[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a light novel thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: cutting edge. zwei.jpg (65KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
cutting edge. zwei.jpg
65KB, 422x600px
Cause /a/ deleted mine.
https://circustranslations.com/2015/08/14/085-the-words-that-reached/
>Reihim removed the tattered clothing that covered his body.
>Seeing what was beneath, the Templar Knights covered their faces.
>Even Hinata looked repulsed.
>Everyone’s gaze was focused on Reihim’s exposed body.
>As a myriad of faces were protruding from it.
>Still alive, some showed anguished expressions, others of despair. There were even some mad ones smiling…
>As if mocking the holy land upon which he stood.

>「First… behold my body. It is the punishment for evoking their King’s wrath…
>I was a fool. A terrifying, a truly terrifying enemy I have made!
>A demon lord.
>By our hand we gave birth to a new demon lord!」

You lied to me about Slime-loli isekai LNs, anon kuns. Slime-loli is pretty edgy!
>>
Wasn't skythewood in charge of Slime Tensei?
>>
>>15801442
Web novel, that is.
>>
Why would anyone read shitty machine translation of a Chinese machine translation?

Why not have some self-respect and learn Japanese?
>>
>>15801504

>self respect
>learn Japanese

You know who I am quoting.
>>
>>15801442
Guro and Clown seemed to have taken over.

>>15801504
I'm a chink, but since I'm ameriboo I rather read clapistanian translations.
>>
>>15801447
>>15801442
>Skythewood
You mean moonbunny?

http://moonbunnycafe.com/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken-light-novel/

Looks like they abandoned the LN translation and only the WN translation is active.
>>
the only WN i cared about, 地球からきた転生者の殺し方, disappeared.
>>
>>15802156
>How to Kill Reincarnateds From Earth = Stealing Their Harem Members One by One

Edgy, bro.
>>
>>15804978
It's actually pretty funny. It doesn't take itself too seriously. If you're expecting deprive the deprived or nidome no yuusha, its nothing like that.
>>
LNs are literally the worst medium of the already terrible medium that is otaku "literature".
>>
File: gen.jpg (175KB, 812x1136px) Image search: [Google]
gen.jpg
175KB, 812x1136px
I've been digging through Arslan Senki for the past few weeks, but once I get far enough in the novels that I'm caught up to the recent anime I'm hoping to give Genjuu Chousain a read. It's getting so hard to find fantasy that's not isekai/reincarnation shit these days.
>>
>>15805440
>Arslan Senki

Aren't there like 20 volumes or something? How good is it in terms of pacing and writing?
>>
>>15805708
I think 15, currently. So far (4 volumes in) it's been really straightforward with solid progression. I've heard the second half of the series changes direction, but I haven't got that far yet. The writing is fine as far as I'm concerned, very concise, nothing super flowery, awkward, or extraneous that's really stood out, but also not overly simplistic either. I don't think I've ever found much fault in Tanaka Yoshiki's prose, he's pretty good at cutting the fat and keeping things interesting.
>>
File: red power ranger.jpg (34KB, 343x480px) Image search: [Google]
red power ranger.jpg
34KB, 343x480px
>>15805708
>>15805729
Isn't it just a poor man's Rot3K, with more gay illustrations?
>>
>>15805282
Manga >/tv/ >Taiwanese Puppers> Anime > LN

I'm really hoping the manga adaptations get popular enough to be translation. I'm a chunni-fag who loves manly stus.
>>
>>15805898
I find it to be far more readable than R3K (at least, the English translation of it that I read), but I won't deny that there are some similarities; but R3K is one of those seminal works it's hard NOT to draw comparisons in Japanese historical war fiction. But Arslan is rather narrower in scope and has a much more focused "story" to it, and it doesn't feel to me like I'm reading just a middle-eastern skinned R3K.
>>
File: 5deep6u slimes.png (391KB, 1600x416px) Image search: [Google]
5deep6u slimes.png
391KB, 1600x416px
>>15800851
I wasn't expecting a recurring time-travel plot in Slime-loli. But it sounds less ridiculous than the Shield Bro spinoff, where the bird-brain spear-hero goes dying groundhog's day style just for the love of bird-grills.
>>
>>15805729
Just to clarify, you weren't reading some translation right
>>
>>15808326
see>>15806033
Probably the translation. I read it was popular enough to be published in various lingua?
>>
>>15808326
Yes, Japanese.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.