[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you know Dagashiya?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 駄菓子屋_(1799471816).jpg (351KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
駄菓子屋_(1799471816).jpg
351KB, 1280x960px
do you know Dagashiya?
>>
File: hdr20110829chichibug.jpg (409KB, 1320x871px) Image search: [Google]
hdr20110829chichibug.jpg
409KB, 1320x871px
>>
>>15803686
The only things I know about them are from watching Dagashikashi and Game Center CX.
>>
>>15803742
it is cheep snacks store, mainly for kizz
isnt is there in Western countries?
>>
>>15803761

My grandparents told me about five and dimes that sold penny candies. But that was 75 years ago. Shit like that ain't in America anymore.
>>
File: candystore.jpg (66KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
candystore.jpg
66KB, 640x360px
>>15803686
dagashiya is cute
>>
>>15803761
There was a candy store around here, and also those small grocery stores that were very un-store-like (it was like visiting someone's home), somewhere in the 90s. Aren't they all but gone because of hypermarkets?
>>
>>15803761
Mostly gas stations have stores like that attached.
>>
my dream is to open one
>>
File: aa-kiosco-tetey67.jpg (177KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
aa-kiosco-tetey67.jpg
177KB, 1200x900px
>>15803761
We have them in Argentina, I have a hard time believing things like this don't exist the US.
Unless I'm getting them wrong, they sell candy, soda, ice cream, sandwitches and stuff like that so it seems they are the same thing, we call them "kiosco".
>>
>>15805267
That's just a normal corner shop, those kind of places were replaced by walmart, at best you could find a liquor store or 24/7 gas filling station.
>>
>>15805267

In the US it's pretty rare to have tiny shops that only sell one kind of thing (snacks.) Effectively our equivalent is gas stations, which almost always have a little mini mart attached where you can buy junk food, drinks, beer, cigarettes, lotto tickets, etc.
>>
>>15803761
In one neighbourhood growing up there was a candy store in the most random place, no other stores for blocks. Thinking back it must have been a repurposed liquor store or bar place felt kinda like a bunker, but with lots of cheap candy/snacks/toys, doubt it's still there.
>>
I'm pretty sure I saw it on the wikipedia or maybe japanese wikipedia for dagashi.
>>
>>15805840
I thought OP said do you know "this" dagashiya. whoops!
>>
>>15803761
The term in America was "penny candy" stores. Most went out of business a long time ago, and any that survived are large stores that probably don't have the sort of feeling like the places pictured in this thread.
>>
candy store was the best leisurely weather
>>
>>15803686
In old days there was five or six dagashiyas in an elementary school district in Japan. But there are few them now.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (91KB, 1000x491px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
91KB, 1000x491px
Got pretty familiar with them by watching GCCX, also from Sugita's stories from his childhood on Anigera and other radios (like when some grandma running one got a brand new Vampire cabinet and she asked him to set the machine up or when he and his friends were doing the Mentos-cola like thing and tried to hold the burst with their mouths).

>>15803761
Didn't think about it at all before reading this post since all markets and even smaller convenience stores in Finland have always had a good selection of sweets, but there actually was two that could be called dagashiya in the small village I lived in; one was combined with a flower shop and the other was a smaller kiosk near the junior high school. Both were "penny candy" type of stores with lots of random foreign stuff you couldn't find in regular stores (eg. related picture).

>>15816501
You can actually find classic dagashi at Tsutaya nowadays, so the culture will live on in slightly different form.
>>
>>15805267
At least here in Chile kioskos also sell newspapers, magazines, cigarettes, etc. They had payphones back in the day too.
>>
There's a dagashiya on the street corner of my cousin's house, and I have no idea how it stays in business.

The closet thing where I live is some wagashi shop, which I also wonder how it's still in busy since the foot traffic isn't that high around here.

Also
>penny candy
Never heard of this term until now, interesting. The closest thing I knew of growing up was a penny arcade, but the one near me went out of business a long time ago.
>>
>>15817213
I remember some watermelon flavored pops like that would taste like soda instead. I can't remember which soda, but I remember it wasn't a fruit-flavored soda.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.