[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese language

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: hiragana-chart-image.png (113KB, 437x577px) Image search: [Google]
hiragana-chart-image.png
113KB, 437x577px
Has anyone here started learning Japanese and if so, how did you start and what did you use to learn?
>>
I started out with this.
http://www.freejapaneselessons.com/
>>
>>15793709
Take this to /a/'s DJT or /int/ Japanese thread.
>>
Started with Wikipedia, and Japanese the Manga Way for grammar.
I don't know Japanese though.
>>
I used
1. Memrise
2. Hiragana+, Katakana+,
3. Vocab, and Grammar then Joyou Kanji, along with Kyouku Kanji.

I am still learning even a year later but i felt i made it really far. I swear by it though Memrise has helped me out but the Grammar i kind of needed to read Japanese Grammar The Manga Way to learn it.
>>
File: 1469938644081.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469938644081.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
I've spent about 5 years now of learning
I know all the kana, some basic grammar, and kanji

Maybe if I actually put some effort in, I would be fluent by now.
But I keep taking it easy instead
>>
i started the last year, i take evening classes every week. i use takoboto, it's a translation app
i use kana
>>
Genki is great. Mearii-san is an excellent waifu as well.
>>
File: 1419883890840.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1419883890840.png
185KB, 500x500px
Whatever you do don't buy any "games" or "books" that promise to teach you hiragana and/or katakana. That stuff's stupid easy.

>>15800827
Right on.
>>
You cannot learn Japanese.
>>
>>15793709
I moved to Japan for work. Now I am fluent.
>>
File: Aren't there any straight boys.jpg (625KB, 1909x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Aren't there any straight boys.jpg
625KB, 1909x1040px
A few years ago, I learned hiragana/katakana with realkana, read a small amount of taekim's guide, and just a couple hundred cards of core 2k/6k anki deck. Not much.

Finally picked up learning Japanese again recently, finishing reading taekim, going through more anki every day and starting to read some untranslated VNs with text hooker help (especially need help for kanji readings). It's still difficult to understand but most things make sense, aside from stuff like proverbs.

Machine translation is so horrible for Japanese so I am of course only using that as a helper.
>>
http://www.gpb.org/irasshai/japanese-i

Don't watch if you find black people infuriating.
>>
>>15793709
Going to try again after 6 months of doing absolutely nothing. Turns out my new calendar has a goal option so I set it to remind me to work on jap 3 times a week till i feel like im ready to go further
>>
File: doyourbest.jpg (13KB, 269x216px) Image search: [Google]
doyourbest.jpg
13KB, 269x216px
>>15793709
Hiragana and Katakana are piss easy, just write them down over and over, stick some charts up around your room so you see that shit daily, and start using memrise. Once you get those down you can start translating some easy shit, and then they'll be stuck in your memory, you won't even have to think about it. I wouldn't bother with kanji before this.
>>
>>15801007
You need only jparser, toggle off this bulky, intimidating shit.
>>
>>15801453
Sometimes Mecab has alternate readings. I guess there's no reason to have original text tab open though.
>>
>>15793709
Started with phone apps and literally writing Hira and Kata line by line until I memorized it.

Now I am working on Kanji and have the first 200 or so down (N5 and N4), but it has been slow making progress. My university has Japanese courses I want (and with state law required for graduation) to take. I'll try to get in next semester, but those seats fill up stupid quick.
>>
File: 2016-09-06_223554.jpg (133KB, 1279x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-06_223554.jpg
133KB, 1279x768px
My way to go.
>>
File: n.png (12KB, 791x426px) Image search: [Google]
n.png
12KB, 791x426px
Still my newest progress report - >>15771606
>>
File: jt4u-infographic-emotion.jpg (635KB, 800x2306px) Image search: [Google]
jt4u-infographic-emotion.jpg
635KB, 800x2306px
Depends on what your goals are. If you just want to communicate, learning some set phrases is easiest. Reading and writing is a different matter.
>>
>>15800837
Agreed Kana's are simple and easy.

>>15801324
Use Timely and set it up to remind you everyday to study.

>>15801007
Anon ive had a shit ton of trouble setting that up machine translation and i have tried everything and even finding Japanese visual novels. Even then its just hard. I think its because i have windows 10.

>>15801771
Honestly i want to be conversational and to be able to watch anime, read visual novels. Not be fluent. But just to be able to survive with the knowledge i have.
>>
>>15800839
>You cannot learn Japanese.
>>
File: kpkBS.png (187KB, 299x344px) Image search: [Google]
kpkBS.png
187KB, 299x344px
Anybody knows audio lectures I could listen to while at work?

Any level is fine.
>>
>>15800837
Fuckin' Mary-san
>>
>>15793709
rikai-kun is your best friend.
>>
>>15793709
It's been a few years of taking it easy and reading raw manga. I never did become "fluent" or even conversational, but my grasp of grammar is good enough to read shit with a dictionary. I know I won't proceed any further unless I have a conversation partner to meme with, so I don't bother to study anymore. I'll just forget what I studied anyway if I'm not reading it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.