[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange Creators of Outer World: ZUN and Iruka interview.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 001.jpg (555KB, 1185x1280px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
555KB, 1185x1280px
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Strange_Creators_of_Outer_World/Iruka_Unabara_x_ZUN_interview

Iruka: The PC version of ULiL is complete by itself, the story ends there. There are no plans to add more stories to that.
>>
I mean, it sucks, but I didn't really expect them to do otherwise.
>>
So the story will be different, and it might not necessarily still be ULiL
>Chronologically speaking, it's after LoLK. It's not the normal story, more like a completely different story.
>There's a chance that you won't understand it without playing LoLK. It'd be like things are finally starting to fall into place, but.
>>
My favorite part was the bit where ZUN talks about setting up Hopeless Masquerade's religious war between Miko and Byakuren with Symposium on Post-mysticism.
>It's interesting. So rather than the users of the moment, I think of the users in the future. After doing all this, the fruits of my labour turned out to be Koishi getting popular.
>>
>>15833573
poor ZUN
>>
>>15833573
And they didn't really visit it that much outside of HM, and Moriya wasn't even involved. Like WTF son.
>>
>>15832837
I want Reisen's finger guns back, that "gun" is so retarded.
>>
>>15833962
There's hundreds of other works you can use to jerk off to firearms, /k/. It's fucking Touhou.
>>
>>15833873
That's what you get when you have sellouts fucking making your licensed game.

It's finally proof that Tasforo are sellouts.

Also remember Zun's face when he held the fightstick. He was as souless and broken as the Dewrito Pope.

They took his game and shat on it.
>>
>>15833978
She has no reason to use that fucking thing though. Her point and suppository setup in the past was better than that stupid thing
>>
>>15834027
>Also remember Zun's face when he held the fightstick. He was as souless and broken as the Dewrito Pope.
It's a video? I wanna see.
>>
>>15834027
>Also remember Zun's face when he held the fightstick. He was as souless and broken as the Dewrito Pope.
Fuck off, he always looks like that and you're just projecting.
>>
>>15834027
How much pull does ZUN have in getting characters in or writing the story? Could you elaborate more on how Tasforo are sellouts?
>>
>>15832837
>>15834027
>>15834921
Where were you when sony STOLE ulil from everyone? Where were you when sony STOLE doujin games like that?

That's right, you were browsing /jp/ and it just happened.

No, I don't care that a port of ulil exists for ps4. Yes, I am PISSED that the original and objectively superior pc version has effectively been abandoned to feed the console jew.
>>
>>15835074
You can't make this kind of shit up.
>>
>>15833962
Never seen a 50s or 60s sci-fi film then? That's what that gun reminds me of when I look at it.
>>
>>15833962
God, right? The finger gun was so damn sharp and suited her perfectly. This loudspeaker gun looks like a fucking toy.

>>15832837
Remember when this was first announced? How it was going to have something amazing and serious, something that Touhou's never done before and will change the series forever?
Well never fucking mind I guess, not even getting any new story out of this shit, meaning we're getting literally nothing besides a dozen more Reisen lines. Fantastic.
>>
>>15835248
I think that line is saying that no new story is being added to the PC version. There should be more story in the PS4 version.
>>
>>15833962
Don't worry she'll still use her finger gun for some of her attacks.
>>
>>15834921
Zun does everything related to the story and music. Everything else is all tasforo, including adding characters it seems.
>Even the character that Tasogare Frontier had wanted to include from really long ago, Mokou, finally appears.

Zun seems to be against wanting it on the ps4.
>Zun: Honestly speaking, I don't feel like releasing games there. Why not? Probably because I hate dealing with consoles.

>Zun: Why port this game at this time? I wanted to make it have meaning.
>>
>>15834027
>>15835855
>Zun
It's you again.
>>
>>15832837
template excuse when jew dev wants to justify the console specific exclusives
>>
Why does Zun even work with Tasfro? It seems like a large majority does not like anything they touch.

And did Zun really have full control over the story in ULiL? I mean stuff like Byakuren fanservice fetish motorbike outfit and pairings is not really what Zun's been doing before.
>>
>>15841707
>It seems like a large majority does not like anything they touch.
/jp/ shitposters aren't a majority anything.
>And did Zun really have full control over the story in ULiL?
Why wouldn't he?
>and pairings
Oh, you're one of those retards.
>>
File: Touhou 4koma "True Character".png (392KB, 538x1766px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou 4koma "True Character".png
392KB, 538x1766px
>>15841707
>I mean stuff like Byakuren fanservice fetish motorbike outfit and pairings is not really what Zun's been doing before.
Why do people keep missing the point of Byakuren's character? She's extremely sensitive about her appearance because she fears dying of old age - that's why she became a youkai in the first place, and why all her magic is focused around enhancing her body.

Why do you need to take a complex character and reduce her to a single character trait?
>>
>>15832837
>I played Melty Blood
I wonder what he mained
>>
>>15835855
>including adding characters
It's the opposite.

ZUN makes his calls and demands. If Tasofro can't accomplish them, things get cut. Like how he highly considered putting in Kaguya but understood Kaguya wouldn't be so great in a fighting game.
>>
>>15835074
Stole? If anything it sounded like they were surprised that Tasofro came to them.

