[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamen Rider

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: agitoz.jpg (187KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
agitoz.jpg
187KB, 1366x768px
Who here watches kamen rider?

I've watched half of OOO and am working on finishing Agito currently.

Anybody have any recommendations on what I should watch next. I've been told they drop the "serious" tone of agito after a certain point and would like to continue to watch things similar to it. I like the kind of silly yet attempting to be serious "drama" it created.
>>
save me /jp/
>>
>>15882934
Watch Kamen Rider W.
>>
Fourze is my favorite KR But to be honest, I just watched Fourze and W.
>>
>>15882934
I'd check out the currently airing show Ghost, it's nearly finished and is really comfy. I find it very similar to the first goofy half of Agito which is also really comfy too.
>>
I'm just getting into Kamen Rider. Where should I start?
>>
>>15883556
Currently airing or previous is generally what I've seen people recommend, older stuff tends not to have aged well so isn't a good place to jump in at if you haven't watched Toku before.
>>
>>15883572
So start with Ghost and work my way backwards maybe?
>>
>>15883593
I'd shitpost you here and say yes but seeing as this is /jp/ I won't. In my opinion the past few years haven't been good to Rider and have pushed it more in a toy sale focused direction, some people can ignore it but I wouldn't recommend starting with one of them because the early Heisei series aren't like it at all.

Kabuto and W were both and still are considered to be good starting points. After that I'd just pick a show with suit designs or theme that you like the look of and dive in, a lot of shows are drastically different. Den-O for example is much more comedy than other series, Hibiki is far more J-Drama.
>>
>>15883613
thank you. I think I'll start with kabuto then. Also, less important, should I look into reading the original manga, and even if I should, is it even possible to find it online?
>>
>>15883637
I haven't tried any of the original manga myself, I don't think I've ever seen them for that matter. If you do want to read something I've heard that Kamen Rider Spirits is pretty great and highlights a lot of the Showa era riders quite well.

Speaking of which a lot of the Showa era stuff hasn't aged well at all if you decide to watch it, not that it's bad it's just a product of a different time... It's vastly more monster of the week focused and such. I believe Black is the exception and has a more solid story setting.
>>
Watch Kuuga, Kabuto, W and Ryuki, if you can get subs for it. Those are pretty much the best of the 2000 era stuff. I stopped watching the recent stuff after Gaim but there should be a new series starting soon so give that a go. /m/ has release threads I believe

Showa riders are period pieces so you probably wont like them if you're not into that kind of stuff.
>>
oh shit I had no idea they posted this stuff on /m/
>>
>>15883488
Ghost isnt comfy, it's shit.
>>
>>15883572
>older stuff tends not to have aged well
That is very wrong and many fans got into it with older stuff.
>>
>>15883637
>should I look into reading the original manga, and even if I should, is it even possible to find it online?
Yes to both. The original manga is superb; which doesn't come as a surprises as Ishinomori is one of the best cartoonists ever. And it's available on comixology.
>>
>>15888188
Oh shit, after looking they've got both kamen rider AND Cyborg 009 on there. Shit, but I don't have the money for both of them.
>>
>>15888481
Cyborg 009 isn't complete unfortunately. And there are rips of it on the internet. Also a separate scanlation available (by HappyScans I think). Don't know how the translation compares, but at least comixology one is decent
>>
>>15882934
Go to /m/, find the general with a paste in and it will tell you what you need to know about each series and where to get subs. Don't bother posting or else you want get any real help.
>>
>>15888181
While you're right Showa stuff excluding Black is incredibly different to both later and earlier Heisei stuff. I wouldn't recommend Showa stuff to someone who hasn't seen any Toku before because it's not representative of the modern genre. The majority of fans who got into stuff with Showa shows would be people who watched it when they were airing or still relatively new. The amount of filler in Showa stuff does not make it easily accessible by any means either.
>>
>>15882934

ALL YOU NEED IS DRIVE
>>
>I like the kind of silly yet attempting to be serious "drama"

Try Amazons
>>
>>15882934
>Agito
You're starting with arguably the best series. Everything else is either going to be not as good or only equally as entertaining.
>>
>>15894508
Agito is one of the stronger series for sure although I enjoyed a few others more but I don't think it's as big of an issue as you say.
>>
>>15883613
Dude, I agree with you but Gaim is probably the best neo-Heisei rider I've seen. It throws the 2-episode story arcs out the window and goes for mature themes and a somewhat well thought out story (as far as Kamen Rider goes). But I'd recommend watching it after some of the other ones to really appreciate the different tone.
>>
>>15900049
>Dude, I agree with you but Gaim is probably the best neo-Heisei rider I've seen. It throws the 2-episode story arcs out the window and goes for mature themes and a somewhat well thought out story (as far as Kamen Rider goes). But I'd recommend watching it after some of the other ones to really appreciate the different tone.

Although Gaim's tone is very different to "Neo-Heisei" it isn't particularly different to earlier Heisei stuff, Urobuchi himself wanted to write something like it and was told to by production staff. The throwbacks to Faiz and Ryuki are pretty glaring too.

That aside I'd probably agree with you if I only watched the first half of the show, sadly I feel it drops the ball massively after that and ends up being a worse product as a whole than a lot of other shows because of the wasted potential and disappointment, pretty much like Hibiki but not as drastic of a change.
>>
seriously
just watch it all
there is no objective ranking
I liked wizard, others hate it
I don't like ghost, some others love it
it's like with black people
>>
>>15900135
Cool, I've watched mostly the Neo-Heisei stuff, Kuuga and Agito, so I'll probably watch Faiz and Ryuki next.
>>
>>15900185
ghost is good man
>>
File: Idontknowwhattosavethisas.png (211KB, 577x391px) Image search: [Google]
Idontknowwhattosavethisas.png
211KB, 577x391px
The ending of Fourze is the funniest shit on the planet to me.
>>
>using "Neo-Heisei"

/jp/, I thought you were better than this.
>>
so, /jp/, are you ready for no subs?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.