[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Kino no Tabi novels worth getting? Also, light novel thread.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Are the Kino no Tabi novels worth getting?

Also, light novel thread.
>>
>>15906387
I just bought the first 18-ish volumes the other day. I like them quite a bit. I'd say it's worth, I liked the anime quite a bit, and there are these small details tying stories together in the light novels that I thought was pretty cool
>>
Watched the anime. It is actually fucking amazing. However, it's definitely quite deep, so if you don't want to be doing a lot of thinking it isn't for you.

There are a lot of meaning-of-life themes. Some absurdist undertones I think.
>>
>>15908324
That being said, the delivery of the LNs is pretty low level, lots of furigana everywhere. It's pretty nice how philosophical everything is while keeping the series accessible. Also, you can pretty much read them in any order. At the beginning of every chapter, the characters are introduced as if the reader has never heard of them before, including Hermes and Kino.
>>
>>15908367

I'll definitely second them being accessible. They were some of the first LNs I managed to force my way through back when my Japanese wasn't all that great. (Er, it still isn't GREAT, but it was worse then.)

The fact that they're largely composed of short stories makes them great for reading on the bus if you have a long commute.

I'm sure that, across 18 volumes, some of the stories are going to be duds, but they stayed reasonably solid for the 5 volumes I read.
>>
>>15908816
I usually read them on the train on the way to school, it's a good kill time. I would usually manage to read about a chapter a day or so.

I'm on volume 7 right now, volumes 4 or 5 is probably my favorite so far. The Hero's Country in volume 5 was pretty badass.

I'm not much further along than you were, but there hasn't been any stories that I've found disappointing so far. I like some more than others, but none I thought were just stupid or something.
>>
Does anyone know if there are any other light novels like this? Novels that are as easy to read as Kino no Tabi but are still good.
>>
>>15914420
Surely by the time you have read 18 of them you could try something a little bit harder?proprieta tunel
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.