[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Japanese people sleep on the floor?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

Why do Japanese people sleep on the floor?
>>
>>15902911
It helps them honor the actions of their ancestors. The ones that died after being nuked.
>>
>>15902911

Savages.
>>
Western beds aren't that great.
>>
>>15902929
Barely even human!
>>
>>15902911
Apparently it is good for your back.
>>
I don't know, but I sometimes do it in the lands of the free.
>>
Futons are actually quite comfy.
>>
Small homes require use of every square foot of space, thus the no shoes rule. They sit, eat and sleep on the floor, eliminating the need for bulky furniture.
>>
>>15902911
Because are clean (since the don't wear shoes at home) and cold.
>>
>>15902911
It's actually pretty comfortable after a while.
>>
I miss comfy witch.
>>
>>15907874
Right, after the nerve damage sets in.
>>
>go to japan
>no benches
>get to house
>no chairs
>lay out futon
>mattress is just a thick blanket

The fuck is wrong with these people? I thought they were supposed to be from the future.
>>
>>15902911
Their floors are soft and absorb moisture
>>
>>15908029
More like a hybrid of past and future.

I think that's pretty cool, though.
>>
>>15903033
You've obviously never used one then.
>>
>They're sound asleep
>>
Sleeping on a soft bed will make you have the back of a 70-year-old in your twenties. Ever seen a Jap with a bad back? No, you haven't.
>>
>>15908957
Sleeping on the floor is painful.
>>
>>15908962
Only because your back is crooked from lack of support during sleep.
>>
File: 7.jpg (9KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
9KB, 262x192px
>>15908029
> from the future.
Kek
>>
>>15902911
to walk the dinosaur
>>
>>15902911

They don't, not all of them anyway. 3/4 of the people working in the Tokyo office of my employer have western style beds... Believe me, I know.
>>
>>15910189
>3/4 of the people working in the Tokyo office of my employer have western style beds...
>Believe me, I know.
Slut
>>
I sleep on the floor pretty regularly. Mattresses don't really feel different. Sometimes they're worse.
>>
>>15908908
They're not great.
>>
The lack of a HEATER is the biggest thing I don't understand. Come on people!
>>
>>15920037
No point in all that if an earthquake destroys more infrastructure, not to mention heating the whole house is silly if you're just on the computer all day.
>>
>>15902911

lack of AC gets me.

or non-paper thin walls.

or insulation.

amazing trains, buildings built to withstand earthquakes.. but cant build houses or simple apartments. lmao
>>
>>15929781
Seriously. Even just insulation in the outer frames and roofs. Its not that expensive and is flame retardant.
>>
>>15930044
You just don't get it, it's all transient anyway.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.