[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did she mean by this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (205KB, 523x509px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
205KB, 523x509px
What did she mean by this?
>>
Sakuya is an edgy teenager.
>>
>>15857888
Explains all the knives she carries
>>
Her dad abandoned her in London after she got decimated by Jonathan.
>>
>>15857919
That sounds exactly like the kind of thing an edgy teenager would do.
>>
File: 1468784192719.gif (384KB, 627x460px) Image search: [Google]
1468784192719.gif
384KB, 627x460px
Said by the time warping maid working for a a vampire living in a lake full of fairies with a living god in a shrine nearby while the kappa in the neighboring river do shady shit.
>>
>>15858020
Translation: I'm not giving these entities my faith.
>>
>>15857862
How could they be gods if they are now "friends, fellow youkai hunters and incident solvers, associates and colleagues" to you? It is all about perceptions.
>>
>>15857862
What's the definition of god? Sure there's "gods" in Gensokyo but in Sakuya's eyes they're just creatures with magical powers claiming to be gods.

I think she's being reasonable, I wouldn't believe them myself if I met someone like that. Have cheesy apocaliptic movies about aliens getting praised by the humanity taught you nothing?
>>
>>15858020
You forgot being visited by the Yama in PoFV and meeting a ghost princess of the Netherworld in PCB.
>>
>>15858283
>they're just creatures with magical powers claiming to be gods.
That's pretty much 99% of all gods in nearly all fictional settings ever.
>>
I think many people are interpreting this the wrong way. Of course she knows about these "gods" but I think she choose to not rely on them and see them as higher beings.
Would you not think it would be silly calling people gods when the title is given to so many? I mean even people like Sanae is considered a god.
And it's hard to see them as higher beings when they get beaten up all the time.
>>
>>15857862
She doesn't give them any faith. She accepts they exist but no faith for them. Because doing so implies a degree of loyalty and alignment towards them.

Her loyalty and faith all belong to Remilia.
>>
I think ZUN does it again!
>>
she's made this joke before you dummies
>>
>>15859098
Sakuya really likes to tease Reimu, but it's actually hard to know if this is a joke or not.
>>
>>15857862
Being a god in Touhou means you have an overglorified fanclub that supplies you with faith. Yukari, with her reality bending powers, is still only a youkai, while the Aki sisters are gods and they're incredibly weak. Hard not to be an atheist when you define "gods" that way.
>>
File: Shinki.full.119265.jpg (3MB, 1500x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Shinki.full.119265.jpg
3MB, 1500x1275px
>>15857862
It's not Sakuya's fault. Only Reimu was able to look at god's face with a smile.
>>
>>15859258
Well, there's the dragon too, who is more of a traditional "god"
>>
>>15858283
The definition of God is different depend on the religion you follow or are looking at.
There is the more well known type of God(s) that created the universe.
The other type would be a superbeing that represents a part of nature, such as the Greek Gods or the actual fucking Gods in Gensokyo.
Atheism is the disbelief or lacking in belief (being skeptical) in the existence of God(s).
So either Sakuye doesn't know what atheism means, is jokingly saying she thinks the Gods she has met can't do something, or is shitposting irl.
>>
File: akiwinter.png (118KB, 290x206px) Image search: [Google]
akiwinter.png
118KB, 290x206px
>>15858283
>What's the definition of god?
This was debated about and covered in SoPM there is an entire discussion where they establish what being a god actually is. It should actually be required reading SoPM as a whole is extremely informative.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism/Part_5

It's quite a lengthy section but this excerpt is of particular interest.

>Kanako: When gods are named their powers are restricted, but they receive an identity. They lose the ability to exist within anything, becoming almost the same as youkai, but in return receive an ability to be reborn by their myths.
>Byakuren: So basically, gods are youkai whose ability changes according to myths?
>Kanako: However, if they lose their faith, they will gradually return to their former existence. As for youkai, they disappear when forgotten, so they threaten people in order to prevent that. However for faith, it does not work the same. If a god did nothing but threaten people, it would lose faith and become a mere youkai.
>Byakuren: Now that you mention it, I met a harvest goddess before, but I couldn't tell her apart from a youkai.
>>
>>15858763
Sanae is more of a potential god, really.
Really, she has the best of both worlds, until she begins to age, at least.
>>
>>15857862
I can't imagine it's "atheist" as we know "atheist". After all, that would be fucking stupid,v even for a dog.

She must mean she doesn't devote herself to any faith. You know, like Reimu.
>>
>>15860112
In other words, an apatheist.
>>
File: we got a winner.jpg (5KB, 125x99px) Image search: [Google]
we got a winner.jpg
5KB, 125x99px
>>15857888
>>15857919
>>15857977
>>
>>15860112
reimu is shintoism, she is literally a shrine maiden for fucks sake
>>
>>15859538
This. Sakuya is either retarded or she's just messing around.
>>
>>15860194
No, Reimu is "Shintoism". She's more list a Taoist, actually
>doesn't know her god's name let alone the rites for it
>doesn't really know any rites for that matter
>will kick anyone's ass, be they youkai OR god
>doesn't particularly want to be faithful, tries as much as she can to gather faith for her shrine through scummy means
>philosophically much more of a Taoist than Shintoist (believe in "the way of things" and "status quo", balance etc)
>even uses Taoist symbols (yin yang orbs)
>>
>>15858020
Atheism is just the disbelief in God(s)
Not the supernatural

I've met atheists who claim the moon landings are fake and seriously think lizard people are a thing and running the world.
>>
>>15860212
who are you quoting?
>>
>>15860234
Have I upset you? Would you rather I use asterisks for lists?
>>
>>15860238
Yes, please don't be abrasive.
>>
The most important question is if Zun is ever going to clear this up.
>>
>>15860397
Only if he's asked at a panel.
But given we just get recycled questions and memes, dont expect anything.
>>
File: 1471295954338.png (296KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471295954338.png
296KB, 720x720px
>>15860214
Now that you mention it, japanese themselves are like this. They do not believe in the gods, but they sure are superstitious. It's mind boggling.
>>
>>15860483
We had a chance but a stupid frogposter asked a MAKE WALL question.

Zun won't come back because of frogposters. Japamoot should ban them all.
>>
>>15859538
>>15860156
>>15860195
stop being so daft holy shit this isn't difficult
>>
File: irreligiousDIO.png (13KB, 1115x127px) Image search: [Google]
irreligiousDIO.png
13KB, 1115x127px
>>15857862
The same shit she meant 12 years ago, during IaMP.

Seriously I don't understand why is everyone making a fuss over a fact known a decade ago.
>>
>>15857862
You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill seriously. This is too autistic even for /jp/ standards.
>>
If you lack the intelligence to make a thread with your own words you should not post on /jp/. Take your truly epic /tv/ memes back to the dump where they belong and hop in there yourself while you're there.
>>
>>15865404
>If you lack the intelligence to make a thread with your own words you should not post on /jp/. Take your truly epic /tv/ memes back to the dump where they belong and hop in there yourself while you're there.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>15865404

?
>>
>>15865132
It's /jp/ they never play the games.
>>
>>15865461
>What did he mean by this?
What went wrong, /jp/?
>>
>>15865959
>What went wrong, /jp/?
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1434947261200.png (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434947261200.png
20KB, 250x250px
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.