.
How so? Also try not to use Yusuke as an argument for once. This isn't a good way to substantiate your (false) claims.
>>
>>16020893
So what, prove you wrong without mentioning a player that proves you wrong?
>>
>>16020893
How about you go about proving that being good at Touhou (or shmups) is primarily talent and not hard work.
>>
>>16020606
I think "one month" refers to if you spend several hours or more each day playing and practicing. I played on-and-off regarding EoSD and it took me from summer 2014 to autumn 2015 to beat it because it wasn't regular practice and I would sometimes take long enough breaks to hurt my skill level. After I beat EoSD, I 1cc'd every other game in the series (except LoLK, I only cleared Pointdevice, no way I'm touching Legacy LoLK on Normal until I can clear all the other games on Hard) in three-quarters of that time.

>>16020840
Shit, I didn't think of that. Normally the idea of bombing against spellcards would be bad, but if it gives you enough points to make up for what you lose not capturing it, that's actually a good idea.

>>16020859
>born too late to battle the danmaku mammoths
>born too early for danmaku space battles against alien invaders
>>
>>16020901
For starters, you would have to use someone who isn't talented as an example.

>>16020912
>Effort and practice is completely useless when you don't have the genetic predisposition to improve from it (beyond a certain point).
If you're finding it too difficult to draw the sorta obvious conclusion that was omitted: therefore the primary requirement is said genetic predisposition (also known as talent).
>>
Proof doko?

Some people may take longer to improve but practice will always help, unless they legitimately have some sort of disability that prevents them from playing. The reason Japan is generally stronger than the West in shmups is because they have a community of players that encourage each other and a strong work ethic. Genetics my ass.

Holders of great scores will have high playtimes. They didn't get there just because they are naturally good at the games.

Honestly sharing my sentiments with the writer of http://pastebin.com/deNZ6S1q even if I don't have anywhere near that same sort of full shmup drive.
>>
>>16021086
>They didn't get there just because they are naturally good at the games.
Not just because of that, but partly. You need both the ability and the dedication; either one on its own isn't enough.
>>
>>16021123
If a natural predisposition for the game is lacking, the player can make up for it by trying harder and playing more. You, or at least that other anon seem to be making the point that it's primarily talent.

Perhaps there are some very specific things that cannot be learned, such as being able to get very precise frame timings (necessary in something like photo games I suppose, although that can be improved) or things having to do with reaction speed, which does not matter in almost every game. I'm not familiar with very fast shmups, but maybe that does in fact matter for Psikyo games or something like Dangun Feveron. Either way, these things are largely irrelevant. Shmups aren't the same thing as running, where the fastest in the world come from Kenya.

I believe that it's mostly hard work. Natural talent will only make progression faster - and not even by that much. It's not futile to continue trying improve when you're not "talented" because eventually you can achieve your goal.
>>
>>16020931
>too late
Just play Lunatic SoEW to PoFV. Not much to say.
>too early
Train through sheer masochism (if you're me) or something calmer, like Lunatic PD LoLK.
>>
>>16021197
>being able to get very precise frame timings
You can train that. Just try and Deathbomb/Deathrealm (Deathrealm is useful with no bombs; just press C instead of X in the 8 frame window and boom, Deathrealm. You'll know it was a successful Deathrealm because when the clock reaches 0.00s, you'll stay alive.)
Then, play IN and try to do the frame perfect Deathbomb trick.
Eventually, you'll get it consistent. Enjoy!
>>
>needing talent to be good at touhou, one of the easiest shmups
>>
>>16021267
post scores
>>
>>16021274
Yeah this whole argument is kinda dumb. They should have posted their scored and then it will be clear who was in the right.
>>
>>16021372
There is not argument, some fag made a shitposted and another counter shitposted
>>
File: 1463269749341.jpg (234KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463269749341.jpg
234KB, 1280x720px
Why in the fuck is she not coming to pc? I am not buying a ps4 for this.
>>
What's a 14.5?
>>
>>16021949
the same game released on two platforms but zun are treating them as if they are different stories for some reason
>>
>>16022023
Godammit ZUN, now in order to 1cc with EVERY character, I need to shell out some money?
(That or download a PS4 emulator I guess)
I have a PS4, just not the game.
>>
>>16022234
yup
"the story on pc is finished" is just an excuse to alienate everyone who doesn't have a piss 4 and most american fans
>>
File: Didn't press x.png (453KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Didn't press x.png
453KB, 640x480px
I-I.. ugh..
this is a terrible feeling.
>>
>>16022830
If you can't get through that without pressing X you don't deserve that 1cc anyway.

And let me guess, it's on normal with Sakuya, isn't it?
>>
>>16023073
"Deserving" 1cc's, it's almost like you think 1cc's require some form of skill or effort.
>>
>>16023121
I'm sure you 1cced everything you ever tried on your first attempt, even as a complete beginner.
>>
>>16023139
No, but I wouldn't call a few hours effort.

And it's funny to see people think you need to deserve 1cc's, one of the lowest goals in 2hu.
You get it done as soon as possible with the tools you have, not go for 20 spell caps.
>>
File: Yuyuko (555).jpg (78KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
Yuyuko (555).jpg
78KB, 600x602px
>>16023073
Yes I didn't deserve it, but not for that but rather, for losing 2 lives at the start of stage 5, for losing 2 lives at some Youmu spell that I don't get hit by, for losing 1 life at the start of stage 6 because of misusing the border and of course, for losing 2 (TWO) fucking lives on Yuyu's very first non spell, fucking dammit. After that shitshow I didn't thin I would be able to make it that far with my last life.
>>
>>16022830
>two bombs left
Come on, at least try.
>>
>>16021725
shitpost with a score is infinitely better though, remember MaZe?
>>
File: 607m PB.png (199KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
607m PB.png
199KB, 640x480px
Increased my high score by 7m. Sadly I died with 4 bombs on stage 4, otherwise this could have been a much larger improvement..
>>
>>16023796
wr soon!
>>
File: wow.png (37KB, 208x212px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
37KB, 208x212px
>>15987107
On the second midboss nonspell, couldn't we just pass through the gaps between each "line" of bullets instead of staying in one place ? It's less efficient for actually ending the pattern, but it seems easier, since you just have to tap lightly to the right while following a certain rhythm.
>>
File: pls.png (240KB, 384x448px) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
240KB, 384x448px
>>16024517
What. Just go through the yellow lines for the orderly bit, then dodge the random bit with minimal movement. If anything, it's easier than the first pattern, since you don't have to unfocus and run back and forth.
>>
Is there a trick to kogasa's 3rd spell card in UFO's extra or is it just about twitch reaction?
>>
>>16025763
Try moving with the lasers, it's a gay fucking spell desu.
>>
>>16025787
Ya I just suck...
>>
>>16025763
twitch reaction.

I can do it with my average reaction time, so it's fine. Just move with the lasers as the other anon said.
>>
File: punching a wall.jpg (84KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
punching a wall.jpg
84KB, 670x377px
>>16016863
>get to final spellcard with one life left
>manage to get her down to a quarter of health without bombing
>shit I might actually capture it
>get cocky
>die without bombing
>die without bombing again because of panic

It's the second easiest game in the series why can't I just fucking do it

I want to move on to SA so I can get my shit kicked in by bosses that are not considered pathetic
>>
>>16026857
>not bombing two lives in a row
Should've just bomb spammed.
>>
>>16026876
I know I should have, that's why I'm angry at myself.
>>
>>16026857
>>16026882
Don't be a pussy faggot like >>16026876

Capture it like a man.
>>
>>16027866
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.