[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IDOLM@STER Platinum Stars

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Is this game worth getting? I loved OFA and the anime, but I read some reviews on amazon and a lot of the nips seemed to think it was shit saying that there's not a lot of content compared to previous titles and the only thing it really has going for it is the new character models and 60 fps.

Does anyone have the game? How good or bad is it?
I've been looking forward to this game since January, and I can finally get it now, but I'm not sure if I should if all that's waiting for me is disappointment.
>>
>>15807374
It's not very good.
Go and play imas 2 instead.

The reviews are correct.
Its very shallow and has fuck all interaction with the girls.
It's just a stripped down rhythm game.
>>
>>15807491
Is OFA worth getting if you have 2 and don't like Iori?
>>
>>15807625
You get to produce all 13 idols in OFA, and you can select them in whatever order you want. You can put Iori off until last, but you'll have to get to her eventually. The most it will absolutely make you do is the introduction scene with her to where you add her to your idol roster.

There's also some super live thing that I forget the name of that happens every 2 seasons where you have all 13 idols perform in 3 songs (2 groups of 5 and 1 group of 3). It's generally not a good idea to have one of your idols super low level for these in comparison to your other idols, and if you haven't been doing Iori's scenes then you'll be low on your friendship/heart points and wont be able to do as many appeals. This part really only applies to the late game when you're trying to clear the last big all unit super live.

I never played IMAS 2, but I really liked OFA. I heard there's some geography shit in 2 and it's not present in OFA. Also not sure how each girls scenes work in 2 like if it's more focused around your main girls storyline or something, but in OFA you either go to the main girl's scene board to do them as they become available to you, or you sometimes get random ones like on your way to the office in the morning or some random shit like buying them their favorite soft drink from a vending machine.
>>
>>15807688
So you handle all the girls instead of just a unit of them?
>>
Are these games good for slow readers?
Do they have timed choices?
>>
>>15808130
They do, but you could just press the PS button in Idolm@ster 2 to freeze the choices and still being able to more or less read.
I don't know about the other ones.
>>
>>15808130
>Do they have timed choices?
Yes, but there's also a pause button
>>
>>15808142
>>15808145
Dope, I wasn't sure the pause could work like that for those parts
>>
>>15807877
afaik you still work with a unit of 3, but you can change your unit every day if you want to and unlock the girls for having them available for that.
Also there are the allstar-lives that were mentioned where all idols participate
>>
>>15807491
OFA is way better than 2, not just with the gameplay and the amount of content, but you get to produce all idols (what the fuck where they thinking with cutting four of them in 2), and don't have to deal with retarded male idols as your rivals. Leon is way cooler than Jupiter could ever possibly be.

Also, the DLC solo scenarios are the best thing ever.

>>15808145
Pausing doesn't work in OFA during choices.
>>
>>15807625
I couldn't stand Iori at first, but OFA changed that. Still can't like Miki though, as a person, not as an idol.
>>
>>15808611
I don't like Iori because of her voice.
>>
>>15808130
The text in Platinum Stars is advancing automatically so no. I guess everything voiced should be fine and isn't faster than voices lines in eroge, but anything not voiced is pretty fast gone.
>>
The reception for this game has been so cold I don't think we'll ever get another

rip 765pro
>>
The real question is when will SP translations will be finished.

I need Azusa and old Ritsuko.
>>
>>15815079
Better this way, I'm getting tired of seeing all kinds of half assed kusoge selling good just because they have cute girls. It's sad to see im@s being treated like this but next time they better make something good then.
>>
>>15815629
Next time it'll be a Cinderella Girls handheld only spinoff

Question: Is G4U really like 20 seperate games or do they stack into one whole game with all the characters?
>>
>>15815629
>next time they better make something good
like sunshine, right?
>>
Iori
>>
>>15815079
Their fault for shitting out this half assed crap of a game

make one with the cinderella girls next, 765 is old and busted
>>
I really like the change in gameplay but missed the strategy aspect. A combination of them both would be ideal.
>>
Anyone knows if there's already a date for the shutdown of the DLC servers for im@s 2? As long Sony keeps the PS3 alive?
>>
>>15816508
Do they do things like that?

Are those e-mail package things a 1 time buy or are they different ones per dlc?
>>
>>15815079
The game is basically L4U PS4 edition.
Anyone who expected otherwise was dumb.

>>15808603
Leon is pretty much the worst example you could pick of a good feature from OFA considering how much wasted potential she was. Combined with the complete gutting of all management elements, OFA was simply average, and SP is still the best game in the franchise.
>>
>>15816726
Management-wise, sure, but commus matter to me more and it didn't disappoint on that regard. But to be honest, I liked the skill board and the unit combinations. SP is definitely great, no doubt about that, loved it all the way through.

Is it worth shelling out for the Xbox versions? Those are the only ones I hadn't played yet.

>>15816243
Separate, the 765 ones were bundled as extras for the anime BDs.
>>
>>15816243
I actually wanted to buy the G4U games.

Whilst the original G4U are on the JP PSN, the CINDERELLA GIRLS are not. And they're fucking impossible to find anywhere...
>>
>>15818632
Well they're just pictures. You can probably just watch a youtube video and get the same experience.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.