Blame Tasofro for wanting this so bad. At least ZUN made it more than a port, I guess.
>>
>>15841707
shut up
>>
>>15841707
>I mean stuff like Byakuren fanservice
Retard ranting about fanservices in a doujin game series filled with young girls with fancy dresses.
I know he stated that Touhou series aren't really "moe" kind of game in EoSD, but I think you took the context wrong, that was just ZUN's excuse for his bad drawings.
>>
>>15842908
Yeah because he totally wants fan service in his game when he after 12+ years he hasn't done a single fan service moment like this. The first time this actually happens is when Tasfro made a game.

I think 12+years of history speaks more about the stuff than your interpretation his comment.
>>
>>15842938
You mean when the new sprite artists hired were too perverted, and by the time this was realized it would have been a fool move to renege.
>>
>>15842938
If this is your idea of "fanservice" you need to chill. Yeah it's slightly proactive but it's still PG but any reasonable standards. Doujin artists do more risque shit to his characters and ZUN doesn' even care about them.
>>
>>15842938
We can see the bloomers of several characters in previous fighting games, and quite a bit of skin is shown in some characters' defeated portraits. So it's not completely unprecedented.

And Byakuren a shit anyway, it fits her well to be a slut. I don't get why anyone is making so much of a buzz about it.
>>
>>15835855
>>15842825
I think Tasofro holds a lot of sway over inclusions, actually. Tasofro really wanted Meiling, ZUN never seemed to care. The compromise is that she never got to be anything more than a bonus character or have a real part in the scenario.

ZUN said he originally wanted Soku to focus on weaker characters, or stage 1 and 2 bosses, which is where the rumor of Wriggle and Nitori came from, with Kaguya and Mokou as bosses. However, Tasofro really seemed to be against it, until they got Sanae and Okuu to work with to motivate them to make the game. Presumably, only Cirno made the cut from the original game.

It's only conjecture but this is where the fighting games' characters gets screwed up.

With Kaguya and Mokou, the original Soku was to serve as a bookend of sorts on Touhou 6-10 characters, with the exception of Sanae. ZUN would have been thinking of a religious arc game at least as early as UFO. Sanae and maybe Okuu were being saved for that. But then with Soku as it was, it's why we got Nitori in 13,5 but no Sanae making her debut and finally Mokou out of nowhere in 14.5.
>>
>>15843693
I used to hold that theory, but PS4 ULiL Reisen cleanly torpedoes it out of the water. ZUN has absolutely no issue with reusing characters.

So he didn't put Sanae in HM because he didn't want to put Sanae in HM, for whatever reason. Probably because he had ULiL planned back then as well and had no idea how Sanae and Sumireko would interact with each other (and decided to just not do it, so Sanae got the boot).
>>
>>15843725
True, but he does make a distinction between the old, Moon Rabbit Reisen and new, post-LoLK, Earth Rabbit Reisen, as effectively being different characters. But of course no one really buys that excuse.

Hypothetically, I like to think Sanae herself had become an urban legend in the outside and was one of the mysteries Sumireko had an interest in.
>>
>>15832837
>Honestly speaking, I don't feel like releasing games there. Why not? Probably because I hate dealing with consoles.
>You did say that porting a finished game onto a console would be spending time on it again, so you don't really like it.
>More like I don't see the point in making a game from the beginning just so you can play it on consoles. But if Tasogare-san's the one making it and Sony can be satisfied, that'd be nice.

Y'all fuckers are a bunch of overreacting ninnies.
>>
>>15843910
Given Japan being more modern, the first world becoming more materialistic and less spiritual, I think you could say Miko end up in Gensokyo as a forgotten remenennt of old Japan. I bet most modern ones dont believe in Shinto but do it because it's tradition, and maybe helps with tourists. Japanese may not identify as atheist, but they dont care much about religion.
>>
>>15842938
ITS JUST A SMALL SPRITE OF OLD WOMAN IN A BIKER SUIT FOR ONE SEC OR TWO BRO CHILL
>>
>>15851712
>I think you could say Miko end up in Gensokyo as a forgotten remenennt of old Japan
It's more complicated than that, since it's also about the very existence of Prince Shotoku being called into question in modern times (and obviously some of his more superhuman tales), and overall it being ZUN's commentary on history. He ran with it and suggested that Shotoku was a woman all along, but history favored legends as a man and a ton of what actually happened was lost forever. Due to this history, the real Shotoku was lost to humans, and that's why Shotoku entered Gensokyo.

So it isn't just about being old, it's about the belief of humans. Lots of old things are remembered "correctly" and so they haven't been lost to Gensokyo.
>>
>>15853221
>>15851712
wait you were talking about shrine maidens, shit don't capitalize it like that
>>
I would like to see more of this gun.
>>
>>15843910
>Hypothetically, I like to think Sanae herself had become an urban legend in the outside and was one of the mysteries Sumireko had an interest in.
That would have made for a nice spellcard.
>>
Are there scans of this magazine anywhere? I really just wanna look through it.
>>
>>15843725
Reimu technically represents what Sanae represents. Hakurei even has a Moriya branch shrine.

No need for another Shinto.
>>
>>15854846
That's another way of looking at it, but the taoists and the buddhists have two representatives each so Sanae's absence still stands out.

>Hakurei even has a Moriya branch shrine.
I'm pretty sure that ending did not happen.
>>
>>15854948
I think it did, but it's not as if we were ever given the grounds' plans
>>
>>15854948
also to complement Reimu you have Marisa, even if she's not religious

Reimu isn't religious, either
>>
>>15854948
>>15855113
>>
>>15855125
>>
And to think that people claimed that Reisen wouldn't be console exclusive.
>>
>>15855207
those were the times
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.